Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sarma Shaman

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by RENCRN8 View Post
    Glad to hear people are getting their stuff and things are looking good. Conversely, I haven't been this frustrated with post sale customer service since I flew Frontier Airlines. Before they got my money I got a response to all my questions almost immediately, since I sent money they have blatantly ignored many Facebook messages and emails with zero responses. It better be damn worth it....
    You're not alone out there in the world of Sarma "waiting on bike" I ordered the shaman kit on nov 27th and I still have nada. Got a reply from dimitry that kit would ship out the week of dec 7. It is of course dec 21 today. More later.... Hopefully.

mtbr member
    Bought the frame, fork etc set for my fiancé on black Friday and hoped with it shipping supposedly dec 15th, it would maybe, possibly get here in time to put it together for xmas. Being dec 21st, probably won't see it for xmas. I'll be putting a picture of it in a card I guess! Oh well, still a good deal. Still waiting on the cranks from another supplier anyway.
    CRAMBA Chairman

HES
    mtbr member
    Dec 2015
    It appears sarma has had 76 orders between Black Friday and 12\19 but does seem like a super small operation. Hopefully all is good with Dmitry.

Van city, I should of been more clear. A lack of cost efficient cranks. The Next SL cost more than I paid for frame and fork! I do like the weight of the SL's.

Abbey trail-funny stuff.. Yeah my carrier was told me there was another box from sarma out for delivery. Let's ride once bikes are built. I hope to have mine built this week.

mtbr member
    I have a quick build question, I noticed that one of the internal cable holes for the shifters is a different size than the other. I can put a cable end in one but not the other...thoughts? I was able to let the housing sit in there but that's about it. I left Sarma a message but in the meantime, figured I'd get some other opinions while I wait....

blood in / blood out
    Quote Originally Posted by abbeytrails View Post
    I have a quick build question, I noticed that one of the internal cable holes for the shifters is a different size than the other. I can put a cable end in one but not the other...thoughts? I was able to let the housing sit in there but that's about it. I left Sarma a message but in the meantime, figured I'd get some other opinions while I wait....
    Can you tell me which side of the bike? Is it the front der cable or the rear der cable? I have housing furrels on both ends of my rear der cable going into the frame and then coming back out of the frame. I'm running 1x so I don't have nothing going to the front der. But I went out and checked my frame, and that side takes the housing and furrels with no problems.
    RICOH for LIFE
    Pain is Weakness

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I ordered the "set" on cyber Sunday. They sent me a tracking number on Dec. 14. According to USPS tracking it is still in China as of 12/23. The good thing is Dmitry has responded to emails and Facebook messages. I'll post again when I see it.

mtbr member
    Dec 2015
    From my experience, Tracking likely won't give you any more updates til it clears customs at JFK.
    Once it does it'll be one or two days to your door.

mtbr member
    After a few struggles, the bike is finally together and ready for its maiden voyage. Comes in around 26.8lbs with SLX/X5 stuff on it. Just wondering if anybody could post a close-up photo of their drivetrain so I can compare?

mtbr member
    May 2007
    So PBRTS was correct. The package cleared customs on the 27th and was delivered on the 29th. I hope to have it built by the weekend. My size large frame was 3 pounds.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    My PARTIAL shaman kit arrived yesterday the 29th. Got wheels and frame but no fork, seatpost or bars. No clue as to when the rest will arrive,argh! On the positive side the frame and wheels look to be of good quality. Noticed that the hubs on the Naran wheel set are not Sarma but Fatlabs. Reviews seem to be fairly good for these hubs but not sure if they are an uptick or down in comparison to Sarma hubs. Anyone else get a partial shipment?

Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by way2slow View Post
    My PARTIAL shaman kit arrived yesterday the 29th. Got wheels and frame but no fork, seatpost or bars. No clue as to when the rest will arrive,argh! On the positive side the frame and wheels look to be of good quality. Noticed that the hubs on the Naran wheel set are not Sarma but Fatlabs. Reviews seem to be fairly good for these hubs but not sure if they are an uptick or down in comparison to Sarma hubs. Anyone else get a partial shipment?
    Yes and I asked about it and was told that the rest would ship soon. Frustrating

mtbr member
    I received my shipping confirmation this morning. Hoping it's a full shipment...

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Ordered two complete bikes on the 07th of Dec. and they just arrived today. Very well wrapped and no damage, all the parts, just had to mount the Bluto shock, handlebar, seatpost and derailer. toughest part was mounting the tires on the rims (not much of a wheelwell to put the opposite side of the tire bead!) Now just waiting for some snow (hate the first ride being a muddy one with a new bike!!) They did arrive in two separate boxes. Hope that helps put some minds at ease!

mtbr member
    May 2007

Shaman "kit" with Shimano 1 x 11 XT bought from Bike-discount.de

Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by whiskeytown View Post

How about some full pictures.

I'm a Target Too.
    Quote Originally Posted by majack View Post
    The only hang up was in the rear wheel. I have I9's with thru axles and that makes them 177mm wide. This was fine in my mukluk, but not in the Shaman. The Shaman is only 168mm per my measurements, so I had to spread the rear stays open to make the wheel fit.
    I9 has the proper end caps for your hub. I'm using I9s on my Sarma.

blood in / blood out
    Quote Originally Posted by cendres View Post
    I9 has the proper end caps for your hub. I'm using I9s on my Sarma.
    What end caps are you using? I have the thru axle end caps and those did not fit. So if you have a part number that would be great.
    RICOH for LIFE
    Pain is Weakness

I'm a Target Too.
    I don't see them listed specifically on their dealer site so you may just need to call/email them. I ordered mine with 170x12 spacing.

blood in / blood out
    I don't see them listed specifically on their dealer site so you may just need to call/email them. I ordered mine with 170x12 spacing.
    Thanks Chris, maybe I'll call them from the shop on Monday. But as it sits now, I have it all working and I'm just riding it as is.
    RICOH for LIFE
    Pain is Weakness

I'm a Target Too.
    Speak with Jon; he knows what you need.

blood in / blood out
    Speak with Jon; he knows what you need.
    I'll do that, thanks for the info and name of a contact.
    RICOH for LIFE
    Pain is Weakness

I'm a Target Too.
    So here's mine set up in 29+ mode. Weight as pictured is 24.03. I should have been patient and waited for a pair of carbon rims and lighter tires. I'll revisit that closer to spring because I'd like to have it under 23 pounds.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sarma Shaman-sarma-29-plus.jpg  

Addict
    The pictures are really getting me excited to get home and get mine built up and ride it. That looks sweet with 29+ wheels.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    That is an awesome weight

woukd you mind sharing what the rest of the build is to get you to 22 pounds

Quote Originally Posted by whiskeytown View Post

mtbr member
    May 2007
    XX1 crank with a Wolftooth 34t
    XT 11 speed drivetrain 11-40t cassette
    SLX brakes
    SDG Ti fly saddle
    Ritchey Carbon stem
    Kenda Jauggernaut Pro tires
    Sarma Carbon seatpost (190g) and Sarma Carbon bar (160g)

This is my only bike so the lighter the better.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Super nice

Thanks for the info!

Addict
    Got home today to a big black box awaiting my arrival. Unpacking and inspecting now. Will post some pictures with actual weights of individual parts if anyone is interested.

blood in / blood out
    Got home today to a big black box awaiting my arrival. Unpacking and inspecting now. Will post some pictures with actual weights of individual parts if anyone is interested.
    Glad to see you got the parts. Hope your build goes well. And of course, post some pics.
    RICOH for LIFE
    Pain is Weakness

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Bonking ... not feelin' well

Ah thats good news! I'm still waiting on bars, seatpost and fork but maybe they will arrive soon now. I ordered the Shaman "kit" on November 27th!

mtbr member
    Dec 2015
    I too am awaiting bars,seatpost and fork, ordered as "kit" on 11/30.
    Dmitry says they're on the way in separate package.
    Right now I have a very dysfunctional unicycle on the stand...
    My son is losing his patience as he sees me ride mine. Had expected to have the whole holiday break to ride with him.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Given the pricing on these I'm really considering pulling the trigger, however as this will be my first fat bike and I will mainly ride it in the snow am wondering if I need to go with something that allows for fatter tires i.e. 5 inchers. Would love to hear some thoughts from anyone who has ridden one of these in the winter. Thanks

blood in / blood out
    Quote Originally Posted by Dbrookie View Post
    Given the pricing on these I'm really considering pulling the trigger, however as this will be my first fat bike and I will mainly ride it in the snow am wondering if I need to go with something that allows for fatter tires i.e. 5 inchers. Would love to hear some thoughts from anyone who has ridden one of these in the winter. Thanks
    I'm on my first winter with mine and so far it is great to ride. I bought it knowing that all I wanted and need is a bike that can take a 4" tire on the back.

If you want the bigger tires, look at the Vortek from Sarma. It is the Alum frame but can take the big meats.
    RICOH for LIFE
    Pain is Weakness

mtbr member
    I received all but the fork yesterday. The Narans setup tubeless with 120tpi Nate's without any problems after wrestling them on the rims. I set the beads with my floor pump yesterday and added 4oz orange seal to each this morning and they are holding 15lbs.

The wheels came with Fatlab hubs. That freehub will alert anyone within a mile of your presence.

Dmitry sent me tracking on the fork, so I am waiting patiently on that. I'll take pics when I finish assembly.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Tracking info from Dimitry shows my sarma remaining items to be in .........wait for it.......Moscow in pre shipment mode! Hope you're not on the same boat as me.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by way2slow View Post
    Tracking info from Dimitry shows my sarma remaining items to be in .........wait for it.......Moscow in pre shipment mode! Hope you're not on the same boat as me.
    Mine at least says processed, but yeah, in Moscow. The main shipment didn't show any movement until the day it was delivered. It took me by surprise.

blood in / blood out
    Sarma Shaman-s4022144.jpgSarma Shaman-s4022145.jpgSarma Shaman-s4022148.jpgSarma Shaman-s4022147.jpgWell I made some changes to my Shaman. I went to Shimano XTR 1 x 11 and I replaced the front VanHelga with a Flowbeist. The VH was working just fine but I like to have a larger tire up front. The bike weigh's 26 pounds 9 oz with the way I have it built. Here are some updated pics.
    RICOH for LIFE
    Pain is Weakness

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Thanks majack for your input. I'm curious about the frame quality and graphics, are they painted or decals?

blood in / blood out
    Quote Originally Posted by Dbrookie View Post
    Thanks majack for your input. I'm curious about the frame quality and graphics, are they painted or decals?
    The frame is of great quality and I'm very happy with the bike. As for the graphics, some are paint like the grey area's and the red Sarma is a decal.
    RICOH for LIFE
    Pain is Weakness

Addict
    My carbon fork and extra front wheel showed up today so hopefully everyone waiting will have their stuff soon. Now I just need to get time to finish the build. Work getting in the way of fun, that's why it would have been nice to have it while I was on vacation almost the entire month of December. First world problems.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    The frame is of great quality and I'm very happy with the bike. As for the graphics, some are paint like the grey area's and the red Sarma is a decal.
    No one will every ask you what brand of bike it is. Between the frame and the fork it says Sarma 11 different places. Plus it's all over the wheels as well.

Addict
    Not an exact final weight but it won't get any heavier as all I have left to do is trim cables, hoses, and steerer. Can't wait to ride this thing.

y

blood in / blood out
    Looking good Ren, nice weight on the bike. Get some rides in on that thing and tell us what you think.
    RICOH for LIFE
    Pain is Weakness

Addict
    Looking good Ren, nice weight on the bike. Get some rides in on that thing and tell us what you think.
    I will report back this weekend!

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Helium in the tubes? That's a crazy weight

Is that with sealant in the tires no pedals

Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by blidner View Post
    Helium in the tubes? That's a crazy weight

Is that with sealant in the tires no pedals
    4oz of Orange sealant front and rear. Crank brothers egg beaters.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Double wow
    That weight is unbelievable

Enjoy the ride
    Looking forward to reading a ride report

Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by blidner View Post
    Double wow
    That weight is unbelievable

Enjoy the ride
    Looking forward to reading a ride report
    What will be unbelievable is it being under 24 lbs with the Bluto hopefully. The fork is the only difference plus a slightly wider hub. Fork is around 3 lbs. Crazy.

HES
    mtbr member
    Dec 2015
    Can you share build? I just built mine. I bought the rolling chassis too. I have 4.0 Juggernauts, 1x10 XO, SLX brakes with magura SL rotors, a light ti saddle and sarma cranks which are light. Now, I'm curious to weigh! I am looking forward to racing it this weekend.

Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by HES View Post
    Can you share build? I just built mine. I bought the rolling chassis too. I have 4.0 Juggernauts, 1x10 XO, SLX brakes with magura SL rotors, a light ti saddle and sarma cranks which are light. Now, I'm curious to weigh! I am looking forward to racing it this weekend.
    XX1 full drive train
    RF next SL crankset
    M9000 XTR race brakes
    Niner RDO stem
    Fizik Tundra 2 carbon saddle
    Kenda juggernaut pro 4.0
    Orange tubeless tape and sealant
    Ashima Ai2 160mm rotors
    Crank brothers egg beaters pedals
    Sarma carbon handlebars
    Sarma carbon seatpost
    SRAM foam locking grips(may change to ESI chunkies once I know everything is how I want it)

Honestly I was shocked when I weighed it. I actually went and got my other bike to double check the scale. I thought about sending a note to Lamere(joking) who claims the lightest fat bike for their $5900 build. I have far less than that in this bike. I am so happy I ordered a vortex build kit this week from Dmitry. It will have an almost identical build but with the 4.5 Juggernaut pros. Will be interesting to see how light an aluminum 190mm bike with bluto can be for an aluminum.

mtbr member
    Awesome Ren! I am still patiently waiting for my fork. Seeing this makes me want to finish this build so badly. My wheels are still sitting here holding air and the frame is built up, just need the fork to finish.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast