Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    I just called PTP to find out where my frameset is and they said they are expecting to receive the RSD shipment tomorrow. I'm getting a bit frustrated with the ongoing ship date changes.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    I am guessing that the holidays and "fatbike frenzy" that occurred this year caught them off guard, perhaps some supplier issues as well. I ordered my Mayor in July during the "slow" fatbike season and it arrived quickly to Alaska and Alex was very quick to get back to me when I had questions.

I have had excellent customer service as well; I needed a spare hanger and one arrived at my doorstep in Anchorage 5 days later.

RSD is not he only company that has had delays in shipping fatbikes this year (Salsa Bucksaw, BD, etc) so the best thing to do is be patient if you have placed an order, or just buy another brand from your local shop. I have been very pleased with my Mayor and I would wait 2 months for another one!

mtbr member
    what size Mayor should I go with at 5ft 8.5". There's a med 1x10 I can ride at a, not so, lbs soon. when it comes in. I like the look of the Mayor a lot. It's this or the ICT.

Muskoka
    Quote Originally Posted by ADKMTNBIKER View Post
    what size Mayor should I go with at 5ft 8.5". There's a med 1x10 I can ride at a, not so, lbs soon. when it comes in. I like the look of the Mayor a lot. It's this or the ICT.
    Medium. I'm same height as you and medium Mayor fits me perfectly. Nice short stem, wide bars on it too.
    https://get.google.com/albumarchive/...127?source=pwa

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"
    Rocky Mountain Sherpa Overland

mtbr member
    Go for a med, at your height. the bikes run a bit longer in the TT than most. At 5' 11" here and ride a Large with a shorter stem.
    Product designer @RSDBikes.com

"Live dangerously and you live right."
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ten80 View Post
    I am guessing that the holidays and "fatbike frenzy" that occurred this year caught them off guard, perhaps some supplier issues as well. I ordered my Mayor in July during the "slow" fatbike season and it arrived quickly to Alaska and Alex was very quick to get back to me when I had questions.

I have had excellent customer service as well; I needed a spare hanger and one arrived at my doorstep in Anchorage 5 days later.

RSD is not he only company that has had delays in shipping fatbikes this year (Salsa Bucksaw, BD, etc) so the best thing to do is be patient if you have placed an order, or just buy another brand from your local shop. I have been very pleased with my Mayor and I would wait 2 months for another one!
    So did you end up with a 2014 model in that case? It's good to hear they are better with customer service than they have been with this years shipments.
    winter sucks.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    I third the medium size recommendation. I'm 5'8" with a 30-31" inseam and the medium fits great with a 70mm stem and non-setback seapost. Plenty of crotch clearance, even with a tall fork (Salsa Bearpaw, 478mm axle-to-crown).

Snugs, Yes, I have a 2014. I decided that the changes made for 2015 were not worth waiting for. On that note, anyone know if a Bluto will fit a 2014 medium frame?

thanks,
    Christophe

mtbr member
    I can't wait to hear from this shop that has one on the way. I'm going to call and put a deposit on it now so it won't sell under me before I can get there.

mtbr member
    what kind of hubs come with those 80mm rims?

Rocking on a Rocky
    Maxxis 2.5 2.7 DH tubes stock on mine.
    It doesn't matter what I ride as long as I ride it Rubber Side Down●~●.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyJo1 View Post
    what kind of hubs are those?

Muskoka
    Quote Originally Posted by mattybfat View Post
    Yeah I emailed with Alex and he said his date is the 15th and the pedal the planet 22nd. If all falls into place it should be at my doorstep by the 24th. That would make for a very good Christmas present!
    what kind of hubs come with those 80mm rims?
    See page 9

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"

Muskoka
    Yeah I emailed with Alex and he said his date is the 158th and the pedal the planet 22nd. If all falls into place it should be at my doorstep by the 24th. That would make for a very good Christmas present!
    Surly tubes on mine

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"

Rocking on a Rocky
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCanoeDog View Post
    Surly tubes on mine
    You change them?

Muskoka
    You change them?
    The bike was built for me with Bud and Lou, not the Snowshoe XLs. The shop told me they put Surly tubes in it.

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"

mtbr member
    The bike was built for me with Bud and Lou, not the Snowshoe XLs. The shop told me they put Surly tubes in it.
    Why did you switch over to Bud/Lou? Is the footprint any different on an 80mm rim? I have heard good things about the snowshoe's other than they are pretty heavy.
    winter sucks.

mtbr member
    Last edited by mattybfat; 01-01-2015 at 09:23 PM.

Muskoka
    Quote Originally Posted by Snugs View Post
    Why did you switch over to Bud/Lou? Is the footprint any different on an 80mm rim? I have heard good things about the snowshoe's other than they are pretty heavy.
    Bud and Lou are the best snow tires, which is what I use my fat bike for mostly. I did 5 yrs of riding a Pugs with Endomorphs front and rear and I was fine with that. But this time no compromises lol!

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"

Muskoka

Happy New Year!

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"

I rot before I ripen
    Nice shots, BCD!

After emailing with Alex, I placed my order for an in-stock Mayor on Wednesday through The Path Bike Shop (I'm in the Bay Area), and I'm super stoked! My wife and I have been riding a SC Blur through the early winter in South Lake Tahoe and realized we could extend the season with a fat bike. After much research, the Mayor was the obvious choice for our needs (shared bike; we ride solo cuz of kids). Looking forward to posting pics, and Happy New Year to all!

Attaching pic from last week's Pony Express trail ride from Strawberry to Kyburz.

damon

PS Please tell me what the orange bar that extends from rear wheel to seat is all about. Sorry for being clueless. I'm new to snow.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RSD Bikes "The Mayor"-img_20141227_115900.jpg  

Muskoka

BikeTowLeash

Quote Originally Posted by levee67 View Post
    Nice shots, BCD!
    PS Please tell me what the orange bar that extends from rear wheel to seat is all about. Sorry for being clueless. I'm new to snow.
    no worries, the question comes up a lot lol! it's a leash for my dog, the best on the market imo. it's called The Running Dog Bike Tow Leash.
    Keeps him safe if I ride the streets to a trailhead, then clips in under the saddle when not needed. mounts or removes from the bike in seconds.
    He can tow me with it too, which is great fun!

Dog Lead Leash | Dog Bike Leash | Bike Dog Leash | Bike Tow Leash

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"

mtbr member
    So I recently sold off the Pugsley that I had been riding for almost five years, and was shopping for a new ride. Unlike back in the day when you couldn't even buy a complete build, today there is a lot of choice, with many brands at every price point well represented here in Muskoka. I had it narrowed down to between the RM Blizzard and RSD Bikes The Mayor. The Mayor won, and sweet it is...

With Bud/Lou plus pedals..31.6 lb on the bike shop scale. I will swap out the RACEFACE saddle with my spare fi'si:k Nisene, which is a personal favourite. And I will also swap out the trigger shift for grip shift at some point soon, another favourite especially for winter riding. Everything else is just fine! 8-)

I just put $$$ down on this exact bike. I really like the look and options you choose to change. I'm asking for the same. I live in a hilly area and couldn't imagine not having the 42 on the 1x10. And the Bud and Lou tires are a must for the conditions. I could still go for the blue, if it catches my eye more than the black. I still am yet to see it in person. Based on what BlackCanoeDog has said about the sizing, I'm sure I'm going to love it. Someone else mentioned about the ride being a little more upright than the Fatboy and that's all I needed to confirm this sizing.

Thanks for the input. I'll post photo's as soon as she's mine!!!

Muskoka
    I just put $$$ down on this exact bike. I really like the look and options you choose to change. I'm asking for the same. I live in a hilly area and couldn't imagine not having the 42 on the 1x10. And the Bud and Lou tires are a must for the conditions. I could still go for the blue, if it catches my eye more than the black. I still am yet to see it in person. Based on what BlackCanoeDog has said about the sizing, I'm sure I'm going to love it. Someone else mentioned about the ride being a little more upright than the Fatboy and that's all I needed to confirm this sizing.

Thanks for the input. I'll post photo's as soon as she's mine!!!
    Sweet! Besides the 42t/16t OneUp change, I also had the shop swap out the stock 32T chain ring for a 30T. If you ride hills and in snow, you will appreciate that. The LBS did that swap at no cost.

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"

mtbr member
    Sweet! Besides the 42t/16t OneUp change, I also had the shop swap out the stock 32T chain ring for a 30T. If you ride hills and in snow, you will appreciate that. The LBS did that swap at no cost.
    Thanks for the reminder.
    I saw that you did that and was definitely going that route. But forgot to mention in the phone call to the shop. I may even drop down to a 28 for the front.

mtbr member

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"

Thanks for the reminder.
    I saw that you did that and was definitely going that route. But forgot to mention in the phone call to the shop. I may even drop down to a 28 for the front.
    I don't think you can with a 104 BTC crank. I have a raceface 30t and wolftooth 42/16 waiting plus a few other things up my sleeves. Now all I need is the Damn bike...

mtbr member
    I don't think you can with a 104 BTC crank. I have a raceface 30t and wolftooth 42/16 waiting plus a few other things up my sleeves. Now all I need is the Damn bike...
    why not?

mtbr member
    The Alaskan Alloy has this as an option and they are running the same Race Face Turbine 175mm Crank with their bike.

mtbr member
    My understanding 104 btc only will work down to a 30t though a maybe wrong, a bit of old school here. I thought most need to go to a raceface cinch crank or another direct mount.

mtbr member
    Maybe it can mount to the granny holes, or I don't know what I am talking about 😁

Rocking on a Rocky
    Maybe it can mount to the granny holes, or I don't know what I am talking about 😁
    I did running a 28 granny and 32.

mtbr member
    Alaskan Alloy Bluto | Framed Bikes

mtbr member

mtbr member
    You got my curiosity so no NW 28t in 104 BTC from one up wolftooth or raceface. So if you are looking you will need to find Someone who makes a granny mount 28t. I am smart

mtbr member
    The arms would be larger then the ring iteself. Ideally you would want the RF cinch crank or in my case a square taper BB for my middleburn cranks so you can go with a direct mount chainring. Does sram make suitable cranks because they also can use direct mount also.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015

Problems using a 42T rear ring with the XT RD

Any one else having issues with their chain jumping on the small rings "17 - down" when 42T conversion has been done? I have a XT RD and have had this happen quite often. Enough so that I removed the one-up and decided to man up

mtbr member
    I am guessing you didn't do the 17/15 swap for a 16? I did this on my wives bike and have had no problems since just buttery smooth shifting. This is on a non type 2 sram 10 speeds.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Actually I did swap out to the 16t ring but didnt like the gear ratio. The shifting was always smooth but when standing up on small climbs the torque was too much adn the chain would jump. The derailleur was adusted as close as possible and made a little difference. It seems like the hanger needs to be about an 1/8" longer to allow for more clearance and adjustment. Does RSD have other size hangers to choose from?

mtbr member
    Answer is probably not but take yours off and see if you can match it up on the wheels manufacturing site.

mtbr member
    Other option is take it off bring it to a machine shop, not a big expense. I had it done on my DH moorewood izimu where I needed it thicker.

Muskoka
    My understanding 104 btc only will work down to a 30t though a maybe wrong, a bit of old school here. I thought most need to go to a raceface cinch crank or another direct mount.
    Correct. The 30T is small as you can go on this crank

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"

Muskoka
    Quote Originally Posted by shipdog View Post
    Actually I did swap out to the 16t ring but didnt like the gear ratio. The shifting was always smooth but when standing up on small climbs the torque was too much adn the chain would jump. The derailleur was adusted as close as possible and made a little difference. It seems like the hanger needs to be about an 1/8" longer to allow for more clearance and adjustment. Does RSD have other size hangers to choose from?
    I have read elsewhere that the OneUp conversion works great with SRAM but can have issues with Shimano. I think Oneup recommends also getting one of their cages to correct this...have a look on their website

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"

Muskoka
    Thanks for the reminder.
    I think you should be good with 30T if you get the 42t in back

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"

mtbr member
    I think you should be good with 30T if you get the 42t in back
    I guess I'll have to be unless I want to go 2x10 22-36>>> 11/36

mtbr member
    I guess I'll have to be unless I want to go 2x10 22-36>>> 11/36
    I don't know what sort of terrain you ride, but for winter riding if you are running the 1x setup with a 30t chainring and the 42t on the cassette I would think that traction is going to be your limiting factor and not gearing.
    winter sucks.

mtbr member

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"

Finally got to really giv'er on the trails today. Bud/Lou are great for anything and everything except ice, I'll be switching out to the studded XL's for my next ride as I went down hard a couple times today, my own fault as B/L really give you tons of confidence.

I got the 1x11 and just ordered a 30T as I felt like I really wanted a little bit more for the when the white stuff finally gets here but for the rest of the year the 32T should be just fine.

mtbr member
    Looks great and nice pics. OCDKV, what size is that?
    winter sucks.

mtbr member
    OCD....looks killer for sure. when you get a chance run you front line on the inside of your fork. although it is a mechanical brake, no fluid loss, if you are going down you could damage the line. cheers.

mtbr member
    Thanks Snugs, she's a medium. I'm 5'11" with a 29" inseam and she fits like a glove.

Thanks for the tip kreater!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kreater View Post
    OCD....looks killer for sure. when you get a chance run you front line on the inside of your fork. although it is a mechanical brake, no fluid loss, if you are going down you could damage the line. cheers.
    kreater, is that the best reason to route the front brake housing inside the fork? I have always been more scared of getting it caught in the tire or spokes than causing damage from a crash. What's the routing setup on the Mayor carbon fork? I am still waiting on my bike to show up.

Also, is the original carbon fork spec'd on the Mayor corrected for suspension? It seems like the angles change slightly, at least from the pictures of bikes running the Bluto (without sag).
    winter sucks.

mtbr member
    kreater, is that the best reason to route the front brake housing inside the fork? I have always been more scared of getting it caught in the tire or spokes than causing damage from a crash. What's the routing setup on the Mayor carbon fork? I am still waiting on my bike to show up.

Also, is the original carbon fork spec'd on the Mayor corrected for suspension? It seems like the angles change slightly, at least from the pictures of bikes running the Bluto (without sag).

Yes keeping the cable inboard, less likely to get damaged or severed if you go down. With a Bluto, and the secure cable guide, no worries on getting it caught in the spoke. Yes any bikes that I have built up I have secured the line on the inside of the carbon fork, big zip tie some protective tape under it, then secure it to the cable guide on the fork leg.
    The carbon fork shipping with the Mayor is a 468mm, the Bluto's are slightly taller increasing the head and slightly, as well as raising the BB slightly. Both set ups ride great though.

cheers.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kreater View Post
    Yes keeping the cable inboard, less likely to get damaged or severed if you go down. With a Bluto, and the secure cable guide, no worries on getting it caught in the spoke. Yes any bikes that I have built up I have secured the line on the inside of the carbon fork, big zip tie some protective tape under it, then secure it to the cable guide on the fork leg.
    The carbon fork shipping with the Mayor is a 468mm, the Bluto's are slightly taller increasing the head and slightly, as well as raising the BB slightly. Both set ups ride great though.

cheers.
    Thanks very much! So you are saying that I am definitely doing it wrong here?

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"-brakeline.jpg

I have never had any issues, but I guess I just don't fall all that much . It sounds like at least I will get it right on my new RSD, whenever I get it.

Thanks for the fork background. You guys did a great job on this bike, the ability to run 29+ was a huge selling point for me. I like that the Bluto gives a little slacker geometry, it will go well with the skinnier tires for non-winter riding.

Cheers.
    winter sucks.

mtbr member

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"

Well I am waiting (since October) for my bike I have since collected a few things for it...
    20/20 Answer carbon bars-all about the sweep.
    3T stem was in bin box
    Ultimate levers from bin box.
    Thomson Masterpiece setback used off the fatbike trade thread
    Kingcages just because
    Phorm 210's an experiment, been a chunky forever
    Wolftooth 42/16
    Raceface NW 30t
    KMC x10SL chain
    Niner beer cap stem cap because all my bikes deserve it...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RSD Bikes "The Mayor"-uploadfromtaptalk1420333941143.jpg  

mtbr member
    Looks like you will have a nice setup when it's all over with. Please share some photos if you ever get your bike!

I'm not planning on changing anything to start. I got a King Cage Oliver Cage as a gift that I may throw on there in case things get too cold this winter. Do you prefer the Iris over the regular cages? Ron (of King Cage) is a great guy, I knew him when I used to live in Durango. I would recommend buying stuff directly from him if you don't already, he's typically a one-man operation working out of his garage with occasional help.
    winter sucks.

mtbr member
    Got them direct, don't know him but have always supported solid products and Kingcage bottle cages are Thomson are Chris King are BB7's **** that works and keeps on working...

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Just received the shipping notice for my Mayor frame + fork! Hope the rest of you that are waiting on orders from PTP got them as well.

mtbr member
    my bike is being assembled as I write this.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 47flattie View Post
    Just received the shipping notice for my Mayor frame + fork! Hope the rest of you that are waiting on orders from PTP got them as well.
    Lucky! Post some photos when you get it!
    winter sucks.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    got the call from the shop saying my raw mayor is ready to roll but unfortunately out of town until later this week. I will put some pics up when I do get it! @snugs, I don't think your cable routing is wrong but Ive crashed and damaged the lowers on the fork where your brake hose is wrapping around before and I can see if I had my set up the way yours is I may have messed it up. anyway for those who have been waiting for the mayor for a loooong time, it is true that they are on your way!!!

mtbr member
    When did you folks order? I am not gonna be happy here am I?

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Mid November for me

mtbr member
    I called a shop on 12/30 and a 18" Black had just arrived. I put $$$ down immediately. He said he called RSD and ordered 1 of the 3 remaining in Blue 18". Said The one he got on the 30th didn't have tires in the box. The factory is sending the tires and a Blue 18" as well. I'll check them both out the day they're built up. I may end up with the Blue depending on how it looks. But I'm leaning towards the Black at this point.

Rocking on a Rocky

New question here.

Any shops on the East Coast of Canada have a small? Or medium?

mtbr member
    Guess they are not going by date ordered. I have been waiting since mid October...

mtbr member
    Guess they are not going by date ordered. I have been waiting since mid October...
    I ordered mine in September...
    winter sucks.

mtbr member

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"

Give Bicycles+ in Bedford a call they might have one, but I think they only ordered what customers prepaid for.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    If you havent decided on a color you might want to look at the raw aluminum color. I got mine on the 22 of december and love the look. I'll try to post some pics ASAP but I'll tell ya.........pictures dont do it justice

Muskoka
    Yeah I emailed with Alex and he said his date is the 15th and the pedal the planet 22nd. If all falls into place it should be at my doorstep by the 24th. That would make for a very good Christmas present!
    Muskoka Outfitters has a medium raw 1x11. They also have a Facebook site Fatbikes.ca and they build and ship fat bikes to customers all the time, lots of custom builds too.

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"

mtbr member
    Jan 2015

RSD Mayor.....raw

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"-2014-12-24-00.48.09.jpgRSD Bikes "The Mayor"-2014-12-24-00.51.42.jpg

mtbr member

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"

Quote Originally Posted by shipdog View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-12-24 00.48.09.jpg 
Views:	252 
Size:	77.4 KB 
ID:	953070Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-12-24 00.51.42.jpg 
Views:	923 
Size:	106.1 KB 
ID:	953069
    That is damn sexy shipdog, a real beauty!

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Thanks man..... it rides and handles great. I really like the Bulldozers but I would be lying if I didn't admit I am thinking about swapping them for a set of Vanhelga's. ......... Any opinions?

mtbr member
    May 2012
    what size is your raw frame? looks amazing!

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    It's a large. I'm 5'10" and have a long reach so I like the stretch I get with it.

mtbr member

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"

2 hours later and the stock XL's are studded and ready to be swapped back in for the cold months. 160 in each, testing to follow.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by OCDKV View Post
    2 hours later and the stock XL's are studded and ready to be swapped back in for the cold months. 160 in each, testing to follow.

I really like the looks of what you've done here. What tires are in the picture folded up? And how much was the 45NRTH kit?

mtbr member
    I really like the looks of what you've done here. What tires are in the picture folded up? And how much was the 45NRTH kit?
    Those are the Snowshoe XL's that come stock with the new Mayor. I had Bud/Lou put on when the LBS put it together.

The 45NRTH concave studs were $21US/100pcs and I got 400 plus the tool which was $7 from Universal Cycles. Prices for the studs seem to have gone up, I've had them & B/L since September as this was my plan from the getgo. Wicked fracking cold here today so hopefully get a chance to give these a go today.

Hands are sore from the studding process might not go this rout again!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by OCDKV View Post
    Those are the Snowshoe XL's that come stock with the new Mayor. I had Bud/Lou put on when the LBS put it together.

The 45NRTH concave studs were $21US/100pcs and I got 400 plus the tool which was $7 from Universal Cycles. Prices for the studs seem to have gone up, I've had them & B/L since September as this was my plan from the getgo. Wicked fracking cold here today so hopefully get a chance to give these a go today.

Hands are sore from the studding process might not go this rout again!
    Your hands may be sore, but your gonna have some bad*ss tires for the effort. Nice work.

mtbr member
    Dec 2014

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"

Finally!!!! After almost 2months of waiting I just got my Mayor. Took it for s spin this afternoon and it is absolutely awesome.... I'm 5'6"", Alex from RSD recommended a small frame. It fits me perfectly. Did a few mods already, switch the red grips and red rims strip for all black it looks really nice. Ordered the 1x11 drivetrain and it helps a lot in deeper snow. It was a very long wait but it's worth the wait totally...RSD Bikes "The Mayor"-imageuploadedbytapatalk1420577804.679489.jpgRSD Bikes "The Mayor"-imageuploadedbytapatalk1420577829.619109.jpgRSD Bikes "The Mayor"-imageuploadedbytapatalk1420577845.083227.jpgRSD Bikes "The Mayor"-imageuploadedbytapatalk1420577864.110033.jpgRSD Bikes "The Mayor"-imageuploadedbytapatalk1420577883.829809.jpgRSD Bikes "The Mayor"-imageuploadedbytapatalk1420577900.843232.jpgRSD Bikes "The Mayor"-imageuploadedbytapatalk1420577915.092754.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Nice, this thread is about to blow up I think

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    The Mayor is a great rig and deserves the attention.

mtbr member
    Thank you players for playing along and stroking my a** after all my whining. Confirmation that The Mayor is being Shipped! It's so fat that they are sending it in 2 boxes. Lets all pray for Mr. Fed Ex man to drive straight and diligent and to not hurt this precious cargo, can I get a Amen! There is a race going on so to speak with our NJ Bike forum on another site. Turns out I have tried to keep this on a down low as I wanted to be the first in the state to own The Mayor. Turns out I was stalked on here and had by LBS owner who managed to get a stray from RSD headquarters. He gave me up straight as I was playing along on my own thread over at MTBNJ with a bunch of fatties and non fatties. Well his as of yesterday was shipped to Buffalo so the race is on.

mtbr member
    This is exciting
    FedEx
    Estimated delivery:
    Fri 1/09/2015

Muskoka
    This is exciting
    FedEx
    Estimated delivery:
    Fri 1/09/2015
    I think we are all as stoked with anticipation as you are!

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"

mtbr member

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"

I think we are all as stoked with anticipation as you are!
    Thanks BCD you have been an awesome good friend...

mtbr member
    May 2012
    just picked up my raw mayor today! im 6ft with shorter arms, ride medium banshee spitfire with 60mm stem and fits perfectly. i was originally gonna get medium mayor and put 50mm stem to bring the reach to around where spitfire is..however after sitting on large with 50mm stem it felt bang on so went with large instead. on a paper it should feel waaay longer but it really doesnt...weird. maybe head angles? installed old parts.. 50mm hi-fi stem,fubar,lynx saddle, old nrg pedals and its feeling pretty good. the bike doesnt feel too steep so i think it will be good for fun techy stuff. not sure about the brakes...i was gonna put old tech m4 and x2 on it but gave the stock mechs a try.also i think i will put 30t front eventually. first ride tonight lasted 1hr in -17c temp. brakes felt underpowered but since its my snow only ride it wont matter as much on snow? i am a first time fatty lover and i realized tonight that there are sooo much to be learned about ripping trails on snow and i love it. i have 9psi front and 10psi rear. what are you guys running? you guys were right when you said shes a beauty. looks super sweet in person. feels fairly light too. oh man im all over the place hahaha. to those who are still waiting, dont worry guys everything is gonna be wonderful.

Muskoka
    Quote Originally Posted by powanddirt View Post
    just picked up my raw mayor today! im 6ft with shorter arms, ride medium banshee spitfire with 60mm stem and fits perfectly. i was originally gonna get medium mayor and put 50mm stem to bring the reach to around where spitfire is..however after sitting on large with 50mm stem it felt bang on so went with large instead. on a paper it should feel waaay longer but it really doesnt...weird. maybe head angles? installed old parts.. 50mm hi-fi stem,fubar,lynx saddle, old nrg pedals and its feeling pretty good. the bike doesnt feel too steep so i think it will be good for fun techy stuff. not sure about the brakes...i was gonna put old tech m4 and x2 on it but gave the stock mechs a try.also i think i will put 30t front eventually. first ride tonight lasted 1hr in -17c temp. brakes felt underpowered but since its my snow only ride it wont matter as much on snow? i am a first time fatty lover and i realized tonight that there are sooo much to be learned about ripping trails on snow and i love it. i have 9psi front and 10psi rear. what are you guys running? you guys were right when you said shes a beauty. looks super sweet in person. feels fairly light too. oh man im all over the place hahaha. to those who are still waiting, dont worry guys everything is gonna be wonderful.
    Congrats...waiting for pics! Yep brakes are not a big deal riding on snow imo, I hardly use mine lol! Stop pedaling and you soon come to a stop. What I notice about the 5" tires (I have Bud & Lou on mine) is that you can run somewhat higher pressure than in the 4" tires to get equivalent float and traction so rolling resistance is not as impacted and the bike rolls better. I used to run the 4" on my Pugs well below 10 psi, whereas now I am well over and so far have not needed to "air down". Enjoy!!

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Has anyone weighed their frame? My medium frameset arrived yesterday--frame w/ der. hanger came out to 2054g, almost a pound heavier than the 3 lbs 10oz claimed weight. Other than that it appears like a nice frameset. I'll post pics after she's built up.

mtbr member
    Mine showed up yesterday afternoon and built it up last night. No rides yet, but I am hoping to sneak out from work early and get one in on the new snow we have from yesterday. I will get a weight when I get home, its a size small 1x11.

Sorry for the low light, I'll take some out in the snow later.

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"-mayor2.jpgRSD Bikes "The Mayor"-mayor.jpg
    winter sucks.

mtbr member
    Mine showed up yesterday afternoon and built it up last night. No rides yet, but I am hoping to sneak out from work early and get one in on the new snow we have from yesterday. I will get a weight when I get home, its a size small 1x11.

Sorry for the low light, I'll take some out in the snow later.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mayor2.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	93.1 KB 
ID:	954133Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mayor.jpg 
Views:	360 
Size:	103.9 KB 
ID:	954134
    i like that blue in the muted light. I'm going to go check out a couple Mayors in few days. Can't wait.

mtbr member
    i like that blue in the muted light. I'm going to go check out a couple Mayors in few days. Can't wait.
    Thanks, yeah it's a pretty color. I used to think that blue Soul Cycles Dillinger in the background was a really nice color but I actually like the Mayor blue quite a bit seeing them next to one another...
    winter sucks.

mtbr member
    Thanks, yeah it's a pretty color. I used to think that blue Soul Cycles Dillinger in the background was a really nice color but I actually like the Mayor blue quite a bit seeing them next to one another...
    Is it really that deep of a blue as the pic. represents. I know it's dark in there.

mtbr member
    Is it really that deep of a blue as the pic. represents. I know it's dark in there.
    The photos from OCDKV on pg 11 of this thread are closer to the real color I think. I'll get some new ones up this afternoon though.
    winter sucks.

Rocking on a Rocky
    Has anyone weighed their frame? My medium frameset arrived yesterday--frame w/ der. hanger came out to 2054g, almost a pound heavier than the 3 lbs 10oz claimed weight. Other than that it appears like a nice frameset. I'll post pics after she's built up.
    4 lbs 1 oz. medium.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Snugs what is your height and inseam? I bought a medium, but kind of wondering if I should have gone with the small (I'm 5'8" w/32"). The blue looks incredible!

mtbr member
    Snugs what is your height and inseam? I bought a medium, but kind of wondering if I should have gone with the small (I'm 5'8" w/32"). The blue looks incredible!
    I'm short (5'6") but longish arms and legs (31" inseam). Standover is pretty close at the center of the top tube, I wouldn't want it to be any higher at all.
    winter sucks.

mtbr member
    Medium. I'm same height as you and medium Mayor fits me perfectly. Nice short stem, wide bars on it too.
    BlackCanoeDog
    Muskoka

mtbr member
    BlackCanoeDog
    Muskoka

I'm going with the med. I actually think that smalls are out of stock from RSD until late march.

mtbr member
    I'm going with the med. I actually think that smalls are out of stock from RSD until late march.
    That size is probably going to work out great for you! Good luck.
    winter sucks.

mtbr member
    RSD Bikes "The Mayor"-20150108_150632%5B1%5D.jpg
    RSD Bikes "The Mayor"-20150108_152408%5B1%5D.jpg

Got a couple of rides in with the studded XL's and first impressions are mixed.

I only had a few rides on Bud/Lou but the there really is no comparison. Bud is point and shoot and Lou will get you where you want to go without missing a step, ice being the exception to both. Don't get me wrong the XL's are very good but I was truly spoiled by B/L. The studs definitely helped on the ice but it wasn't as stable as I had hoped, at least i didn't go down on the XL's, but it was at times a little sketchy.

The trails where I go get pretty icy so studded tires are a must for me. I only studded the XL's about 2/3's (160 each, they take 240) so I'm gonna complete them and try again. I also think I could use higher air pressure, I was running 10 front 9 rear, I've read the higher pressures help on the icy stuff.

As a side note the silica compound used in the XL's is uber sticky, as in as soon as i hit the crusher gravel it would stick to the tires and throw it up as if it was raining

I got nothing bad to say about the stock XL's, they will certainly serve thier purpose for me but there is definitely a reason why they say Bud/Lou are the kings

On another topic my 30T NW chainring just arrived

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"-20150108_155655%5B1%5D.jpg

mtbr member
    Mar 2013

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"

I picked up my large in black from Bike Bros in Cochrane Alberta a few days ago. I really like the raw colour, but they didn't get a large. Unfortunately the Mayor showed up 2 days after I broke my ankle so I won't even be able to ride it until mid February (insert sad trombone sound).

mtbr member
    Mar 2013

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"

Oh has anyone put a rear pannier rack on their Mayor? Wondering what is a good fit for the days I will commute with it.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast