Thread: Smoove...

mtbr member

Smoove...

...P

I use this technique for a couple reasons...

Many people, nearly half (Wauters, 2010), only read a title/headline before making-up their mind about something.

Ergo, by putting minimal information in the title, I potentially get...
    1-more views
    2-less prejudiced opinions

Resources
    Wauters, Robin. (Jan. 19, 2010). Report: 44% Of Google News Visitors Scan Headlines, Don't Click Through. TechCrunch. Retrieved from Report: 44% Of Google News Visitors Scan Headlines, Don't Click Through | TechCrunch

If Huffy made an airplane, would you fly in it?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by damnitman View Post
    ...P

I use this technique for a couple reasons...

Many people, nearly half (Wauters, 2010), only read a title/headline before making-up their mind about something.

Ergo, by putting minimal information in the title, I potentially get...
    1-more views
    2-less prejudiced opinions

Resources
    Wauters, Robin. (Jan. 19, 2010). Report: 44% Of Google News Visitors Scan Headlines, Don't Click Through. TechCrunch. Retrieved from Report: 44% Of Google News Visitors Scan Headlines, Don't Click Through | TechCrunch

3-more thread jackers?
    As little bike as possible, as silent as possible.
    Latitude: 57š36' Highlands, Scotland

All fat, all the time.
    I didn't click the link above....what was it about? Hopefully rigid vs suspension on fat bikes.
    The more you ride, the easier it gets........
    the easier it gets, the more you ride.
    vicious circle

mtbr member
    I donīt see google news and a bike forum as equal.
    We discuss problems, answer questions, compare things and stuff, so a short but informative headline is very useful to all these scopes.

After reading the head I decide if I can help at all , have similar questions and so on.

If you always need to open the threads to get the info whatīs it about, you soon would get annoyed about. This would cause a negative effect in the end.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    The link was self explanatory...so why click on it.

Did anyway. Learned nothing new.

Before the internet, that is how I 'read' the newspaper, so why should not the same habits carry over?

Increasingly use the same here as there are a lot of subject repeats. Also depends upon who I see started the thread or who has responded. But when my knowledge was at the starting point, read every one.

Damnitman always seems to suck me in tho.

Hummmm...

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Hi, this is Smoove's assistant, Bambi.
    He made me read this thread to him for reasons I don't don't comprehend, or care to. He mumbled some crap about preserving his journalistic integrity.

He told me to tell you that he is very honored to have a thread addressed directly to him, and he appreciates the hundreds of PMs he's received in support of this issue. While he appreciates Damnit's well-researched rationale for using this technique, he feels he must take a stand in the name of those trying to reduce the number of clicks in their web browsing experience.

Can I go now?

gone walk about
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark View Post
    I didn't click the link above....what was it about? Hopefully rigid vs suspension on fat bikes.
    there's already plenty of that to go about complete with thread jackers in tow.

mtbr member
    I was going to try to jack this thread. Then I realized I only have a few posts and 2 weeks experience on a fattie which would reduce the likelihood of anyone responding to my attempt to threadjack. So in the end I settled with this post about nothing in a thread about nothing; it must be an existential thread?? I think I just hurt my brain.