Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Muskoka
    Quote Originally Posted by temporoad View Post
    I am running 1 x 10 30t to 11 - 42, on a 36 cassette using OneUp. This is on my 29+ no problem, shifts fine, go 42. I have heard issues with the Hope but that could be sorted out by now. I see you try and keep a Canadian theme as I, Oneup is out of BC.
    Looking at their website, what is the 16t that is shown with the 42 for?
    https://picasaweb.google.com/113125576961447749127

RSD Bikes The Mayor
    Rocky Mountain Sherpa Overland

mtbr member
    You swap the 15 and 17 out and install the 16 for a better shift combo

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by ten80 View Post
    I have a 2014 and found that cranks for 170mm wide frames don't fit (i.e. Sram X9). 190mm RF turbine fits with not all that much room to spare due to the super wide chainstays.
    Sram fat cranks have a narrower qfactor vs race face cranks. It is possible that a RF100mm spindle crank "may" fit. The new turbine cinch cranks have an even wider qfactor.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCanoeDog View Post
    Looking at their website, what is the 16t that is shown with the 42 for?
    To make room for the 42T, you have to ditch the 17T.That causes a big gap so you can remove 15T and 17T and put the 16T ...

mtbr member
    I'm still debating between The Mayor and a Fatboy but if I get The Mayor, I think I'll go with X1 1x11… The problem is that the LBS pre-ordered like 10 bike and I'm guessing they're all 1x10… For a few more $ than the 450$ X1 upgrade, you can also get a new crank (Raceface Next SL) and go with a chainring as small as 26T. And you save 1/2 pound!

Rocking on a Rocky
    Quote Originally Posted by LewisQC View Post
    I'm still debating between The Mayor and a Fatboy but if I get The Mayor, I think I'll go with X1 1x11… The problem is that the LBS pre-ordered like 10 bike and I'm guessing they're all 1x10… For a few more $ than the 450$ X1 upgrade, you can also get a new crank (Raceface Next SL) and go with a chainring as small as 26T. And you save 1/2 pound!
    If you're over 40 you will appreciate the more upright riding position of the mayor. What's the name of the shop?
    It doesn't matter what I ride as long as I ride it Rubber Side Down●~●.

mtbr member
    Hype in quebec City. I would like to try more bikes before I make a decision. I'll be able to try RM Blizzard and Trek Farley, both available for rental. But bang for the buck, The Mayor seems the way to go...

mtbr member

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"

Quote Originally Posted by LewisQC View Post
    I debated the choice of x1 vs 1x10, then I factored In the cost to replace rear D every time I would snap or mangle which happens a lot around here. 1x10 with 42t/16 cog is where I decided and if the stock 32 nw is too big then I will do a crank swap.

I wonder as I am a bit of retro grouch, if I can find a square taper bb that works and get nice set of middleburns for this.

Muskoka

more crack..

For sure going to order the Oneup 42t/16t kit for the cassette 8-)

RSD Bikes The Mayor

mtbr member

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"

For sure going to order the Oneup 42t/16t kit for the cassette 8-)
    Photog! Thanks, don't forget to order a new chain with that cog order...

Muskoka
    Quote Originally Posted by mattybfat View Post
    Photog! Thanks, don't forget to order a new chain with that cog order...
    Is that 'cause the chain needs to be longer to accommodate the 42t? Length now is such that derailleur is horizontal when I'm on the smallest cog. Probably because I went from 32t to 30t without shortening the chain. I can't see it being any longer!!??

RSD Bikes The Mayor

mtbr member
    Yeah ok you are probably solid with the drop in chain ring size...

Muskoka
    I hope so! Otherwise I'm going to beg for a few links from the LBS. If I had to buy a new chain to replace a new chain I would not be happy!

RSD Bikes The Mayor

Muskoka
    Look at the pic by the wood pile. Looks like I'm on the 36t cog and the derailleur is just past verticle...what do you think?

RSD Bikes The Mayor

mtbr member
    You look fine as my dh bikes are usually at the 3:30-4 o clock position.

mtbr member
    I hope so! Otherwise I'm going to beg for a few links from the LBS. If I had to buy a new chain to replace a new chain I would not be happy!
    From the oneup instructionsName:  4link_7fd5f8bb-400e-41a0-8338-ce868f347eba.png
Views: 897
Size:  24.8 KB
    BBB (big beautiful bike)

Muskoka

Oneup Conversion

Really surprised to have my Oneup 42T&16T package delivered to my door on a Sunday morning!!! Perfect timing though... a drizzly day so got right on it. Easy conversion for SRAM X7 - only adjustment needed was the B limit screw, and I still have a few turns left before that screw bottoms out!

RSD Bikes The Mayor

mtbr member
    No chain change? Should see mine in about 2 weeks...

Muskoka
    No chain change? Should see mine in about 2 weeks...
    Sweet, ants are biting good???!!
    I hear the 2015 Mayor are all sold out as of beginning December, so what the bike shops have in stock or in transit will be all she wrote!
    No change to the chain length, I think its good. Probably wasn't shortened by the LBS when they swapped out the 32t chain ring for a 30t

RSD Bikes The Mayor

mtbr member
    Lol BCD you know it...

Rocking on a Rocky
    I'm running 32-42 with the original chain.

mtbr member
    Oh boy, my mayor is finally at the lbs, should be picking up tomorrow or tonight. Pics soon.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by OCDKV View Post
    Oh boy, my mayor is finally at the lbs, should be picking up tomorrow or tonight. Pics soon.
    Lucky you! Still waiting for my place to get theirs and then needs to be shipped out to me. Ugh!

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Two Mayors arrived today at the shop and they are a pair of sweet looking bikes!

mtbr member

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"

On my way home with this absolute beauty. Worth the wait.

Rocking on a Rocky
    Now I want a blue one?

mtbr member

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"

Quote Originally Posted by OCDKV View Post

On my way home with this absolute beauty. Worth the wait.
    Sweet! Which size is that? Like the blue...

mtbr member
    You guys swapping for buds/lous or are they coming that way up north...

mtbr member
    It's a medium, pictures don't do the blue justice, it's gorgeous

mtbr member
    Swapped bud/lou. I got 400 of the 45nrt concave studs for the xl's

Muskoka
    I also swapped for Bud & Lou, $50 extra for me. Nice to see some good pics of these bikes coming in. There is a Raw at my lbs now but it wasn't built when I was in last. Next time I'm there will get some pics..if it lasts that long!

RSD Bikes The Mayor

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I didn't think I liked the blue but that bike changed my mind ! Looks so sweet with the bud n Lou unstoppable!

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk
    2014 Devinci Carbon Troy Xp
    2015 Mongoose Vinson Fat bike

Muskoka
    Yeah I emailed with Alex and he said his date is the 15th and the pedal the planet 22nd. If all falls into place it should be at my doorstep by the 24th. That would make for a very good Christmas present!
    Quote Originally Posted by aarontriton View Post
    I didn't think I liked the blue but that bike changed my mind ! Looks so sweet with the bud n Lou unstoppable!

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk
    The RSD website Mayor pics don't show these bikes being as nice as they are/ can be. Looking forward to seeing more pics from riders

RSD Bikes The Mayor

mtbr member
    May 2012
    how are the avid mech brakes? I have an older set of hope hydro and thinking about putting them on mayor if it ever gets here... I will be riding mayor mostly in cold alberta winter so mech brakes are better? or do they just suck?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by powanddirt View Post
    how are the avid mech brakes? I have an older set of hope hydro and thinking about putting them on mayor if it ever gets here... I will be riding mayor mostly in cold alberta winter so mech brakes are better? or do they just suck?
    they are actually good, for a mech brake. I have done back to back rides on different Fat bikes, a Mayor with Avids, and a bike set up with Hope Tech's. Imho they both have great stopping power, the hydros just feel a tab bit more refined. If you have the hopes keep em around, but give the avids a good go for sure.
    Product designer @RSDBikes.com

"Live dangerously and you live right."
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Rocking on a Rocky
    Quote Originally Posted by powanddirt View Post
    The bigger disc help a lot.

mtbr member
    The wait has been ridiculous, now 10 days and counting for them to arrive from RSD headquarters to pedal the planet. How do things ship 2days from half way around the world and then something that's less then 24 hr drive take almost 2weeks? Looks like it won't be at my door before end of the year. Would not do this again considering I seen others buying fatboys day after day. Ok rant over...

Muskoka
    Yeah I emailed with Alex and he said his date is the 15th and the pedal the planet 22nd. If all falls into place it should be at my doorstep by the 24th. That would make for a very good Christmas present!
    The wait has been ridiculous, now 10 days and counting for them to arrive from RSD headquarters to pedal the planet. How do things ship 2days from half way around the world and then something that's less then 24 hr drive take almost 2weeks? Looks like it won't be at my door before end of the year. Would not do this again considering I seen others buying fatboys day after day. Ok rant over...
    The Xmas break affected shipping to the States. They posted about it somewhere, should be soon. And...do you really want to ride something called Fatboy!!? Zero effort and imagination went into naming that bike!

RSD Bikes The Mayor

mtbr member
    No that's why I went with the mayor over the evil "S" but continually told new dates since October has now left me rethinking my choice going forward. How are they going to handle warranty issues? Where's the phone number to call? I have no doubt it's a great bike but I wonder about the behind the scenes of the company. Been through this with Misfit brand. Go read where that's ended up.

Muskoka
    No that's why I went with the mayor over the evil "S" but continually told new dates since October has now left me rethinking my choice going forward. How are they going to handle warranty issues? Where's the phone number to call? I have no doubt it's a great bike but I wonder about the behind the scenes of the company. Been through this with Misfit brand. Go read where that's ended up.
    I'm guessing the constant date extentions is their supplier's fault. I know from their facebook page that bikes have all arrived just before Xmas and have been shipped out. You have an online retailer I think? So another shipping stage over the holidays. Should be any day now, I think you will be very happy when you see the bike, they really are nice! What colour did you order?

RSD Bikes The Mayor

mtbr member
    I will for sure but the process just stinks. Been missing a bunch of fatty get togethers which added to my early morning rant 😠 I am pissed that an 11 hr drive from rsd to Tennessee has turned into now 10+ days. PtP are miffed as they expected before Xmas and yes I still have another shipping stage. It has become a running joke now around my circle. Black. Like all my other bikes. By the way it took half the time to get my custom Seven road bike then this bike,go figure...

mtbr member
    Alex and the gang at RSD have only been around a couple of years and are still figuring things out and I'm pretty sure this will be a big lesson for them to perhaps give a little more lead time on their estimated delivery dates. I pre-ordered mine in July and dropped half the cost down as a down-payment so I know all too well your frustration and I would have been riding a RM Blizzard a month ago if it wasn't for the issues with the rear hub and Lou fitment. I'm glad I found the patience to hold off as anything else I rode just didn't measure up to The Mayor. You'll love it, and soon the running joke will turn to envy

mtbr member
    May 2012
    im on the same boat as mattybfat...was told its coming any min by my shop on 22nd and still no words. ive played this waiting game with 1st generation jones splitboard...lost good 2months of riding and was pissed. especially frustrating since ive planned my Christmas and new years around riding the mayor...but this does happen especially to a new company and we all want to support a new small Canadian bike company that makes phat fat bikes. yes, for sure I do. but c'mon already!!

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Be thankful you didn't order a mutant....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TuTone T View Post
    Be thankful you didn't order a mutant....
    What's the current wait on a Mutant?

Muskoka

Trail Test - OneUp Conversion...

So with Xmas out of the way I was finally able to trail test the OneUp 42t/16t Conversion I added to my 1x10 Mayor. No doubt this is one of the best improvements one can do to the stock bike for anyone riding mostly on snow. Now I can easily spin up the steeper climbs without fear of blowing out a knee! This along with Grip Shift and 30T chain ring has the bike pretty much how I like it and I'm happy as a clam! All we need now is more snow...

RSD Bikes The Mayor

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Snugs View Post
    What's the current wait on a Mutant?
    I Don't know I gave up, never got one. 1st batch had some shipping damage issues.

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    Does anyone have a picture of a Raw frame? I'm still waiting on mine.

I've been emailing Wendy from Pedal the planet regarding my order and haven't received a single reply. It would be great if I could at least get an ETA.

Muskoka
    No pics yet but there was one on the bike stand at Muskoka Outfitters just being built last time I was in. Looks great, very bright high gloss finish, not dull and flat the way some raws are done. What I mean is some raws that I have seen look like they missed the paint booth. The Mayor has a very polished and finished look. If it's still there next week I will takes some pics.

Quote Originally Posted by will2daizzo View Post
    Does anyone have a picture of a Raw frame? I'm still waiting on mine.

I've been emailing Wendy from Pedal the planet regarding my order and haven't received a single reply. It would be great if I could at least get an ETA.

RSD Bikes The Mayor

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    If it's still there next week I will takes some pics.
    Thanks man! Appreciate it!

If I don't hear back from them soon, I'm just going to drop my order and get a Framed Alaskan instead.

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast