Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Nuts
    Hats off to him he is an excellent troll and A first class douche bag.
    And I love beer!!

mtbr member

Night Riding 4 Beargrease

Hoping to trick out this new plastic fatty with a Lupine Betty R 4500 Lumen Head Lamp quite soon..
    Trek Equinox 9.9 TTL, Trek Madone 6.9 Project One, Trek Fuel 9.5, Trek Fuel 9.0, Trek Rumblefish Pro, Trek Remedy 9.9,BGXX1

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekmogul View Post
    Hoping to trick out this new plastic fatty with a Lupine Betty R 4500 Lumen Head Lamp quite soon..
    You should probably send me one for testing too.

mtbr member
    May 2014
    what happened to the HED rims you had coming with the bike??
    cheers
    IP

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by bdundee View Post
    Hats off to him he is an excellent troll and A first class douche bag.
    yes
    spot on there , but the thread is still going
    it is certainly worth a laugh!!!!
    cheers
    IP

mtbr member
    Mar 2010

SALSA BEARGREASE Carbon Machine

Trek you should have a look at lightforce lights. Not sure if a dyna hub would power them but it would be badass. We use them on our rigs here for moose but for your yard it would really light things up. Probably a good idea to the get the HID version. The 9" model should be gtg. Hell while you are at it why not get a rohlhoff for that and make it an ebike. That would certainly make everyone think you are cool.
    Hopefully the HED rims work out for you always a good idea to save weight. It should balance out the weight of the studs on the dillenger tires you will be telling us you are ordering soon because you got an awesome deal and you are such bros that Amazon prime just air drops stuff to your house because you are such a good customer.
    If you haven't caught my drift you are awesome. Your stack of bike pics are awesome. My fav is the vehicle with a bike worth more posed on it. I know that it is just used for hauling the bike from the garage to the yard because it would be way to tall to get on your roof rack for you hummer h1 that you got a good deal on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by tundratrader View Post
    Trek you should have a look at lightforce lights. Not sure if a dyna hub would power them but it would be badass. We use them on our rigs here for moose but for your yard it would really light things up. Probably a good idea to the get the HID version. The 9" model should be gtg. Hell while you are at it why not get a rohlhoff for that and make it an ebike. That would certainly make everyone think you are cool.
    Hopefully the HED rims work out for you always a good idea to save weight. It should balance out the weight of the studs on the dillenger tires you will be telling us you are ordering soon because you got an awesome deal and you are such bros that Amazon prime just air drops stuff to your house because you are such a good customer.
    If you haven't caught my drift you are awesome. Your stack of bike pics are awesome. My fav is the vehicle with a bike worth more posed on it. I know that it is just used for hauling the bike from the garage to the yard because it would be way to tall to get on your roof rack for you hummer h1 that you got a good deal on.

That's funny
    :-)
    Cheers
    IP

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ironpo View Post
    what happened to the HED rims you had coming with the bike??
    cheers
    IP
    Ever buy a high end fatty ..?
    Trek Equinox 9.9 TTL, Trek Madone 6.9 Project One, Trek Fuel 9.5, Trek Fuel 9.0, Trek Rumblefish Pro, Trek Remedy 9.9,BGXX1

Nuts
    What does that have to do with anything? This now makes you a poser at being a poser. Yeah that makes sense, I think.
    And I love beer!!

mtbr member
    Mar 2010

Wait I thought you were about to by the 2015 top of the level model along with the bucksaw?

mtbr member
    Mar 2010

Ever buy 5 sets of high end pedals shipped overnight to find what matches best? Oh yeah you did that and said you would keep them as spares. I think the reason to buy good stuff is you don't need spares? Who in the hell needs spares for a bike that you have said countless times won't be off road much less anywhere besides the back of your awesome little SUV!

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Ohh yeah....well ever get a high end girl completely naked, and just stare at her sitting in your bed, waiting to be ridden?

Neither have I.

I don't even use a rimstrip w/ my high end girls, I just let the tubeless brew do all the work. Feels good man.

mtbr member
    SALSA BEARGREASE Carbon Machine-1aa.jpgAmazon.com had a blowout sale yesterday on these Fox Downhill Bike Pants and thought these would rock the Plastic Fatty. These were marked down from 189.00 to 99.00 and thought i would snap up a couple pair to match the beargrease..

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jonshonda View Post
    You should probably send me one for testing too.
    Lupine.COM USA will fill all your needs for $1175.00 for the new and upgraded Betty R hitting the shelves in USA 3 weeks. Snag yah one and i bet you will love it

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Lupine.COM USA will fill all your needs for $1175.00 for the new and upgraded Betty R hitting the shelves in USA 3 weeks. Snag yah one and i bet you will love it
    Interesting, they quoted me $1015.00 shipped for the Betty R because I had an aluminum 9ZERO7. It's not a high end bike, but I think the name 9ZERO7 just really makes people like me.

I ordered 4 because I want to be able to see my color matched fox dh shorts when I ride at night. I also got the same shorts you did for $50 from Amazon using my Prime membership...NEXT DAY SHIPPING!!.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
    No one is either stupid enough to waste $13,000+ on bike stuff in a couple weeks, or is rick enough to buy all that stuff and drive an OLD Ford Escape, or even a Ford Escape.
    We all know you're a troll.
    Big Wheels Keep On Rolling

Forth Eorlingas!

mtbr member
    Nov 2010

HED carbon wheelset.

Just finished installing the HED wheelset with red ano Salsa hubs. Did the tubeless conversion the way HED recommended with Gorilla tape and it worked. The beads fit tighter on this than any of my other wheels and they seat with a loud bang. I had my doubts about using Gorilla tape but the glue on there is very tacky. Selling my old wheelset to a friend to make a new fattie with a Bluto fork. Not the 21# weight others have shown for this but it was down to 23# 4oz with pedals and light mount. I put 4oz Stans sealant in each wheel as recommended, which was way too much so I might drain a little out. The Dillingers did not leak one drop of Stans and my bead only had a couple of dribbles in the past 24 hours. Only winter will tell if Stans works good in sub zero conditions.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SALSA BEARGREASE Carbon Machine-img_2762.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yetiski View Post
    Just finished installing the HED wheelset with red ano Salsa hubs. Did the tubeless conversion the way HED recommended with Gorilla tape and it worked. The beads fit tighter on this than any of my other wheels and they seat with a loud bang. I had my doubts about using Gorilla tape but the glue on there is very tacky. Selling my old wheelset to a friend to make a new fattie with a Bluto fork. Not the 21# weight others have shown for this but it was down to 23# 4oz with pedals and light mount. I put 4oz Stans sealant in each wheel as recommended, which was way too much so I might drain a little out. The Dillingers did not leak one drop of Stans and my bead only had a couple of dribbles in the past 24 hours. Only winter will tell if Stans works good in sub zero conditions.
    Looks really nice i must say and thanks for sharing. I also recently aquired me some HED Rims for one of new new Road Bikes.Great product..

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Very cool on the HED wheels. I was going to go with Carbondale rims for my Yampa build but there seems to be issues getting them so I too may be going the HED route.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    They made it easy and fast, I could send my old hubs and they would set them up or. My bike shop drop shipped the red anodized set to them and they even matched the nipple color and used some flat bladed spokes for the same price. The 9 day order was way quicker than I was expecting. After last year of everyone running out I am getting my parts early this year. I have had Dillinger studs on back order for 6mo and no one has any that I know of.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Yetiski View Post
    . I have had Dillinger studs on back order for 6mo and no one has any that I know of.
    Pick up some lightly used Nokian Extremes on Craigs List or E Bay and switch the studs over. It will likely be cheaper and you will have some extra studs just in case.
    Latitude 61

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I have some Nokian studs for spares and will only use them if I have to. They are super heavy and out weigh the 45nrth studs 10 / 1 because they are Steel / Carbide VS Aluminum / Carbide.

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Details of the 2015 Beargrease have just been posted on the Surly blog. They're bringing back the aluminum frame.

Salsa Cycles

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by asollie View Post
    Details of the 2015 Beargrease have just been posted on the Surly blog. They're bringing back the aluminum frame.

Salsa Cycles
    Now thats down right sweet looking and same list price as last years model..Hopefully i can beat on my LBS for a same low ball price as i got on my 2014 XX1.. Once can never have to many plastic bikes in there lineup..!

Nuts
    Now thats down right sweet looking and same list price as last years model..Hopefully i can beat on my LBS for a same low ball price as i got on my 2014 XX1..
    Now there's the d bag troll that has entertained me for so long. Sorry you have to sit and look at an outdated bike.
    And I love beer!!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast