Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Sep 2009

santa monica mtns fatbiking

mtbr member
    Feb 2012

... and if we just ... Fatbike race at Lake Hodges, San Diego on Sunday, Sept 16th (?)

Hi everyone,

I'm planning to ride in the Giro di San Diego Mountain Bike Fondo on my Surly Black Ops Pugsley, and I thought it would be fun to ride with some other fatties!

The route is about 30 miles long, but not that much elevation - it's Lake Hodges! - oh yeah, there's Raptors Ridge....but that's a blast coming down!

The race is on Sunday, September 16th, and you can find the route and all details by googling:

Giro di San Diego Mountain Bike Fondo

(sorry, my post count is not high enough to include the actual link...)

Besides a fun ride, there's a feast at the end with beer, and the proceeds go to help foster children...it's gonna be a great day.

Hope to see you fatbikers out on the trails,
    Phat Drew

Compulsive Bike Builder
    Drewd,

I cannot make that date due to prior commitments, but here is the link

News

I was thinking of doing the Rat Tour, it runs along the beach and you could hop off the trail and do some surf biking (surf bike is my own term I think but you get the idea).

Welcome to RAT Beach Bike Tour 2012

I like the idea of all of us getting together in So Cal with our Fat Bikes at an event, lets keep this thread going and see what we can work out!
    Disclaimer: ComCycle USA

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepgear View Post
    I would drive down for this. Anyone riding in North County. I have been blazing trails out of San Elijo Hills for the past month. On my Moonlander.

Justin

Elfin Forest Recreational Reserve
    I've been following you on the other site, awesome stuff, hope you don't mind me sharing... too good not to, really.

Me and the Moonlander! - Page 34 - Expedition Portal

mtbr member

Giro on the Radar Screen

I'm also contemplating the Giro Di San Diego on my Mukluk. Working on some other friends for the ride and I'm not committed yet. I'll know what's up after this weekend.

Giro di San Diego Granfondo ? Mountain Bike Fondo

mtbr member
    Feb 2012

Fatbikes attending Giro di San Diego - Sunday, September 16th

Thanks for the replies, DirtDad and Devine Intervention, and hopefully others will hear about this event, too, and want to attend.

And if anyone is on the fence about this, another reason to support the Giro is that the mountain bike race is being organized by Coach Richard, of the San Diego Meet-Up MTB group.

Coach Richard has been very generous with his time and energy in support of the San Diego MTB community, so attending and/or volunteering for the event is one way to show appreciation for those efforts..

So right now, the list of confirmed Fatbikes is as follows.

1. Phat Drew - 2012 Surly Pugsley Black Ops

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    I think i'll do the rat tour on my fsb.....

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Hey anyone want to meet up for a group ride? I want to see a fat bike in person and maybe even a test ride. I am thinking of buying a Mukluk but would like to ride a fat bike before I go build one up.
    I ride around San Diego and Temecula.

mtbr member
    U tried to connect with Drew at a Meetup last week, but we didn't cross paths. Ill let you know when i plan to hit the next one.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Feb 2012

Sorry about that, Devine Intervention!

Devine Intervention: Sorry about missing that Meet-Up ride, I tweaked my leg the day before on a 40 mile ride (or maybe it was it when I wrecked on the gravel road down to the dam at Lake Hodges?), and I was struggling to walk normally...so riding was not an option that day.

Moving forward, I normally ride in San Diego Tues and Thurs nights, and on Saturday and/or Sunday mornings. Anyone who wants to check out / try out my 18" Surly Pugsley Black Ops (necromancer), just let me know.

Lastly, I'll be at the Giro Di Fondo Mountain Bike Race at Lake Hodges on next Sunday, September 16th, too - the race starts at 9am, I believe.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Jay Uno: Let me know if you want to check out my 18" Pugs Black Ops, per my note above.

Drew

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    When is the next time you'll be at Hodges?

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Jay: I'll be at Lake Hodges on this Sunday, September 16th for the Giro di San Diego. It starts at 9am at Del Dios Park, if you want to meet there around 8am or so.

PM me and we can exchange contact info - I can't send you a PM due to low post count...

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    pm sent

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Please send me your email address in a PM, and I'll respond via email - I can't reply to your PM because my post count is too low

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Hi Dirt Dad
    Wondering if you are still doing beach rides in the OC area. I've done a few beach rides in the area on my pug. Let me know if you are interested in doing a ride.
    JRB

mtbr member
    Aug 2010

Fat ride Saturday

I ride my Pugs at Fullerton Loop once and a while. I'm going to ride it at Bonelli Park before the Cross racing this Saturday at 9am. Post up if any of you local riders would like to join?? Bonelli is in San Dimas where Raging waters is located.

mtbr member

Maybe Spam...

I ride a half fat 29er her in SD and just love it.. I am almost up to full speed on all my favorite trails - and am working on keeping up with the Full suspension folks. (they still outpace me on the long bumpy straight parts of the trail. I ride mostly early AM 4:30 to 7:30 (due to the fact that I have 2 young kids) Mission trials and sweetwater/ Rancho San Diego area.

I have a SC heckler Frame shock, BB and Cranks (2004) that I would love to trade for a pugs frame. I do not need a fork - I just dig getting the full fat groove on.

Thought I would ask the locals first.
    My bike is heavier than yours - it does not have Carbon or Titanium parts - I love it!

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I am getting into Fatbikes going to purchase a salsa Mukluk if anybody comes up to Mammoth Lakes bring your bike and lets ride snow, pumus

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I am selling my wife's 2012 Mukluk3. It is small with only 4 rides on it. Contact me if you are interested.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012

For sale

Quote Originally Posted by paulmaag View Post
    I am selling my wife's 2012 Mukluk3. It is small with only 4 rides on it. Contact me if you are interested.
    Your in Palm Springs? And what is your price?

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Hi Antval123
    This post is a bit late, I planned to attend a ride in Lucerne Valley called Ride in the Rocks. There were 4 other fat bikes on the ride and the bikes worked great especially in the sandy stretches. If you want to do an event ride with your fat bike, this ride should be high on the list. The 22 mile loop was lots of fun, itís a mix of single-track, double track, narrow washes, sand and fun descending.
    After this ride I drove past Barstow to scope out Afton canyon. I did a leisurely
    20 mile ride starting right off the freeway going into the canyon and returning the same way.
    Any fat bike riders in Southern California interested in desert and or beach rides, let me know. I'n in southern orange county
    JRB

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by mtntraveler View Post
    Hi Antval123
    This post is a bit late, I planned to attend a ride in Lucerne Valley called Ride in the Rocks. There were 4 other fat bikes on the ride and the bikes worked great especially in the sandy stretches. If you want to do an event ride with your fat bike, this ride should be high on the list. The 22 mile loop was lots of fun, itís a mix of single-track, double track, narrow washes, sand and fun descending.
    After this ride I drove past Barstow to scope out Afton canyon. I did a leisurely
    20 mile ride starting right off the freeway going into the canyon and returning the same way.
    Any fat bike riders in Southern California interested in desert and or beach rides, let me know. I'n in southern orange county
    JRB
    mtntraveler,
    That ride sounds great!

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    mtntraveler, I was one of the Fatty's in LV. I was on the Mukluk. How was Afton Canyon on the Fatty? PM me and we can get something going up here sometime. We have some great riding up here.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I just got a mukluk. I'd love to get a group of chubby chasers together and ride. I'm in Orange County.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast