Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 101 to 150 of 313
  1. #101
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Trekmogul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyB View Post
    You paid clearance pricing for a reason, the BG is being redesigned for next season.
    Just have to get on the pre order for the next greatest I guess..
    Trek Equinox 9.9 TTL, Trek Madone 6.9 Project One, Trek Fuel 9.5, Trek Fuel 9.0, Trek Rumblefish Pro, Trek Remedy 9.9,BGXX1

  2. #102
    aka bOb
    Reputation: bdundee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    7,510
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekmogul View Post
    Just have to get on the pre order for the next greatest I guess..
    Maybe you should just worry about riding the one you have and not worry about the next so called "greatest". In the world of fat bikes they seem to be outdated as soon as they hit the floor. Remember what makes it the greatest to you doesn't necessarily make it the greatest to everyone.

    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/HY-03vYYAjA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

  3. #103
    All fat, all the time.
    Reputation: Shark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    6,736
    trolling trolling trolling....

  4. #104
    mtbr member
    Reputation: veloborealis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,014
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark View Post
    trolling trolling trolling....
    Keep them doggies trollin'...
    RAWHIDE!



    (Yes, I am that old.)
    The older I get the better I was...

  5. #105
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,807
    i'll give ya 400.00 dollars for your now expired plastic toy

    rog

  6. #106
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Trekmogul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    141
    I would like to buy a pair of these for my beargrease,however i am having no luck in finding someone whom has them in stock to purchase. They would look sweet mataching with the 45NRTH Tires..45NRTH
    Trek Equinox 9.9 TTL, Trek Madone 6.9 Project One, Trek Fuel 9.5, Trek Fuel 9.0, Trek Rumblefish Pro, Trek Remedy 9.9,BGXX1

  7. #107
    Clueless Bastard
    Reputation: WA-CO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    683
    What, exactly constitutes the best thread ever on MTBR? Could this be a contender?

  8. #108
    nothing to see here
    Reputation: Stevob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,234
    Nah, there's been some beauties. This is just a garden variety troll.
    I see hills.

    I want to climb them.

  9. #109
    Clueless Bastard
    Reputation: WA-CO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    683
    Insert sad face.

  10. #110
    Rocking on a Rocky
    Reputation: RockyJo1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,260
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyB View Post
    You paid clearance pricing for a reason, the BG is being redesigned for next season.
    Full suspension with carbon rims is the word from under the bridge.
    It doesn't matter what I ride as long as I ride it Rubber Side Down●~●.

  11. #111
    Clueless Bastard
    Reputation: WA-CO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    683
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyJo1 View Post
    Trek full suspension carbon with carbon rims is the word from under the Waterloo bridge.
    Fixed...

  12. #112
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    33
    This gets my vote for top five best ever. Trekmogul your killing me, please don't stop.

  13. #113
    Clueless Bastard
    Reputation: WA-CO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    683
    TrekMogull,

    Lupine lights are good, but have you looked at these?

    Name:  images.jpg
Views: 562
Size:  30.9 KB

    Perfect upgrade for your $5500 xx1 beargrease.

  14. #114
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Trekmogul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    141

    Smith MTBike Helmet

    Thinking this would be a great coconut protector and the trim of beargrease and the helmet liner match up pretty closely.Amazon.com : Smith Optics Forefront All Mountain Bike Helmet : Sports & Outdoors
    Trek Equinox 9.9 TTL, Trek Madone 6.9 Project One, Trek Fuel 9.5, Trek Fuel 9.0, Trek Rumblefish Pro, Trek Remedy 9.9,BGXX1

  15. #115
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Welnic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    861
    Whenever I'm beach riding and I harvest coconuts I figure that they are on their own if I then crash. I think that they are pretty tough and don't really need a helmet.

  16. #116
    aka bOb
    Reputation: bdundee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    7,510
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekmogul View Post
    Thinking this would be a great coconut protector and the trim of beargrease and the helmet liner match up pretty closely.Amazon.com : Smith Optics Forefront All Mountain Bike Helmet : Sports & Outdoors
    ...........
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/0NO6UrWBJH4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

  17. #117
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,564
    OP, I assume you will absolutely crush the next race with that fine machine, otherwise you will have achieved uber-poseur status in less than a month. It's a fine stable of bikes you keep- I hope they get used thoroughly.

  18. #118
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyJo1 View Post
    Full suspension with carbon rims is the word from under the bridge.
    Defanatly. getting the carbon rims , and they will stay the same price as this years XX1 with the said rims (rumour is they will be heds but I'm not sure of this)
    Not sure about the suspension though

    Looks like trekmogal might need to upgrade pretty soon
    Lol
    Cheers
    Ip

  19. #119
    Clueless Bastard
    Reputation: WA-CO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    683
    Hold on...Everybody just wait a one goddammned minute. Are Trekmogul and ironpo the same pupp..er person? Neither can spell worth a f*ck.

  20. #120
    Clueless Bastard
    Reputation: WA-CO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    683
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekmogul View Post
    Thinking this would be a great coconut protector and the trim of beargrease and the helmet liner match up pretty closely.Amazon.com : Smith Optics Forefront All Mountain Bike Helmet : Sports & Outdoors
    Only if you rock it with sexy time things....Hubba Chubba
    Name:  images[2].jpg
Views: 475
Size:  6.2 KB

  21. #121
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by WA-CO View Post
    Hold on...Everybody just wait a one goddammned minute. Are Trekmogul and ironpo the same pupp..er person? Neither can spell worth a f*ck.
    We could well be !!!
    But I do apologise for myself and trekmogul , I didn't reliese that if I word is spelt wrong the world would collapse in on itself
    Cheers
    Ip

  22. #122
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Trekmogul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by deuxdiesel View Post
    OP, I assume you will absolutely crush the next race with that fine machine, otherwise you will have achieved uber-poseur status in less than a month. It's a fine stable of bikes you keep- I hope they get used thoroughly.
    uber-poseur is what they call it..? Hmmmnever thought of it that way...
    Trek Equinox 9.9 TTL, Trek Madone 6.9 Project One, Trek Fuel 9.5, Trek Fuel 9.0, Trek Rumblefish Pro, Trek Remedy 9.9,BGXX1

  23. #123
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,112
    Trekmogul - Even though I think you're a dick if you want one of those Forefronts let me know. I will be happy to sell you one for more than you think it should cost, we have most colors in stock and all sizes.

    WA-CO I want those socks!

  24. #124
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Trekmogul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Trekmogul - Even though I think you're a dick if you want one of those Forefronts let me know. I will be happy to sell you one for more than you think it should cost, we have most colors in stock and all sizes.

    WA-CO I want those socks!
    I dont buy nothing 2nd hand from anyone..Want everything new in the box unopened and sealed. There is no need for me to let you know nothing..
    Trek Equinox 9.9 TTL, Trek Madone 6.9 Project One, Trek Fuel 9.5, Trek Fuel 9.0, Trek Rumblefish Pro, Trek Remedy 9.9,BGXX1

  25. #125
    workin' it Administrator
    Reputation: rockcrusher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    8,828
    Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Trekmogul - Even though I think you're a dick if you want one of those Forefronts let me know. I will be happy to sell you one for more than you think it should cost, we have most colors in stock and all sizes.

    WA-CO I want those socks!
    see above. I would expect from that comment that he has a store and is offering to sell you a helmet from said store, new and unopened. Save a local merchant from loosing a sale to amazon. And ditto on those socks. I would rock those all over, not just on the bike!

    Quote Originally Posted by Trekmogul View Post
    I dont buy nothing 2nd hand from anyone..Want everything new in the box unopened and sealed. There is no need for me to let you know nothing..
    Try this: HTFU

  26. #126
    aka bOb
    Reputation: bdundee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    7,510
    Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Trekmogul - Even though I think you're a dick
    Don't sugar coat it man, just say how you really feel<a*href="http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php" title="Smiley"><img src="http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing014.gif" alt="Smiley" border="0" /></a>

  27. #127
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,112
    Doesn't always serve me well but sometimes ya just gotta say what you think.

    TM - Yes I work in a store that sells those helmets and no I wouldn't have offered one of my own helmets for sale, even to you

  28. #128
    aka bOb
    Reputation: bdundee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    7,510
    Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Doesn't always serve me well but sometimes ya just gotta say what you think.
    Yeah I understand, my wife says my personal filter is broken.

  29. #129
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Trekmogul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    141
    Is the Salsa Beargrease XX1 the most expensive (list price) Fat Bike on the market? I am talking about a factory production bike and if not, please someone provide me with a link to it. I am not talking about the gold plated one for sale for a million either. MSRP from the factory is what i want.
    Trek Equinox 9.9 TTL, Trek Madone 6.9 Project One, Trek Fuel 9.5, Trek Fuel 9.0, Trek Rumblefish Pro, Trek Remedy 9.9,BGXX1

  30. #130
    aka bOb
    Reputation: bdundee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    7,510
    Thw Borealis Yampa xx1 runs about the same and there a ton of boutique titanium frame builders where a bike will set back more than the BG. Moots, Quiring, Twenty2, Vertigo, dand Blacksheep to name a few. Do some searching yourself if you are really interested.

  31. #131
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Trekmogul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by bdundee View Post
    Thw Borealis Yampa xx1 runs about the same and there a ton of boutique titanium frame builders where a bike will set back more than the BG. Moots, Quiring, Twenty2, Vertigo, dand Blacksheep to name a few. Do some searching yourself if you are really interested.
    "FRAME BUILDERS" Are not factory production bikes are they? I was asking about FACTORY PRODUCTION Bikes as i stated above. I did the research and i could not find any, but i was wondering if i possibly overlooked a "MANUFACTURE" of FAt Bikes..
    Trek Equinox 9.9 TTL, Trek Madone 6.9 Project One, Trek Fuel 9.5, Trek Fuel 9.0, Trek Rumblefish Pro, Trek Remedy 9.9,BGXX1

  32. #132
    aka bOb
    Reputation: bdundee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    7,510
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekmogul View Post
    "FRAME BUILDERS" Are not factory production bikes are they? I was asking about FACTORY PRODUCTION Bikes as i stated above. I did the research and i could not find any, but i was wondering if i possibly overlooked a "MANUFACTURE" of FAt Bikes..
    Then I gave you the only bike that is close to the BG, it's the Borealis. May your plastic frame break sending slivers into your excessively small scrotum.

    My only regret is that I can not give you anymore red Chiclets.

  33. #133
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Welnic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    861
    Quote Originally Posted by bdundee View Post
    Then I gave you the only bike that is close to the BG, it's the Borealis. May your plastic frame break sending slivers into your excessively small scrotum.

    My only regret is that I can not give you anymore red Chiclets.
    I pitched in though my contribution is small.

  34. #134
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,112
    Quote Originally Posted by bdundee View Post
    May your plastic frame break sending slivers into your excessively small scrotum.
    Bwahahaha

  35. #135
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Trekmogul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekmogul View Post
    Thinking this would be a great coconut protector and the trim of beargrease and the helmet liner match up pretty closely.Amazon.com : Smith Optics Forefront All Mountain Bike Helmet : Sports & Outdoors
    Took the plunge and ordered this coconut protector today along with 2nd day air shipping. Looking forward to trying it out with my new plastic fatty..
    Trek Equinox 9.9 TTL, Trek Madone 6.9 Project One, Trek Fuel 9.5, Trek Fuel 9.0, Trek Rumblefish Pro, Trek Remedy 9.9,BGXX1

  36. #136
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    5,029
    I see they only have size small left, which I am pretty sure won't fit....also the link you provided was wrong. It linked me to a Smith helmet, not an a$$hat...which might best suit your needs.

  37. #137
    aka bOb
    Reputation: bdundee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    7,510
    ..........
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  38. #138
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    134
    The Borealis Yampa XX1 with Carbondale wheelset is $6749 list.

  39. #139
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,825
    Quote Originally Posted by bdundee View Post
    ..........
    How do you mount super expensive headlamps on that helmet?
    Latitude 61

  40. #140
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,112
    Staple them to the asses ears.

  41. #141
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Trekmogul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by orind View Post
    The Borealis Yampa XX1 with Carbondale wheelset is $6749 list.
    Must be a $1500.00 or more upgrade of the Carbondale Wheelset?
    Trek Equinox 9.9 TTL, Trek Madone 6.9 Project One, Trek Fuel 9.5, Trek Fuel 9.0, Trek Rumblefish Pro, Trek Remedy 9.9,BGXX1

  42. #142
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    134
    The bike with aluminum wheels is $5549 so purchased at the time of the bike the Carbondale wheel option is a $1200 upcharge. On their own, the Carbondale wheelset runs 2K (as a complete wheelset). Another way to look at it--you are getting credited $800 for the stock wheels--definitely an incentive to purchase with the bike as an upgrade (unless you really want an extra wheelset).

    I am having a Yampa built up--my local shop is offering a $400 discount on the last model frame (new frame came out this summer with some changes). Since the shop has frames (and not the preconfigured builds) I am doing a custom build. Went with Race Face Next SL Cinch cranks up front (28tooth) and a Shimano 11-36 XT rear (this gearing works for me even in the snow and I have a personal preference for Shimano over Sram). I elected to go with the Carbondale wheelset (Shop is selling them to me for the "upgrade" price.

  43. #143
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Trekmogul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by orind View Post
    The bike with aluminum wheels is $5549 so purchased at the time of the bike the Carbondale wheel option is a $1200 upcharge. On their own, the Carbondale wheelset runs 2K (as a complete wheelset). Another way to look at it--you are getting credited $800 for the stock wheels--definitely an incentive to purchase with the bike as an upgrade (unless you really want an extra wheelset).

    I am having a Yampa built up--my local shop is offering a $400 discount on the last model frame (new frame came out this summer with some changes). Since the shop has frames (and not the preconfigured builds) I am doing a custom build. Went with Race Face Next SL Cinch cranks up front (28tooth) and a Shimano 11-36 XT rear (this gearing works for me even in the snow and I have a personal preference for Shimano over Sram). I elected to go with the Carbondale wheelset (Shop is selling them to me for the "upgrade" price.
    Looks aloso to be a very nice ride. I am sure all these fat bikes are nice in there own way. I just happen to be at my LBS when they were having SALSA DAYS and test rode the BeargreaseXX1 and loved how it looked. Told LBS owner if i can bottom feed on buying it, order me one in and he did..I just rode it around in my yard as i dont want to get the tires dusty..
    Trek Equinox 9.9 TTL, Trek Madone 6.9 Project One, Trek Fuel 9.5, Trek Fuel 9.0, Trek Rumblefish Pro, Trek Remedy 9.9,BGXX1

  44. #144
    Clueless Bastard
    Reputation: WA-CO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    683
    SALSA BEARGREASE Carbon Machine-picture1.jpg

  45. #145
    MTBR member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    803
    This thread inspired me to pick up a Beargrease. I scored it for $2,200.00! Since I did not pay retail, does that make me a peasant? Maybe I should go back and give the shop some more $$$
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SALSA BEARGREASE Carbon Machine-salsa.jpg  


  46. #146
    aka bOb
    Reputation: bdundee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    7,510
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie View Post
    This thread inspired me to pick up a Beargrease. I scored it for $2,200.00! Since I did not pay retail, does that make me a peasant? Maybe I should go back and give the shop some more $$$
    Nope good score, I have more of an issue of how this d bag went about it in this thread. A great deal is always welcomed in my book and you really scored big.

  47. #147
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    134
    It matches the kitchen nicely!

  48. #148
    All fat, all the time.
    Reputation: Shark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    6,736
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to WA-CO again.

  49. #149
    Rocking on a Rocky
    Reputation: RockyJo1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,260
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie View Post
    This thread inspired me to pick up a Beargrease. I scored it for $2,200.00! Since I did not pay retail, does that make me a peasant? Maybe I should go back and give the shop some more $$$
    Nice. Still $2900 up here Eh.
    It doesn't matter what I ride as long as I ride it Rubber Side Down●~●.

  50. #150
    Clueless Bastard
    Reputation: WA-CO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    683
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekmogul View Post
    Took the plunge and ordered this coconut protector today along with 2nd day air shipping. Looking forward to trying it out with my new plastic fatty..
    SALSA BEARGREASE Carbon Machine-forefront-troll.jpg
    How do I look?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Salsa Carbon Beargrease First Ride
    By lawfarm in forum Fat bikes
    Replies: 167
    Last Post: 05-31-2014, 12:40 PM
  2. Salsa Beargrease is here on Friday!!!
    By mikeyonthemadone in forum Salsa
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 01-01-2014, 11:17 AM
  3. Salsa Beargrease Carbon: Quick first ride(s) review
    By Dogdude222 in forum Fat bikes
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-14-2013, 12:43 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-04-2013, 08:42 PM
  5. Salsa Beargrease
    By black cross in forum Fat bikes
    Replies: 207
    Last Post: 05-31-2013, 09:29 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •