Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 101 to 200 of 313
  1. #101
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Trekmogul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyB View Post
    You paid clearance pricing for a reason, the BG is being redesigned for next season.
    Just have to get on the pre order for the next greatest I guess..
    Trek Equinox 9.9 TTL, Trek Madone 6.9 Project One, Trek Fuel 9.5, Trek Fuel 9.0, Trek Rumblefish Pro, Trek Remedy 9.9,BGXX1

  2. #102
    aka bOb
    Reputation: bdundee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    7,870
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekmogul View Post
    Just have to get on the pre order for the next greatest I guess..
    Maybe you should just worry about riding the one you have and not worry about the next so called "greatest". In the world of fat bikes they seem to be outdated as soon as they hit the floor. Remember what makes it the greatest to you doesn't necessarily make it the greatest to everyone.

    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/HY-03vYYAjA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

  3. #103
    All fat, all the time.
    Reputation: Shark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    7,118
    trolling trolling trolling....

  4. #104
    mtbr member
    Reputation: veloborealis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,036
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark View Post
    trolling trolling trolling....
    Keep them doggies trollin'...
    RAWHIDE!



    (Yes, I am that old.)
    The older I get the better I was...

  5. #105
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,807
    i'll give ya 400.00 dollars for your now expired plastic toy

    rog

  6. #106
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Trekmogul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    141
    I would like to buy a pair of these for my beargrease,however i am having no luck in finding someone whom has them in stock to purchase. They would look sweet mataching with the 45NRTH Tires..45NRTH
    Trek Equinox 9.9 TTL, Trek Madone 6.9 Project One, Trek Fuel 9.5, Trek Fuel 9.0, Trek Rumblefish Pro, Trek Remedy 9.9,BGXX1

  7. #107
    Clueless Bastard
    Reputation: WA-CO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    684
    What, exactly constitutes the best thread ever on MTBR? Could this be a contender?

  8. #108
    nothing to see here
    Reputation: Stevob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,246
    Nah, there's been some beauties. This is just a garden variety troll.
    I see hills.

    I want to climb them.

  9. #109
    Clueless Bastard
    Reputation: WA-CO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    684
    Insert sad face.

  10. #110
    Rocking on a Rocky
    Reputation: RockyJo1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,330
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyB View Post
    You paid clearance pricing for a reason, the BG is being redesigned for next season.
    Full suspension with carbon rims is the word from under the bridge.
    It doesn't matter what I ride as long as I ride it Rubber Side Down●~●.

  11. #111
    Clueless Bastard
    Reputation: WA-CO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    684
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyJo1 View Post
    Trek full suspension carbon with carbon rims is the word from under the Waterloo bridge.
    Fixed...

  12. #112
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    33
    This gets my vote for top five best ever. Trekmogul your killing me, please don't stop.

  13. #113
    Clueless Bastard
    Reputation: WA-CO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    684
    TrekMogull,

    Lupine lights are good, but have you looked at these?

    Name:  images.jpg
Views: 574
Size:  30.9 KB

    Perfect upgrade for your $5500 xx1 beargrease.

  14. #114
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Trekmogul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    141

    Smith MTBike Helmet

    Thinking this would be a great coconut protector and the trim of beargrease and the helmet liner match up pretty closely.Amazon.com : Smith Optics Forefront All Mountain Bike Helmet : Sports & Outdoors
    Trek Equinox 9.9 TTL, Trek Madone 6.9 Project One, Trek Fuel 9.5, Trek Fuel 9.0, Trek Rumblefish Pro, Trek Remedy 9.9,BGXX1

  15. #115
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Welnic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    872
    Whenever I'm beach riding and I harvest coconuts I figure that they are on their own if I then crash. I think that they are pretty tough and don't really need a helmet.

  16. #116
    aka bOb
    Reputation: bdundee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    7,870
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekmogul View Post
    Thinking this would be a great coconut protector and the trim of beargrease and the helmet liner match up pretty closely.Amazon.com : Smith Optics Forefront All Mountain Bike Helmet : Sports & Outdoors
    ...........
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/0NO6UrWBJH4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

  17. #117
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,594
    OP, I assume you will absolutely crush the next race with that fine machine, otherwise you will have achieved uber-poseur status in less than a month. It's a fine stable of bikes you keep- I hope they get used thoroughly.

  18. #118
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyJo1 View Post
    Full suspension with carbon rims is the word from under the bridge.
    Defanatly. getting the carbon rims , and they will stay the same price as this years XX1 with the said rims (rumour is they will be heds but I'm not sure of this)
    Not sure about the suspension though

    Looks like trekmogal might need to upgrade pretty soon
    Lol
    Cheers
    Ip

  19. #119
    Clueless Bastard
    Reputation: WA-CO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    684
    Hold on...Everybody just wait a one goddammned minute. Are Trekmogul and ironpo the same pupp..er person? Neither can spell worth a f*ck.

  20. #120
    Clueless Bastard
    Reputation: WA-CO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    684
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekmogul View Post
    Thinking this would be a great coconut protector and the trim of beargrease and the helmet liner match up pretty closely.Amazon.com : Smith Optics Forefront All Mountain Bike Helmet : Sports & Outdoors
    Only if you rock it with sexy time things....Hubba Chubba
    Name:  images[2].jpg
Views: 488
Size:  6.2 KB

  21. #121
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by WA-CO View Post
    Hold on...Everybody just wait a one goddammned minute. Are Trekmogul and ironpo the same pupp..er person? Neither can spell worth a f*ck.
    We could well be !!!
    But I do apologise for myself and trekmogul , I didn't reliese that if I word is spelt wrong the world would collapse in on itself
    Cheers
    Ip

  22. #122
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Trekmogul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by deuxdiesel View Post
    OP, I assume you will absolutely crush the next race with that fine machine, otherwise you will have achieved uber-poseur status in less than a month. It's a fine stable of bikes you keep- I hope they get used thoroughly.
    uber-poseur is what they call it..? Hmmmnever thought of it that way...
    Trek Equinox 9.9 TTL, Trek Madone 6.9 Project One, Trek Fuel 9.5, Trek Fuel 9.0, Trek Rumblefish Pro, Trek Remedy 9.9,BGXX1

  23. #123
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,147
    Trekmogul - Even though I think you're a dick if you want one of those Forefronts let me know. I will be happy to sell you one for more than you think it should cost, we have most colors in stock and all sizes.

    WA-CO I want those socks!

  24. #124
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Trekmogul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Trekmogul - Even though I think you're a dick if you want one of those Forefronts let me know. I will be happy to sell you one for more than you think it should cost, we have most colors in stock and all sizes.

    WA-CO I want those socks!
    I dont buy nothing 2nd hand from anyone..Want everything new in the box unopened and sealed. There is no need for me to let you know nothing..
    Trek Equinox 9.9 TTL, Trek Madone 6.9 Project One, Trek Fuel 9.5, Trek Fuel 9.0, Trek Rumblefish Pro, Trek Remedy 9.9,BGXX1

  25. #125
    Administrator Administrator
    Reputation: rockcrusher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    9,030
    Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Trekmogul - Even though I think you're a dick if you want one of those Forefronts let me know. I will be happy to sell you one for more than you think it should cost, we have most colors in stock and all sizes.

    WA-CO I want those socks!
    see above. I would expect from that comment that he has a store and is offering to sell you a helmet from said store, new and unopened. Save a local merchant from loosing a sale to amazon. And ditto on those socks. I would rock those all over, not just on the bike!

    Quote Originally Posted by Trekmogul View Post
    I dont buy nothing 2nd hand from anyone..Want everything new in the box unopened and sealed. There is no need for me to let you know nothing..
    Try this: HTFU

  26. #126
    aka bOb
    Reputation: bdundee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    7,870
    Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Trekmogul - Even though I think you're a dick
    Don't sugar coat it man, just say how you really feel<a*href="http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php" title="Smiley"><img src="http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing014.gif" alt="Smiley" border="0" /></a>

  27. #127
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,147
    Doesn't always serve me well but sometimes ya just gotta say what you think.

    TM - Yes I work in a store that sells those helmets and no I wouldn't have offered one of my own helmets for sale, even to you

  28. #128
    aka bOb
    Reputation: bdundee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    7,870
    Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Doesn't always serve me well but sometimes ya just gotta say what you think.
    Yeah I understand, my wife says my personal filter is broken.

  29. #129
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Trekmogul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    141
    Is the Salsa Beargrease XX1 the most expensive (list price) Fat Bike on the market? I am talking about a factory production bike and if not, please someone provide me with a link to it. I am not talking about the gold plated one for sale for a million either. MSRP from the factory is what i want.
    Trek Equinox 9.9 TTL, Trek Madone 6.9 Project One, Trek Fuel 9.5, Trek Fuel 9.0, Trek Rumblefish Pro, Trek Remedy 9.9,BGXX1

  30. #130
    aka bOb
    Reputation: bdundee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    7,870
    Thw Borealis Yampa xx1 runs about the same and there a ton of boutique titanium frame builders where a bike will set back more than the BG. Moots, Quiring, Twenty2, Vertigo, dand Blacksheep to name a few. Do some searching yourself if you are really interested.

  31. #131
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Trekmogul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by bdundee View Post
    Thw Borealis Yampa xx1 runs about the same and there a ton of boutique titanium frame builders where a bike will set back more than the BG. Moots, Quiring, Twenty2, Vertigo, dand Blacksheep to name a few. Do some searching yourself if you are really interested.
    "FRAME BUILDERS" Are not factory production bikes are they? I was asking about FACTORY PRODUCTION Bikes as i stated above. I did the research and i could not find any, but i was wondering if i possibly overlooked a "MANUFACTURE" of FAt Bikes..
    Trek Equinox 9.9 TTL, Trek Madone 6.9 Project One, Trek Fuel 9.5, Trek Fuel 9.0, Trek Rumblefish Pro, Trek Remedy 9.9,BGXX1

  32. #132
    aka bOb
    Reputation: bdundee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    7,870
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekmogul View Post
    "FRAME BUILDERS" Are not factory production bikes are they? I was asking about FACTORY PRODUCTION Bikes as i stated above. I did the research and i could not find any, but i was wondering if i possibly overlooked a "MANUFACTURE" of FAt Bikes..
    Then I gave you the only bike that is close to the BG, it's the Borealis. May your plastic frame break sending slivers into your excessively small scrotum.

    My only regret is that I can not give you anymore red Chiclets.

  33. #133
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Welnic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    872
    Quote Originally Posted by bdundee View Post
    Then I gave you the only bike that is close to the BG, it's the Borealis. May your plastic frame break sending slivers into your excessively small scrotum.

    My only regret is that I can not give you anymore red Chiclets.
    I pitched in though my contribution is small.

  34. #134
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,147
    Quote Originally Posted by bdundee View Post
    May your plastic frame break sending slivers into your excessively small scrotum.
    Bwahahaha

  35. #135
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Trekmogul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekmogul View Post
    Thinking this would be a great coconut protector and the trim of beargrease and the helmet liner match up pretty closely.Amazon.com : Smith Optics Forefront All Mountain Bike Helmet : Sports & Outdoors
    Took the plunge and ordered this coconut protector today along with 2nd day air shipping. Looking forward to trying it out with my new plastic fatty..
    Trek Equinox 9.9 TTL, Trek Madone 6.9 Project One, Trek Fuel 9.5, Trek Fuel 9.0, Trek Rumblefish Pro, Trek Remedy 9.9,BGXX1

  36. #136
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    5,091
    I see they only have size small left, which I am pretty sure won't fit....also the link you provided was wrong. It linked me to a Smith helmet, not an a$$hat...which might best suit your needs.

  37. #137
    aka bOb
    Reputation: bdundee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    7,870
    ..........
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  38. #138
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    158
    The Borealis Yampa XX1 with Carbondale wheelset is $6749 list.

  39. #139
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,981
    Quote Originally Posted by bdundee View Post
    ..........
    How do you mount super expensive headlamps on that helmet?
    Latitude 61

  40. #140
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,147
    Staple them to the asses ears.

  41. #141
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Trekmogul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by orind View Post
    The Borealis Yampa XX1 with Carbondale wheelset is $6749 list.
    Must be a $1500.00 or more upgrade of the Carbondale Wheelset?
    Trek Equinox 9.9 TTL, Trek Madone 6.9 Project One, Trek Fuel 9.5, Trek Fuel 9.0, Trek Rumblefish Pro, Trek Remedy 9.9,BGXX1

  42. #142
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    158
    The bike with aluminum wheels is $5549 so purchased at the time of the bike the Carbondale wheel option is a $1200 upcharge. On their own, the Carbondale wheelset runs 2K (as a complete wheelset). Another way to look at it--you are getting credited $800 for the stock wheels--definitely an incentive to purchase with the bike as an upgrade (unless you really want an extra wheelset).

    I am having a Yampa built up--my local shop is offering a $400 discount on the last model frame (new frame came out this summer with some changes). Since the shop has frames (and not the preconfigured builds) I am doing a custom build. Went with Race Face Next SL Cinch cranks up front (28tooth) and a Shimano 11-36 XT rear (this gearing works for me even in the snow and I have a personal preference for Shimano over Sram). I elected to go with the Carbondale wheelset (Shop is selling them to me for the "upgrade" price.

  43. #143
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Trekmogul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by orind View Post
    The bike with aluminum wheels is $5549 so purchased at the time of the bike the Carbondale wheel option is a $1200 upcharge. On their own, the Carbondale wheelset runs 2K (as a complete wheelset). Another way to look at it--you are getting credited $800 for the stock wheels--definitely an incentive to purchase with the bike as an upgrade (unless you really want an extra wheelset).

    I am having a Yampa built up--my local shop is offering a $400 discount on the last model frame (new frame came out this summer with some changes). Since the shop has frames (and not the preconfigured builds) I am doing a custom build. Went with Race Face Next SL Cinch cranks up front (28tooth) and a Shimano 11-36 XT rear (this gearing works for me even in the snow and I have a personal preference for Shimano over Sram). I elected to go with the Carbondale wheelset (Shop is selling them to me for the "upgrade" price.
    Looks aloso to be a very nice ride. I am sure all these fat bikes are nice in there own way. I just happen to be at my LBS when they were having SALSA DAYS and test rode the BeargreaseXX1 and loved how it looked. Told LBS owner if i can bottom feed on buying it, order me one in and he did..I just rode it around in my yard as i dont want to get the tires dusty..
    Trek Equinox 9.9 TTL, Trek Madone 6.9 Project One, Trek Fuel 9.5, Trek Fuel 9.0, Trek Rumblefish Pro, Trek Remedy 9.9,BGXX1

  44. #144
    Clueless Bastard
    Reputation: WA-CO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    684
    SALSA BEARGREASE Carbon Machine-picture1.jpg

  45. #145
    MTBR member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    803
    This thread inspired me to pick up a Beargrease. I scored it for $2,200.00! Since I did not pay retail, does that make me a peasant? Maybe I should go back and give the shop some more $$$
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SALSA BEARGREASE Carbon Machine-salsa.jpg  


  46. #146
    aka bOb
    Reputation: bdundee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    7,870
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie View Post
    This thread inspired me to pick up a Beargrease. I scored it for $2,200.00! Since I did not pay retail, does that make me a peasant? Maybe I should go back and give the shop some more $$$
    Nope good score, I have more of an issue of how this d bag went about it in this thread. A great deal is always welcomed in my book and you really scored big.

  47. #147
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    158
    It matches the kitchen nicely!

  48. #148
    All fat, all the time.
    Reputation: Shark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    7,118
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to WA-CO again.

  49. #149
    Rocking on a Rocky
    Reputation: RockyJo1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,330
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie View Post
    This thread inspired me to pick up a Beargrease. I scored it for $2,200.00! Since I did not pay retail, does that make me a peasant? Maybe I should go back and give the shop some more $$$
    Nice. Still $2900 up here Eh.
    It doesn't matter what I ride as long as I ride it Rubber Side Down●~●.

  50. #150
    Clueless Bastard
    Reputation: WA-CO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    684
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekmogul View Post
    Took the plunge and ordered this coconut protector today along with 2nd day air shipping. Looking forward to trying it out with my new plastic fatty..
    SALSA BEARGREASE Carbon Machine-forefront-troll.jpg
    How do I look?

  51. #151
    aka bOb
    Reputation: bdundee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    7,870
    Quote Originally Posted by WA-CO View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Forefront Troll.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	19.9 KB 
ID:	905375
    How do I look?
    <a*href="http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php" title="Smiley"><img src="http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing025.gif" alt="Smiley" border="0" /></a>

  52. #152
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Trekmogul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    141
    Amazon.com: Oakley mens Racing Jacket OO9171-20 Polarized Sport Sunglasses,Matte Black Ink,55 mm: Oakley: Clothing http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Just snagged 2 pairs of Oakley Polarized Racing Jacket Sunglasses to match each one of the new helmets i bought recently
    Trek Equinox 9.9 TTL, Trek Madone 6.9 Project One, Trek Fuel 9.5, Trek Fuel 9.0, Trek Rumblefish Pro, Trek Remedy 9.9,BGXX1

  53. #153
    mtbr member
    Reputation: tundratrader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    565

    SALSA BEARGREASE Carbon Machine

    Good idea. That should make it go faster. What the hell are you trying to prove. I bet you have not even been on a trail on your bike. Yet you keep posting all this amazon crap to buy. What idiot buys three pairs of pedals and some for backup? Then says it's mostly for putting around in the yard. So you strap on knee pads and full downhill gear for a lap with the huffy bikes? Wtf am I missing? You are clearly here just to be an asshat!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  54. #154
    mtbr member
    Reputation: tundratrader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    565

    SALSA BEARGREASE Carbon Machine

    Why don't you wait and post next of the bike muddy on a trail? I must have misread the post where you wanted to keep your tires clean and didn't want dirt on them.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  55. #155
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Trekmogul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by tundratrader View Post
    Good idea. That should make it go faster. What the hell are you trying to prove. I bet you have not even been on a trail on your bike. Yet you keep posting all this amazon crap to buy. What idiot buys three pairs of pedals and some for backup? Then says it's mostly for putting around in the yard. So you strap on knee pads and full downhill gear for a lap with the huffy bikes? Wtf am I missing? You are clearly here just to be an asshat!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nope no trail and would never consider riding it on the trail as that might get it dirty. Its for puttin around the yard with hte grandkids is all. Yah we have all kinds of peddles and to each there own..Right?
    Trek Equinox 9.9 TTL, Trek Madone 6.9 Project One, Trek Fuel 9.5, Trek Fuel 9.0, Trek Rumblefish Pro, Trek Remedy 9.9,BGXX1

  56. #156
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Trekmogul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by tundratrader View Post
    Why don't you wait and post next of the bike muddy on a trail? I must have misread the post where you wanted to keep your tires clean and didn't want dirt on them.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That will never happen..All 20 of my bikes are in brand new condition actually..Just got into the Fatties recently and look to add a few of hte higher end ones to the fleet
    Trek Equinox 9.9 TTL, Trek Madone 6.9 Project One, Trek Fuel 9.5, Trek Fuel 9.0, Trek Rumblefish Pro, Trek Remedy 9.9,BGXX1

  57. #157
    mtbr member
    Reputation: tundratrader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    565

    SALSA BEARGREASE Carbon Machine

    Uh no not really to each there own? Why didn't you buy the mongoose beast? Why buy all this top of the level stuff for putting around? You posted a photo of a full squish bike. Did you not have a helmet for that? Or do you just collect bikes? Or pretend to collect them? This is for people riding them and asking relevant questions. This isn't what bling should I buy for the most money even though I saved some on the bike! Get a life or get out and ride!


    Edited to say WOW 20 brand new bikes that have never been on trails and looking to add more. I don't know why you are here but you are in the wrong place. Why don't you take your escape over to pirate4x4 and ask for help modding it out?

    This just went past look at me I am trolling to WTF WOW for the win!!!

  58. #158
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Trekmogul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    141
    SALSA BEARGREASE Carbon Machine-trek-resized.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by tundratrader View Post
    Uh no not really to each there own? Why didn't you buy the mongoose beast? Why buy all this top of the level stuff for putting around? You posted a photo of a full squish bike. Did you not have a helmet for that? Or do you just collect bikes? Or pretend to collect them? This is for people riding them and asking relevant questions. This isn't what bling should I buy for the most money even though I saved some on the bike! Get a life or get out and ride!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes I have 5 Full "SQUISH" as you call them bikes also. Just bought a trek Remedy 9.9 Full Plastic also recently..SALSA BEARGREASE Carbon Machine-trek-qq.jpg
    Trek Equinox 9.9 TTL, Trek Madone 6.9 Project One, Trek Fuel 9.5, Trek Fuel 9.0, Trek Rumblefish Pro, Trek Remedy 9.9,BGXX1

  59. #159
    mtbr member
    Reputation: tundratrader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    565

    SALSA BEARGREASE Carbon Machine

    Cool reflectors again! Man you really contradict yourself. You said you had allready done your morning ride when you got the bear. If you are trying to advertise for a shop you are doing a terrible job!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  60. #160
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Trekmogul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by tundratrader View Post
    Cool reflectors again! Man you really contradict yourself. You said you had allready done your morning ride when you got the bear. If you are trying to advertise for a shop you are doing a terrible job!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I ride every day my dirty old beater bike that gets full of nasty mulberries on the trail. Its a trek District Belt Drive. All the other bike are just for enjoyment and my choice..
    Trek Equinox 9.9 TTL, Trek Madone 6.9 Project One, Trek Fuel 9.5, Trek Fuel 9.0, Trek Rumblefish Pro, Trek Remedy 9.9,BGXX1

  61. #161
    mtbr member
    Reputation: tundratrader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    565

    SALSA BEARGREASE Carbon Machine

    Well you might as well order a borealis echo xx1 with a bluto. Send it to Alaska and I will keep it nice and clean


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  62. #162
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Trekmogul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by tundratrader View Post
    Well you might as well order a borealis echo xx1 with a bluto. Send it to Alaska and I will keep it nice and clean


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ill be waiting inline for the newest and greatest Beargrease this fall. I am brand loyal..
    Trek Equinox 9.9 TTL, Trek Madone 6.9 Project One, Trek Fuel 9.5, Trek Fuel 9.0, Trek Rumblefish Pro, Trek Remedy 9.9,BGXX1

  63. #163
    mtbr member
    Reputation: tundratrader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    565

    SALSA BEARGREASE Carbon Machine

    I can tell you are brand loyal since your name is trek mogul!!!


    I guess you didn't realize trek sells what some consider quite a nice fatbike. Oh well. I'm sure the dealer is sad.

  64. #164
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Trekmogul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by tundratrader View Post
    I can tell you are brand loyal since your name is trek mogul!!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Approaching 20 trek Bikes and one salsa..I would say so
    Trek Equinox 9.9 TTL, Trek Madone 6.9 Project One, Trek Fuel 9.5, Trek Fuel 9.0, Trek Rumblefish Pro, Trek Remedy 9.9,BGXX1

  65. #165
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Trekmogul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    141

    Proper Beargrease Decor

    SALSA BEARGREASE Carbon Machine-fatty-c.jpgSALSA BEARGREASE Carbon Machine-fatty-b.jpgSALSA BEARGREASE Carbon Machine-fatty-.jpgFinally after 3 sets of Azonic Peddles, we finally found the propper match for the XX1. We will just set the other 2 pairs aside for future machines. Love how the helmet also matches..
    Trek Equinox 9.9 TTL, Trek Madone 6.9 Project One, Trek Fuel 9.5, Trek Fuel 9.0, Trek Rumblefish Pro, Trek Remedy 9.9,BGXX1

  66. #166
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekmogul View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fatty c.jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	197.3 KB 
ID:	907059Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fatty b.jpg 
Views:	479 
Size:	200.5 KB 
ID:	907055Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fatty a.jpg 
Views:	245 
Size:	179.7 KB 
ID:	907056Finally after 3 sets of Azonic Peddles, we finally found the propper match for the XX1. We will just set the other 2 pairs aside for future machines. Love how the helmet also matches..
    This thread became Epic. I might just have a cheapy x9 build, but mine gets ridden constantly. That XX1 looks like a decoration, it's cleaner than my overpriced Nissan!
    2014 Salsa Carbon Beargrease x9
    2012 Specialized Camber Carbon Expert 29
    2013 Fuji Altamira 2.2c Di2

  67. #167
    mtbr member
    Reputation: tundratrader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    565

    SALSA BEARGREASE Carbon Machine

    Quote Originally Posted by Trekmogul View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fatty c.jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	197.3 KB 
ID:	907059Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fatty b.jpg 
Views:	479 
Size:	200.5 KB 
ID:	907055Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fatty a.jpg 
Views:	245 
Size:	179.7 KB 
ID:	907056Finally after 3 sets of Azonic Peddles, we finally found the propper match for the XX1. We will just set the other 2 pairs aside for future machines. Love how the helmet also matches..
    Super cool man. Always a good idea to kit out a already top end bike with more stuff then never use it. Happy trails.... I mean taking pics and touching yourself or whatever you get up to.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  68. #168
    mtbr member
    Reputation: tundratrader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    565

    SALSA BEARGREASE Carbon Machine

    SALSA BEARGREASE Carbon Machine-imageuploadedbytapatalk1405007404.195618.jpg
    How about a salsa pic like this. On a beach trail volcanoes behind me. No point buying all that not to use that. You know this already and are here just to rev people up and you are winning on the front.

    That is what bikes are for. Get out and use it. Do you have any idea how many people cannot afford a plain jane bike and would love to be out riding. Why don't you buy a bike take a pic then give it away to people that would love to use them.

  69. #169
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,134
    This guy is obviously a troll.

  70. #170
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Trekmogul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by ultraspontane View Post
    This guy is obviously a troll.
    I have no idea what your talking about..? This is my thread about a bike that i have added to my collection and was just sharing with others. I most likely ride more then any of whom has responded here actually.. i log over 5000 miles a year all on ONE Bicycle..A Trek District Single Speed belt Drive..All the other bikes..? Well I like bikes is all i can say..I call it my bike porn room...
    Trek Equinox 9.9 TTL, Trek Madone 6.9 Project One, Trek Fuel 9.5, Trek Fuel 9.0, Trek Rumblefish Pro, Trek Remedy 9.9,BGXX1

  71. #171
    MTBR member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    803
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekmogul View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fatty c.jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	197.3 KB 
ID:	907059Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fatty b.jpg 
Views:	479 
Size:	200.5 KB 
ID:	907055Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fatty a.jpg 
Views:	245 
Size:	179.7 KB 
ID:	907056Finally after 3 sets of Azonic Peddles, we finally found the propper match for the XX1. We will just set the other 2 pairs aside for future machines. Love how the helmet also matches..
    What kind of floor stand is that?

  72. #172
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Trekmogul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    141
    Trek Equinox 9.9 TTL, Trek Madone 6.9 Project One, Trek Fuel 9.5, Trek Fuel 9.0, Trek Rumblefish Pro, Trek Remedy 9.9,BGXX1

  73. #173
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    9
    Why do people keep talking to this guy?

  74. #174
    All fat, all the time.
    Reputation: Shark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    7,118
    Quote Originally Posted by mcnally78 View Post
    Why do people keep talking to this guy?
    Feeding the troll lol.

    I figured it out, he just take pics of bike at the shop.... Mystery solved lol

  75. #175
    mtbr member
    Reputation: tundratrader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    565

    SALSA BEARGREASE Carbon Machine

    Well it's good to know he also just put a top of the level GPS and heart rate monitor on. I guess his driveway or the parking lot of the shop is quite large. No idea why we keep responding to this. He can't even post about something from amazon without saying he got it overnight shipping. This is a top level troll.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  76. #176
    aka bOb
    Reputation: bdundee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    7,870
    Hats off to him he is an excellent troll and A first class douche bag.

  77. #177
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Trekmogul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    141

    Night Riding 4 Beargrease

    Hoping to trick out this new plastic fatty with a Lupine Betty R 4500 Lumen Head Lamp quite soon..
    Trek Equinox 9.9 TTL, Trek Madone 6.9 Project One, Trek Fuel 9.5, Trek Fuel 9.0, Trek Rumblefish Pro, Trek Remedy 9.9,BGXX1

  78. #178
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    5,091
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekmogul View Post
    Hoping to trick out this new plastic fatty with a Lupine Betty R 4500 Lumen Head Lamp quite soon..
    You should probably send me one for testing too.

  79. #179
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    113
    what happened to the HED rims you had coming with the bike??
    cheers
    IP

  80. #180
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by bdundee View Post
    Hats off to him he is an excellent troll and A first class douche bag.
    yes
    spot on there , but the thread is still going
    it is certainly worth a laugh!!!!
    cheers
    IP

  81. #181
    mtbr member
    Reputation: tundratrader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    565

    SALSA BEARGREASE Carbon Machine

    Trek you should have a look at lightforce lights. Not sure if a dyna hub would power them but it would be badass. We use them on our rigs here for moose but for your yard it would really light things up. Probably a good idea to the get the HID version. The 9" model should be gtg. Hell while you are at it why not get a rohlhoff for that and make it an ebike. That would certainly make everyone think you are cool.
    Hopefully the HED rims work out for you always a good idea to save weight. It should balance out the weight of the studs on the dillenger tires you will be telling us you are ordering soon because you got an awesome deal and you are such bros that Amazon prime just air drops stuff to your house because you are such a good customer.
    If you haven't caught my drift you are awesome. Your stack of bike pics are awesome. My fav is the vehicle with a bike worth more posed on it. I know that it is just used for hauling the bike from the garage to the yard because it would be way to tall to get on your roof rack for you hummer h1 that you got a good deal on.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  82. #182
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by tundratrader View Post
    Trek you should have a look at lightforce lights. Not sure if a dyna hub would power them but it would be badass. We use them on our rigs here for moose but for your yard it would really light things up. Probably a good idea to the get the HID version. The 9" model should be gtg. Hell while you are at it why not get a rohlhoff for that and make it an ebike. That would certainly make everyone think you are cool.
    Hopefully the HED rims work out for you always a good idea to save weight. It should balance out the weight of the studs on the dillenger tires you will be telling us you are ordering soon because you got an awesome deal and you are such bros that Amazon prime just air drops stuff to your house because you are such a good customer.
    If you haven't caught my drift you are awesome. Your stack of bike pics are awesome. My fav is the vehicle with a bike worth more posed on it. I know that it is just used for hauling the bike from the garage to the yard because it would be way to tall to get on your roof rack for you hummer h1 that you got a good deal on.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's funny
    :-)
    Cheers
    IP

  83. #183
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Trekmogul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by ironpo View Post
    what happened to the HED rims you had coming with the bike??
    cheers
    IP
    Ever buy a high end fatty ..?
    Trek Equinox 9.9 TTL, Trek Madone 6.9 Project One, Trek Fuel 9.5, Trek Fuel 9.0, Trek Rumblefish Pro, Trek Remedy 9.9,BGXX1

  84. #184
    aka bOb
    Reputation: bdundee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    7,870
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekmogul View Post
    Ever buy a high end fatty ..?
    What does that have to do with anything? This now makes you a poser at being a poser. Yeah that makes sense, I think.

  85. #185
    mtbr member
    Reputation: tundratrader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    565

    SALSA BEARGREASE Carbon Machine

    Quote Originally Posted by Trekmogul View Post
    Ever buy a high end fatty ..?
    Wait I thought you were about to by the 2015 top of the level model along with the bucksaw?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  86. #186
    mtbr member
    Reputation: tundratrader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    565

    SALSA BEARGREASE Carbon Machine

    Quote Originally Posted by Trekmogul View Post
    Ever buy a high end fatty ..?
    Ever buy 5 sets of high end pedals shipped overnight to find what matches best? Oh yeah you did that and said you would keep them as spares. I think the reason to buy good stuff is you don't need spares? Who in the hell needs spares for a bike that you have said countless times won't be off road much less anywhere besides the back of your awesome little SUV!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  87. #187
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    5,091
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekmogul View Post
    Ever buy a high end fatty ..?
    Ohh yeah....well ever get a high end girl completely naked, and just stare at her sitting in your bed, waiting to be ridden?

    Neither have I.

    I don't even use a rimstrip w/ my high end girls, I just let the tubeless brew do all the work. Feels good man.

  88. #188
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Trekmogul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    141
    SALSA BEARGREASE Carbon Machine-1aa.jpgAmazon.com had a blowout sale yesterday on these Fox Downhill Bike Pants and thought these would rock the Plastic Fatty. These were marked down from 189.00 to 99.00 and thought i would snap up a couple pair to match the beargrease..
    Trek Equinox 9.9 TTL, Trek Madone 6.9 Project One, Trek Fuel 9.5, Trek Fuel 9.0, Trek Rumblefish Pro, Trek Remedy 9.9,BGXX1

  89. #189
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Trekmogul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by jonshonda View Post
    You should probably send me one for testing too.
    Lupine.COM USA will fill all your needs for $1175.00 for the new and upgraded Betty R hitting the shelves in USA 3 weeks. Snag yah one and i bet you will love it
    Trek Equinox 9.9 TTL, Trek Madone 6.9 Project One, Trek Fuel 9.5, Trek Fuel 9.0, Trek Rumblefish Pro, Trek Remedy 9.9,BGXX1

  90. #190
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    5,091
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekmogul View Post
    Lupine.COM USA will fill all your needs for $1175.00 for the new and upgraded Betty R hitting the shelves in USA 3 weeks. Snag yah one and i bet you will love it
    Interesting, they quoted me $1015.00 shipped for the Betty R because I had an aluminum 9ZERO7. It's not a high end bike, but I think the name 9ZERO7 just really makes people like me.

    I ordered 4 because I want to be able to see my color matched fox dh shorts when I ride at night. I also got the same shorts you did for $50 from Amazon using my Prime membership...NEXT DAY SHIPPING!!.

  91. #191
    29ers Forever
    Reputation: CannondaleF9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,307
    No one is either stupid enough to waste $13,000+ on bike stuff in a couple weeks, or is rick enough to buy all that stuff and drive an OLD Ford Escape, or even a Ford Escape.
    We all know you're a troll.

  92. #192
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    180

    HED carbon wheelset.

    Just finished installing the HED wheelset with red ano Salsa hubs. Did the tubeless conversion the way HED recommended with Gorilla tape and it worked. The beads fit tighter on this than any of my other wheels and they seat with a loud bang. I had my doubts about using Gorilla tape but the glue on there is very tacky. Selling my old wheelset to a friend to make a new fattie with a Bluto fork. Not the 21# weight others have shown for this but it was down to 23# 4oz with pedals and light mount. I put 4oz Stans sealant in each wheel as recommended, which was way too much so I might drain a little out. The Dillingers did not leak one drop of Stans and my bead only had a couple of dribbles in the past 24 hours. Only winter will tell if Stans works good in sub zero conditions.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SALSA BEARGREASE Carbon Machine-img_2762.jpg  


  93. #193
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Trekmogul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by Yetiski View Post
    Just finished installing the HED wheelset with red ano Salsa hubs. Did the tubeless conversion the way HED recommended with Gorilla tape and it worked. The beads fit tighter on this than any of my other wheels and they seat with a loud bang. I had my doubts about using Gorilla tape but the glue on there is very tacky. Selling my old wheelset to a friend to make a new fattie with a Bluto fork. Not the 21# weight others have shown for this but it was down to 23# 4oz with pedals and light mount. I put 4oz Stans sealant in each wheel as recommended, which was way too much so I might drain a little out. The Dillingers did not leak one drop of Stans and my bead only had a couple of dribbles in the past 24 hours. Only winter will tell if Stans works good in sub zero conditions.
    Looks really nice i must say and thanks for sharing. I also recently aquired me some HED Rims for one of new new Road Bikes.Great product..
    Trek Equinox 9.9 TTL, Trek Madone 6.9 Project One, Trek Fuel 9.5, Trek Fuel 9.0, Trek Rumblefish Pro, Trek Remedy 9.9,BGXX1

  94. #194
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    158
    Very cool on the HED wheels. I was going to go with Carbondale rims for my Yampa build but there seems to be issues getting them so I too may be going the HED route.

  95. #195
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    180
    They made it easy and fast, I could send my old hubs and they would set them up or. My bike shop drop shipped the red anodized set to them and they even matched the nipple color and used some flat bladed spokes for the same price. The 9 day order was way quicker than I was expecting. After last year of everyone running out I am getting my parts early this year. I have had Dillinger studs on back order for 6mo and no one has any that I know of.

  96. #196
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,981
    Quote Originally Posted by Yetiski View Post
    . I have had Dillinger studs on back order for 6mo and no one has any that I know of.
    Pick up some lightly used Nokian Extremes on Craigs List or E Bay and switch the studs over. It will likely be cheaper and you will have some extra studs just in case.
    Latitude 61

  97. #197
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    180
    I have some Nokian studs for spares and will only use them if I have to. They are super heavy and out weigh the 45nrth studs 10 / 1 because they are Steel / Carbide VS Aluminum / Carbide.

  98. #198
    mtbr member
    Reputation: asollie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    307
    Details of the 2015 Beargrease have just been posted on the Surly blog. They're bringing back the aluminum frame.

    Salsa Cycles

  99. #199
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Trekmogul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by asollie View Post
    Details of the 2015 Beargrease have just been posted on the Surly blog. They're bringing back the aluminum frame.

    Salsa Cycles
    Now thats down right sweet looking and same list price as last years model..Hopefully i can beat on my LBS for a same low ball price as i got on my 2014 XX1.. Once can never have to many plastic bikes in there lineup..!
    Trek Equinox 9.9 TTL, Trek Madone 6.9 Project One, Trek Fuel 9.5, Trek Fuel 9.0, Trek Rumblefish Pro, Trek Remedy 9.9,BGXX1

  100. #200
    aka bOb
    Reputation: bdundee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    7,870
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekmogul View Post
    Now thats down right sweet looking and same list price as last years model..Hopefully i can beat on my LBS for a same low ball price as i got on my 2014 XX1..
    Now there's the d bag troll that has entertained me for so long. Sorry you have to sit and look at an outdated bike.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Salsa Carbon Beargrease First Ride
    By lawfarm in forum Fat bikes
    Replies: 167
    Last Post: 05-31-2014, 12:40 PM
  2. Salsa Beargrease is here on Friday!!!
    By mikeyonthemadone in forum Salsa
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 01-01-2014, 12:17 PM
  3. Salsa Beargrease Carbon: Quick first ride(s) review
    By Dogdude222 in forum Fat bikes
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-14-2013, 01:43 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-04-2013, 09:42 PM
  5. Salsa Beargrease
    By black cross in forum Fat bikes
    Replies: 207
    Last Post: 05-31-2013, 09:29 AM

Members who have read this thread: 6

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •