Page 4 of 55 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I stopped by my LBS today to check on the status of the bikes and I was told they are expecting them mid to late January. Iím not sure if they are telling people that to lower our expectations or if thatís what they have been told by Specialized. Either way we're not going to see these bikes anytime in the near future!

mtbr member

Specialized Fat Boy ETA?

Nobody is getting a bike until they can actually make the tires. That's why you're waiting.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Tyres are made, take a look at latest pics from recent shows. Bikes have ground control tyres and are production bikes.

mtbr member
    Yep, they are producing tires now

mtbr member
    It's a new bike and Special Ed's first fatbike. A snag or two isn't unexpected. Surly announced Krampus completes at interbike in September 2012 and they got delivered where I live in April 2013.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    vikb is a time traveler

Pretty sure he meant April 2013.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chader09 View Post
    vikb is a time traveler

Pretty sure he meant April 2013.
    Yup. Corrected. LOL. A 2yr wait for a bike might make me grumpy.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    That January time frame was what my LBS gave me as well good thing I still have my mukluk, sold my fatback to get a fatboy

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by KP snowman View Post
    That January time frame was what my LBS gave me as well good thing I still have my mukluk, sold my fatback to get a fatboy
    +1 - sign of wisdom - having a back up plan
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Waiting patiently for my green Fatboy, though I must say I am getting excited about it and I have never ridden one!!

Bob

Biker Boater Boarder
    Quote Originally Posted by reig3 View Post
    Waiting patiently for my green Fatboy, though I must say I am getting excited about it and I have never ridden one!!

Bob
    I too ordered mine before ever riding one because I knew it was for me the minute I laid eyes on a fatty. I had been doing a good job having the patients of a saint UNTIL the other day a friend who manages our LBS let me take a fat bike out on demo here in the Breckenridge area on some of our heavily snow covered summer bike trails and now I CAN'T WAIT!! ha ha. I've even woke up a couple time in the middle of the night thinking about it. I've been telling people if they have never ridden a fatbike and have one on order....don't ride one, cuzz it makes the wait harder. I attribute the fat bike is the same thing as snowboarding was to the ski industry around here.. its a game changer.
    With all that said, I called the corporate offices of Specialized a few days ago to ask some questions and they actually put me on the phone with one of their fat bike "project guys" and he told me, they where still hopeful and on track for a mid to late December delivery date. I couldn't believe I got to chat so openly with them. So not sure about January dates seen on here, but I wouldn't doubt if it rolls to January delivery date.
    Last edited by SummitSurfer; 11-09-2013 at 10:06 AM. Reason: grammer
    Adios,
    "Chaco"

Lots of kids tell me they want to be firefighters when they grow up, I tell them they can't do both!

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    I am hoping we get them by December, the wait is killing me. It took me three years to convince my wife that I "needed" a fat bike. Then of course I picked the one I have to wait for. I sure hope it is worth the wait, it looks a whole lot betteer for the price than the others out there.

mtbr member

Re: Specialized Fat Boy ETA?

My buddy just put down on one today from a big Spesh shop. It was already ordered though, and manager says 30 to 45 days. No 4.6" Ground Controls until next fall, though, which make me sad. :-(

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I think I'm going to get a Mukluk2, no maybe a Mukluk3, no how about this Specialized Fatboy oh no wait what is this, a 907 wow that looks good too. That's how my week was then today it was. wow I found a deal on a used Muk3 then it was no I'll get a new Mukluk3 and up grade it as I go. But! Oh! No! Again! it has 9spd I don't want that so I'll stick with the Mukluk2 then I say, self do you think Salsa is going to change all their fat bikes next year to 190mm rear hubs and you're going to wish you had one? "most likely" Self do you want grip shift and a lighter bike that already has bigger tires "well yes" then wait for it.

Quote Originally Posted by AllMountin' View Post
    No 4.6" Ground Controls until next fall, though, which make me sad. :-(
    Not true... ground controls are in production already.
    I also found out that Spesh actually did try originally to get Bud/Lou spec'd on the fatboy for this year to get the bike out much sooner, but QBP said no to keep supply available... or something. Makes sense since they are always short on tires the way it is.

mtbr member

They are in production, but not available separately at this time. I'm guessing that my local Spesh dealer just isn't going to order any till then. I would think supply should free up by springtime otherwise.

Ride good on the internet
    Aug 2006
    Uhh, these were probably "in production" about 60-90 days ago, and we are now waiting for a container to show up.

FYI.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    I'm right with you mate. I've been tortured by my indecision. it doesn't help that there is no LBS here that has a demo so i can't ride any fat bike. So i drove for 3 hrs yesterday to test ride a moonie. it was great, i decided right there that i need a 5" 100mm capable bike. so thats a 907 190mm or the fat boy. Im going to pursue the fat boy! at my lbs, they have one on order. Does anybody know what colour the cheaper fat boy is? the LBS doesn't know!

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Are you sure your lbs is a Specialized dealer? I only ask because they should know the color. Look here.

Quote Originally Posted by kpw2011 View Post
    I'm right with you mate. I've been tortured by my indecision. it doesn't help that there is no LBS here that has a demo so i can't ride any fat bike. So i drove for 3 hrs yesterday to test ride a moonie. it was great, i decided right there that i need a 5" 100mm capable bike. so thats a 907 190mm or the fat boy. Im going to pursue the fat boy! at my lbs, they have one on order. Does anybody know what colour the cheaper fat boy is? the LBS doesn't know!
    Lucky neighbor of Maryland's Patapsco Valley State Park, 39.23,-76.76

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by shoo View Post
    Are you sure your lbs is a Specialized dealer? I only ask because they should know the color. Look here.
    they sell a lot of specialized bikes, not sure why they don't know. there is very little interest in fat bikes around here. I makes choosing much harder.

mtbr member
    The tires on the show bikes at the Iceman Expo were the ground control's, but they were not the production (machine made) tires, they were handmade or hand poured whatever makes more sense, but they were not the mass produced ones.
    Hopefully they are in production or have been for a while now...I want my Fatboy!
    "I ain't right!"
    Fatback 190
    Stumpy Marathon
    El Mariachi SS

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by kpw2011 View Post
    The Expert Fatboy is Black& Red and the Fatboy is Green & black or it comes in Black & Yellow. The Fatboy is about 2lbs lighter than the 907 bikes if that matters to you, after you gat a bike then it's about 50 to a 100 bucks a gram to lighten it up. The only things I see on the FB that I'll change out are the HB I have some that are carbon and the brakes the wet brakes might not work to good where I live.

Living the thug life.
    I heard 3rd person (seriously) that an employee at a very large Specialized dealer said there was a hold up because the carbon forks were cracking. Now, that is completely unverifiable as far as I know and probably not true as it was 3rd person and said dealer has a high degree of not completely informed employees. Do with that info as you wish.
    I proudly ride for these guys.

My blog.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kovickc View Post
    The tires on the show bikes at the Iceman Expo were the ground control's, but they were not the production (machine made) tires, they were handmade or hand poured whatever makes more sense, but they were not the mass produced ones.
    Hopefully they are in production or have been for a while now...I want my Fatboy!
    I was told by the a Specialized Employee, not bike shop employee that those were production tires. He said those 2 bikes will go back into boxes after the show & out to a dealer to be sold. They were literally one of the first bikes off the production line.

mtbr member
    I was in the same quandary. Wait for the Fatboy. Mid January?! Nevermind, I'll go with 9zero7! Rode one yesterday & loved it. Went to the LBS today to order one & they were closed!!! They were supposed to be open. On my way back to work I decided to just wait for the Fatboy. It's what I wanted from the get go anyway. Ugh.
    Quote Originally Posted by idinomac View Post
    I think I'm going to get a Mukluk2, no maybe a Mukluk3, no how about this Specialized Fatboy oh no wait what is this, a 907 wow that looks good too. That's how my week was then today it was. wow I found a deal on a used Muk3 then it was no I'll get a new Mukluk3 and up grade it as I go. But! Oh! No! Again! it has 9spd I don't want that so I'll stick with the Mukluk2 then I say, self do you think Salsa is going to change all their fat bikes next year to 190mm rear hubs and you're going to wish you had one? "most likely" Self do you want grip shift and a lighter bike that already has bigger tires "well yes" then wait for it.

Page 4 of 55 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 ... LastLast