Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617
Results 1,601 to 1,649 of 1649
    mtbr member
    JJJ70, yes I emailed Alex and asked him if they could swap the stem and bars for some in stock alternatives and was charged the difference. No sense in populating a spare parts stash.

I also added the dropper from the Sarge and a second set of tires. He's making margins and I'm saving some cash from buying elsewhere. I didn't want to be a PIA, so I hope he didn't mind my custom order.
    2018 RSD Mayor Al V3 Build 3 FaT
    2015 Specialized Crave Comp 29er

mtbr member
    Feb 2018
    Thats good to know that i can maybe have a thing or two swapped out. Im also looking at the build 3 raw.. I have looked at a lot of bikes in the last 2 months in the $2k range and for some reason the mayor keeps standing out ahead of them all.

mtbr member
    Feb 2018
    Hey guys. Is there a Mayor owners group on Facebook? The only one I found is rsd's own Facebook.

mtbr member
    Feb 2018
    Rsd is having a sale on Mayor's 35% off

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I'm thinking about ordering one of the Mayor bikes. Can anyone here that already has one tell me if the frame is ready to accept an internally routed dropper post?

mtbr member
    No, it doesn't.

I installed a KS Lev DX and it routed very nicely - I got it added onto the order through RSD. Had to get the southpaw remote on my own as the OEM version only had the plastic remote.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jtkrawiec View Post
    No, it doesn't.

I installed a KS Lev DX and it routed very nicely - I got it added onto the order through RSD. Had to get the southpaw remote on my own as the OEM version only had the plastic remote.
    So there is already a hole in the frame for the cable to go through?

mtbr member
    No, there isn't. The DX is an external cable dropper

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jtkrawiec View Post
    No, there isn't. The DX is an external cable dropper
    Oh, okay. Thanks for clearing that up for me, jtkrawiec. I was sort of hoping to be able to run an internal cable.

mtbr member
    I was too, but I'm pretty happy with what I got - its just a few weeks old. I'll post a pic when I can.

Rippin da fAt
    Nov 2011
    With a minor surgery your frame could get the internal option in less than 10 minutes time. A fairly easy mod with a little careful drilling and trimming.

Sarge doesn't have it either although, the Wildcat does.
    Get fAt, Stay fAt, Ride fAt
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member
    Feb 2018
    I ordered a black build 3 . Its in the bike shop getting built. I should have it in a day or 2. Then ill post a few pictures..

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Yes, pictures please.

I'm thinking of going with the green build 3 in an XL. It's either that or the orange.

When I go to RSD's website, it says the build 3 is 35% off, but when I put it in my cart, it shows up as only 30% off. I'm going to try and get in touch with RSD and get clarification before I place the order.

mtbr member
    Feb 2018
    I can answer that for you. I talked to alex. It is 35% off. But he charges $100 for shipping . normally shipping is worked into the full price of the bike. So i think i paid $1530 shipped to jersey..

mtbr member
    Here is my raw build 3. Biggest disappointment is the weight as it is 38 pounds (stock except for dropper post), which is definitely noticeable on the climbs.

The BB height is also on the high side so the bike definitely feels taller than my On One fatty.

Oh, and the Mastodon compression knob does not clear the down tube. I took care of that by filing it down on the bench grinder but Alex said they would send me a new lower profile (no remote) knob when they get them.

Loving the fork however. Definitely makes it a year-round bike and not just for winter.

Sent from my ASUS_Z012DC using Tapatalk

Rippin da fAt
    Nov 2011
    The BB is where it belongs for a bike intended to leave the city streets and go Jeepin!

These are not for Van Nuys Blvd on Wednesday nights, don'tcha know!
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member
    You could drop two pounds instantly by going to Jumbo Jims (I say that only because it's true; personally, I have a JJ up front and a Minion FBR out back and love that combo big-time).
    2016 El Oso Grande
    2018 Stolen Zeke
    90's Skykomish

Rippin da fAt
    Nov 2011
    My Mayor is 28 #'s with JJ 4.8 Liteskins.
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member
    Feb 2018
    Hi guys . I am having a problem posting pics. Any pointers? thanks

mtbr member
    Feb 2018
    Hey guys here is my new mayor. I did not get a chance to take it on the trails yet. When i do i will let you know what i think.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RSD Bikes "The Mayor"-20180505_191155.jpg  

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"-20180505_191203.jpg  

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"-20180505_191212.jpg  

mtbr member
    Dec 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by JJJ70 View Post
    Hey guys here is my new mayor. I did not get a chance to take it on the trails yet. When i do i will let you know what i think.
    A few interesting sights there.
    Holy steerer spacers, I can kinda get the thudbustery seatpost, but what on earth is that saddle? Are the cranks also very long?

mtbr member
    Feb 2018
    Lol....I had them leave the fork uncut for now..to figure out were I want it.

The cranks feel fine .I took it out on some single track yesterday and the bike felt real good. ( the only bike I can compare it to is my blizzard -50)

The saddle is ism touring. I tried dozens of seats and this one I liked the best . (Noseless)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RSD Bikes "The Mayor"-8mbjawd8-151119523.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    "hey"
    I have a mayor build 3 on it's way.

I am considering going tubeless right off the bat..can anyone help me out with what I need to do to convert?

I am guessing just tubeless valve stems and stans/sealant?

will this valvestem work? any other recommendations or are these fine?
    https://www.amazon.com/Stans-NoTubes.../dp/B00A3FYPG2

I plan on doing sand riding..I guess the beach once in a while but we have some really sandy creek trails... never ridden a fat bike on sand but guessing I'll go for something like 5-6lbs.

Rippin da fAt
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by backona29er View Post
    "hey"
    I have a mayor build 3 on it's way.

I am considering going tubeless right off the bat..can anyone help me out with what I need to do to convert?

I am guessing just tubeless valve stems and stans/sealant?

will this valvestem work? any other recommendations or are these fine?
    https://www.amazon.com/Stans-NoTubes.../dp/B00A3FYPG2

I plan on doing sand riding..I guess the beach once in a while but we have some really sandy creek trails... never ridden a fat bike on sand but guessing I'll go for something like 5-6lbs.
    Basically valve stems, scum and go to town. The wheels are pre taped.

As for riding pressures, go out and hit the sand etc. and try different pressures. It is kinda fun to experiment with these friggen huge tires.
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member
    Those valves should work well as they are threaded the entire length. Some valves aren't, and won't work with single wall rims used on most fat bike wheels.

In order to get mine to seal I had to use soapy water on the bead and use a ratchet strap around the circumference of the tire to push the beads out towards the rim. Once the bead is set, you can air them down and they won't come off the rim without a little force.

Rippin da fAt
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by wankel View Post
    Those valves should work well as they are threaded the entire length. Some valves aren't, and won't work with single wall rims used on most fat bike wheels.

In order to get mine to seal I had to use soapy water on the bead and use a ratchet strap around the circumference of the tire to push the beads out towards the rim. Once the bead is set, you can air them down and they won't come off the rim without a little force.

Local hardware store, nylon spacers with an I. D. suitable for the stem and away you go. My Rolling Darryls have been set up this way with American Classic stems for 4 years. And, you're right! I can run my tires 1-2 psi in the snow and get rowdy without issue.
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I've decided to sell my Mayor frame if anyone is interested- I am going to a custom frame. Medium, black, with RF Turbine Cynch crank and CC40 headset. $300.

Post edit- lower price.
    Last edited by deuxdiesel; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:36 AM.
    "Wait- I am confused" - SDMTB'er

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by deuxdiesel View Post
    I've decided to sell my Mayor frame if anyone is interested- I am going to a custom frame. Medium, black, with RF Turbine Cynch crank and CC40 headset. $400. I can throw in a set of Marge Lites laced to Hope Fatsno's for another $200.
    What is the hub spacing on the rear of hte frame?

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    197 TA- it is a current generation.
    "Wait- I am confused" - SDMTB'er

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I've been trying to post a pic of my new Mayor from my phone, but I'm not having any luck. The site keeps telling me that the upload has failed and I don't know why.

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"-screenshot_20180518-165707_chrome.jpg

Go figure.... I can upload the screenshot of the forum message, but not the picture of the bike.
    2017 Trek Fuel EX8 29er
    2017 Diamondback El Oso Grande
    2018 RSD Mayor build 3

mtbr member
    Feb 2018
    Hi. i had a problem uploading pics of my bike also.. My problem was the file from my phone was to large. I reduced its size from 5MB to like 700Kb. Then they uploaded fine. I hope that might help you.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Hi. i had a problem uploading pics of my bike also.. My problem was the file from my phone was to large. I reduced its size from 5MB to like 700Kb. Then they uploaded fine. I hope that might help you.
    Thanks for the info. I'll give that a try.
    2017 Trek Fuel EX8 29er
    2018 RSD Mayor build 3

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    My Mayor.

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"-22608.jpg
    2017 Trek Fuel EX8 29er
    2018 RSD Mayor build 3

mtbr member
    Feb 2018
    Looking good...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RSD Bikes "The Mayor"-20180509_190946_1526514819766_001.jpg  

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"-20180509_192958_1526514867363_001.jpg  

mtbr member
    Look like Blauvelt nj

mtbr member
    Feb 2018
    Yep Blauvelt Ny. Other than rockleigh/alpine it's the closest to my house ..

Rippin da fAt
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaylex View Post
    My Mayor.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	22608.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	226.3 KB 
ID:	1198794

Lookin good!
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by BansheeRune View Post
    Lookin good!
    Thanks! I'm really liking this bike so far.

Rippin da fAt
    Nov 2011
    The Mayor has been a great find, indeed! I was ready to spend a small fortune on a custom frame when I ran across RSD's Mayor. The fact that the feel of the bike is like a mountain bike and not some kind of townie bastardization makes for an incredible ride on fat tires and wheels. Just cannot get enough of it!
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member
    Dec 2016
    I was having problems changing gears for the longest time. Then last weekend I dropped the chain between the sprocket and spokes and it was in there tight. Ordered a replacement derailleur hanger (Alex had it to me in TWO DAYS!! Thanks Alex!!) And now the Mayor is back in full form. What a difference! I decided to upgrade to an X1 derailleur at the same time, but that takes longer to ship. I might have it installed by next week.

Obligatory pic from the "summer" Mayor with 29+ conversion:RSD Bikes "The Mayor"-2018-05-17-13.32.23.jpg

mtbr member
    Feb 2018
    Looks awesome Brian. Can I ask what you use to attach the pump to you're frame . I have a lezyne micro xl I'm trying to mount. And how do you like the 29+ rims , what is the max size 29" tires can you run on there?
    I was thinking of ordering a set from alex. Or maybe the 27.5 I'm not sure yet.. thank you.

mtbr member
    Dec 2016
    Looks awesome Brian. Can I ask what you use to attach the pump to you're frame . I have a lezyne micro xl I'm trying to mount. .
    I think the smaller gauge portable floor pumps come with a mounting bracket, or is available. Looks like whats on Brian's bike.

I saw in a thread months ago, someone fabricated a mounting bracket for the wider body XL with clever cutting of white pvc piping

mtbr member
    Feb 2018
    Thank you Moz. I'll take a look for it.

mtbr member
    Dec 2016
    I think it was in this thread, it was on an orange bike similar to Brian's.

Was bugging me and found it, post #1067 in this thread back in 2016, BansheeRune posted it

mtbr member
    Feb 2018
    thank you Moz . I will take a look..

mtbr member
    Dec 2016
    Looks awesome Brian. Can I ask what you use to attach the pump to you're frame . I have a lezyne micro xl I'm trying to mount. And how do you like the 29+ rims , what is the max size 29" tires can you run on there?
    I was thinking of ordering a set from alex. Or maybe the 27.5 I'm not sure yet.. thank you.
    I see you figured out the pump part of the question. As far as the tires, I'm not sure how large you could go, I've got Nobby Nic's on there now, at 2.6". The rims are 50mm (I got them from RSD, I think they are still listed on the site). I was running Nicotines at 2.35 over the winter, but I couldn't get them to seat tubeless. Not much of a winter tire, I'll be looking for spiked 4" or larger next season. I really like the 29's, but I haven't ridden 27.5's. I'm not sure how the bike would look with tires that small. The 29's have a very similar feel to the fat tires in a straight line. Cornering is different, and you can't swallow rocks and holes the same way, but the reduced weight is nice.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Lol....I had them leave the fork uncut for now..to figure out were I want it.

The cranks feel fine .I took it out on some single track yesterday and the bike felt real good. ( the only bike I can compare it to is my blizzard -50)

The saddle is ism touring. I tried dozens of seats and this one I liked the best . (Noseless)
    Hi, JJJ. I'm curious about a few "sizing" items as I feel like I may be between a small and a medium (a touch under 5'8", according to my last doctor's visit -- I'm shrinking apparently!). I'd normally buy medium frames, but I'm concerned that the bike might feel too big, especially if I went really big with the tires. Some of the medium's dimensions are bigger than the same dimensions on my current fatbike; yet the top tube length/reach seem real short on the small. How tall are you, and which frame size did you choose (and do you feel good on the bike, like you made the right choice)? Also, which Mastodon fork did they include with your bike (Comp vs Pro? Extended vs Standard? Travel?)?

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Feb 2018
    Hey Fitman. I am 5'11" . I went with the medium. Thats the size alex told me he rides also. He is 5'10".. I think its the perfect size for me. It feels a little bit bigger than my rocky mountain blizzard 50 and thats a medium also... The mastodon is comp ext.. Alex was great to deal with. He answers emails fast and called me 3 or 4 times.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Hey Fitman. I am 5'11" . I went with the medium. Thats the size alex told me he rides also. He is 5'10".. I think its the perfect size for me. It feels a little bit bigger than my rocky mountain blizzard 50 and thats a medium also... The mastodon is comp ext.. Alex was great to deal with. He answers emails fast and called me 3 or 4 times.
    Thanks for your thoughts, JJJ70. All of the postings are a great help!

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617