Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    mtbr member
    Hi all, took my Fatboy out for a great beach ride last week. Great adventure at 1' elevation

https://youtu.be/q1HPMW9UlSA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    So I was just walking around my LBS and they had a E Fatboy now. I said what the heck and took it for a spin, it was actually pretty fun, I could only imagine riding in 5 inches of snow with it. price was 5000
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Specialized Fatboy-20160831_103656.jpg  

2016 Santa Cruz Hightower CC
    2016 GT Grade Carbon

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Hello,

I'd like to put a bluto on my 2017 medium sized aluminum fatboy (new frame design). Does anyone know if the fork will clear the downtube? The frame looks to have mounts for a frame bumper/stop like the carbon fatboy frames, but my LBS says there isn't one available to purchase, and the bumper for the carbon frame doesn't fit my bike. Please offer any insight to this as I don't want to buy a fork that could potentially damage my frame. Thanks in advance.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Schvizen View Post
    Hello,

I'd like to put a bluto on my 2017 medium sized aluminum fatboy (new frame design). Does anyone know if the fork will clear the downtube? The frame looks to have mounts for a frame bumper/stop like the carbon fatboy frames, but my LBS says there isn't one available to purchase, and the bumper for the carbon frame doesn't fit my bike. Please offer any insight to this as I don't want to buy a fork that could potentially damage my frame. Thanks in advance.
    May not exist, I can tell you with 100% certainty that the bumper from the carbon frame doesn't fit as well as the new epic ht. I don't have a camber one to try for reference. I'd double check that the dealer actually talked to the warranty dept.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelHumpal View Post
    May not exist, I can tell you with 100% certainty that the bumper from the carbon frame doesn't fit as well as the new epic ht. I don't have a camber one to try for reference. I'd double check that the dealer actually talked to the warranty dept.
    That's a good point, I'll check for other bikes in the Specialized portfolio that use a bumper. Makes sense that they would try to share a simple part like that rather than design/manufacture a unique part just for the aluminum Fatboy. I'll also double check with another LBS to see if their answer correlates with the first. Thanks for the ideas!

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    I just bought a new Specialized Fatboy SE and the rear has a bolt-on axle. Everywhere I look it states that it comes with a quick release axle. Does anyone know if this is correct? Is there an easy way to convert? I dont want to carry a 15mm socket wrench with me when I ride...

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by lrodriguezvodak View Post
    I just bought a new Specialized Fatboy SE and the rear has a bolt-on axle. Everywhere I look it states that it comes with a quick release axle. Does anyone know if this is correct? Is there an easy way to convert? I dont want to carry a 15mm socket wrench with me when I ride...
    You bought a 2016

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    On Sale Framed 197mm x 12mm Rear Thru Axle

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by prj71 View Post
    He has a "BMX" threaded axle and nut, not a thru axle.

Not the fake Jay Leno
    i have the initial run of Fatboy SE's that have QR front and rear. Maybe your LBS can swap out the axle. Otherwise, I recommend the Jethro Tule from Surly. Fits right in your seat bag and opens your beer after the ride too! I use it on my SS Pugsley, which I converted to a solid axle, because the QR could not keep the rear wheel from slipping in the horizontal dropouts.

Small Parts | Parts and Accessories | Surly Bikes

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    About 2015 Fatboy cranks. Everything else is now upgraded in my Fatboy (lauf, m8000/m9000, jackalopes+big ride, hope e4 race, carbon bars) but crankset is still original Samox. What is best choice for reasonable price crankset? And will 170mm spindle be ok with big shoes (shimano size UK12)?

Aeffect:
    https://www.raceface.com/products/de...aeffect-cranks

or

Turbine:
    https://www.raceface.com/products/de...e-cinch-cranks

And this is correct bb?
    https://www.raceface.com/products/details/cinch-pf30-bb

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Ready to go!

Update to new -15 Fatboy. Lauf, Slx-brakes, Bontrager Jackalope rims (because of easy tubeless), Dt Swiss 350s big ride rear hub, Renthal carbon bar, XTR shifter, XT rear derailleur, Sunrace 11-cassette, saddle and seatpost were changed too but they are still Specialized. Crankset I'm gonna change in some time but not yet. Weight 13780g.
    Last edited by Tctic; 04-06-2017 at 09:45 PM.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678