mtbr member
    Apr 2015

Cool-blue Rhythm Scott Big Jon vs Norco Sasquatch 6.2

What would you recommend among the above two bikes? Norco seems to be slightly better spec'd and probably lighter with carbon fork and 1x 10 drive train. Scott has Shimano brakes vs AVIDs Both have Jumbo Jims 4.8 I don't understand frame geometry and would prefer something that's a bit more aggressive.

I also currently own a Scott Scale 960 and absolutely love it.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013

Ride 'em both and decide

Quote Originally Posted by JoSlo View Post
    What would you recommend among the above two bikes? Norco seems to be slightly better spec'd and probably lighter with carbon fork and 1x 10 drive train. Scott has Shimano brakes vs AVIDs Both have Jumbo Jims 4.8 I don't understand frame geometry and would prefer something that's a bit more aggressive.

I own a Norco Sasquatch and absolutely love it. It's snappy and fun. That said, the best thing to do is ride them and decide. The best bike for you is the bike that fits the best. And from experience, the one that fits your spec standards. The last thing you need to do is shoot too low on the derailleur, etc. -- you'll spend $$$ getting it to where you want it. Buy XT if you ride XT. Etc.

mtbr member

Norco will be more trail oriented geometry where the scott will be more cross country

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    I wouldnt say that. The Norco has pretty short stays and steepish HA.

Spec wise its hard to beat the Sasquatch. I asked my LBS and hes pretty sure the 6.2 rigid was under 30lbs with out pedals. Pretty crazy for the price.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Thanks guys. I ended up getting a Norco Bigfoot 6.1 as LBS gave me a really good deal on it and it seemed to fit me well. Hopefully its not much different from the Sasquatch. Took out for a ride and enjoyed going worry free over ice.

The weight was just shy of 30 lbs with medium frame.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    I'm one of the admins for the Bigfoot/Sasquatch only Facebook group. Ask to join and you'll get a message from me asking for a pic for proof of ownership. You'll be processed once you provide the photo. Here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bigfootsightings/

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eaglehawk View Post
    I'm one of the admins for the Bigfoot/Sasquatch only Facebook group. Ask to join and you'll get a message from me asking for a pic for proof of ownership. You'll be processed once you provide the photo. Here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bigfootsightings/
    Sounds like some sort of secret society!

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    You betcha -- keeps the trolls selling sunglasses away. And the guys who pretend to be women. And the guys pretending to be women who troll from Manilla, asking members to buy them a bike, send it overseas and they'll "Western Union" the coin back. #harassmentfreezone

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    I did send an join request to the group about two days ago... so just waiting for the message for the proof of pic. And I swear I do not pretend to be from Manilla most days.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Never mind, just realized I did receive the message with proof of pic!

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I don't own a sasquatch or bigfoot yet but considering buying one & may have some ?s for the group, I do own a sight killer b, transition Bandit, canfield bros yelli screami, and 2 other bikes what about a pic of one of those?

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by synnie View Post
    I don't own a sasquatch or bigfoot yet but considering buying one & may have some ?s for the group, I do own a sight killer b, transition Bandit, canfield bros yelli screami, and 2 other bikes what about a pic of one of those?
    I rode my big foot most summer. It's loads of fun but I have missed bluto some days. Overall awesome bike, my only complaint is the AVID brakes that don't seem to hold up to shimano quality as my other bikes. If you are in Toronto area PM me and I will give you name of LBS with awesome deal on the bike

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I am in Pa & looking at a bike on ebay, what do you think? 2014 Norco Bigfoot 17" Rigid Alloy Fatbike 2 x 9 18 Speed Avid Hydro Brakes | eBay it does have a carbon fork & upgraded rubber

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    The 2014 Bigfoot is a solid rig. It was my first fattie. The price is good -- PinkBike had one in the US for 800 recently with no upgraded tires. Just know that fork isn't carbon -- it looks stock. The wheelset is heavy because they're double wall, but they're absolutely bombproof. The chainrings are Samox and they're soft, so I quickly put Shimano steel on (I bent the stock on a log rollover). The ride is actually pretty snappy because the chainstays are shorter than some fatties. This isn't a touring bike like some fatties; it's fun year round.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    The 2014 Bigfoot is a solid rig. It was my first fattie. The price is good -- PinkBike had one in the US for 800 recently with no upgraded tires. Just know that fork isn't carbon -- it looks stock. The wheelset is heavy because they're double wall, but they're absolutely bombproof. The chainrings are Samox and they're soft, so I quickly put Shimano steel on (I bent the stock on a log rollover). The ride is actually pretty snappy because the chainstays are shorter than some fatties. This isn't a touring bike like some fatties; it's fun year round.
    Yeah you are right about the fork I got it confused about a KHS Four season that the same seller has that I was looking at I like the components on the KHS but the price of the Bigfoot 2014 KHS Four Season 3000 17" Rigid Fatbike 2 x 10 Carbon Fork | eBay

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Yeah you are right about the fork I got it confused about a KHS Four season that the same seller has that I was looking at I like the components on the KHS but the price of the Bigfoot 2014 KHS Four Season 3000 17" Rigid Fatbike 2 x 10 Carbon Fork | eBay
    The KHS is a nice bike, too -- I know two people who ride that model. Be very cautious about this one, though. Those tires probably need to be replaced. Self steer on cheap tires will drive you batty. So factor the price plus the cost of new tires.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    The KHS is a nice bike, too -- I know two people who ride that model. Be very cautious about this one, though. Those tires probably need to be replaced. Self steer on cheap tires will drive you batty. So factor the price plus the cost of new tires.
    Thanks for the advice on the tires, this is going to be my 1st fatty I don't know much about them. I am retired now & just don't have the extra cash to throw into new stuff.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Thanks for the advice on the tires, this is going to be my 1st fatty I don't know much about them. I am retired now & just don't have the extra cash to throw into new stuff.
    Anytime, synnie. I just helped a novice friend who was rolling Vee Snowshoe 4.8s get a better rubber. She was almost set to stop riding singletrack because of what she described as a wiggly back end and sloppy steering! Her tires really sucked. I learned the hard way myself with the original 14 Bigfoot that came with crummy tires. Bad tires can make you doubt your purchase like nothing else you've ever doubted. The Norco has a nice combo of Surly tires, so self-steer will be minimal. And it'll always be more cost effective to get a bike that's already upgraded that way than to drop another 300 or so into new rubber.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I rode my big foot most summer. It's loads of fun but I have missed bluto some days. Overall awesome bike, my only complaint is the AVID brakes that don't seem to hold up to shimano quality as my other bikes. If you are in Toronto area PM me and I will give you name of LBS with awesome deal on the bike
    Hey Jo Slo would that LBS ship a bike if so give me the info on the shop.