Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Ship date depends on when the tires become available. Apparently the bikes are sitting there waiting right now and as soon as the tires arrive they will be installed and the bikes will ship. I'm hoping for early October but sometime mid month looks more likely.

mtbr member
    What's the thing on the bottom of the left hand fork leg in the last picture?

Tim

MaverickMotoMedia.com
    either the brake or the quick release skewer. I don't see anything else there.
    Maverick Moto Media Motorcycles, Mountain Biking & Social Media Mgt
    Facebook Twitter Instagram

mtbr member
    Now that I have my fatboy on order, I can't wait for it to arrive, the days are dragging by...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mcnally78 View Post
    I have one of the nicer models on order...
    Quote Originally Posted by wetpaint View Post
    Now that I have my fatboy on order...
    Curious how your dealer handled "ordering" these? I was told today by a pretty good Specialized shop that there isn't a price or release date yet and it is not even fully up on whatever computer system they use?

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    According to the purchaser for one of the largest Specialized dealers in the southeastern United States:

2014 Fatboy (base model). MSRP is $1999.99. Sizes are S, M, L, and XL. Two color options - either black/gold or green. Available sometime in December.

2014 Fatboy Expert. MSRP is $2599.99. Sizes are S, M, L and XL. Only color is black/flo-red. Available sometime in December.

Both Fatboy bikes will be produced in a very limited quantity.

The shop needs to place their orders by the end of September for the Fatboy bikes.
    Last edited by Mister Spock; 08-21-2013 at 07:02 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CJones View Post
    Curious how your dealer handled "ordering" these? I was told today by a pretty good Specialized shop that there isn't a price or release date yet and it is not even fully up on whatever computer system they use?
    My shop is one of the top 25 Specialized shops, they had quite a few of each version ordered, I just reserved one that is coming.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Both bikes feature the same frame, fork, rims, hubs, tires, tubes, and shifters.*********************l/ii6iY[/img]I like both of them.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by wetpaint View Post
    My shop is one of the top 25 Specialized shops, they had quite a few of each version ordered, I just reserved one that is coming.
    Thanks! I called a different more high-end dealer and got a different response. This dealer is doing pre-orders.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigantic View Post
    either the brake or the quick release skewer. I don't see anything else there.
    You're right. What I took for 2 bolts seems to be the qr pivot and a reflection.

Thanks Tim

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Just curious is there normally differences in MSRP between different regions of the US? I've heard 1899 and 1999 for the Fatboy Base? Just seems odd to me. Looking at the images on the Fatboy thread, I'm wondering if there is any reason why we don't see 2Bliss on tires? I can't think of a reason why I couldn't run tubless, but I thought I'd ask here since I'm not totally sure.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by trailblazer29er View Post
    Just curious, are there normally differences in MSRP between different regions of the US? I've heard $1899 and $1999 for the Fatboy Base? Just seems odd to me.
    According to the purchaser for one of the largest Specialized dealers in the southeastern United States:

2014 Fatboy (base model). MSRP is $1999.99. Sizes are S, M, L, and XL. Two color options - either black/gold or green. Available sometime in December.

2014 Fatboy Expert. MSRP is $2599.99. Sizes are S, M, L and XL. Only color is black/flo-red. Available sometime in December.

Both Fatboy bikes will be produced in a very limited quantity.

The shop needs to place their orders by the end of September for the Fatboy bikes.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    It's not regional. There is MSRP and there is MAP. Some of us do a more significant volume than others so we choose to go lower.

Quote Originally Posted by trailblazer29er View Post
    Just curious is there normally differences in MSRP between different regions of the US? I've heard 1899 and 1999 for the Fatboy Base? Just seems odd to me. Looking at the images on the Fatboy thread, I'm wondering if there is any reason why we don't see 2Bliss on tires? I can't think of a reason why I couldn't run tubless, but I thought I'd ask here since I'm not totally sure.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I got a heads up on Wednesday that these may be able to start shipping by mid September. Couldn't get a confirmation on it but that was the wink wink nudge nudge...

mtbr member
    That would be awesome if they can start shipping them earlier. I already sold my Mukluk, now I'm without a fat bike for now.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    OK folks, help me out with a decision,, right now I have a pug necro, 2x9 set up.. a salsa enabler fork up front. lx shifters and bb7 brakes... fat sheba's right now with larry and endomorph,, got a few spares, a spare set of large marges and a set of big fat larry's will fit on front.. not quite sure about back...

now the decision. how much more of an upgrade, improvement, etc.. do you see, if I go or the FATBOY expert... I know that bike is unproven, but considering on being a test bunny.. any thoughts.... and if you are playing,, please just keep it between these two bikes, one that I have, and the one that I am considering...

thanks..

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by twright205 View Post
    now the decision. how much more of an upgrade, improvement, etc.. do you see, if I go or the FATBOY expert...
    About 2.8?
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Has anyone heard any updates to ship dates? i have one pre-ordered and am very excited.

i see they have updated the web site with the new bikes.

Specialized Bicycle Components

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tadraper View Post
    Has anyone heard any updates to ship dates?Specialized Bicycle Components
    Spoke to a dealer yesterday that said early December...

Spoke to a dealer yesterday that said early December...
    Yup... still waiting on tires.

I thought the big guys getting into the game were supposed to solve that {Surly} Issue!!!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by duggus View Post
    I thought the big guys getting into the game were supposed to solve that {Surly} Issue!!!!
    Nope - I heard they were supposed to bring ultralight high-performance $50 fatbike tires to the people!~
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

A God Without A Name
    Looking at all the thingies (fat bikes, steel tri-cross disc steel commuters in general) I can't help but feel like Spesh has Surly in their cross-hairs.)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by duggus View Post
    Yup... still waiting on tires.

In asking around about this bike, I was also told that there is currently only one machine overseas (owned by Surly) that can make full fat tires. Even tires that are not Surly are still made by Surly's machine. Can this be true? In this day and age, how hard can it be to make a fat tire? I know it has been rumored that Specialized got their own machine to make the fat Ground Control.

mtbr member
    In asking around about this bike, I was also told that there is currently only one machine overseas (owned by Surly) that can make full fat tires. Even tires that are not Surly are still made by Surly's machine. Can this be true? In this day and age, how hard can it be to make a fat tire? I know it has been rumored that Specialized got their own machine to make the fat Ground Control.
    That is the story that i heard but i heard that Specialized purchased the machine moved it to a building they have and were getting workers up to speed to make the tires. this had something to do with Surly not wanting them to make the tires for specialized. now this is all i have heard and have no real knowledge.

all i know is i want the bikes to ship so we can have them!!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    As far as timing, dealer is telling me sometime in Oct for first shipment. My guess on tires is that they are done. My only reason for saying that is they have finally posted the Fatboy on the website. So ramping up production of tires, assembly and shipping. My gut says four to six weeks out. However we get them when we get the.

Anyone else catch the tire size change? Original was 4.8, now spec sheet is 4.6.

Sent from my RM-878_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 ... LastLast