Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516
Results 1,501 to 1,540 of 1540
    #THELEGEND
    Mayor dressed for commuter duty. New Topeak bag and rack system, pretty damned sweet.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
    #THELEGEND
    2016 RSD Mayor
    2017 Diamondback Haanjo Trail (Alu)

Flying Sasquatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy.Ford View Post
    Mayor dressed for commuter duty. New Topeak bag and rack system, pretty damned sweet.
    Cool!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy.Ford View Post

What model rack is that?

#THELEGEND
    Quote Originally Posted by ADKMTNBIKER View Post
    What model rack is that?
    UNI SUPER TOURIST FAT

https://www.topeak.com/global/en/pro...ouristfat_disc

Went on super easy, the mounting bracket arms needed a bit of bending and twisting, but that was easy with an adjustable wrench. Other than that cake and solid.

#THELEGEND
    2016 RSD Mayor

Flying Sasquatch
    Finally got out of the bike park to do some XC stuff. Had a blast going around Bogus Basin Ski resort on a trail called Around the Mountain. Frankenmayor really impressed me though. Climbed great, felt nimble, and monster trucked over everything.
    No pics of me riding, just beautiful scenery.

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"-meadow-ski-run.jpgRSD Bikes "The Mayor"-nealio-top-mountain.jpgRSD Bikes "The Mayor"-singletrack.jpgRSD Bikes "The Mayor"-trail-through-trees.jpg

#THELEGEND
    Quote Originally Posted by KTMNealio View Post
    Finally got out of the bike park to do some XC stuff. Had a blast going around Bogus Basin Ski resort on a trail called Around the Mountain. Frankenmayor really impressed me though. Climbed great, felt nimble, and monster trucked over everything.
    No pics of me riding, just beautiful scenery.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	meadow ski run.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	94.0 KB 
ID:	1145963Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nealio top of the mountain.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	110.2 KB 
ID:	1145964Click image for larger version. 

Name:	singletrack.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	133.3 KB 
ID:	1145965Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trail through the trees.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	173.4 KB 
ID:	1145966

Damn Squatch looking good, nice playground you have there to braaap about it. Congrats on the great riding.
    #THELEGEND
    2016 RSD Mayor

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Hello,
    just wanted to let everyone here know that we've received a limited quantities of Plus wheels for The Mayor
    Available in 27.5 and 29in
    Duroc 50mm Rims (Tubeless compatible) laced with Sun Ringle SRC Hubs
    15x150mm Front
    12x197mm Rear with a free set of QR 190mm Adapters
    $699 USD + Shipping
    $799 CAD + Taxes and Shipping
    info@rsdbikes.com
    RSD Bikes - Sales - www.rsdbikes.com
    We`re slow at updating our site - facebook

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    RSD Bikes "The Mayor"-img_0753.jpg
    Quick pic

mtbr member
    Dec 2016

Mayor 29er

I've been under the weather since I got the 29+ wheels mounted, but was finally able to get out for a halfway decent ride this morning.

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"-2017-08-20-11.11.24.jpgRSD Bikes "The Mayor"-2017-08-20-11.40.52.jpg

The ride is ... different. Not better, not worse, just different. I'll keep them on a bit longer and give them a chance, but I don't think they made me any faster, or allowed me to get up hills any more easily, even though I figure the bike is about a pound light now (probably a bit more, I have weighed the wheels yet).

I moved the stock cassette over from the 80mm rim and put a SunRace 11-46 cassette on the fat tire. I haven't tried that yet, but I think it's going to make snow riding a bit easier.

Rippin da fAt
    Nov 2011
    Brian, lookin good! I continue to be on the fence about the +wheel option with my Mayor. Then I see Sarge and the Wildcat also wanna go out and play!
    The feel of the JJ 4.8"s is irreplaceable, so yeah *back to the fence* I should try to get an idea of whether Sarge's 3.8's would fit in there tho.

That forested area just looks a pleasure to explore and find new single tracks to rip... Carry on!
    Get fAt, Stay fAt, Ride fAt
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I have a "17 Mayor w/ carbon fork. The headset keeps coming loose so I am looking to switch to a King headset. Does anyone know the correct King replacement number or the complete specs on the Cane Creek?

Thanks in advance.

Rippin da fAt
    Nov 2011
    Inset 3.
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member
    Hey, something you should be doing that I know helped with my carbon fork is using carbon assembly compound like the one park tool offers. Its basically a grease like substance with grit in it. Without it my headset would loosen within a week. Get the carbon assembly compound take off your stem, coat the steerer tube in the stuff, re assemble the stem onto the steerer tighten your top cap then align your bars and torque the bolts on the steerer clamp of your stem to spec. The headset brand is not going to do much to prevent the loosening of the headset. Save yourself some money and try carbon assembly compound first!

#THELEGEND
    I also found the stock compression plug to be a huge POS , which I swapped with an FSA like the one in pic. Also paste does indeed help.

#THELEGEND
    2016 RSD Mayor

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Thanks for the info. I will check to see if they used carbon assembly compound when the shop put it together for me.

mtbr member
    Dec 2016

Winter on my mind

It's 26c and sunny (about 80f) but I'm already thinking about snow ... and ice.

I just picked up a set of 45NRTH Nicotine tires for my 29+ wheels. I was looking at Wrathchild and Dillinger, but I really liked the Minions for the snow. I figure since I have an extra set of wheels, I might as well make use of them. I should be able to easily swap between them depending on how much ice vs snow we have.

The only other issue I had with winter riding last season was cold hands. Hopefully the Cobrafist will remedy that.RSD Bikes "The Mayor"-2017-09-15-10.34.44.jpg

mtbr member
    Dec 2016

Winter is coming

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"-2017-10-29-13.57.25.jpg

I had forgotten what a blast the Minions were. Yeah, they are a bit slower than the Jumbo Jims, but they are fast enough for the friends I ride with, and wow, that grip!! No snow yet, but temperatures are headed in the right direction. The Cobra Fists are plenty warm. Too warm for 8c, good thing they have vents.

Rippin da fAt
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianCBRXX View Post
    I had forgotten what a blast the Minions were. Yeah, they are a bit slower than the Jumbo Jims, but they are fast enough for the friends I ride with, and wow, that grip!! No snow yet, but temperatures are headed in the right direction. The Cobra Fists are plenty warm. Too warm for 8c, good thing they have vents.
    Good stuff, Brian! Glad to see an orange bike out in the leaves raisin hell.

I'm not impressed with the Wrathchild 27.5 x 3.0's I bought. they are more like a 2.6, and I love the fatter 3.0 air volume. Will try em in the winter months. Perhaps I'll stud em up and rip em as a dedicated winter tire.

On the Minyun front, I keep lookin at em cause they do look awesome. If they are offered in a non EXO, I'll become more interested in em. Still enjoying the Jumbo's for their excellent dand riding manners.
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member
    May 2007
    In winter time, I'm using a good pair of cross country skiing gloves down to -15C and below that I take my snowmobile leather gloves.

Rippin da fAt
    Nov 2011
    Howdy, Ralph! I'm looking forward to the snow and a good adventure with my Mayor. The 5.05's need to be set up and given a go this time around. Lookin forward to tryin em out and playing with the pressure to get the most out of em. As large as they are, it takes time to drop 1 psi from em.
    Should be good stuff! Damn, I love my orange snowmobike!
    Doctor recommended...

Flying Sasquatch
    All this snow riding talk is bumming me out. This Mayor absolutely rips on the dry dirt with 4.0's.

Rippin da fAt
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by KTMNealio View Post
    All this snow riding talk is bumming me out. This Mayor absolutely rips on the dry dirt with 4.0's.
    The Mayor gets to play in the dirt still. :/ Snow ain't here yet. When the temp goes below freezing, he does the snow dance! My bike and I are jonesin for some white powder...
    Meanwhile, the JJ 4.08's are staying on and at 8 psi. Play time is on, either way. Soon as the snow starts flyin, the coin gets tossed to determine wether it's gonna be Bud/Lou or the 5.05's.
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Well, we got our first snow last night. Could not ride the Mayor since I had to change the car tires to the winter ones. Here are two pictures of the snow for you all.

5h00 PM last night
    RSD Bikes "The Mayor"-img_20171030_165146518.jpg

6h30 AM this morning (poor quality, sorry! )
    RSD Bikes "The Mayor"-img_20171031_062244982.jpg

Tonight will be a great one! Out in the snow with the Mayor!!!

Rippin da fAt
    Nov 2011
    Ralph, you're doing it wrong!! Load up the Mayor, go to the tire shop and let em do the deed while you play with the Mayor.
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I'm not doing it wrong at all. That 75$ not invested in tire swap will help me pay for a new chain and a new chainring!

And I was able to go out last night so here are some pictures of the orange beast in the snow. My phone clearly isn't good at night pictures but still shows how it was. Between -6C and -8C last night and did a nice 1h55 ride.

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"-img_20171031_183745218.jpgRSD Bikes "The Mayor"-img_20171031_194009747.jpg

Rippin da fAt
    Nov 2011
    Fortunately, I get the job done at the shop I service at and do a full service at the same time. Then there's the bikes, they get the royal treatment at all times.

And those shops that don't do a wheel swap for their regular custy are losing business to those that do courtesy services. Their loss!
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member
    Dec 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by lRaphl View Post
    I'm not doing it wrong at all. That 75$ not invested in tire swap will help me pay for a new chain and a new chainring!

And I was able to go out last night so here are some pictures of the orange beast in the snow. My phone clearly isn't good at night pictures but still shows how it was. Between -6C and -8C last night and did a nice 1h55 ride.

Name:	IMG_20171031_183745218.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	37.4 KB 
ID:	1165095Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20171031_194009747.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	63.5 KB 
ID:	1165096
    Ohhhh, I am SOOOO jealous!! Enjoy the snow!

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Well...saturday there wasn't that much left in the woods but it still was fun! It's snowing again as I write.

Rippin da fAt
    Nov 2011
    Well...saturday there wasn't that much left in the woods but it still was fun! My Mayor is doing the snow dance and it's snowing again as I write.
    There, fixed it for ya!
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I just did the Black Canyon Trail in AZ on my Mayor. Great ride. 3 1/2 day including a 30 mile road ride home at the end. I carried an Ortlieb bar bag and I used my 2 smaller Ortlieb panniers on the rear as well as a dry bag on the rear rack. I like to camp in comfort. I did take a side trip into Black Canyon City because I was having some dehydration issues caused by my own stupidity. Using the fix recommended here for the headset, it held tight. I used the Mayor rather than my Ti Fargo due to the rocky conditions on much of the trail. I think it was a good choice but I did pay a speed penalty. The longer I have this bike the more I love it. If you are not familiar with the Black Canyon Trail check it out on Youtube, it is a great ride.
    Last edited by dumdass; 1 Week Ago at 03:57 PM.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    We had a nice snow storm last night...can't wait to take the Mayor out tonight! Over 20cm of white powder everywhere!!!

Rippin da fAt
    Nov 2011
    We had a nice snow storm last night...can't wait to take the Mayor out tonight! Over 20cm of white powder everywhere!!!
    Mayor observes powder day!
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Well, time for some more pictures of the Mayor in the snow.

First one was last Friday by the side of the Harricana river that cross my town.
    RSD Bikes "The Mayor"-img_20171110_191916377.jpg

The second one is around mid-ride last night. It was snowing and the wind was pretty strong.
    RSD Bikes "The Mayor"-img_20171115_194622098.jpg

The last one is back home. The Mayor clearly got heavier by the end of the ride. I don't understand why...maybe the snow in the front wheel?
    RSD Bikes "The Mayor"-img_20171115_203302079.jpg

We've got close to 20cm again over the night and it's still snowing today. Winter is clearly here to stay!!

#THELEGEND
    Quote Originally Posted by dumdass View Post
    I just did the Black Canyon Trail in AZ on my Mayor. Great ride. 3 1/2 day including a 30 mile road ride home at the end. I carried an Ortlieb bar bag and I used my 2 smaller Ortlieb panniers on the rear as well as a dry bag on the rear rack. I like to camp in comfort. I did take a side trip into Black Canyon City because I was having some dehydration issues caused by my own stupidity. Using the fix recommended here for the headset, it held tight. I used the Mayor rather than my Ti Fargo due to the rocky conditions on much of the trail. I think it was a good choice but I did pay a speed penalty. The longer I have this bike the more I love it. If you are not familiar with the Black Canyon Trail check it out on Youtube, it is a great ride.
    Sounds like a damn good time DA, thanks for sharing. Glad to hear you got the headset issues resolved.

Def gonna give youtube a look. Thanks
    #THELEGEND
    2016 RSD Mayor

#THELEGEND
    Quote Originally Posted by lraphl View Post
    well, time for some more pictures of the mayor in the snow.

First one was last friday by the side of the harricana river that cross my town.

Name:	IMG_20171110_191916377.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	47.9 KB 
ID:	1167852

the second one is around mid-ride last night. It was snowing and the wind was pretty strong.

Name:	IMG_20171115_194622098.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	61.0 KB 
ID:	1167853

the last one is back home. The mayor clearly got heavier by the end of the ride. I don't understand why...maybe the snow in the front wheel?

Name:	IMG_20171115_203302079.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	54.0 KB 
ID:	1167854

we've got close to 20cm again over the night and it's still snowing today. Winter is clearly here to stay!!
    !!!hells yeah!!!
    #THELEGEND
    2016 RSD Mayor

Flying Sasquatch

All these snow shots are depressing

Here is a little dry dirt fun from today

Flying Sasquatch
    One more

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BansheeRune View Post
    The Mayor gets to play in the dirt still. :/ Snow ain't here yet. When the temp goes below freezing, he does the snow dance! My bike and I are jonesin for some white powder...
    Meanwhile, the JJ 4.08's are staying on and at 8 psi. Play time is on, either way. Soon as the snow starts flyin, the coin gets tossed to determine wether it's gonna be Bud/Lou or the 5.05's.
    I'd be going Bud/5.05. But since I only have Lou or XL studded with a mix of KK and regular studs. Probably gonna be Bud/Lou till the snow settles down and I get some good trails packed.

Rippin da fAt
    Nov 2011
    Bud?Lou works just dandy on the snowmobile trails. I run em most of the winter since nothing else comes close to their performance. The 5.05's are more of a novelty item.
    Conditions for their use is there but the weight penalty and loss of fuel economy!
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I had good results last winter with my Maxxis FBR/FBF 4.8 on snowmobile trails. I'm not a fan of Maxxis tires but since they came with the Mayor, I will use them until they are done. So far I think they are a good compromise for all conditions. Good on everything but never great.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516