Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 1374
  1. #101
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    132
    Specialized Fat Boy ETA?-fat-1-spe.jpg
    what size frame do you think this one is? a medium?

  2. #102
    mtbr member
    Reputation: wetpaint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    258
    I think that is a small.

    Compared to the medium I've seen in person, the frame's main triangle looks too small

  3. #103
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    132
    Quote Originally Posted by wetpaint View Post
    I think that is a small.

    Compared to the medium I've seen in person, the frame's main triangle looks too small
    shame, i really liked the sloping top tube but i need a medium.

  4. #104
    Location: SouthPole of MN
    Reputation: duggus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,378

    Re: Specialized Fat Boy ETA?

    Quote Originally Posted by kpw2011 View Post
    shame, i really liked the sloping top tube but i need a medium.
    If you like a sloping top tube get a 9zero7.

  5. #105
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    972
    I'm getting so antsy for these to show up. A wee bit o' snow this morning really kicked it in. I've ridden the Farley I picked up for the wife three rides now and all it's done is make the wait more difficult. I want to get fatter

  6. #106
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    271
    Well, I decided to wait until late January unless the bikes get shuffled back further.
    I bought myself a Krampus to ride until the Fatboy Expert arrives
    should be fun riding Chubby/Half Fat/Semi Fat

  7. #107
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Tahoefatty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    54
    Any word on when the new specialized tire is going to hit the market ? Looks like a decent tire.

  8. #108
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    30
    Canadian distributor is saying early spring.

  9. #109
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by jemlinus View Post
    Canadian distributor is saying early spring.



    For just the tire or a complete bike?

  10. #110
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    87
    Just convinced my mate to order one, lets see if he can get a Large framed one in Australia...

  11. #111
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Zoo1424's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    151
    Quote Originally Posted by trailblazer29er View Post
    For just the tire or a complete bike?
    I believe just the tire. I heard yesterday from my LBS that it's the tires that are holding everything up. I would imagine any tires they do get produced will be going right on the bikes. I'm guessing tires themselves won't be available for awhile.

  12. #112
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    63
    The reason I'm questioning that date from the prior post was that the 2nd delivery is schedule for early spring, I'm guessing by the demand that there will be a thrid shipment. (Again total guess, no LBS information on that) I'm not even convinced when I'll get the bike based on what I've heard on this forum. And I put down a deposit really fast after the Specialized event. I was really hoping to take part in some local fat bike activities, but I'm not going to register for any fatbike races until I have a fat bike.

    I guess we'll get the bike when we get the bike. I wish we had someone like Espen W on the Diamant & Nakamura bikes. We haven't heard anything really directly from Specialized on this forum.

    My wife thinks forums like this are for whinners and complainers and that most bikers just want to ride the bike and will be happy whenever the bike arrives. She may have a point. But I'm a bee that has been to the honey pot too long.


    Quote Originally Posted by Zoo1424 View Post
    I believe just the tire. I heard yesterday from my LBS that it's the tires that are holding everything up. I would imagine any tires they do get produced will be going right on the bikes. I'm guessing tires themselves won't be available for awhile.

  13. #113
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    101
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyjose View Post
    Just convinced my mate to order one, lets see if he can get a Large framed one in Australia...
    Thanks mate. Deposit going down tomorrow for Feb delivery

  14. #114
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    87
    I will hold you to it too, or make you buy a Norco...

  15. #115
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    176
    gcohen wrote:
    If a miracle happens and my fatboy arrives by then I am in

    gravitylover wrote:
    From what I just heard a few minutes ago you might be seeing miracles come true.

    If I didn't work on Saturdays I would be so in to hook up for a global fatbike day ride I will certainly get out the next morning though...

    gcohen wrote:
    Please tell and save me hours of internet searching!!!


    that's from my local forum. Anybody hear anything to confirm??

  16. #116
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    93
    and that forum is what?

  17. #117
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    176

    Specialized Fat Boy ETA?

    Local mt bike forum in Westchester NY. Wmba.org

    It was a thread about a global fat day ride that I made the comment in and that was a response.

  18. #118
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by gcohen View Post
    gcohen wrote:
    If a miracle happens and my fatboy arrives by then I am in

    gravitylover wrote:
    From what I just heard a few minutes ago you might be seeing miracles come true.

    If I didn't work on Saturdays I would be so in to hook up for a global fatbike day ride I will certainly get out the next morning though...

    gcohen wrote:
    Please tell and save me hours of internet searching!!!


    that's from my local forum. Anybody hear anything to confirm??
    Confirmed! I talked to Specialized this afternoon. However he did say limited numbers will ship in Nov with another bigger batch in early December. I think it depends on who you ordered from, and when you ordered it. I ordered from a bigger dealer in MN and I ordered mine when it was first announced. I'm not sure if I'll be riding a Fatboy Dec 7, but I'll cross my fingers and wait. (Based off false rumors I almost canceled my order)

  19. #119
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    176

    Specialized Fat Boy ETA?

    Sweet!!!! Sounds like we are getting close

  20. #120
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,322
    Quote Originally Posted by gcohen View Post
    Sweet!!!! Sounds like we are getting close
    I hope you get it, I really want to see Spec's fatness.

  21. #121
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    176

    Specialized Fat Boy ETA?

    Quote Originally Posted by bad andy View Post
    I hope you get it, I really want to see Spec's fatness.
    Definitely getting it. Just not sure it will be before Dec 7th.

  22. #122
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    87
    Could be worse, my mates confirmed Australian delivery is February, mind you he is getting the Expert by the looks of it.

  23. #123
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,524
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyjose View Post
    Could be worse, my mates confirmed Australian delivery is February, mind you he is getting the Expert by the looks of it.
    So the experts are shipping later than the standard ones? I may have to change my order if thats the case.

  24. #124
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    972
    Quote Originally Posted by trailblazer29er View Post
    Confirmed! I talked to Specialized this afternoon. However he did say limited numbers will ship in Nov with another bigger batch in early December.
    Very limited this first round

  25. #125
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    101
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyjose View Post
    Could be worse, my mates confirmed Australian delivery is February, mind you he is getting the Expert by the looks of it.
    Might be as early as end of December as they ordered shop stock. Better save my dollars to pay for it before then.

Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Specialized Vice vs. Specialized Tactic vs. Fox Flux vs. 661 Recon
    By Innota in forum Apparel and Protection
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-31-2013, 06:45 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-29-2013, 08:51 PM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-05-2012, 10:43 PM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-22-2011, 09:27 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •