Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Soft Tail Fat Bike?

2K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  mangoman 
#1 ·
I saw a fat tire bike with suspension fork and soft tail in the rear with 1"-1.5" of travel a year or so back and I've been trying to track it down online this AM with no luck. Does anyone know of something like that or am I losing my mind?...:eekster:;)

#7 · (Edited)
No - I just wanted to share it with a friend who was pondering a new custom bike.

My Pugsley serves me well. I need to strip the frame bare so I can remove the rust and re-powdercoat it. It may need some new bearings or it may not....we'll see how everything internally is holding up. It's my most abused bike!...:eekster::nono:;):thumbsup:

Other than spooning on some new Larry's, swapping in a Jones H-Loop bar for a Titec H-bar and fixing anything that looks gnarly when I strip the bike the build won't change. Why mess with success?...:D

#12 ·
Good thoughts and pics, Vik.

And from a former Pugs owner, may I offer that Symmetrical Ti' Fat is where it's at? ;)
I haven't felt the urge to upgrade my Pugs yet. That's not to say other fat bikes don't rock, but so far I haven't felt like the Pug is holding me back and I've done rides I wouldn't have thought were possible before....:D

I'll all for sweet tech, but I also feel like at some point I should just shut up and ride the bikes I have - you know?...:p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.