mtbr member
    Jan 2012

Rolling Darryl Question

I am wondering if I can get a set of Rolling Darryl rims to put on my pugsley without modifications? Will they work with the standard pugsley fork? I have a FSA Alpha Drive 44-32-22 tooth triple crank up front. My pugs is a 2012 white 16" frame.
    -thanks

Nuts
    Yup Rolling D's work great on a Pugs, no mods needed to the drivetrain.
    Edit:: as long as your not running BFL's or bigger.
    My wife's Pugs with em.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rolling Darryl Question-imag0392.jpg  

Last edited by bdundee; 11-23-2012 at 12:24 PM.
    And I love beer!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Yes the rims are fine. You will need to have them built up with the correct 17.5mm offset to fit the Pug. If you are looking for complete wheels they can be found from any dealer that deals with QBP. I bought a pair from a dealer called Modern Bike. There pricing was good and shipped them quick and cheap.

mtbr member
    As I understand it, my Necro pugs is just a better parts kit on a normal Pugs frame with a Moonie fork and RDs front & rear. Just run the 4" or less tires. With the nearly 5" ones(BFL, etc), you'll get large cog gear rub from the chain on tire wall. But even those can be done on Pugs & RDs.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Thanks for the replies. So it sound like it will work even if I do not have the surly mrwod crank but I may get chain rub in the lower gears?

mtbr member
    If you have a triple front chainring without the MWOD, then yes, you will get chain rub in the larger gear cogs running RDs