Results 1 to 76 of 76
  1. #1
    RIDE...
    Reputation: MarcoL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    428

    Show your Sandman

    dedicated thread to show you Sandman hoggar, gobi, atacama, etc.
    also show your upgrades
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sandman Hoggar Ti-img_0137.jpg  

    Sandman Hoggar Ti-img_0283.jpg  

    Last edited by MarcoL; 12-04-2012 at 09:13 PM. Reason: (more bikes than hoggar)

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bprsnt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    292
    Ready for Global Fat-Bike Saturday
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sandman Hoggar Ti-hogger-ti.jpg  

    Moonlander's
    Sandman Hogger Ti

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    39

    Smile

    BPRNST
    Sandman Hogger TI

    Hoggar !
    French. In France .Near Paris. Yes, really.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    463
    Not an ordinary 29'er either!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sandman Hoggar Ti-602277_4808492529015_1448558395_n.jpg  


  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    89
    Hoggar only, or Gobi also allowed ?

  6. #6
    RIDE...
    Reputation: MarcoL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    428
    Show your Sandman!!

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

  7. #7
    RIDE...
    Reputation: MarcoL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    428
    Quote Originally Posted by Nothing's impossible View Post
    Not an ordinary 29'er either!
    nice!!

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Fastered's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    14
    Nice bikes need to see more

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    89
    atacama from last year


  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    463
    My former screensaver!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sandman Hoggar Ti-411539_3093114027060_1493099962_o.jpg  


  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    463
    In the snow
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sandman Hoggar Ti-16069_3502002969028_869477169_n.jpg  


  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    463
    Another winter pic!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sandman Hoggar Ti-530310_3501998648920_337231137_n.jpg  


  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    10
    Wish it was easy to get one here in the States.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,042
    I got mine easily enough- just a wire transfer to Belgium away.
    Last edited by fc; 01-28-2013 at 04:58 PM.

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bprsnt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    292
    I had no problem receiving my Sandman in MN.
    Sandman is a great company to deal with and builds awesome bikes!
    Moonlander's
    Sandman Hogger Ti

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    115
    I am in MN, really digging the Sandman! what made you chose the Sandman over the Surly?
    I am in Plymouth! thanks

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bprsnt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    292
    Quote Originally Posted by StevePodraza View Post
    I am in MN, really digging the Sandman! what made you chose the Sandman over the Surly?
    I am in Plymouth! thanks
    I have a Moonlander as well.

    Just a another arrow in the quiver depending on where Iím going and the conditions.
    Moonlander's
    Sandman Hogger Ti

  18. #18
    RIDE...
    Reputation: MarcoL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    428
    My Sandman after 219 kilometers on the chihuahua s desertSandman Hoggar Ti-imageuploadedbytapatalk1355863652.715761.jpg

  19. #19
    RIDE...
    Reputation: MarcoL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    428
    Sandman Hoggar Ti-imageuploadedbytapatalk1355863726.322939.jpgSandman Hoggar Ti-imageuploadedbytapatalk1355863754.873302.jpgSandman Hoggar Ti-imageuploadedbytapatalk1355863796.374377.jpg

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    13

    Gobi -Fatback

    Any inherent or distinguishing characteristics of the Sandman Gobi that make it more or less desirable than an aluminum Fatback?

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,042
    Depends which Gobi you are talking about. Current production frames are Ti. Early ones (like mine) are hydroformed and butted aluminum. My frame weighs just under 4 lbs (for a medium). I'm not sure how that compares to the Fatback.

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    575
    In fact there are 4 current models, two alu, one ti and a tandem. In 2013 there will be 5: two redesigned alu's, one cromo, one ti and the tandem.
    But the biggest difference is that a Sandman is a trailbike, which by coincidence can ride on snow. Not the other way around :-). All frames and geometry are designed for front suspension.
    They recently made a video to explain what their bikes are and what they can do:

    Here's mine:


  23. #23
    aka bOb
    Reputation: bdundee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    7,906
    Quote Originally Posted by caminoloco View Post
    In fact there are 4 current models, two alu, one ti and a tandem. In 2013 there will be 5: two redesigned alu's, one cromo, one ti and the tandem.
    But the biggest difference is that a Sandman is a trailbike, which by coincidence can ride on snow. Not the other way around :-). All frames and geometry are designed for front suspension.
    They recently made a video to explain what their bikes are and what they can do:

    Here's mine:

    When are the new models going to be out, still itching for a Hoggar.

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    575
    Quote Originally Posted by bdundee View Post
    When are the new models going to be out, still itching for a Hoggar.
    You might be in luck, I think the only model that's not going to change is the Hoggar . It will get a somewhat different spec sheet though (and be more expensive). So if you want a 2012 spec & price, better drop them a line soon. The other models will arrive early spring.

  25. #25
    gone walk about
    Reputation: nvphatty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    9,540
    Quote Originally Posted by caminoloco View Post
    In fact there are 4 current models, two alu, one ti and a tandem. In 2013 there will be 5: two redesigned alu's, one cromo, one ti and the tandem.
    But the biggest difference is that a Sandman is a trailbike, which by coincidence can ride on snow. Not the other way around :-). All frames and geometry are designed for front suspension.
    here in lies my attraction since this is my main riding arena HOWEVER rear squish is also my desires sooooooooo

  26. #26
    RIDE...
    Reputation: MarcoL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    428
    Quote Originally Posted by caminoloco View Post
    You might be in luck, I think the only model that's not going to change is the Hoggar . It will get a somewhat different spec sheet though (and be more expensive). So if you want a 2012 spec & price, better drop them a line soon. The other models will arrive early spring.
    Hey Caminoloco, please let us know about the new upgrades on hubs, forks, tires, We all know your knowledge on those SANDMAN bikes, I have now on mine XTR triggers, FD, RD, SRAM XX cassette, and Truvativ and Carbon Ti Chainrings, husker du tires converted to tubeless, and even on the Chihuahuas desert ( from Coahuila to Chihuahua, we began our ride in Nuevo Leon) which is know for all those types of cacti and thorns I got 4 flats, and got repaired immediately by the white fluid inside the tire!! I only stopped to clean and lubricate the chain! there was 2 days of strong wind, sand, rocks, railroad crossings, but very happy to get into 4 cienegas federal reserve!! on my sand man, my friends were in s-works epics...

  27. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    575
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcoL View Post
    Hey Caminoloco, please let us know about the new upgrades on hubs, forks, tires, We all know your knowledge on those SANDMAN bikes, I have now on mine XTR triggers, FD, RD, SRAM XX cassette, and Truvativ and Carbon Ti Chainrings, husker du tires converted to tubeless, and even on the Chihuahuas desert ( from Coahuila to Chihuahua, we began our ride in Nuevo Leon) which is know for all those types of cacti and thorns I got 4 flats, and got repaired immediately by the white fluid inside the tire!! I only stopped to clean and lubricate the chain! there was 2 days of strong wind, sand, rocks, railroad crossings, but very happy to get into 4 cienegas federal reserve!! on my sand man, my friends were in s-works epics...
    Nice pictures MarcoL, makes me want to go visit your country again (I've been in two places in Mexico and those happen to be the ones you mention: I've been canyoneering in Nuevo Leon close to Monterrey and been biking in the barrancos del Cobre in Chihuahua - that was before I had a fatbike, alas...). I'll post a review of the prototype of the new Javelina fork pretty soon, I haven't been able to ride it yet.

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    927
    Amazing video !!!

  29. #29
    RIDE...
    Reputation: MarcoL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    428
    Quote Originally Posted by caminoloco View Post
    Nice pictures MarcoL, makes me want to go visit your country again (I've been in two places in Mexico and those happen to be the ones you mention: I've been canyoneering in Nuevo Leon close to Monterrey and been biking in the barrancos del Cobre in Chihuahua - that was before I had a fatbike, alas...). I'll post a review of the prototype of the new Javelina fork pretty soon, I haven't been able to ride it yet.
    I live in Monterrey!
    this is the complete album of pictures
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1213810&type=1

  30. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    575
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcoL View Post
    I live in Monterrey!
    this is the complete album of pictures
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1213810&type=1
    That looks like a really neat trip, I love biking in the mountains but just as well in such wide open spaces - gives me energy.
    Here are a few (wildly off topic..) pics taken near your home in Monterrey, the first one is of the Chipitin canyon (that's me dangling off that rope) and the second is the Matacanes canyon which becomes a cave a few times along its course.
    As an excuse to post these pics, I've got a little project that involves both, canyoneering and fatbiking!





    This one is from the Copper Canyon, good memories...



    And to get this somehow back on fat topic: all of us fat bikers owe this guy big time. It's Ray Molina, the guy who made the very first fat tire (the Surly Endomorph is basically copy of it) and 80mm rim. Both were made in Mexico ! Ray's equally at home on the Copper canyon singletrack maze as when cooking lasagna in a dutch oven - if you need a guide in that region, he's your man .


  31. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,042
    Here's my old Wildfire fatbike (the first production fatbike, as far as I know), sporting Ray's Remolino 80mm rims and 3.5" tires.
    Last edited by fc; 01-28-2013 at 04:57 PM.

  32. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    13
    What s the difference between a trail bike and a snow bike?

  33. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    575
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles R View Post
    What s the difference between a trail bike and a snow bike?
    Good question... you see my current bike and the bike it replaced (that Marin was voted all-mountainbike of the year twice in a row in the UK). The Sandman can do everything (much) better, apart from smooth climbs & hardpack. Not my favourite terrain anyway . That Marin is for sale .

    There are a few people here who I think own both a "snowbike" and a Sandman, maybe they can explain the difference better ?

  34. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    463
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_jHPrtm-ZFQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

  35. #35
    How much does it weigh?
    Reputation: Borgschulze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,169
    Quote Originally Posted by Nothing's impossible View Post
    Not an ordinary 29'er either!
    I thought something was "off" about that photo, video confirmed.

    Amazing riding!

  36. #36
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    463
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgschulze View Post
    I thought something was "off" about that photo, video confirmed.

    Amazing riding!
    Thanks, you are a good observer!
    I think you are the first one to notice I got rid of my rigth crank!

  37. #37
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    463
    part 2<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YhDpY_DBApQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

  38. #38
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    133
    Really impressed with designs and the mindset from sandman.
    Wish I could actually ride one, or even see one in person prior to
    pulling the trigger on such a large purchase. sigh.....

  39. #39
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,042
    Come to WV and try mine...

  40. #40
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    133
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy FitzGibbon View Post
    Come to WV and try mine...



    Kinda far, but thanks for the offer!

  41. #41
    RIDE...
    Reputation: MarcoL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    428
    Caminoloco,

    Nice to know you have been in my city, I usually train in that area on summer, the elevation gain from monterrey to Los Lirios (very close to Matacanes and chipitin, and maybe you know a place named el salto) it is about 3600 mts up and down up and down, Next year will try to climb in the fat..

    now on winter we are planning to go on a route from Saltillos to Torreon, in 2 days about 300 kms, there is a place full of dinosaur fossils, and is perfectly flat, excellent for the SANDMAN,

    As you have see, there is to many opinions in Mexico about the Fat bikes...

    Saludos!!!

  42. #42
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    263

    Awesome riding

    Quote Originally Posted by Nothing's impossible View Post
    Thanks, you are a good observer!
    I think you are the first one to notice I got rid of my rigth crank!
    I am a ski coach working with adaptive athletes who are training for the Paralympics in Sochi. They are the most inspiring athletes I've worked with over my 18-year career (and 12 kids I've coached have gone to the NorAm/ US Ski Team level). I know several that will lust for a fatbike after they see your video. Nice work and please post some more.

  43. #43
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    463
    Well, that's pretty cool!

    Let them have a blast on a fatbike!

    There are plenty of movies on my channel!

  44. #44
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    463
    Well, that's pretty cool stockli!

    Let them have a blast on a fatbike!

    There are already plenty of movies on my channel!

  45. #45
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    575
    Quote Originally Posted by Stockli Boy View Post
    I am a ski coach working with adaptive athletes who are training for the Paralympics in Sochi. They are the most inspiring athletes I've worked with over my 18-year career (and 12 kids I've coached have gone to the NorAm/ US Ski Team level). I know several that will lust for a fatbike after they see your video. Nice work and please post some more.
    Nothing's Impossible's nick is aptly chosen: Transalp race, Santiago de Compestela by bike... pretty incredible from my point of view .

    Him and Glenn from the UK should get together someday, now that would be a team ! Sandman Photo Album - Pinkbike

  46. #46
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    463
    Quote Originally Posted by caminoloco View Post

    Him and Glenn from the UK should get together someday, now that would be a team ! Sandman Photo Album - Pinkbike
    Do we have a sponsor??

  47. #47
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    13
    Nothing's impossible,
    could you give the size and standover height of your sandman hoggar?
    any sizing advice?

  48. #48
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    463
    Charles, I have a size L, and the lowest point of the top tube is around 79 cm

    For the size, have a look at the sandman website!

    I was between M and L, I 've tested the L for quite a while and the M for a short ride, The L is a bit more stable, the m a bit nimbler, but both fitted nicely!
    I got the L, but the M would ve been fine as well!
    On a 29'er I tend to go for a L, maybe to accentuate the added stability, on 26'ers I used to get M, back than I believed I was faster with a nimble bike!

  49. #49
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    15
    Hi guys

    I'm the lad from the Uk with the Sandman Hoggar. I've had my bike since April (2012) this year and have to say I've hardly ridden any of my other bikes, the Sandman is just so much fun and it's a real "do it all" ride.

    I'm not a pro- rider, nope I'm just a guy who likes to get out and have some fun, experimenting on new trails and sharing my biking experiences on the likes of Youtube or my blog. kotz68.blogspot.co.uk

    Size wise I contacted Sandman who were every so kind, even getting in touch with Arnout who offered to help me decide whether to go for a L or a M by taking me for a ride on his bike and a loaner from Sandman. Unfortunately as I'm in the UK and I couldn't take Sandman/Arnout up on the offer I went with Sandman's advice and got myself a size L.

    I'm around 6 feet or 182.88cm's tall I find the L bike very stable. I did notice I was stretching just that little bit, but it was a quick fix just got myself a shorter stem.

    I would recommend a size Large for stability and a size Medium for something a little more nimbler. I know if I had the spare cash (maybe a lottery win) I would definitely purchase another Sandman, maybe this time trying a size Medium.

    When people ask "why get a fat bike compared to any other bike?" I would answer just ride one to see what all the fuss is about, they really are that much fun
    Ibis Mojo SL
    NS Analog
    Sandman Hoggar Ti

  50. #50
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    463
    Glenn, what about the Koen's idea?

  51. #51
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    15
    Oh sorry Arnout did I miss something? lol
    Ibis Mojo SL
    NS Analog
    Sandman Hoggar Ti

  52. #52
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    13
    Nothings Impossible
    Impressive videos, thanks for the measurement.

  53. #53
    mtbr member
    Reputation: vikb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    9,922
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles R View Post
    What s the difference between a trail bike and a snow bike?
    I've checked the Sandman website, but they don't seem to list the full geo numbers you'd need to determine how different their bikes are from the other fat bike options on the market.

    Has anyone seen these geometry numbers been posted somewhere? I may have missed them.
    Safe riding,

    Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

  54. #54
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    39
    Nowhere. Sandman keeps them secret ! One must measure their bikes.
    French. In France .Near Paris. Yes, really.

  55. #55
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bprsnt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    292

    My 12 year old daughter Hijacked the Sandman

    She had a blast
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sandman Hoggar Ti-smaller.jpg  

    Sandman Hoggar Ti-smaller-2.jpg  

    Sandman Hoggar Ti-smaller-3.jpg  

    Moonlander's
    Sandman Hogger Ti

  56. #56
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    463
    For those who don't follow the filmthread:
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tSeLuHx8L3Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

  57. #57
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bprsnt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    292

    Sandman Hogger Ti Bliss

    Awesome riding this weekend.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sandman Hoggar Ti-sandman-ti-1-27-2013.jpg  

    Moonlander's
    Sandman Hogger Ti

  58. #58
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    575
    Ti meets new alu, testing the 2013 Gobi & fork (the Hoggar remains unchanged).











    Cruisin' the Italian Riviera... la dolce vita...


  59. #59
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bprsnt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    292
    Quote Originally Posted by caminoloco View Post
    (the Hoggar remains unchanged).
    I have not found anything I would change on the Hogger Ti
    Moonlander's
    Sandman Hogger Ti

  60. #60
    mtbr member
    Reputation: fer83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    181
    The new Gobi with the Sandman fork looks amazing! do you mind if I upload your pics to ForoMTB? There are people over there really interested in fatbikes lately.

    this place deserves one of your cool videos, looks great
    Last edited by fer83; 01-29-2013 at 06:21 AM.

  61. #61
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    463
    Quote Originally Posted by caminoloco View Post
    Ti meets new alu, testing the 2013 Gobi & fork (the Hoggar remains unchanged).











    Cruisin' the Italian Riviera... la dolce vita...

    Bad ass pic's Koen!!

  62. #62
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    575
    Quote Originally Posted by fer83 View Post
    The new Gobi with the Sandman fork looks amazing! do you mind if I upload your pics to ForoMTB? There are people over there really interested in fatbikes lately.

    this place deserves one of your cool videos, looks great
    Please feel free. Because of the bad weather in northern Europe we went to Finale Ligure, a fantastic bike spot !
    Thanks go to local guide Gabriele, for showing us the best trails. Here he is on a Hoggar:

    Gabriele Tarsia Incuria's Photos | Facebook

  63. #63
    mtbr member
    Reputation: fer83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    181
    I already did it, some product exposure doesn't harm anybody, isn't it?

    Do you know if Sandman are planning to have some bikes to test anywhere in Spain?

  64. #64
    RIDE...
    Reputation: MarcoL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    428

    Sandman Hoggar Ti

    Sandman Hoggar Ti-imageuploadedbytapatalk1360382303.231877.jpgSandman Hoggar Ti-imageuploadedbytapatalk1360382316.381096.jpgSandman Hoggar Ti-imageuploadedbytapatalk1360382326.347188.jpgSandman Hoggar Ti-imageuploadedbytapatalk1360382337.364870.jpgSandman Hoggar Ti-imageuploadedbytapatalk1360382365.264087.jpg

    My sandman in M&#233;xico


    Enviado desde mi iPhone con Tapatalk

  65. #65
    RIDE...
    Reputation: MarcoL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    428

    Sandman Hoggar Ti

    Sandman Hoggar Ti-imageuploadedbytapatalk1360425121.869206.jpg


    Enviado desde mi iPhone con Tapatalk

  66. #66
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    19
    I must say that this thread really features the coolest fat bikes out there.

    However, don't think anyone can buy one. Multiple emails have gone unanswered. I have even tried to buy the damn Hoggar on their website, and it tells me they will be in touch soon. But they dont respond via email/phone, etc.
    I don't think they are still in business. At least not in the business of selling bikes!

  67. #67
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    201
    I'm about to put mine up for sale... but unfortunately for you, I'm in Australia. I love riding mine and it is truly a work of art, but family and work factors are forcing my hand.

    I will look back through my emails and find the contact names and emails for the people I dealt with when buying mine... I'll PM you the details. At first I too got no response, but someone else posted a different email address to use and that helped. I think they are very 'relaxed' about their business model, but once you establish contact with them they are good to deal with. I think they all love getting out and riding too much.

    Cheers
    FatMuz
    2017 Nicolai G13
    2017 Trek Fuel EX 9.9
    2016 Evil The Following

  68. #68
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by russmu66 View Post
    I'm about to put mine up for sale... but unfortunately for you, I'm in Australia. I love riding mine and it is truly a work of art, but family and work factors are forcing my hand.

    I will look back through my emails and find the contact names and emails for the people I dealt with when buying mine... I'll PM you the details. At first I too got no response, but someone else posted a different email address to use and that helped. I think they are very 'relaxed' about their business model, but once you establish contact with them they are good to deal with. I think they all love getting out and riding too much.

    Cheers
    FatMuz
    If yours is a medium, would you consider shipping it to the us?

  69. #69
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    201
    Quote Originally Posted by calves2997 View Post
    If yours is a medium, would you consider shipping it to the us?
    Sent you a PM...

    It's a Large... :-(
    2017 Nicolai G13
    2017 Trek Fuel EX 9.9
    2016 Evil The Following

  70. #70
    BikingMoto
    Reputation: bikinmoto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    28
    Sandman day dream!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sandman Hoggar Ti-image.jpg  


  71. #71
    BikingMoto
    Reputation: bikinmoto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    28

    Sandman Hoggar Ti

    I pulled the trigger on an extra set of rims for my sandman hoggar. I was looking for fatter for sand riding. Here are the pics for your viewing pleasure:



    BikinMOTO

  72. #72
    RIDE...
    Reputation: MarcoL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    428
    nice set of wheels!!!

  73. #73
    RIDE...
    Reputation: MarcoL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    428
    what happened now? nomer adventures on your sand man? where is Sandman WEb site?
    they dissapered?

  74. #74
    bigger than you.
    Reputation: Gigantic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,989
    i believe they're now known as FatLab Cycles and ComponentsFatLab bicycles

  75. #75
    All fat, all the time.
    Reputation: Shark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    7,175
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcoL View Post
    nice set of wheels!!!
    Way to bump a 3 year old thread

  76. #76
    RIDE...
    Reputation: MarcoL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    428
    Lol! I have seen some carbon wheels for fat bikes, has anyone tried on their hoggar? Maybe is a good up grade !!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Members who have read this thread: 6

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •