Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Is anyone running tubeless with the stock wheelset on their Mayor? I'm not really happy with the fit of the snowshoes and the stock tubes and am considering tubeless.
    winter sucks.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Snugs View Post
    Is anyone running tubeless with the stock wheelset on their Mayor? I'm not really happy with the fit of the snowshoes and the stock tubes and am considering tubeless.
    what size did tyou end up with?
    pics?

Muskoka
    Quote Originally Posted by mattybfat View Post
    Yeah I emailed with Alex and he said his date is the 15th and the pedal the planet 22nd. If all falls into place it should be at my doorstep by the 24th. That would make for a very good Christmas present!
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCanoeDog View Post
    I think we are all as stoked with anticipation as you are!
    So??? Delivered or no??
    https://get.google.com/albumarchive/...127?source=pwa

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"
    Rocky Mountain Sherpa Overland

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ADKMTNBIKER View Post
    what size did tyou end up with?
    pics?
    I got the small. I still need to weigh it, but there is no way it's under 30lb. Most bikes I can run either small or medium (like surly) but the Mayor does seem to run on the bigger size for a small. Took it out on my local trail in about 4" of pretty loose stuff. Was able to ride up a few climbs through sets of footprints from others pushing their bikes which was nice. RSD Bikes "The Mayor"-wp_20150110_15_07_57_pro.jpgRSD Bikes "The Mayor"-wp_20150110_15_08_05_pro.jpgRSD Bikes "The Mayor"-wp_20150110_15_23_31_pro.jpg

mtbr member
    So??? Delivered or no??
    sorry for the late response been busy building and playing with my new toy. answer is yes and took it out for a 20 miler yesterday, it was glorious...

mtbr member

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"

Tossed on the 30T and increased the pressure of the studded XL's and headed out. I really appreciated the lower gearing, and the increased pressure in the XL's really made them come alive (12psi front and back).

This is my first fatbike and I'm learning fast that there is no 'set it and forget it' tire pressure, that every ride is going to be different based on trail conditions, your type of riding and trail type/topography. This to me just adds to the fun factor.

I love this bike

mtbr member

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"

A few from yesterday, Even did some frozen lake riding among the ice fishers...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RSD Bikes "The Mayor"-uploadfromtaptalk1420981874446.jpg  

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"-uploadfromtaptalk1420981930974.jpg  

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"-uploadfromtaptalk1420982002291.jpg  

Muskoka
    sorry for the late response been busy building and playing with my new toy. answer is yes and took it out for a 20 miler yesterday, it was glorious...
    WOO-HOO finally! Nice to see all the pics now of the Mayors.
    Muskoka got 3 ft of snow in the past week so my recreation is skiing and snow shoeing for now. Once the sled trails get groomed in and firmed up I'll be back

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"

mtbr member
    A few from yesterday, Even did some frozen lake riding among the ice fishers...
    Looking sweet!

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Finally got out for the first ride this morning. The Mayor 'feels' a lot bigger than my old first gen Mukluk running the same tires, but I'll try a 60mm stem to dial in the fit. Fun bike otherwise.

Medium frameset
    LB carbon 90s, tubeless
    Hope Fatsnos
    D5 / BUD combo
    RF Turbine Cinch crank
    1080 cassette w/ Oneup 42T cog
    X7 shifter
    X9 clutch derailleur
    Elixer 3 stoppers
    Wellgo MG1 Ti pedals
    730mm bars
    cheapo carbon post

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"-20150111_110747.jpg
    RSD Bikes "The Mayor"-20150111_110841.jpg
    RSD Bikes "The Mayor"-20150111_110634-576x1024-.jpg

aka bOb
    Sweet looking whip!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 47flattie View Post
    Finally got out for the first ride this morning. The Mayor 'feels' a lot bigger than my old first gen Mukluk running the same tires, but I'll try a 60mm stem to dial in the fit. Fun bike otherwise.

Medium frameset
    LB carbon 90s, tubeless
    Hope Fatsnos
    D5 / BUD combo
    RF Turbine Cinch crank
    1080 cassette w/ Oneup 42T cog
    X7 shifter
    X9 clutch derailleur
    Elixer 3 stoppers
    Wellgo MG1 Ti pedals
    730mm bars
    cheapo carbon post

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150111_110747.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	172.2 KB 
ID:	954739

Name:	20150111_110841.jpg 
Views:	249 
Size:	142.4 KB 
ID:	954740

Name:	20150111_110634 (576x1024).jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	399.5 KB 
ID:	954741
    beautiful bike. Does the Mayor come with the Turbine Cinch? Or did you have to switch it out too?

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Thanks--I bought an empty frameset. I believe the complete bike comes with the standard Turbine crank.

mtbr member
    LB rims built by you? If so did you have trouble with deforming at the nipples when brought to full tension. Wheel builder in my area said his batch showed pull and said the wall was to thin. I only ask because I have a set coming that I am gonna build and wanted to know if others had this experience. Sweet ride!

Also anybody have issue with a 42 cog and getting the B screw set proper. I was given a longer one and stripped the threads initially trying to adjust. x7 rear D is garbage, the tension leader completely is useless. I ended up drilling and tapping new threads and the alignment is still off. Gonna add double nuts so it catches and order a proper rear D. I never owned anything below x9 and i guess i know why...

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    A friend of mine built them up, with the gloss finish you can see a very slight deformation area at the nipples. That said he did not take them all the way up to the 120kg max tension rating. I went with Sapim laser spokes. Setting up tubeless was a snap!

Both of my bikes run the 42t cog and X9 rear D, original B-tension screw adjusted about half way in on both.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 47flattie View Post
    Thanks--I bought an empty frameset. I believe the complete bike comes with the standard Turbine crank.
    nice work.

mtbr member
    I can't wait to see my Mayor. My hands are getting sweaty thinking about it, or is that from the last cup of tea I just had?

mtbr member
    I have 3 rides on my and think I have my cockpit dialed. The X7 rear D is a complete piece of junk! B screw stripped on first adjustment for 42t, it totally missed the the push pin. Tapped and set with a 10/32 screw.
    Other then that bike is a wiz love the time spent on it...

Muskoka
    That's odd. I had no problem with my X7 when I added the 42t. Adjusted the B limit a few turns and it was all good. Would chain length be a factor?

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"

mtbr member
    Chain was good, I think it was a lemon or the shop screwed it up from the get go.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by OCDKV View Post

Tossed on the 30T and increased the pressure of the studded XL's and headed out. I really appreciated the lower gearing, and the increased pressure in the XL's really made them come alive (12psi front and back).

This is my first fatbike and I'm learning fast that there is no 'set it and forget it' tire pressure, that every ride is going to be different based on trail conditions, your type of riding and trail type/topography. This to me just adds to the fun factor.

I love this bike
    is this the 30T you went with?

http://www.amazon.com/Race-Face-104m.../dp/B00DBRV9EK

mtbr member

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"

Yep, that's the one.

mtbr member
    I should have my Mayor within the week and am looking to have a 30 up front.
    I may end up switching to the RFCinch to have more options.

Rocking on a Rocky
    I should have my Mayor within the week and am looking to have a 30 up front.
    I may end up switching to the RFCinch to have more options.
    Just put a 26 or 28 granny on for winter riding.
    It doesn't matter what I ride as long as I ride it Rubber Side Down●~●.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyJo1 View Post
    Just put a 26 or 28 granny on for winter riding.
    I may just do that. Shoot, I could put a 22 on. The only problem may be tire rub. Has anyone tried using the granny gear on the Turbine with the Mayor yet?
    Last edited by ADKMTNBIKER; 01-17-2015 at 11:45 AM.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    My mayor
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RSD Bikes "The Mayor"-20150114_232449.jpg  

mtbr member
    May 2012
    had about total of 20km in snow so far on my large mayor. im 6ft and was thinking medium but the shop convinced me to go with large instead. I usually ride medium trail bikes so was a bit worry about it and Im still not sure if it was a good choice or not... top tube length are actually really good but the seat tube length at 21inches feels pretty high. when I slam the seat down it still feel like im on my toe and I cant manual well because the seat is there. with seat high, pedalling position is really good and it climbs in snow like a champ seated down and loving it. how do you guys find the fit in relation to your height and length? it seem like people are riding it with seat posts set higher than mine...other than that im sold on fat biking. the fact I can go ride mountain bike all season is a game changer!

Rocking on a Rocky
    I may just do that. Shot, I could put a 22 on. The only problem may be tire rub. Has anyone tried using the granny gear on the Turbine with the Mayor yet?
    Yes.

mtbr member
    Yes.

yes, you used a granny or yes there will be rubbing?

I rot before I ripen
    I got my Mayor. Will post pics later, but first, how many spacers on bottom bracket? Thanks! Damon

Rocking on a Rocky
    yes, you used a granny or yes there will be rubbing?
    Yes for the granny no for the rubbing.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rockyjo1 View Post
    yes for the granny no for the rubbing.
    nice!!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by powanddirt View Post
    how do you guys find the fit in relation to your height and length? it seem like people are riding it with seat posts set higher than mine...other than that im sold on fat biking. the fact I can go ride mountain bike all season is a game changer!
    The Mayor definitely both fits and rides pretty big for the size I have. I typically fit between a small and medium frame and went with the small. It fits me pretty well, and the Mayor is actually very similar in fit to my Soul Cycles Dillinger which I always considered to be nearly too big for me. Even though I fit medium in some frames, I would not go any bigger whatsoever on the Mayor.
    winter sucks.

mtbr member
    The Mayor definitely both fits and rides pretty big for the size I have. I typically fit between a small and medium frame and went with the small. It fits me pretty well, and the Mayor is actually very similar in fit to my Soul Cycles Dillinger which I always considered to be nearly too big for me. Even though I fit medium in some frames, I would not go any bigger whatsoever on the Mayor.
    I'm 5' 8.5" and went with a med. that I'll get on wed. I'm hoping it'll be great. Can't wait.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    powanddirt ,I `am real picky about frame sizing & fit & by the looks of how much seat post you have out I think I would have gone with a med.There`s other factors to consider too ,mostly toptube length ,at 6' I would think you would have been a large size but it looks like you must have short legs with that little of a post sticking out.Even with that style of frame (toptube/seattube brace) I would have gone with a med & a longer stem if you needed to stretch out more,who know I`m sure other`s may see it differently.I would see if they would swap you frames.

Rocking on a Rocky
    nice!!!
    I have 4.7 Bulldozers on mine.

mtbr member
    I have 4.7 Bulldozers on mine.
    thanks for asking the question I was thinking about. Mines coming with Bud/Lou. I'm keeping the Snowshoe XL's to stud.

mtbr member
    I'm keeping the Snowshoe XL's to stud.
    What's your plan for studs?
    winter sucks.

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by levee67 View Post
    I got my Mayor. Will post pics later, but first, how many spacers on bottom bracket? Thanks! Damon
    nice, hope you enjoy......2 on the drive side one on the non.
    Product designer @RSDBikes.com

"Live dangerously and you live right."
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

mtbr member
    May 2012
    thanks for the input guys! from doing other sports I don't think I have short legs but who knows...however, I went for a good single track ride today and noticed a lot of things. my set and forget it setting of the seat is about 4 inches of post showing. when I have shoes on and when on snow, with seat down Im not on my toes and didn't feel that it was too high. I learnt that to have fun riding single track on snow you need to have your seat pretty high as you will be pedalling a lot( unless of course you are just riding downhill). I like the reach of large mayor with 50mm stem. a bit more stretched out compare to my summer ride but since I gotta pedal a lot on snow roomy cockpit felt nice. I really dislike riding with long stem but maybe it would feel good with med mayor...I just never felt riding fast with long stems. may need to look into bluto though. im not skilled enough to hold the line after jumps with rigid fork lol

mtbr member
    Yeah more mayors more white powder...

I rot before I ripen
    Quote Originally Posted by kreater View Post
    nice, hope you enjoy......2 on the drive side one on the non.
    Hey, kreater, thanks for the quick reply! One more question below...

Right now I'm running one spacer on each end, plus the two BB axle adapters. Seems to work, but I'll fix tomorrow.

Man, was I a little puzzled when I first pushed the axle through the bottom bracket, and it stuck out an inch on each side!

Then I remembered the little cups in a bag, which I thought were extra hub cups for the wheels!

I have the flange/lip end against the bottom bracket. Is that correct?

Looking forward to the first ride tomorrow. Most of the snow is gone in Tahoe, so it'll be a dirt ride.

damon
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RSD Bikes "The Mayor"-img_20150117_163708.jpg  

Last edited by levee67; 01-17-2015 at 09:32 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    I have Bulldozers on my Mayor as well but haven't had a chance to ride them in the snow. They are excellent in mud but was wondering about the white stuff.....have you been in snow yet?

I rot before I ripen

First Rides with the Mayor

Between my wife and I, we put in over 20 miles this past weekend on the new Mayor. I reconned upper Pony Express to see if I could ride the 4-6 inches of snow at Echo Summit in South Lake Tahoe, but the snow was too deep and soft, and a multitude of hikers' post holes made it 100% push-the-bike.

I ended up bailing down a snow-covered fire road that was packed enough for me to actually ride the bike. My wife picked me up and a little later, I rode the XP from Strawberry to Kyburz, which was completely snow free.

On Sunday, my wife took the same ride on XP. Like me, she loved the bike.

Some observations.

On snow, I was down to 10 psi, but I was never able to really "ride" in the snow, even when the snow was hard enough for me to walk on without post holing. I'm wondering if riding on snow is only possible during certain conditions. I guess I'll find out. I ordered some GripStuds, so I'll give those a try, along with dropping tire pressure to 5-8 psi.

On dirt, the tires were at 20 psi and felt great. With the 1x11, I was able to climb super steep hills that left the rear wheel on my Blur spinning in the dirt.

The Mayor is around 32 pounds I think [just weighed it: 34.67 pounds], and with the 1x11, pedaling was not a chore. Certainly not as good as the Blur, but much easier than my 40-pound freeride bike, which I've ridden on the XP many times.

Best of all, The Mayor was a blast to ride on the downhills. With less travel the the Blur, I felt confident enough to blast downhill, riding over the largest pine cones, hitting rock drops and water bars to get some air. Good times!

Lastly, RSD put together a great bike. The bike is well made, the components fit right, and the bike looks bad ass.

Here's some pics from the first ride.

damon
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RSD Bikes "The Mayor"-20150118_142936.jpg  

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"-img_20150118_143100.jpg  

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"-img_20150118_163136.jpg  

Last edited by levee67; 01-22-2015 at 10:36 PM.

mtbr member
    picked it up today, here's a few phone pics 8-)

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"-img_1000.jpg
    I just picked up this beauty a few days ago. The bike shop and Alex at RSD say that this is a med. Alex said that they had to change the headtube size mid-production to accommodate the BLUTO. It measures at 150 mm on all the sizes of bikes. Which is 10-30mm larger than any of the bikes labeled on the RSD website.

It does feel a little big to me and I was hoping that you could do a some measuring of your med. for me? Alex said that they didn't change any of the other tube measurements. So your med. should be the same as this one.

On another note. The bike is awesome and a blast to ride. I give a more in depth review and head to head to head against the Specialized Fatboy and the Surly Ice Cream Truck soon.

mtbr member
    Sweet, looks great... If get a chance I will measure. The seattube water bottle cage is useless by the way. I am gonna change mine to a flask holder...

mtbr member
    The seattube water bottle cage is useless by the way. I am gonna change mine to a flask holder...
    The King Cage version fits well on my small Mayor.... RSD Bikes "The Mayor"-wp_20150110_15_08_05_pro.jpg
    winter sucks.

mtbr member

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"

The King Cage version fits well on my small Mayor.... Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20150110_15_08_05_Pro.jpg 
Views:	460 
Size:	158.0 KB 
ID:	958005
    That's the one 😊

mtbr member
    The King Cage version fits well on my small Mayor.... Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20150110_15_08_05_Pro.jpg 
Views:	460 
Size:	158.0 KB 
ID:	958005
    that's so burly.

mtbr member
    Sweet, looks great... If get a chance I will measure. The seattube water bottle cage is useless by the way. I am gonna change mine to a flask holder...
    Thanks. It'll be interesting to see.

Rocking on a Rocky
    My head hub is 150 mm.

mtbr member
    My head hub is 150 mm.
    nice. Thanks. Have you posted a pic. of your Mayor?

Muskoka
    I just picked up this beauty a few days ago. The bike shop and Alex at RSD say that this is a med. Alex said that they had to change the headtube size mid-production to accommodate the BLUTO. It measures at 150 mm on all the sizes of bikes. Which is 10-30mm larger than any of the bikes labeled on the RSD website.

It does feel a little big to me and I was hoping that you could do a some measuring of your med. for me? Alex said that they didn't change any of the other tube measurements. So your med. should be the same as this one.

On another note. The bike is awesome and a blast to ride. I give a more in depth review and head to head to head against the Specialized Fatboy and the Surly Ice Cream Truck soon.
    My HTL is 120mm. Early 2015 production, size medium...

I'm not understanding why they would change HTL for Bluto!? Norco Bigfoot & RM Blizzard have even shorter HT to name two. Lots of them out there with Blutos

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"

mtbr member

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"

Got some snow finally, though wet and heavy. Should be good in a day or two...

mtbr member
    My HTL is 120mm. Early 2015 production, size medium...

I'm not understanding why they would change HTL for Bluto!? Norco Bigfoot & RM Blizzard have even shorter HT to name two. Lots of them out there with Blutos
    Alex at RSD said that they had to change the HT length so that the BLUTO crown would fit under the down tube. And it does by the slimmest of margins. I'll get a photo of that soon. The Blizzard and Bigfoot may have the BLUTO but can the bars spin? Also their downtube may be at different angle to allow the crown room. Not sure.

mtbr member
    RSD Bikes "The Mayor"-img_1017.jpgRSD Bikes "The Mayor"-img_1019.jpgRSD Bikes "The Mayor"-img_1015.jpgRSD Bikes "The Mayor"-img_1016.jpgRSD Bikes "The Mayor"-img_1021.jpgRSD Bikes "The Mayor"-img_1026.jpg
    Here are a few shots from my second ride with The Mayor. We went out for a couple hours in temps of the mid 30's. Beautiful day, a bit icy under the fresh inch of snow. The Bud and Lou are great but studs would offer much more control for the conditions.

Muskoka
    Alex at RSD said that they had to change the HT length so that the BLUTO crown would fit under the down tube. And it does by the slimmest of margins.
    Really!! That's an issue? Doesn't seem to be for bikes with double crown forks?

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"

mtbr member
    Really!! That's an issue? Doesn't seem to be for bikes with double crown forks?
    I don't know what to tell ya, except that. That's what Alex said last week.
    There must have been some issue or they wouldn't have changed design mid-production.

He said none of the other tubes were changed. Would you be willing to measure your ST and TT? Yours should be 490mmST and 585mmTT. I'll do mine tonight when I get to my bike. It's not at home right now.

Thanks in advance.

Muskoka
    Yep...585 TT & 490 ST. Not that I care but RSD should publish whatever issue they have re Bluto on early production 2015 frames on their website. If someone did a Bluto upgrade and it didn't fit I would think they would be thoroughly pissed!

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"

mtbr member
    Yep...585 TT & 490 ST. Not that I care but RSD should publish whatever issue they have re Bluto on early production 2015 frames on their website. If someone did a Bluto upgrade and it didn't fit I would think they would be thoroughly pissed!
    He said that they're going to update the site soon. But, yes. I agree. Maybe it would work with spacers under the headset?

mtbr member
    When did they start to sell The Mayor with the BLUTO?

Muskoka

Sunday & Sunshine 8-)

Here is a ride I love to do right from the house. It's in the same area as my shoeing trail, which Blue and I do every night after I come home from work. Only got a few pics, I forgot to recharge my battery since the last shoot and it was almost dead

STIL

whoohoo...lakes are safe now

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"

mtbr member
    Our favorite shop - Pro Mountain Outfitters - in Bridgeport, WV got two of these for us. My wife rides a MED, and I got the XL. (for sizing purposes, I simply matched them up as close to our XC bikes as possible. I was a little worried when I saw the height with the Snowshoe XLs ... but the fits are perfect) These are our first Fat bikes, and we're loving them so far. Here's a pic from yesterday at Cooper's Rock just outside of Morgantown WV.
    RSD Bikes "The Mayor"-t-rsd.jpg

Muskoka

from tonight...

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"

mtbr member
    BCD your love for photos shows, I can tell. Awesome quality, not to mention your impressive canvas.

Muskoka
    BCD your love for photos shows, I can tell. Awesome quality, not to mention your impressive canvas.
    Thanks, much appreciated!

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"

mtbr member
    Dec 2014

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"-imageuploadedbytapatalk1422573926.177313.jpgRSD Bikes "The Mayor"-imageuploadedbytapatalk1422573944.860276.jpgRSD Bikes "The Mayor"-imageuploadedbytapatalk1422573959.919761.jpgRSD Bikes "The Mayor"-imageuploadedbytapatalk1422573974.930583.jpgRSD Bikes "The Mayor"-imageuploadedbytapatalk1422573988.595757.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenchman1 View Post

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422573926.177313.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	356.9 KB 
ID:	959802Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422573944.860276.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	352.2 KB 
ID:	959803Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422573959.919761.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	356.6 KB 
ID:	959804Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422573974.930583.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	332.7 KB 
ID:	959805Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422573988.595757.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	246.8 KB 
ID:	959806

Nice ride. Is that a med. size?

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    The blue compression adjuster barely clears the downtube on my mayor.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracer650 View Post
    The blue compression adjuster barely clears the downtube on my mayor.
    yeah. Same here. This is why they changed the HT size to 150mm.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    So anybody try a 100mm bluto on their mayor? I'm going to convert mine when the air springs come back into stock.

mtbr member
    that shouldn't change the crown height or am i wrong?

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    No it will change the static, head angle, bb height, and seat tube angle...

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I was curious too if anyone was running 100 or even 120mm on their mayor. I understand that the angles and heights would change but you could effectively run more sag (30-40%) and bring the ride height down to 80mm equivalent. Would make the bluto nice and plush.

I was also wondering what peoples thoughts were on the head angle, in all of the pictures here (by the way the bikes look amazing) the head angle looks rather steep compared to other fat bikes. Just curious how you find they ride because of that?

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    The head angle is a little steep compared to other bikes but it handles fine. It's not as stable on steep gnarly stuff but that's not what I bought this bike for. This is the reason I want to put a 100mm spring in the fork. I actually wouldn't run the fork much softer as I think it's better firm. I only need it to take the edge off.

I'm concerned with the seat angle getting to slack if I go 120 so I'm not going to. 100 should be fine.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Please, can someone with L and M frames post up stand over height where the seattube brace and top tube connect. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Mar 2013

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"

Quote Originally Posted by wadedro View Post
    Please, can someone with L and M frames post up stand over height where the seattube brace and top tube connect. Thanks!
    Size L - 29.5"

mtbr member
    You mean at the top of the "V" where brace and toptube connect, correct?
    I'm getting 29.5" for the Medium.
    FWIW, the XL is measuring 29.75".

Both with stock rigid fork.

Also interestingly, the head tube length is the exact same for the Med. and XL. at roughly 5-7/8"

mtbr member
    Mar 2013

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"

Quote Originally Posted by horizontallyopposed View Post
    Size L - 29.5"
    i should say, that's a large with rigid fork, not Bluto

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    thanks guys exactly what I needed. Now to decide on frame color. To those with black how is the top coat holding? does the frame scratch easily? Leaning towards raw At this point. Thx

mtbr member
    Mar 2013

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"

thanks guys exactly what I needed. Now to decide on frame color. To those with black how is the top coat holding? does the frame scratch easily? Leaning towards raw At this point. Thx
    I can't comment on how the frame is holding up as I am currently in a cast however I really like the raw frames. My shop only ordered a couple as they weren't sure what it would really look like, but it is a super cool colour.

mtbr member
    Took The Mayor out last night for a few hours. Great riding. Great fun.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RSD Bikes "The Mayor"-img_1102.jpg  

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    to confirm, all new models shipping out have a 150mm HT?

mtbr member
    to confirm, all new models shipping out have a 150mm HT?
    It appears so. My size small 2015 Mayor also has the 150mm head tube.
    winter sucks.

mtbr member
    I called RSD about this when I got my bike. Alex at RSD said that they changed the HT size on all the bikes to 150 mm to accommodate the BLUTO. He said that they wanted to have clearance for the crown. Which they do have by the slimmest of margins. I took a shot but it's hard to see the gap. I think I'd have a hard time fitting a piece of paper in between the DT and the crown, but it doesn't touch!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RSD Bikes "The Mayor"-img_1039.jpg  

mtbr member
    Wow, my small frame with the rigid fork measures 29-5/8". Are you running the stock snowshoes?
    winter sucks.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    anyone know anywhere else besides PedalThePlanet you can pick up a frame/fork? no medium frame/carbon forks in stock. I did email RSD directly today to check as well. thanks

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    also, who makes the wheels on the complete bike? anyone set em up tubeless yet?

mtbr member
    also, who makes the wheels on the complete bike? anyone set em up tubeless yet?
    I bought the 1x11 complete bike and mine have what seem like Weinmann rims laced to "Fatlab" hubs. They don't look promising for tubeless, but others on this thread may disagree with me. I am running 5-9 psi with the stock maxxis tubes. The ride is decent at the lower pressure, but would certainly be improved as a tubeless setup. I just don't think the rims will hold the bead very well at those lower pressures. Ghetto tubeless might be an option.
    winter sucks.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Werd on the ghetto method. Thank you

mtbr member
    Mar 2013

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"

Wow, my small frame with the rigid fork measures 29-5/8". Are you running the stock snowshoes?
    yes, stock snowshoes.

Rocking on a Rocky
    I called RSD about this when I got my bike. Alex at RSD said that they changed the HT size on all the bikes to 150 mm to accommodate the BLUTO. He said that they wanted to have clearance for the crown. Which they do have by the slimmest of margins. I took a shot but it's hard to see the gap. I think I'd have a hard time fitting a piece of paper in between the DT and the crown, but it doesn't touch!
    What year is this frame? 150 mm head tube?

mtbr member

mtbr member
    anyone know anywhere else besides PedalThePlanet you can pick up a frame/fork? no medium frame/carbon forks in stock. I did email RSD directly today to check as well. thanks
    any luck with the med. search? I like my bike a lot, but am also looking at an ICT. I may be interested in selling my med. Mayor if I like the ICT more.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"

I still have 2 weeks with a walking cast on my right ankle but had to take it for a little spin around the block as I had finished studding the tires.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    spoke to Alex at RSD another batch of frames should be coming in next week

Rocking on a Rocky
    Wish mine had the WTB seat.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    anyone running a 100mm wheel with a Bud or Lou in the rear?

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    No but I don't see it as a problem

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast