Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 100 of 313
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Trekmogul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    141

    SALSA BEARGREASE Carbon Machine

    I am just about to pull the trigger on one of these and does anyone know if they are ever discounted or is everyone having to pay close to full retail.? I am looking at the top shelf $5500.00 Model..

  2. #2
    Rocking on a Rocky
    Reputation: RockyJo1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,348

    Not the top of the line but good price


  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    17
    My riding bud has one, an x9 equiped one, sweet ride, no issues as of yet.. I think it was $3500

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Zoo1424's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    185
    I got a few hundred off my X9 equipped Beargrease.

    Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    aka bOb
    Reputation: bdundee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    8,020
    What size?

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    39
    I got my x9 Beargrease at FreeWheel Bike in Minneapolis for $2,700.00. I absolutely love it!

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Trekmogul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    141
    The model I am refering to is the top Carbon Model that lists for $5500.00 USD. What are people actually paying for this model and how much are they getting off of list price..?

  8. #8
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,807
    i couldn't even fathom riding a fatty @ 26 lbs. **** mines 33 lb and feels light!

    maybe someday......

    rog

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    898
    I bought my X9 Beargrease last November and got 15% off MSRP. At this time of year you can probably get a better discount than that.
    There are three kinds of people: those of us that are good at math and those that are not.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Trekmogul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by newmarketrog View Post
    i couldn't even fathom riding a fatty @ 26 lbs. **** mines 33 lb and feels light!

    maybe someday......

    rog
    Hi there, I have not bought it yet, however today may be the day that I do. I think it has to be one of the best models around at the moment. Its there Flagship Model @ $5500.00 MSRP

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    487
    The real costs are in the components, with that weight and cost it must have some great components. I would check that out, if they are it seem like a good price.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GTR2ebike's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,872
    Are you looking for a large?

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Trekmogul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    141
    I am about to pull the trigger on a brand new in the box XX1 and wondering what others had to pay for theres..? List id $5500.00 Whom else also owns a XX1 beargrease 2014..?

  14. #14
    aka bOb
    Reputation: bdundee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    8,020
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekmogul View Post
    I am about to pull the trigger on a brand new in the box XX1 and wondering what others had to pay for theres..? List id $5500.00 Whom else also owns a XX1 beargrease 2014..?
    It all depends, do you have a good relations with the shop? Do you do trail work or promote the sport or are you just some Joe Blow walking into shop looking for a sweet deal? That being said our LBS has a XX1 left over and he is willing to deal so maybe the shop you are working with will as well. I'm not going to tell you a price do to said reasons above though. Just ask them can you do better on the price, simple as that.

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Trekmogul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by bdundee View Post
    It all depends, do you have a good relations with the shop? Do you do trail work or promote the sport or are you just some Joe Blow walking into shop looking for a sweet deal? That being said our LBS has a XX1 left over and he is willing to deal so maybe the shop you are working with will as well. I'm not going to tell you a price do to said reasons above though. Just ask them can you do better on the price, simple as that.
    So if I am just "JOE BLOW it makes a difference what I have to pay..? What if i already spent 10's of $1000.00's at a shop, does that also make a difference..

  16. #16
    aka bOb
    Reputation: bdundee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    8,020
    [QUOTE=Trekmogul;11262363]So if I am just "JOE BLOW it makes a difference what I have to pay..? What if i already spent 10's of $1000.00's at a shop, does that also make a difference..

    yes it sure can

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Trekmogul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    141
    I just made a offer @ my LBS on a XX1 Fatty and told him if he can sell it to me for that to go ahead and order it in asap. Already bought 3 bikes this week and i really should stop..

  18. #18
    aka bOb
    Reputation: bdundee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    8,020
    sweet hopefully it works out for you

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekmogul View Post
    I am about to pull the trigger on a brand new in the box XX1 and wondering what others had to pay for theres..? List id $5500.00 Whom else also owns a XX1 beargrease 2014..?
    I have had a few prices here in oz that are around $5k AU so you shouldn't be paying anywhere near the $5.5k you mentioned in the US
    Cheers
    Ip

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Trekmogul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by ironpo View Post
    I have had a few prices here in oz that are around $5k AU so you shouldn't be paying anywhere near the $5.5k you mentioned in the US
    Cheers
    Ip
    $5500.00 US is MSRP on the XX1..Was looking to get into one about $4500.00 USD
    Trek Equinox 9.9 TTL, Trek Madone 6.9 Project One, Trek Fuel 9.5, Trek Fuel 9.0, Trek Rumblefish Pro, Trek Remedy 9.9,BGXX1

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    164
    If you had a local shop with one on the floor, maybe you could get it for that price. I'll be shocked if any dealer would order one, and then sell it for $4,500, unless you're a family member.

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Trekmogul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyB View Post
    If you had a local shop with one on the floor, maybe you could get it for that price. I'll be shocked if any dealer would order one, and then sell it for $4,500, unless you're a family member.
    I can always go up on hte price if need be. Mabe with hte new model coming out soon, there will be a drop in price on 2014's..?
    Trek Equinox 9.9 TTL, Trek Madone 6.9 Project One, Trek Fuel 9.5, Trek Fuel 9.0, Trek Rumblefish Pro, Trek Remedy 9.9,BGXX1

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    164
    My LBS told me the 2015 Beargrease is going to be different. No details yet, but I won't be surprised if it's a redesign around the Bluto. I would hope to see an offering with a Bluto as well. I think you'll see a lot of the '15 offerings coming with a Bluto, and at the price point you're looking to spend, you may want to consider that option. Beargrease in L or XL take a Bluto without issue, the Med is very tight for frame clearance.

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Trekmogul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyB View Post
    My LBS told me the 2015 Beargrease is going to be different. No details yet, but I won't be surprised if it's a redesign around the Bluto. I would hope to see an offering with a Bluto as well. I think you'll see a lot of the '15 offerings coming with a Bluto, and at the price point you're looking to spend, you may want to consider that option. Beargrease in L or XL take a Bluto without issue, the Med is very tight for frame clearance.
    The only MODEL I am interested in is the (XX1) Beargrease. Its not that i am cheap, i just like trying to chisel them down on the bike since i really dont need one..
    Trek Equinox 9.9 TTL, Trek Madone 6.9 Project One, Trek Fuel 9.5, Trek Fuel 9.0, Trek Rumblefish Pro, Trek Remedy 9.9,BGXX1

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    5,091
    Hey, what is the msrp of that flagship model you are looking at? I don't know if you have mentioned that yet.

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Trekmogul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by jonshonda View Post
    hey, what is the msrp of that flagship model you are looking at? I don't know if you have mentioned that yet.
    $5500.00 usd
    Trek Equinox 9.9 TTL, Trek Madone 6.9 Project One, Trek Fuel 9.5, Trek Fuel 9.0, Trek Rumblefish Pro, Trek Remedy 9.9,BGXX1

  27. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,154
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekmogul View Post
    Its not that i am cheap, i just like trying to chisel them down on the bike since i really dont need one..
    You're an a**hole.

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Trekmogul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    141

    Lightong on Beargrease

    Show me what type of lighting everyone is running on there XX1 Beargrease..? I am thinking a nice Lupine Betty R 4500 Lumens would be awesome..
    Trek Equinox 9.9 TTL, Trek Madone 6.9 Project One, Trek Fuel 9.5, Trek Fuel 9.0, Trek Rumblefish Pro, Trek Remedy 9.9,BGXX1

  29. #29
    aka bOb
    Reputation: bdundee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    8,020
    Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    You're an a**hole.
    <a*href="http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php" title="Smiley"><img src="http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-signs013.gif" alt="Smiley" border="0" /></a>

  30. #30
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,807
    Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    You're an a**hole.
    haha, ya the do0sh would last 3 seconds in my shop

    rog

  31. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    5,091
    Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    You're an a**hole.

    I have seen a lot of a$$holes riding bikes, most of them are on beargreases.

    So OP is Beargrease?

  32. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Trekmogul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    141
    LBS finally came around to my way of thinking..Paying price i quoted on XX1..
    Trek Equinox 9.9 TTL, Trek Madone 6.9 Project One, Trek Fuel 9.5, Trek Fuel 9.0, Trek Rumblefish Pro, Trek Remedy 9.9,BGXX1

  33. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Trekmogul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    141

    HED Carbon Wheel Set for XX1

    Can someone post me a link to where I can purchase a set of HED Carbon Wheels for a XX1 beargrease..Thanks..
    Trek Equinox 9.9 TTL, Trek Madone 6.9 Project One, Trek Fuel 9.5, Trek Fuel 9.0, Trek Rumblefish Pro, Trek Remedy 9.9,BGXX1

  34. #34
    aka bOb
    Reputation: bdundee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    8,020
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekmogul View Post
    Can someone post me a link to where I can purchase a set of HED Carbon Wheels for a XX1 beargrease..Thanks..
    Nope.

    Edit: I'm sure your LBS could help with getting you some.

  35. #35
    Rocking on a Rocky
    Reputation: RockyJo1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,348
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekmogul View Post
    Can someone post me a link to where I can purchase a set of HED Carbon Wheels for a XX1 beargrease..Thanks..
    Let me google that for you
    It doesn't matter what I ride as long as I ride it Rubber Side Down●~●.

  36. #36
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Trekmogul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    141

    XX1 is ordered

    Should be snaggin the new XX1 sometime towards mid week as soon as LBS gets it in.I told them I want a new one in the box that nobody has jecked with.They did comply..No we need to snag us a pair of HED Carbons for it..
    Trek Equinox 9.9 TTL, Trek Madone 6.9 Project One, Trek Fuel 9.5, Trek Fuel 9.0, Trek Rumblefish Pro, Trek Remedy 9.9,BGXX1

  37. #37
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,807
    ^^^^^^^^you better be fast.

    rog

  38. #38
    aka bOb
    Reputation: bdundee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    8,020
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekmogul View Post
    Should be snaggin the new XX1 sometime towards mid week as soon as LBS gets it in.I told them I want a new one in the box that nobody has jecked with.They did comply..No we need to snag us a pair of HED Carbons for it..
    And we shall all bow down, we are not worthy!

  39. #39
    poser Administrator
    Reputation: rockcrusher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    9,047
    dafuq did i just read?
    Try this: HTFU

  40. #40
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,807
    Quote Originally Posted by newmarketrog View Post
    ^^^^^^^^you better be fast.

    rog
    ^^^^that was directed at dorkmogul.

    rog

  41. #41
    aka bOb
    Reputation: bdundee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    8,020
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyJo1 View Post
    I fixed it for ya

    Let me google that for you

  42. #42
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekmogul View Post
    Should be snaggin the new XX1 sometime towards mid week as soon as LBS gets it in.I told them I want a new one in the box that nobody has jecked with.They did comply..No we need to snag us a pair of HED Carbons for it..
    Which shop did you end up ordering your xx1
    Cheers
    Ip

  43. #43
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Trekmogul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    141
    https://www.hedcycling.com/bigdeal/ Wheel issue resolved..! I9 Hubs and colored laces..
    Trek Equinox 9.9 TTL, Trek Madone 6.9 Project One, Trek Fuel 9.5, Trek Fuel 9.0, Trek Rumblefish Pro, Trek Remedy 9.9,BGXX1

  44. #44
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Trekmogul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    141
    Will be ready to be picked up this coming Friday Morning. Told LBS that I want to see the bike still in the box before they start to build it, so that i can see them assemble it in front of me..
    Trek Equinox 9.9 TTL, Trek Madone 6.9 Project One, Trek Fuel 9.5, Trek Fuel 9.0, Trek Rumblefish Pro, Trek Remedy 9.9,BGXX1

  45. #45
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,807
    ^^^^^^we've been had. nice trolling

    rog

  46. #46
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by newmarketrog View Post
    ^^^^^^we've been had. nice trolling

    rog
    Yes
    I was thinking this might have been the case a few posts back
    Either way this "customer "seems a bit of A hole
    Cheers
    Ip

  47. #47
    poser Administrator
    Reputation: rockcrusher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    9,047
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekmogul View Post
    Will be ready to be picked up this coming Friday Morning. Told LBS that I want to see the bike still in the box before they start to build it, so that i can see them assemble it in front of me..
    My advice is to show up with a six pack of beers or a platter of homemade brownies, when you are there to watch. It'll make them much more receptive to your demands. For bike shops it isn't just about money, a little humanity will go a long way. It'll also help them remember your humanity when you bring it back for tweaks, tune ups and concerns. If you grease the right parts it'll go a long way to keeping that part running well.
    Try this: HTFU

  48. #48
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Trekmogul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by rockcrusher View Post
    My advice is to show up with a six pack of beers or a platter of homemade brownies, when you are there to watch. It'll make them much more receptive to your demands. For bike shops it isn't just about money, a little humanity will go a long way. It'll also help them remember your humanity when you bring it back for tweaks, tune ups and concerns. If you grease the right parts it'll go a long way to keeping that part running well.
    I am not new to buying bikes from this LBS. Over the last several years I have bought more then a dozen brand new high end bikes from them. I treat them quite well matter a fact. Cookies and Lunch always on build day etc etc.. So when i ask certain things of them, they usually agree.. I look forward to getting this XX1 and taking it along to Trek Days next Sunday..
    Trek Equinox 9.9 TTL, Trek Madone 6.9 Project One, Trek Fuel 9.5, Trek Fuel 9.0, Trek Rumblefish Pro, Trek Remedy 9.9,BGXX1

  49. #49
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Trekmogul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    141

    Skinz fat bike stand..

    I just ordered the Skinz Fat Bike Stand from Amazon and was currious to what others are using for there XX1..?
    Trek Equinox 9.9 TTL, Trek Madone 6.9 Project One, Trek Fuel 9.5, Trek Fuel 9.0, Trek Rumblefish Pro, Trek Remedy 9.9,BGXX1

  50. #50
    aka bOb
    Reputation: bdundee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    8,020
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekmogul View Post
    I just ordered the Skinz Fat Bike Stand from Amazon and was currious to what others are using for there XX1..?
    I don't have a Beargrease but I have found that 4 pieces of 2x4's screwed together holds my fat bike up great.

  51. #51
    Rocking on a Rocky
    Reputation: RockyJo1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,348
    Quote Originally Posted by bdundee View Post
    I don't have a Beargrease but I have found that 4 pieces of 2x4's screwed together holds my fat bike up great.
    I used leftover cedar 4x4s from my deck.
    It doesn't matter what I ride as long as I ride it Rubber Side Down●~●.

  52. #52
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Trekmogul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekmogul View Post
    I just ordered the Skinz Fat Bike Stand from Amazon and was currious to what others are using for there XX1..?
    SKINZ PROTECTIVE GEAR Looks quite stable enough plus I like the Red One..Amazon prime had it 20.00 cheapers for only 80 clams..
    Trek Equinox 9.9 TTL, Trek Madone 6.9 Project One, Trek Fuel 9.5, Trek Fuel 9.0, Trek Rumblefish Pro, Trek Remedy 9.9,BGXX1

  53. #53
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Trekmogul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    141

    Platform's for Beargrease

    Wasnt sure on what set of platforms to slap on the XX1 but thought these would be a great starter set.. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Last edited by Trekmogul; 06-15-2014 at 03:45 PM.
    Trek Equinox 9.9 TTL, Trek Madone 6.9 Project One, Trek Fuel 9.5, Trek Fuel 9.0, Trek Rumblefish Pro, Trek Remedy 9.9,BGXX1

  54. #54
    All fat, all the time.
    Reputation: Shark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    7,277
    The bragging is very impressive in this thread

  55. #55
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    113
    What do owners of the bg think of the brakes that come with it?
    How do they compare to XT for EG
    Cheers
    Ip

  56. #56
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Trekmogul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by ironpo View Post
    What do owners of the bg think of the brakes that come with it?
    How do they compare to XT for EG
    Cheers
    Ip
    Well what Fatty yah thinking of snagging now..? I didnt use no scientific approach when i bought mine on Friday. The LBS had a Salsa open house and i stopped over to see what a Fat Bike looked like and when i seen that XX1 I had ask if i could take it for a spin. I knew I was getting one after about 2 minutes on it. I am a trek man but for the first time, i am drifting of coarse.. I just want it to put around with when the grandkids come over..
    Trek Equinox 9.9 TTL, Trek Madone 6.9 Project One, Trek Fuel 9.5, Trek Fuel 9.0, Trek Rumblefish Pro, Trek Remedy 9.9,BGXX1

  57. #57
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by ironpo View Post
    What do owners of the bg think of the brakes that come with it?
    How do they compare to XT for EG
    Cheers
    Ip
    Hey ironpro havnt you ordered that thing yet. Just remember there will always be a better choice the day after you spend the $. As long as you accept this you will be happy.

    i go xt anytime. But currently have xo's and so far so good.

  58. #58
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by Aidsfromoz View Post
    Hey ironpro havnt you ordered that thing yet. Just remember there will always be a better choice the day after you spend the $. As long as you accept this you will be happy.

    i go xt anytime. But currently have xo's and so far so good.
    Not yet!!!!
    Being the weekend over there , just waiting for some emails today on final details (offers) on shipping etc before I make the desicion
    So your XO brakes all good (I've never used em X T all the way for me which I would get on the lameere but SRAM on the BG)
    Cheers
    Ip

  59. #59
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Trekmogul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by ironpo View Post
    Not yet!!!!
    Being the weekend over there , just waiting for some emails today on final details (offers) on shipping etc before I make the desicion
    So your XO brakes all good (I've never used em X T all the way for me which I would get on the lameere but SRAM on the BG)
    Cheers
    Ip
    My XX1 will be ready for pickup Friday Morning..! Looking forward to giving it a whirl at trek Days this coming Sunday
    Trek Equinox 9.9 TTL, Trek Madone 6.9 Project One, Trek Fuel 9.5, Trek Fuel 9.0, Trek Rumblefish Pro, Trek Remedy 9.9,BGXX1

  60. #60
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Trekmogul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    141

    My XX1 Beargrease has arrived..!

    Arrived a day early and pleasantly surprised. Picked my first FATTY up this morning about 6am. LBS Owner met me early as he knew i didnt want to wait all day for it..

    SALSA BEARGREASE Carbon Machine-trek-s-resized.jpg
    Trek Equinox 9.9 TTL, Trek Madone 6.9 Project One, Trek Fuel 9.5, Trek Fuel 9.0, Trek Rumblefish Pro, Trek Remedy 9.9,BGXX1

  61. #61
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,807
    ummm, nice spoke reflectors, guy.

    rog

  62. #62
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Trekmogul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by newmarketrog View Post
    ummm, nice spoke reflectors, guy.

    rog
    GONE!!! Was busy this morning and that is usally the 1st thing to go along with the junk peddles that came with it..
    Last edited by Trekmogul; 06-19-2014 at 11:09 AM.
    Trek Equinox 9.9 TTL, Trek Madone 6.9 Project One, Trek Fuel 9.5, Trek Fuel 9.0, Trek Rumblefish Pro, Trek Remedy 9.9,BGXX1

  63. #63
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,807
    i just can't believe that the guy/gal that built it up left those damn things on your wheels.

    rog

  64. #64
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    986
    Just curious why you chose that over the Trek? A friend of mine got a very nice Lg Farley built up sub 28 lbs with a Lefty.
    SALSA BEARGREASE Carbon Machine-trek_5.jpg
    Lucky neighbor of Maryland's Patapsco Valley State Park, 39.23,-76.76 Flickr

  65. #65
    aka bOb
    Reputation: bdundee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    8,020
    I'm guessing he got you in early to keep you away from his employees.

  66. #66
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Trekmogul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by shoo View Post
    Just curious why you chose that over the Trek? A friend of mine got a very nice Lg Farley built up sub 28 lbs with a Lefty.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Trek_5.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	94.8 KB 
ID:	902204
    It was a spur of the moment decision as my LBS had SALSA Days here last Tuesday and I was invited to see the bikes they had to offer. I was planning on going just to go and hang out as I would NEVER consider buying anything but a TREK... Wrong I was..Reason..? No paticular reason, it just happen to speak to me and thats all I need to buy another bike...
    Trek Equinox 9.9 TTL, Trek Madone 6.9 Project One, Trek Fuel 9.5, Trek Fuel 9.0, Trek Rumblefish Pro, Trek Remedy 9.9,BGXX1

  67. #67
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    986
    Thanks. Bikes do have a way of doing that... Enjoy!
    Lucky neighbor of Maryland's Patapsco Valley State Park, 39.23,-76.76 Flickr

  68. #68
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Trekmogul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by bdundee View Post
    I'm guessing he got you in early to keep you away from his employees.
    When we assume things thats usually exactly what it is..A Assumption..I already finish my morning ride by then and ask if i could meet up with owner and take it home..Already been added to the modest fleet..Wondering what upgrades the new XX1 will get..?
    Trek Equinox 9.9 TTL, Trek Madone 6.9 Project One, Trek Fuel 9.5, Trek Fuel 9.0, Trek Rumblefish Pro, Trek Remedy 9.9,BGXX1

  69. #69
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Trekmogul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    141

    FAT BIKE Stand

    I just want to say this is one fine crafted and robust bike stand.


    SALSA BEARGREASE Carbon Machine-trek-tt.jpg
    Trek Equinox 9.9 TTL, Trek Madone 6.9 Project One, Trek Fuel 9.5, Trek Fuel 9.0, Trek Rumblefish Pro, Trek Remedy 9.9,BGXX1

  70. #70
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    5,091
    ^ Looks like a fancy stand for water bottles.

  71. #71
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,807
    I suppose. Especially if you don't have walls.

    rog

  72. #72
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Trekmogul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    141

    Green Pedals for XX1

    Just ordered these for my XX1 in green to go with bike. I had bought a pair already in black and will just keep those as a extra pair..Amazon.com : Loaded AmX Signature Freeride/Downhill 9/16-Inch Pedal, 12.9mm Profile Height (Green) : Bike Pedals : Sports & Outdoors
    Trek Equinox 9.9 TTL, Trek Madone 6.9 Project One, Trek Fuel 9.5, Trek Fuel 9.0, Trek Rumblefish Pro, Trek Remedy 9.9,BGXX1

  73. #73
    mtbr member
    Reputation: floorguy724's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    350

    SALSA BEARGREASE Carbon Machine

    Good for you!!! I just ordered a Salsa Beargrease (x9 model) as well.

    I'm coming off of a 36lb Mukluk and can't wait!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  74. #74
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Trekmogul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    141

    2 Carbon Models..?

    Quote Originally Posted by floorguy724 View Post
    Good for you!!! I just ordered a Salsa Beargrease (x9 model) as well.

    I'm coming off of a 36lb Mukluk and can't wait!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Is what you also ordered a Carbon Bike and if so, I had no idea there was more then one model. Mine is the XX1
    Trek Equinox 9.9 TTL, Trek Madone 6.9 Project One, Trek Fuel 9.5, Trek Fuel 9.0, Trek Rumblefish Pro, Trek Remedy 9.9,BGXX1

  75. #75
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekmogul View Post
    Is what you also ordered a Carbon Bike and if so, I had no idea there was more then one model. Mine is the XX1
    Yes the Beargrease carbon comes in two builds either XX1 or X9 kit.

  76. #76
    mtbr member
    Reputation: floorguy724's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    350
    Yes. The X9 model is the lower model which is the exact same frame and fork.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

  77. #77
    aka bOb
    Reputation: bdundee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    8,020
    Lots of people on here have XX1 groupo fatties, doesn't necessarily mean it's a Beargrease.

  78. #78
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Trekmogul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    141

    Thule T2 Fat Bike Mounts

    Amazon.com : Thule 919 T2 Fat Tire Kit : Sports Outdoors : Sports & Outdoors I was wondering how I was to transport my Beargrease around on my Thule Rack and Waa laa what a pleasant surprise. This kit just came in this afternoon and in about 10 minutes I had the new Fat Bike Thule Kit for my t2 rack. This is fantastic. There is even a pad on the strap that goves over the rim so when you tighten it down you dont scratch your shiney new rims..
    Trek Equinox 9.9 TTL, Trek Madone 6.9 Project One, Trek Fuel 9.5, Trek Fuel 9.0, Trek Rumblefish Pro, Trek Remedy 9.9,BGXX1

  79. #79
    mtbr member
    Reputation: floorguy724's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    350

    Re: SALSA BEARGREASE Carbon Machine

    Quote Originally Posted by bdundee View Post
    Lots of people on here have XX1 groupo fatties, doesn't necessarily mean it's a Beargrease.
    LoL, I'm almost certain that my x9 Beargrease will soon be a XX1 or XO1 by the time I'm done with it lol.

    Btw-Anyone want a 17" Mukluk 3 for a deal? lol!

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

  80. #80
    aka bOb
    Reputation: bdundee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    8,020
    Quote Originally Posted by floorguy724 View Post
    LoL, I'm almost certain that my x9 Beargrease will soon be a XX1 or XO1 by the time I'm done with it lol.
    So here is the test will you still call it a Beargrease or a Beargrease XX1?

  81. #81
    mtbr member
    Reputation: floorguy724's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    350

    Re: SALSA BEARGREASE Carbon Machine

    Quote Originally Posted by bdundee View Post
    So here is the test will you still call it a Beargrease or a Beargrease XX1?
    Just plain Greasebear for me....

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

  82. #82
    aka bOb
    Reputation: bdundee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    8,020
    Quote Originally Posted by floorguy724 View Post
    Just plain Greasebear for me....
    Ding ding ding winner winner chicken dinner!!

  83. #83
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Trekmogul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    141

    Thule Rack & Beargrease XX1

    Wenr and bought the Thule Conversion Kit for Fat Bikes and I just want to say its a perfect fit and very easy to swap out. Plenty of room for a Fatty..SALSA BEARGREASE Carbon Machine-trek-resized-.jpgSALSA BEARGREASE Carbon Machine-trek-resized-b.jpg
    Trek Equinox 9.9 TTL, Trek Madone 6.9 Project One, Trek Fuel 9.5, Trek Fuel 9.0, Trek Rumblefish Pro, Trek Remedy 9.9,BGXX1

  84. #84
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,807
    i never pegged ya for a ford escape kinda guy, guy

    rog

  85. #85
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Trekmogul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by newmarketrog View Post
    i never pegged ya for a ford escape kinda guy, guy

    rog
    Just a vehicle for transporting bikes from trail is all..!
    Trek Equinox 9.9 TTL, Trek Madone 6.9 Project One, Trek Fuel 9.5, Trek Fuel 9.0, Trek Rumblefish Pro, Trek Remedy 9.9,BGXX1

  86. #86
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    7

    SALSA BEARGREASE Carbon Machine

    My "poor folks" x9 'Grease is amazing, but I never would have guessed you'd haul that thing around with an Escape, based on what I read you posting!

    At least haul it around right!

    2014 Salsa Carbon Beargrease x9
    2012 Specialized Camber Carbon Expert 29
    2013 Fuji Altamira 2.2c Di2

  87. #87
    aka bOb
    Reputation: bdundee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    8,020
    Quote Originally Posted by newmarketrog View Post
    i never pegged ya for a ford escape kinda guy, guy

    rog
    I suppose there is a lot of head room <a*href="http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php" title="Smiley"><img src="http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing021.gif" alt="Smiley" border="0" /></a> <a*href="http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php" title="Smiley"><img src="http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing021.gif" alt="Smiley" border="0" /></a>

  88. #88
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Trekmogul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboFredro View Post
    My "poor folks" x9 'Grease is amazing, but I never would have guessed you'd haul that thing around with an Escape, based on what I read you posting!

    At least haul it around right!

    I would actually prefer my Escape and a XX1 Beargrease on a Thule Rack..
    Trek Equinox 9.9 TTL, Trek Madone 6.9 Project One, Trek Fuel 9.5, Trek Fuel 9.0, Trek Rumblefish Pro, Trek Remedy 9.9,BGXX1

  89. #89
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    7

    SALSA BEARGREASE Carbon Machine

    Uh huh, I'm sure you would ...
    2014 Salsa Carbon Beargrease x9
    2012 Specialized Camber Carbon Expert 29
    2013 Fuji Altamira 2.2c Di2

  90. #90
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Trekmogul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    141
    SALSA BEARGREASE Carbon Machine-trek-qq.jpgThen I always have room for my RUMBLEFISH Pro
    Trek Equinox 9.9 TTL, Trek Madone 6.9 Project One, Trek Fuel 9.5, Trek Fuel 9.0, Trek Rumblefish Pro, Trek Remedy 9.9,BGXX1

  91. #91
    aka bOb
    Reputation: bdundee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    8,020
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekmogul View Post
    Then I always have room for my RUMBLEFISH Pro
    <a*href="http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php" title="Smiley"><img src="http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-sleep004.gif" alt="Smiley" border="0" /></a>

  92. #92
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,807
    trekmogul's escape must have a sunroof (a big one). x9 guy with OVERpriced nissan should listen to trekmogul. xx1 and escape=win

    rog

  93. #93
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Trekmogul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    141

    Matching Green Platforms

    Had bought a pair of O Neal Azonic 420 Platforms in black for the XX1 then just came upon these to match the hubs etc..Anyone ever use these..?Amazon.com : Loaded AmX Signature Freeride/Downhill 9/16-Inch Pedal, 12.9mm Profile Height (Green) : Bike Pedals : Sports & Outdoors
    Trek Equinox 9.9 TTL, Trek Madone 6.9 Project One, Trek Fuel 9.5, Trek Fuel 9.0, Trek Rumblefish Pro, Trek Remedy 9.9,BGXX1

  94. #94
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    5,091
    Quote Originally Posted by bdundee View Post
    I suppose there is a lot of head room <a*href="http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php" title="Smiley"><img src="http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing021.gif" alt="Smiley" border="0" /></a> <a*href="http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php" title="Smiley"><img src="http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing021.gif" alt="Smiley" border="0" /></a>
    I haven't seen if OP had ordered a helmet yet...this site might be able to help. Bike Helmets for Large Heads

  95. #95
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Trekmogul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by jonshonda View Post
    I haven't seen if OP had ordered a helmet yet...this site might be able to help. Bike Helmets for Large Heads
    We dont believe in a helmet here...Messes up ones hairdo
    Trek Equinox 9.9 TTL, Trek Madone 6.9 Project One, Trek Fuel 9.5, Trek Fuel 9.0, Trek Rumblefish Pro, Trek Remedy 9.9,BGXX1

  96. #96
    All fat, all the time.
    Reputation: Shark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    7,277
    Might want to check how you have the arm on the tire, unless it's just like that for the pic....
    Thule Transport T2 Manual (Page 5 of 12)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekmogul View Post
    Wenr and bought the Thule Conversion Kit for Fat Bikes and I just want to say its a perfect fit and very easy to swap out. Plenty of room for a Fatty..Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Trek Resized A.jpg 
Views:	823 
Size:	179.8 KB 
ID:	902592Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trek Resized B.jpg 
Views:	1218 
Size:	180.3 KB 
ID:	902593

  97. #97
    beer thief
    Reputation: radair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    4,682
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark View Post
    Might want to check how you have the arm on the tire, unless it's just like that for the pic....
    Thule Transport T2 Manual (Page 5 of 12)
    My thoughts exactly. Not the 1st time I have seen someone screw that up.

  98. #98
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Trekmogul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by radair View Post
    My thoughts exactly. Not the 1st time I have seen someone screw that up.
    I am quite aware how it mounts up on the fork, I just was taking a couple quick pics of the bike up on the rack was all. I have used that rack well over 1200 times and neveer had no issues with bikes..
    Trek Equinox 9.9 TTL, Trek Madone 6.9 Project One, Trek Fuel 9.5, Trek Fuel 9.0, Trek Rumblefish Pro, Trek Remedy 9.9,BGXX1

  99. #99
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Trekmogul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    141

    2015 Salsa Beargrease XX1 Upgrades..?

    Did I just buy a bike that will soon be out of date..? Any news or word if the XX1 will be updated..?
    Trek Equinox 9.9 TTL, Trek Madone 6.9 Project One, Trek Fuel 9.5, Trek Fuel 9.0, Trek Rumblefish Pro, Trek Remedy 9.9,BGXX1

  100. #100
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    164

    Beargrease Extinction

    Quote Originally Posted by Trekmogul View Post
    Did I just buy a bike that will soon be out of date..? Any news or word if the XX1 will be updated..?
    You paid clearance pricing for a reason, the BG is being redesigned for next season.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Salsa Carbon Beargrease First Ride
    By lawfarm in forum Fat bikes
    Replies: 167
    Last Post: 05-31-2014, 12:40 PM
  2. Salsa Beargrease is here on Friday!!!
    By mikeyonthemadone in forum Salsa
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 01-01-2014, 12:17 PM
  3. Salsa Beargrease Carbon: Quick first ride(s) review
    By Dogdude222 in forum Fat bikes
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-14-2013, 01:43 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-04-2013, 09:42 PM
  5. Salsa Beargrease
    By black cross in forum Fat bikes
    Replies: 207
    Last Post: 05-31-2013, 09:29 AM

Members who have read this thread: 1

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •