Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Rocking on a Rocky
    Hey can one of you guys flip your bike upside down can take a picture of the rear tire clearance?

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    RSD just posted a titanium framed Mayor with carbon forks on their facebook page. No mentions of cost. Weight is said to be roughly 26 lbs.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/RSD-B...ation=timeline

You can view them without being a member.

mtbr member
    Sweet! Finally a Ont.Canada Fat bike company in mind backyard.
    13 On One Fatty
    08 YETI 575 BLK. C.King Hubs/Hadley
    96 Specialized Stump Jumper FS Tweaked

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Maybe Frantiklex can help us by posting official photos of a BUD/Lou combo. That would help people make up their mind. I get asked this question more than ''how does it ride?''.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    The bud/lou combo fits, but it's a really tight fit. A few people had issues fitting them. We are still investigating why. It should fit. Fat-bike.com just posted something on twitter about how fun the bike is, but the fit of bud/lou combo was tight. If you have a Mayor and your Lou doesn't fit, contact us directly.
    RSD Bikes - Sales - www.rsdbikes.com
    We`re slow at updating our site - facebook

Rocking on a Rocky
    On a 80mm rim? Will the wider rear triangle fit a 100 mm rim with a snowshoe XL?

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    For next winter, yes, 100mm and 4.7XL will fit. For now, 80mm

Rocking on a Rocky
    Quote Originally Posted by Frantiklex View Post
    For next winter, yes, 100mm and 4.7XL will fit. For now, 80mm
    Cool cool thanks. Any pics out yet?

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Not yet, but we have a new Ti Mayor with full carbon components. See our FB page

Rocking on a Rocky
    Quote Originally Posted by Frantiklex View Post
    Not yet, but we have a new Ti Mayor with full carbon components. See our FB page
    Saw it nice. Was going to get this years Mayor but think I will wait for the 100 mm rims.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Stock tires on my mayor . Clearance view
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RSD Bikes "The Mayor"-20140321_155940.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Hi Guys. Can anyone give an opinion about how the The Mayor rides/fits compared to some other fat bikes such as a Mukluk and a 9:zero:7? Is it a "race" geometry bike or more of an adventure bike like the Mukluk. Also how does a medium Mukluk and a medium Mayor compare for size. I have googled the sizes, but there is no replacement for real world feedback, and I can't demo a Mayor where I live.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    here is one opinion on how it rides. First Impressions on my New Fatbike | Pedal Trout

mtbr member
    For any of you so-cal guys that want to check this bike out, The Path bike shop in Tustin has one. I was checking it out 2 days ago, it's pretty rad...

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Had the Mayor for a bit so thought I would put up my impression. First Fat that I have owned although I did ride a Mukluk a few times and have found the geometry is somewhat similar - so not as race like but more adventure riding. That said, I am sure I could grab a longer stem and stretch it out a bit. I am 5'11 or so and ended up with a medium which I found to be like a large Mukluk. Rides great and am happy, although I kind of wish a) the final rear geometry was completely dialed so I knew it fit a Lou (no question the fork will work though - it is awesome). Hard to justify running out and getting one just to see. B) that it came with the new snowshoe xl which it will starting in May. Hoping that there are no problems fitting the XL on mine, but the company has been great to deal with and seem to stand behind their product...

Rocking on a Rocky
    My big debate is The Mayor next generation or the Fatboy?

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyJo1 View Post
    My big debate is The Mayor next generation or the Fatboy?
    Good question. Who's the king of BBB (Biggest bang for the buck). I own an RSD. If I would do it all over again now that the waiting game is over and I would choose the Fatboy for the better gearing and the rim /tire combo. Where I live corner grip is everything and the GC is one of few tires (Nate Bud Lou) I would take my wallet out for. In december the MSRP difference was 350$ in favor of RSD.

Rocking on a Rocky
    Quote Originally Posted by trek551 View Post
    Good question. Who's the king of BBB (Biggest bang for the buck). I own an RSD. If I would do it all over again now that the waiting game is over and I would choose the Fatboy for the better gearing and the rim /tire combo. Where I live corner grip is everything and the GC is one of few tires (Nate Bud Lou) I would take my wallet out for. In december the MSRP difference was 350$ in favor of RSD.
    The price of a set of tires.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Yes. But now the difference is only 150$! If the new RSD comes with the heavier snowshoe XL tires gearing will be even more of an issue.

Rocking on a Rocky
    Quote Originally Posted by trek551 View Post
    Yes. But now the difference is only 150$! If the new RSD comes with the heavier snowshoe XL tires gearing will be even more of an issue.
    And 100 mm rims.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Has anyone successfully installed a Lou or new snowshoe XL on a first gen Mayor? Would like to see the clearance before I try to do this...

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    That is good news. I would still go S.
    What would you choose?

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    I'd just like to say "good job" to RSD bikes. While visiting some family on the other side of the country I walked into the LBS and met The Mayor for the first time. I was so impressed with the price and component mix I bought it sight on scene. I personally own a Salsa Mukluk and will be selling it immediately to make room for the Mayor. I don't know how RSD does it but nothing else out there matches the parts for the price. Good show.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I just bought one as well. I got it out for a very short ride on dirt last night so I will be able to give better feedback after a snow ride today. For now I would say they have done a great job. I love that I could buy from a local company, and it was a HUGE part of the decision. I am 5' 8" with a 30" inseam and the medium fits well. It feels like it is somewhere between a small and a medium Mukluk. I would describe the ride as half way between a 9:zero:7 and a Muk. I switched to gripshift and I will replace the tubes with something lighter, and add a 42 tooth on the back, but that is all I will change. I will report back post snow ride. In terms of value, this bike is right in line with a Bikes Direct fattie. I loved the 9:zero:7 and Mukluks I tried, but this was just too good to pass up.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Does anyone know if you can run a bluto front fork on a mayor

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast