mtbr member
    Sep 2009

Show me your snowmobile bike racks!

I recently relocated to Northern MI, and I just bought a snowmobile (Skidoo Tundra 300) for this winter. It's a powder sled and perfect for grooming the fatbike trails here in Marquette. I'd like to put my fatbike on it - who has made a fatrack for their sled? Please post pics!

This place needs an enema
    Quote Originally Posted by noish View Post
    I recently relocated to Northern MI, and I just bought a snowmobile (Skidoo Tundra 300) for this winter. It's a powder sled and perfect for grooming the fatbike trails here in Marquette. I'd like to put my fatbike on it - who has made a fatrack for their sled? Please post pics!
    Congrats on the move--you're a long way from Kansas (or SoCal)!

No experience with transporting a bike via sled, just wanted to say that if you've got a powder sled then you'll want a way to somehow pack the unrideable mess left behind by your paddle track. Let us know what you come up with--LOTS of ways to skin that cat.

Cheers,

MC

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    be careful of hanging to much weight off of the tunnel. I have loaded the back of my tunnel quite abit, but nothing hanging.

Just so you know, in the snommobile world, you got work sled, not a powder machine. A lot of ski trails use your type of sled to groom ski trails with a little tow behind trailer.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Show me your snowmobile bike racks!-1124111330.jpg
    powder, soon enough, can't wait.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Probably would be better to devise a way to haul the fatbike on a tow-behind cargo sled than to try to mount it directly onto your skidoo.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I just strap my Pugs to the back of my Arctic cat, the major concern is to not puncture your seat with sharp pointy things. You'll get some rub spots on the frame as well.
    The Tundra does a good job of setting up trails.
    If you were going to do a lot of bike hauling get one of those Black cargo sled they sell pretty cheap at wally world plus it will help with your trail grooming.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Thanks for the info. I am obviously a newbie to the snomo world being from socal. I'm thinking about putting a quick release just off the back frame and strapping the rear tire to one of the running boards. Will post some pics when I have it built.