Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    mtbr member
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekmogul View Post
    Now thats down right sweet looking and same list price as last years model..Hopefully i can beat on my LBS for a same low ball price as i got on my 2014 XX1.. Once can never have to many plastic bikes in there lineup..!
    Same price trek but this one comes WITH carbon rims
    Pretty good buying potty you missed out
    Cheers
    Ip

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Love the new bikes, glad they are spicing up the model line with lots of choices. Hope they make a 100mm rim bike with Dillinger 5s to compete with the Specialized which was a great first year bike. The competition will force new innovations from every brand and hopefully set some kind of standards for rear spacing.

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Yetiski View Post
    The competition will force new innovations from every brand and hopefully set some kind of standards for rear spacing.
    Yes
    A standard rear spacing would be great
    I'm keen on the 170 rear as I don't need a 5" tire
    But I would think it will settle down on the 190
    Cheers
    Ivp

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Most tires called 5" will fit great on the 170 / 177 rear. If I do a wider tire I might try a Dillinger 5 on front which should be 112mm on a 85mm rim. I ride rivers and creeks and feel the need for some studs for safety.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tundratrader View Post
    Trek you should have a look at lightforce lights. Not sure if a dyna hub would power them but it would be badass. We use them on our rigs here for moose but for your yard it would really light things up. Probably a good idea to the get the HID version. The 9" model should be gtg. Hell while you are at it why not get a rohlhoff for that and make it an ebike. That would certainly make everyone think you are cool.
    Hopefully the HED rims work out for you always a good idea to save weight. It should balance out the weight of the studs on the dillenger tires you will be telling us you are ordering soon because you got an awesome deal and you are such bros that Amazon prime just air drops stuff to your house because you are such a good customer.
    If you haven't caught my drift you are awesome. Your stack of bike pics are awesome. My fav is the vehicle with a bike worth more posed on it. I know that it is just used for hauling the bike from the garage to the yard because it would be way to tall to get on your roof rack for you hummer h1 that you got a good deal on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sounds like some pretty ignorant advice on using Motorized Vehicle Lights on a peddle bicycle. Also your drift sounds like its out in left field ..
    Trek Equinox 9.9 TTL, Trek Madone 6.9 Project One, Trek Fuel 9.5, Trek Fuel 9.0, Trek Rumblefish Pro, Trek Remedy 9.9,BGXX1

mtbr member
    Ever buy 5 sets of high end pedals shipped overnight to find what matches best? Oh yeah you did that and said you would keep them as spares. I think the reason to buy good stuff is you don't need spares? Who in the hell needs spares for a bike that you have said countless times won't be off road much less anywhere besides the back of your awesome little SUV!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What one spends on peddles is really no concern of yours actually..
    Trek Equinox 9.9 TTL, Trek Madone 6.9 Project One, Trek Fuel 9.5, Trek Fuel 9.0, Trek Rumblefish Pro, Trek Remedy 9.9,BGXX1

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    What one spends on peddles is really no concern of yours actually..
    You make it everyones concern w/ your desire to post prices of the things you buy online. So shut up and take what you have coming.

mtbr member
    SALSA BEARGREASE Carbon Machine-1aaa.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by ironpo View Post
    what happened to the HED rims you had coming with the bike??
    cheers
    IP
    I did end up buying a set of HED H3D's for my new 2015 Trek Emonda Road Bike. Been side tracked with my new road bikes of late..

mtbr member

SALSA BEARGREASE Carbon Machine

Not any more out of left field than spending 25000 bucks on bike crap that you don't use!

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    They make helmets made of coconuts? Been looking for a nice coconut made helmet to protect my...err....cocunut...max I'd spend is $5500.

29ers Forever
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1AAA.jpg 
Views:	990 
Size:	180.6 KB 
ID:	910066I did end up buying a set of HED H3D's for my new 2015 Trek Emonda Road Bike. Been side tracked with my new road bikes of late..
    So let's see you have maybe 10 brand new bikes and have upgraded everything on them as well as tons of bike gear to not ride them.
    Well either you are a troll and are lying about everything, want to be a bully by bragging about things you don't have (but can take pics of because you work at a bike shop), or you are absolutely an idiot, but we all know that anyway.

mtbr member

2015 Salsa Beargrease XX1

Anyone put in there orders yet for the new XX1 Beargrease..? Sure looks to be a stellar performer and quite a update to my old version..

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Could you let us know what the retail is on it? I am sure you'll be going for the flagship model and everyone will be anxious to hear what it costs.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by goobernaculum View Post
    Could you let us know what the retail is on it? I am sure you'll be going for the flagship model and everyone will be anxious to hear what it costs.
    From what Salsa Rep told my LBS that it will remain at last years list price and yes if i decide to buy one, it would be the top shelf model..

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Trek, please tell us a little about yourself. What do you do for a living? I see you have a very organized desk. Maybe self-employed? Married, single? Are you wealthy? Have you ever ridden a mountain bike? What's your motivation in annoying everyone? You really got the fat-bike forum regulars going. You may be winning.

aka bOb
    He is definitely entertaining me or at least he was, he is starting to lose his troll powers. He needs to up his game some as I am becoming bored with this. Actually I think he is out of game.

mtbr member

Hopefully this is game over. The entertainment is gone. Guy is just a douche troll. He said he has been so busy kitting out his road bikes that after three days he quit pimping his fatty b

move on up...

dammit Trekmogul, i cant even negative rep you anymore today! LMAO

All fat, all the time.
    We all know you are trolling....you might as well get a plastic fishing boat & at least go catch some fish....please.
    I can find you an amazon link for a plastic fishin' pole too....

mtbr member
    Sep 2006

2015 Salsa Beargrease XX1

What are the changes to the frame, if any?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

aka bOb
    They should be calling it the xx1/x01 model now, not that there is really any difference.

mtbr member
    The 2015 XX1 BG is $5699. Nice big upgrade with the new wheels!

mtbr member
    Yeah good idea to buy another one that you won't be using troll. Yours would be the same with the HED rims you were supposed to be getting. The new one has the whisky rims. You are a total troll tool. Why isn't a moderated closing the threads he starts?

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Why isn't a moderated closing the threads he starts?
    Why don't we just stop taking the bait? That would stop the threads too.
    Latitude 61

move on up...
    Quote Originally Posted by sryanak View Post
    Agreed!

mtbr member
    At least they merged them. Instead of this idiot having two brag troll threads.

aka bOb
    Quote Originally Posted by sryanak View Post
    I like it!! I come here when I feel at yelling at the kids or the wife and need a good laugh it helps me to relieve some stress, that and beer.

Rocking on a Rocky
    Quote Originally Posted by bdundee View Post
    They should be calling it the xx1/x01 model now, not that there is really any difference.
    Offering a white one.
    It doesn't matter what I ride as long as I ride it Rubber Side Down●~●.

aka bOb
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyJo1 View Post
    Offering a white one.
    No dude sorry not what I meant, I kinda suck at this word thing. The bike is called an xx1 but it is only part xx1 and part xo1. I meant that there really isn't any difference between xx1 and xo1.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I have an XX1 and a XO1 crank and they are the same except color and chainring spider which I do not use. I bought Wolf tooth's spiderless for both bikes and I am impressed with how well they work and how tough they are.

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Anyone put in there orders yet for the new XX1 Beargrease..? Sure looks to be a stellar performer and quite a update to my old version..
    Yep
    I got one coming my way down to OZ
    Cheers
    Ip

aka bOb
    Quote Originally Posted by Yetiski View Post
    I have an XX1 and a XO1 crank and they are the same except color and chainring spider which I do not use. I bought Wolf tooth's spiderless for both bikes and I am impressed with how well they work and how tough they are.
    I agree, I have all x01 on my fattie and it is stellar. My point is how can they call it a Beargrease XX1 when it's not fully xx1? I actually like the x01 cassette better than the xx1

aka bOb
    Yep
    I got one coming my way down to OZ
    Cheers
    Ip
    I've been hoping you would find a way to pull it off. Sweet rig congrats!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    And the X01 cassette is lighter than the XX1 cassette ! 😊:-)

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by bdundee View Post
    I've been hoping you would find a way to pull it off. Sweet rig congrats!!
    Thanks mate
    I ended up getting my lbs to order one though the OZ supplier
    This is good news As I don't have to worry about shipping and duties etc

Downside it won't be here until the end sept, this is a bit of a drama as mrs IP loves my lamere as much as I do so we are " sharing" our one and only fatbike at the moment
    Cheers
    Ip

mtbr member
    So you snapping up one of the new 2015's or last years model the 2014..? I myself am thinking of bagging a 2015 sometime here in the fall for a overseas trip to SE Asia..Plan on selling it there after i ride it a bit..

mtbr member
    May 2014
    So you snapping up one of the new 2015's or last years model the 2014..? I myself am thinking of bagging a 2015 sometime here in the fall for a overseas trip to SE Asia..Plan on selling it there after i ride it a bit..
    I got a 2015 on the way
    Cheers
    Ip

mtbr member
    I got a 2015 on the way
    Cheers
    Ip
    great and cant wait to see pictures..I am also due for a new ride myself quite soon..!

mtbr member
    May 2014
    great and cant wait to see pictures..I am also due for a new ride myself quite soon..!
    You'll have to wait for pics
    Not due until sept
    Cheers
    Ip

mtbr member
    May 2014
    TreK M (or someone who might actually have one)can you please measure how wide your BB is at the frame
    Just the thickness of carbon frame not including the cups
    Cheers
    Ip

mtbr member
    TreK M (or someone who might actually have one)can you please measure how wide your BB is at the frame
    Cheers
    Ip
    Oh we actually have it and its no big deal to own it honestly..! Just had it out for a short stint in the yard and dropped the tire pressure to about 5lbs and that was really fun..

29ers Forever
    Oh we actually have it and its no big deal to own it honestly..! Just had it out for a short stint in the yard and dropped the tire pressure to about 5lbs and that was really fun..
    That wasn't the question.
    ironpro wanted you to measure something on "your" bike.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    I don't know if trekmogul is a troll. Maybe he just owns a lot of bikes and does not get to ride all of them.

29ers Forever
    Quote Originally Posted by AdventureRider View Post
    I don't know if trekmogul is a troll. Maybe he just owns a lot of bikes and does not get to ride all of them.
    Trek Mogul is a definite troll.
    Who else spends tens of thousands of dollars on bikes in one week to then not ride them?
    Why keep buying bikes if you don't ride the ones you currently have?
    Why doesn't he respond correctly to the questions he has been asked?

mtbr member
    Cheers
    Ip
    I am not 100% sure I understand exactly where that is, however if it is the width of the frame where the crank set is set in, that looks to be 12 MM ..?

workin' it Administrator
    I am not 100% sure I understand exactly where that is, however if it is the width of the frame where the crank set is set in, that looks to be 12 MM ..?
    I think he means across the BB parallel to the bottom bracket for the cranks. Though not sure what would be 12mm at the bb in general.
    Try this: HTFU

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rockcrusher View Post
    I think he means across the BB parallel to the bottom bracket for the cranks. Though not sure what would be 12mm at the bb in general.
    Can you sketch or show me where this is as I am not sure..

workin' it Administrator
    Can you sketch or show me where this is as I am not sure..
    the part of the frame that the front gizmo with the gears go through. The black plastic stuff.

It's a fine line you are walking here.
    Try this: HTFU

aka bOb
    Quote Originally Posted by rockcrusher View Post

It's a fine line you are walking here.
    Noooo please don't bin it! This thread is bringing me pleasure in some kind of weird way. Kinda like punching myself in the knuts.

mtbr member

Omg he said we have it!! Proof that he is a spam bot. He has no idea what a bottom bracket it yet owns how many bikes? This has become epic unreal.
    I agree Dundee I don't know what weird whatever but when I saw you posted I couldn't resist checking.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast