mtbr member
    Feb 2004

So who here has broken a Chinese carbon fatbike frame???

** THIS IS NOT A BASH CHINESE CARBON FRAME THREAD***

I'm an interested buyer looking for honest input on how these frames are holding up.

If you broke one, what were you doing when it broke? Hucking 30' road gaps or JRA??

Also can you share what model did you break? And how the warranty was handled (if there was a warranty).

Looking to order one of these frames and have narrowed it down but would like to get a feel for any brand/model to avoid, if there is such a thing.

Again, this is NOT a bash thread so let's keep it on topic please
    Last edited by TomFL; 02-03-2016 at 02:11 PM.
    Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience every time.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Giant China carbon thread and you are in Florida so it might be impossible to break a bike there!

Formerly of Kent
    Quote Originally Posted by jonshonda View Post
    Giant China carbon thread and you are in Florida so it might be impossible to break a bike there!
    Be careful, there are plenty of people who recommend/"need" 140mm+ bikes for the super gnar in FL.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Death from Below.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Already broken two, thank you. But they were from a reputable US company (china produced, no doubt) and were replaced under warranty in a flash.

If anyone has some input I'm all ears. Not trying to start a flame war here, just looking for honest input before a purchase.
    Last edited by TomFL; 02-02-2016 at 03:58 PM.
    Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience every time.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I took a dremel to mine. Long story.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Negotiator50 View Post
    I took a dremel to mine. Long story.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    I took a hacksaw to one of mine. But it was already toast. Still had a sick feeling in my stomach.

mtbr member
    Use one of your other 2 threads or the existing Chinese carbon threads.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Swerny View Post
    Yes.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Why?

I'm not looking for info specifically on China FS frames.

I'm not looking for info specifically on internal routing.

The existing Chinese carbon thread has a ton of information on all topics from sizing to cable routing to wheel sizes to purveyors.

All I want is breakage info which is what one would start a thread for, correct?

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by tfinator View Post
    Yes.
    This.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Edited for lack of content...read on
    Last edited by TomFL; 02-03-2016 at 02:01 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TomFL View Post
    Swerny, thanks for the reputation points. I'm wondering... how is this redundant?

Can you show me another thread that is limited to broken chinese carbon frames or are you just looking to stir the pot?
    Right back at you, thanks for the tit for tat reply.

All 3 of your threads in the past week are redundant to be honest. This one and these:

Chinese Carbon Fatty Full Suspension Frames??
    Do any of these China fatbike frames have internal cable/brake hose routing?

should/could have been asked in the existing "Chinese Carbon Thread" here:

Chinese Carbon fatty

I guess you agree since you manged to post the same question from this redundant thread in that one Post #3574 to be exact.

You will also see from that thread that Flawless Cowboy is talking about his broken Chinese carbon frame and even included pictures.

So...right back to you TomFL....what's the point/need for this thread?

Yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by paxfobiscum View Post
    This.
    It would appear these other posters agree with me.
    Mike
    Toronto, Canada
    2017 Trek Farley 9.6 with Lauf
    2017 Diamondback Haanjo Trail Carbon
    2016 Scott Solace 10 Disc

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Swerny, what I started are three threads. Each with a specific title because I'm looking for specific information. If it helps someone down the road searching JUST for breakage info, or for JUST internal routing, great. Isn't that what the forum really should be about, information on bikes?

To clarify, I am in the market for one, possibly two bike frames.

1) A FS carbon fatty for me. From a Chinese seller.

2) A rigid Carbon Fatty frame/fork for my wife. From a Chinese seller. With internal cable routing.

I already have a fatbike from a reputable US seller. I'm happy with it. I've broken it twice with surprisingly uneventful use but I am overwhelmingly pleased with the warranty and moreso with the company. I would not hesitate to purchase another frame from them nor would I hesitate to recommend them to anyone looking to purchase a bike.

However, I want to try something new for me (FS carbon fatty frame) and my wife doesn't ride enough to warrant spending $2,500 on a rigid fatbike frame purchase. That's right from her. So I'm shopping Chinese frames for 1/5 the cost.

Judging by my limited experience with Chinese carbon fatbike frames (I have two buddies with them, one is an Ican and I'm not sure what the other is) I see positive things.

I am looking for input from knowledgeable owners with first hand info so I came to the forum.
    Last edited by TomFL; 02-03-2016 at 02:03 PM.

mtbr member
    Regardless, IMHO it could/should have been posted in the existing threads.

Some of what you asked had already been covered off (internal routing & FS Chinese carbon frames).

It's a lot easier to find related info in the main thread than starting new ones and having info spread everywhere.

I want to read about breakage and warranty issues in the MAIN THREADS so that if I'm considering one of the bikes in question, I get the FULL picture.

If I'm considering a SNO1 or FM190 (and I have read the main thread several times despite not owning one) I want to know about the outcome of claims, ride reports etc.

Not find out after the fact (after buying one) that in your separate thread was a horror story of the frame snapping and the seller not honoring the warranty.

p.s. I was considering a CC frame until the Canadian Dollar/peso tanked)
    Mike
    Toronto, Canada

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Swerny, in my defense there are 144 pages of info in the thread you reference. Lots of good info in it, but one post is about the frame itself, the next post is about hub width and the next post is about BB spacing and chainline. It's all over the place.

It's impossible for people to pick out specifics on frame breakage.

That's a lot of reading. Personally I don't have time to read all that. Heck I'd fall asleep or even forget what I was researching by the time I get to page 7 or 8. Maybe I've got ADD...

If one did a search on CC frame breakage, my thread would turn up and (hopefully) be only a few pages, specifically with breakage info and manufacturers. And better yet, if/how the issues were resolved.

I have a unique interest in these frames as I have a buddy who travels to Shenzhen and the region weekly as a freight pilot and has a 1-2 day layover at times. He's going to see if he can go directly to Ican or the others and purchase a frame, toss it in the cargo hold and head home. He offered to grab one for me as well if I was interested, which I am.

I just don't want to wind up having him go through that if one brand had a bad rap.
    Last edited by TomFL; 02-03-2016 at 02:04 PM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Swerny, in my defense there are 144 pages of info in the thread you reference. Lots of good info in it, but one post is about the frame itself, the next post is about hub width and the next post is about BB spacing and chainline.

It's impossible for people to pick out specifics on frame breakage.

That's a lot of reading. Personally I don't have time to read all that. Heck I'd fall asleep or even forget what I was researching by the time I get to page 7 or 8. Maybe I've got ADD...

If one did a search on CC frame breakage, my thread would turn up and (hopefully) be only a few pages, specifically with breakage info and manufacturers. And better yet, if/how the issues were resolved.

I have a unique interest in these frames as I have a buddy who travels to Shenzhen and the region weekly as a freight pilot and has a 1-2 day layover at times. He's going to see if he can go directly to Ican or the others and purchase a frame, toss it in the cargo hold and head home. He offered to grab one for me as well if I was interested, which I am.

I just don't want to wind up having him go through that if one brand had a bad rap.
    I disagree with everything you say based on the premise that you ARE snowed in and you DON'T have anything better to do, when in fact you claim otherwise.

Post pics of snow covered bikes or a pox on your threads.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I disagree with everything you say based on the premise that you ARE snowed in and you DON'T have anything better to do, when in fact you claim otherwise.

Post pics of snow covered bikes or a pox on your threads.
    I've got a better chance of JO'ing a bobcat with a fistful of thorns than getting snowed in down here in S FL...

Unfortunately, I would have been in the GA/TN mountains last week for my first fatbike snow ride had I not broken my fatty frame....

Maybe I can take some pics of bikini clad chicks on the beach during tomorrow's road ride along the coast? Will that get me non-pox status?

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I've got a better chance of JO'ing a bobcat with a fistful of thorns than getting snowed in down here in S FL...

Unfortunately, I would have been in the GA/TN mountains last week for my first fatbike snow ride had I not broken my fatty frame....

Maybe I can take some pics of bikini clad chicks on the beach during tomorrow's road ride along the coast? Will that get me non-pox status?
    You haven't surmounted the "nothing better to do"

Anchorage, AK
    i hate everyone in this thread for actually making me want to read this thread. no shit..
    two wheel livin'..

Fat & Single
    Quote Originally Posted by anortherncrazy View Post
    i hate everyone in this thread for actually making me want to read this thread. no shit..
    Spot on ! First thread I have read here in a long time and a stark reminder... why I have not come here in a long time. Bye again
    Evil Following
    Trek 9.9 Superfly SL
    IndyFab Deluxe 29
    FM190 Fatty
    Pivot Vault CX
    Cervelo R3 Disc

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzybmx View Post
    Spot on ! First thread I have read here in a long time and a stark reminder... why I have not come here in a long time. Bye again
    Oh come on, we was just playin!

mtbr member
    Hi TomFL, if you use Google and include "MTBR" in the search, along with whatever you are looking for, you often get directed to the correct page(s).

You added bloat to the forum; it's OK, worse things happen.
    2015 Trek Farley 6
    2009 Fuji Cross Comp
    2001 Schwinn Frontier SS

Gimme free stuff
    Fortunately for all of us, including TomFL, this thread will only be a few pages long. It will be a few pages of arguments with nothing accomplished. Bravo.
    Kona Process 134DL
    Ice Cream Truck
    Misfit DiSSent (L) (For Sale)

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Read on
    Last edited by TomFL; 02-03-2016 at 02:05 PM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    How many broken frames?

So far, just one, yours, no one else has posted other than to complain about your thread bloat, so how about closing the thread and moving on?

The "thing" that gets me is when someone starts a thread with a title such as "XXX broken", now the word on the street is that a certain product is breaking, when often it is only the OP that has had this specific problem.

It's like telling someone not to think about pink flying elephants.

In a sense Tom, you have caused more people to reconsider buying a Chinese Carbon Frame, damaging the mfgs and the market for this product, then anyone who comments in your threads.

Good job!

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Edited
    Last edited by TomFL; 02-03-2016 at 02:06 PM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurse Ben View Post
    How many broken frames?

So far, just one, yours, no one else has posted other than to complain about your thread bloat, so how about closing the thread and moving on?

The "thing" that gets me is when someone starts a thread with a title such as "XXX broken", now the word on the street is that a certain product is breaking, when often it is only the OP that has had this specific problem.

It's like telling someone not to think about pink flying elephants.

In a sense Tom, you have caused more people to reconsider buying a Chinese Carbon Frame, damaging the mfgs and the market for this product, then anyone who comments in your threads.

Good job!
    For the record, I had a Chinese carbon frame that developed a crack after one ride. They asked me to cut it frame and send back only the small section with you crack; hence the dremel.

Swerny, thanks for the reputation points. I'm wondering... how is this redundant?

Can you show me another thread that is limited to broken chinese carbon frames or are you just looking to stir the pot?
    You are the one stirring the pot and being a douche. And then give me negative rep and others for calling you out on it. Do a little research and quite making new posts just to start a new post. There is an entire thread already about chinese carbon fatty's and the rest of us have gotten all the info or answers we needed from it.

OK... now go into one of your page long explanations of why you are so stubborn and should in fact read your own signature line.
    ...Be careful what you're looking at because it might be looking back...

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Two...

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    edited
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by TomFL; 02-03-2016 at 02:12 PM.

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Rough crowd. I can see both sides. That Chinese carbon thread is HUGE. There is a lot of info, but it is a little hard to find the info in it. I personally read this thread as I was genuinely curious as to whether anyone would chime in with any issues. Negotiator50 added some good info. Looks like he wasn't the only one? From what I've read otherwise though, the Chinese stuff is usually pretty stout.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by wreckster View Post
    Rough crowd. I can see both sides. That Chinese carbon thread is HUGE. There is a lot of info, but it is a little hard to find the info in it. I personally read this thread as I was genuinely curious as to whether anyone would chime in with any issues. Negotiator50 added some good info. Looks like he wasn't the only one? From what I've read otherwise though, the Chinese stuff is usually pretty stout.
    Yup. I had a bad experience with my original frame. After a bit of a headache getting a replacement, the replacement frame has been rock solid. I can see the argument that one should pay more to ensure better customer service and warranties. I also see the allure of low prices for products that sell for much more locally. Not sure if I would buy a Chinese carbon frame from overseas again because of the warranty headache I went through, but you never know.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by wreckster View Post
    Agreed. So the cliff notes version is that this thread does in fact have a bit of useful info in it, and we're all glad there's not a bunch of reports of broken frames.

I think the bashing is coming from people not reading correctly and thinking my post is out to stir the pot or bash these frames in some way.

They're not comprehending my post where I mention that I broke two frames but that the frames I broke were from a big name US seller - NOT China carbon frames (yeah, I know they're ALL China frames in essence) - and am considering a China carbon purchase if they held up and it does appear now that they do.

If all the bashers would go back and delete the BS this would be a decent thread to have here

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Why not just take the chance and buy a Chinese carbon frame and build it up? For every 1 reply you get in here with someone who's broken one - there are probably 100 people who haven't broken them (again - just look at the Chinese carbon thread). I'd say that's pretty good odds you won't break one. There are people who break every frame...no matter where it's made.
    Fatbikes tho

mtbr member
    Agreed. So the cliff notes version is that this thread does in fact have a bit of useful info in it, and we're all glad there's not a bunch of reports of broken frames.

If all the bashers would go back and delete the BS this would be a decent thread to have here
    Actually no...the only guy with a broken CC frame that we know of (with pictures) didn't even post in this thread, he posted in the main one.

So this thread accomplished nothing.

So, TomFL, you go first. Go delete your thread or your first post and we will all follow suit.
    Mike
    Toronto, Canada

Rippin da fAt
    Nov 2011
    Wow! This thread must have been copied and pasted from OTN... Severely catastrophic tampon failure has occurred!
    Get fAt, Stay fAt, Ride fAt
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    So, TomFL, you go first. Go delete your thread or your first post and we will all follow suit.
    Swerny, I said I'd delete all the BS in the thread and that I've done, hope you and others follow suit and keep the thread pertinent to topic.

I'm not going to delete the thread though as hopefully it will help those in the market IF we just keep it to breakage info. I have edited the first post so hopefully people will understand the reason for the thread.

Thanks for following suit

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by beluga_ciabatta View Post
    Why not just take the chance and buy a Chinese carbon frame and build it up? For every 1 reply you get in here with someone who's broken one - there are probably 100 people who haven't broken them (again - just look at the Chinese carbon thread). I'd say that's pretty good odds you won't break one. There are people who break every frame...no matter where it's made.
    Agreed. On Monday I will see my buddy and find out his schedule for being over there again. If he's not scheduled for a while I will order one early next week after the Chinese new year is over.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by BansheeRune View Post
    Wow! This thread must have been copied and pasted from OTN... Severely catastrophic tampon failure has occurred!
    That should be: severly catastrophic tampon "removal" failure, since not removing soon enough is often as big a problem as not using one to begin with

Three

sluice box
    Are Borealis considered Chinese carbon frames or just designed in Colorado made in China frames?

I know a few of those have broke in the past and I reckon TomFL is selling his warrantee replacement frame now in the classifieds.
    ptarmigan hardcore

Rippin da fAt
    Nov 2011
    That should be: severly catastrophic tampon "removal" failure, since not removing soon enough is often as big a problem as not using one to begin with

Three
    Too many peeps with sand in the works...

The string is a fuse!
    Get fAt, Stay fAt, Ride fAt
    Doctor recommended...

no batteries required
    This thread has reached Toxic Shock Syndrome status.
    Nothing that's worth anything is ever easy - M. Hall

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    The main thread is hard to search due to all off the makes and models of bikes as well as people having their bikes in their signatures. As such, I really don't think that it is a bad idea to have separate threads on separate topics. It really is nice having the FM190 Build Thread alongside the main Chinese Carbon Fatty thread.

Anyways, the seat tube on my large Dengfu FM-190 cracked. Waiting to see what happens.

-Nate

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Flawless Cowboy View Post
    The main thread is hard to search due to all off the makes and models of bikes as well as people having their bikes in their signatures. As such, I really don't think that it is a bad idea to have separate threads on separate topics. It really is nice having the FM190 Build Thread alongside the main Chinese Carbon Fatty thread.

Anyways, the seat tube on my large Dengfu FM-190 cracked. Waiting to see what happens.

-Nate
    Nate thanks for the input. Keep us up to date on the progress please

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    As an update, I heard back from Dengfu last week and a new frame is being sent to me. There were no complications with the warranty claim and responses were prompt once they had resumed operation after their holiday.

-Nate

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    As an update, I heard back from Dengfu last week and a new frame is being sent to me. There were no complications with the warranty claim and responses were prompt once they had resumed operation after their holiday.

-Nate
    Thanks for the update Nate, that's great news for not only you but the entire China frame "movement".

Since my last posting here I did order a frame from ebay seller Carbon-Cycle and it should be in my hands tomorrow. Another one of my buddies also ordered from them and got his 2 days ago.

I see Swerny still has yet to live up to his words.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the update Nate, that's great news for not only you but the entire China frame "movement".

Since my last posting here I did order a frame from ebay seller Carbon-Cycle and it should be in my hands tomorrow. Another one of my buddies also ordered from them and got his 2 days ago.

I see Swerny still has yet to live up to his words.
    I see you still fail at reading comprehension.

I wrote:

you did neither...so I didn't change a thing
    Mike
    Toronto, Canada

mtbr member

-Nate
    glad to hear you are getting a new frame Nate
    Mike
    Toronto, Canada

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I see you still fail at reading comprehension.
    you did neither...so I didn't change a thing
    I deleted all the drama could in an attempt to keep it on topic. The thread has proven to have legitimacy as people are reading, posting and following up in it with good info such as Nate just did.

So it's valid to have here as part of the community. I'm not going to delete it. I did edit and clarify my opening post as well.

Try toning it down a notch or two from attack mode. Like maybe go for a ride then post or something.

mtbr member
    I deleted all the drama could in an attempt to keep it on topic. The thread has proven to have legitimacy as people are reading, posting and following up in it with good info such as Nate just did.

So it's valid to have here as part of the community. I'm not going to delete it. I did edit and clarify my opening post as well.

Try toning it down a notch or two from attack mode. Like maybe go for a ride then post or something.
    Tone it down? Who brought this crap back up 3 weeks later?

And besides, Nate posted his update in all 3 threads. So again..this thread is R.E.D.U.N.D.A.N.T.
    Mike
    Toronto, Canada

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    [QUOTE=Swerny;12504867]
    And besides, Nate posted his update in all 3 threads. So again..this thread is R.E.D.U.N.D.A.N.T.[/QUOTE

Yes, I see that he did post in the main CCFB thread as well. It's very easy to find if you read everything through page 145, and look at post #3,603, so your thoughts of it being redundant and there not being a need for a thread specifically dealing with Chinese carbon fat bike frame breakage is valid.

I suppose your point of view will have even more legitimacy as that thread evolves even more and gets to 10,000 posts. Each one off on a different tangent like chainline, BB spacing, crank choice, internal routing, delivery time, colors, geometry, seatpost size, hub spacing..... I mean, why not read through 10,000 posts to find 3 or 4 that deal with what you're interested in, right?

mtbr member
    I'm going to quote your signature and end my involvement in this thread.

"Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience every time."

You're obviously an expert on the topic
    Mike
    Toronto, Canada

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I'm going to quote your signature and end my involvement in this thread.

"Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience every time."

You're obviously an expert on the topic
    Swerny, you and your well thought out, pertinent and informative posts will be missed. I'm sorry to see you go.

I noticed the weather in Toronto today... BRRRRR!!! Now I see why you're so darned grumpy all....the....time.

Here's a pic for you of where I rode my bike today. No joke. Lots of girls in bikinis. Weather was 76 degrees and sunny. I hope this brightens your day while you sit inside, watching it snow and scrolling through 145 pages (3,600+ Posts!!!) in your favorite thread looking for that one tidbit of pertinet info.

So who here has broken a Chinese carbon fatbike frame???-juno-beach-florida.jpg

mtbr member
    Swerny, you and your well thought out, pertinent and informative posts will be missed. I'm sorry to see you go.

I noticed the weather in Toronto today... BRRRRR!!! Now I see why you're so darned grumpy all....the....time.

Here's a pic for you of where I rode my bike today. No joke. Lots of girls in bikinis. Weather was 76 degrees and sunny. I hope this brightens your day while you sit inside, watching it snow and scrolling through 145 pages (3,600+ Posts!!!) in your favorite thread looking for that one tidbit of pertinet info.
    Right, the 10+ cm of fresh snow we just got just extended fat bike snow and ski season for us.

Meanwhile, i saw photos of you on your ride this morning Tom...looking good...I guess this replaced your broken Borealis?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Mike
    Toronto, Canada

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Right, the 10+ cm of fresh snow we just got just extended fat bike snow and ski season for us.

Meanwhile, i saw photos of you on your ride this morning Tom...looking good...I guess this replaced your broken Borealis?
    Oh don't you lose one wink of sleep over one broken bike frame Swerny..

So who here has broken a Chinese carbon fatbike frame???-1.jpg

So who here has broken a Chinese carbon fatbike frame???-2.jpg

Chinese carbon fatty frame will be here tomorrow to add to the quiver. Should be a good comparo to the other fatbikes...

mtbr member
    Oh don't you lose one wink of sleep over one broken bike frame Swerny..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	267.6 KB 
ID:	1053899

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	229.0 KB 
ID:	1053900

Chinese carbon fatty frame will be here tomorrow to add to the quiver. Should be a good comparo to the other fatbikes...
    Spoken like a typical Richie Rich d-bag.

It all makes perfect sense now.
    Mike
    Toronto, Canada

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Spoken like a typical Richie Rich d-bag.

It all makes perfect sense now.
    You don't have bikes like that? That's odd... I'm in the same line of business as you. Huh...go figure.

And you're the one with the attitude...!

Do yourself a favor. Try riding your bike more and enjoying the good stuff life has to offer and not bashing at every opportunity. There is a better way.

mtbr member
    You don't have bikes like that? That's odd... I'm in the same line of business as you. Huh...go figure.

And you're the one with the attitude...!

Do yourself a favor. Try riding your bike more and enjoying the good stuff life has to offer and not bashing at every opportunity. There is a better way.
    I save my negativity for your redundant threads Tom..what can i say?

And I ride plenty thanks, you should get back to polishing your stable of bikes...no doubt they all get used on regular basis.

Mike
    Toronto, Canada

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I save my negativity for your redundant threads Tom..what can i say?

And I ride plenty thanks, you should get back to polishing your stable of bikes...no doubt they all get used on regular basis.

Let's recap what we know about you...

-You've trolled this thread from the start in a ridiculously childish way and have offered ZERO positive input. Why?

-Said if I remove my BS from the thread you'd remove yours. I did. Were you a man of your word???

-You said you were done with this thread many posts ago, but you're still here (again, I admire your commitment to your word).

-I'm in the same industry as you.

-You called me out thinking I had only one bike and it was broken but I posted pics showing otherwise, so you get madder.

- When that one backfired you are now going off on the "I ride my bike more than you" angle....

- It's 15 degrees below zero at your house right now and 75 at mine. Does this answer the above question or do we need to start getting specific... because I can assure you that you're really not going to like where this one's going if you push it.

-You frequent the forum 3x more than I do and you're mad that I somehow I've figured out a way to not only have bikes, but enjoy them on a daily basis.

- You're an angry dwarf (OK this one I might have embellished on a bit but it's my best guess).

Go. Ride. Your. Bike.

Or get back to work so you can buy another bike.

Or spend less time trolling the forum!!

Someone needs to go back to the drawing board.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Tom, please stop feeding this thread, it is not a positive contribution to the forum.

If you must continue, please take it off the forum, emails, phone calls, personal visits, whatever it takes.

I'd personally appreciate it if you closed the thread.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Nurse Ben again.
    Fatbikes tho

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Tom, please stop feeding this thread, it is not a positive contribution to the forum.

If you must continue, please take it off the forum, emails, phone calls, personal visits, whatever it takes.

I'd personally appreciate it if you closed the thread.
    Sorry, not gonna close it. It has pertinent info.

Get your buddy Swerny to remove his trash and all my stuff comes down.

We tried that once and I lived up to my end of the bargain yet all his BS is still here for all to see. I understand that because I don't frequent the forum you and Beluga and others are going to be forum buddies and stick together as is shown here clearly. His ass is bleeding so he sends you guys.

He's your buddy, maybe you can persuade him.

Thread stays. It's up to you guys what stays in it.

mtbr member
    Let's recap what we know about you...

-You've trolled this thread from the start in a ridiculously childish way and have offered ZERO positive input. Why?
    this has been covered, I (and others) felt it should be in the existing thread.

-Said if I remove my BS from the thread you'd remove yours. I did. Were you a man of your word???
    There's your lack of reading comprehension again. Go back and read what i wrote.

I said DELETE your thread or first post...you did neither.

-You said you were done with this thread many posts ago, but you're still here (again, I admire your commitment to your word).
    I keep being brought up. As evidenced by you restarting this after a 3 week hiatus.

-I'm in the same industry as you.
    Who cares?

-You called me out thinking I had only one bike and it was broken but I posted pics showing otherwise, so you get madder.
    I made a joke about riding a bike by the beach in response to your beach ride, chicks in bikinis comments

- When that one backfired you are now going off on the "I ride my bike more than you" angle....
    Backfired?

Again, go back and read what I wrote...I said "i ride plenty thanks" in response to you telling me to go ride my bike.

- It's 15 degrees below zero at your house right now and 75 at mine. Does this answer the above question or do we need to start getting specific... because I can assure you that you're really not going to like where this one's going if you push it.
    Again what? Push what exactly? I explained we received 10 cm of snow thus extending our snow riding season.

-You frequent the forum 3x more than I do and you're mad that I somehow I've figured out a way to not only have bikes, but enjoy them on a daily basis.
    Congrats...you have more bikes than me....you win at the internet.

You must be a professional cyclist to be able to have enough time to ride all those bikes....or they are garage queens.

- You're an angry dwarf (OK this one I might have embellished on a bit but it's my best guess).
    I checked out your Borealis for sale...it's too small for me...so who's the dwarf?

Go. Ride. Your. Bike.
    I plan to.

Or get back to work so you can buy another bike.
    Work is done for the day....I have all the bikes i need thanks.

Or spend less time trolling the forum!!
    Again, who resurrected this after 3 weeks?

Someone needs to go back to the drawing board.
    Good call, let me know how that works out for you. [/QUOTE]
    Mike
    Toronto, Canada

mtbr member
    Sorry, not gonna close it. It has pertinent info.

Get your buddy Swerny to remove his trash and all my stuff comes down.

We tried that once and I lived up to my end of the bargain yet all his BS is still here for all to see. I understand that because I don't frequent the forum you and Beluga and others are going to be forum buddies and stick together as is shown here clearly. His ass is bleeding so he sends you guys.

He's your buddy, maybe you can persuade him.

Thread stays. It's up to you guys what stays in it.
    this is just LOL.

You found us out, we are a rogue, internet bike gang that gangs up on people who post stupid threads.

Mike
    Toronto, Canada

Loves moped riders
    Aug 2013
    I mean, why not read through 10,000 posts to find 3 or 4 that deal with what you're interested in, right?
    You could always learn how to use Google.

Backs slowly through the door he came in through...

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    My iCan SN01 lasted 3 months. Built in December, broken in March. Trying to contact iCan, but no reply yet. Great while it lasted. Cracked where the bottom of the seat post ended.

So who here has broken a Chinese carbon fatbike frame???-img_5336.jpgSo who here has broken a Chinese carbon fatbike frame???-img_5338.jpgSo who here has broken a Chinese carbon fatbike frame???-img_5339.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Rovershack View Post
    My iCan SN01 lasted 3 months. Built in December, broken in March. Trying to contact iCan, but no reply yet. Great while it lasted. Cracked where the bottom of the seat post ended.

Name:	IMG_5336.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	175.2 KB 
ID:	1065757Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5338.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	217.6 KB 
ID:	1065758Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5339.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	196.9 KB 
ID:	1065759
    FYI, this is mostly a garbage thread. You may want to post in the 'Chinese carbon fatty' thread. There's many more people on there who could have useful input for you.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Rovershack View Post

Name:	IMG_5336.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	175.2 KB 
ID:	1065757Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5338.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	217.6 KB 
ID:	1065758Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5339.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	196.9 KB 
ID:	1065759
    Yikes, shame to see that. Keep us posted here with the outcome if you are able to resolve with the seller.