Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    mtbr member

SALSA BEARGREASE Carbon Machine

I am just about to pull the trigger on one of these and does anyone know if they are ever discounted or is everyone having to pay close to full retail.? I am looking at the top shelf $5500.00 Model..

Rocking on a Rocky

Not the top of the line but good price

mtbr member
    May 2014
    My riding bud has one, an x9 equiped one, sweet ride, no issues as of yet.. I think it was $3500

mtbr member
    I got a few hundred off my X9 equipped Beargrease.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Nuts
    What size?
    And I love beer!!

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I got my x9 Beargrease at FreeWheel Bike in Minneapolis for $2,700.00. I absolutely love it!

mtbr member
    The model I am refering to is the top Carbon Model that lists for $5500.00 USD. What are people actually paying for this model and how much are they getting off of list price..?

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    i couldn't even fathom riding a fatty @ 26 lbs. **** mines 33 lb and feels light!

maybe someday......

rog

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I bought my X9 Beargrease last November and got 15% off MSRP. At this time of year you can probably get a better discount than that.
    There are three kinds of people: those of us that are good at math and those that are not.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by newmarketrog View Post
    i couldn't even fathom riding a fatty @ 26 lbs. **** mines 33 lb and feels light!

maybe someday......

rog
    Hi there, I have not bought it yet, however today may be the day that I do. I think it has to be one of the best models around at the moment. Its there Flagship Model @ $5500.00 MSRP

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    The real costs are in the components, with that weight and cost it must have some great components. I would check that out, if they are it seem like a good price.

mtbr member
    Are you looking for a large?

mtbr member
    I am about to pull the trigger on a brand new in the box XX1 and wondering what others had to pay for theres..? List id $5500.00 Whom else also owns a XX1 beargrease 2014..?

Nuts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekmogul View Post
    I am about to pull the trigger on a brand new in the box XX1 and wondering what others had to pay for theres..? List id $5500.00 Whom else also owns a XX1 beargrease 2014..?
    It all depends, do you have a good relations with the shop? Do you do trail work or promote the sport or are you just some Joe Blow walking into shop looking for a sweet deal? That being said our LBS has a XX1 left over and he is willing to deal so maybe the shop you are working with will as well. I'm not going to tell you a price do to said reasons above though. Just ask them can you do better on the price, simple as that.
    And I love beer!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bdundee View Post
    It all depends, do you have a good relations with the shop? Do you do trail work or promote the sport or are you just some Joe Blow walking into shop looking for a sweet deal? That being said our LBS has a XX1 left over and he is willing to deal so maybe the shop you are working with will as well. I'm not going to tell you a price do to said reasons above though. Just ask them can you do better on the price, simple as that.
    So if I am just "JOE BLOW it makes a difference what I have to pay..? What if i already spent 10's of $1000.00's at a shop, does that also make a difference..

Nuts
    [QUOTE=Trekmogul;11262363]So if I am just "JOE BLOW it makes a difference what I have to pay..? What if i already spent 10's of $1000.00's at a shop, does that also make a difference..

yes it sure can
    And I love beer!!

mtbr member
    I just made a offer @ my LBS on a XX1 Fatty and told him if he can sell it to me for that to go ahead and order it in asap. Already bought 3 bikes this week and i really should stop..

Nuts
    sweet hopefully it works out for you
    And I love beer!!

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekmogul View Post
    I have had a few prices here in oz that are around $5k AU so you shouldn't be paying anywhere near the $5.5k you mentioned in the US
    Cheers
    Ip

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ironpo View Post
    I have had a few prices here in oz that are around $5k AU so you shouldn't be paying anywhere near the $5.5k you mentioned in the US
    Cheers
    Ip
    $5500.00 US is MSRP on the XX1..Was looking to get into one about $4500.00 USD
    Trek Equinox 9.9 TTL, Trek Madone 6.9 Project One, Trek Fuel 9.5, Trek Fuel 9.0, Trek Rumblefish Pro, Trek Remedy 9.9,BGXX1

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    If you had a local shop with one on the floor, maybe you could get it for that price. I'll be shocked if any dealer would order one, and then sell it for $4,500, unless you're a family member.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyB View Post
    If you had a local shop with one on the floor, maybe you could get it for that price. I'll be shocked if any dealer would order one, and then sell it for $4,500, unless you're a family member.
    I can always go up on hte price if need be. Mabe with hte new model coming out soon, there will be a drop in price on 2014's..?
    Trek Equinox 9.9 TTL, Trek Madone 6.9 Project One, Trek Fuel 9.5, Trek Fuel 9.0, Trek Rumblefish Pro, Trek Remedy 9.9,BGXX1

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    My LBS told me the 2015 Beargrease is going to be different. No details yet, but I won't be surprised if it's a redesign around the Bluto. I would hope to see an offering with a Bluto as well. I think you'll see a lot of the '15 offerings coming with a Bluto, and at the price point you're looking to spend, you may want to consider that option. Beargrease in L or XL take a Bluto without issue, the Med is very tight for frame clearance.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyB View Post
    My LBS told me the 2015 Beargrease is going to be different. No details yet, but I won't be surprised if it's a redesign around the Bluto. I would hope to see an offering with a Bluto as well. I think you'll see a lot of the '15 offerings coming with a Bluto, and at the price point you're looking to spend, you may want to consider that option. Beargrease in L or XL take a Bluto without issue, the Med is very tight for frame clearance.
    The only MODEL I am interested in is the (XX1) Beargrease. Its not that i am cheap, i just like trying to chisel them down on the bike since i really dont need one..

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Hey, what is the msrp of that flagship model you are looking at? I don't know if you have mentioned that yet.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast