Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Rocky Mountain Blizzard Fat Bike

145K views 664 replies 164 participants last post by  rockyfat2019 
#1 ·
See less See more
#3 ·
I like it... maybe because of the hub widths, thru axle and fork. 190mm didn't appeal but this new 150mm front does, if it comes hand in hand with 197mm rear then so be it.

#26 ·
I thought I was so used to a fat bike as a rigid bike that it would look weird. it doesn't, nice looking bike!
+1 - the fork looks great. I'm glad RS came to the table with it. :)

It will be interesting to see if Fox and any of the other major suspension companies come out with one.

.... and if Salsa was serious about a FS fatty as soon as a major North American suspension company produced a fork. :eekster::cool:

#21 ·
I think we are seeing a trend of manufactures focusing on trail riding vs what we used to focus on snow/sand riding. Sure the bike is shown in the snow and it is named blizzard.

I have a On-One Fatty and that bike is billed more for ripping up singletrack more so than riding in the snow. Granted it does just fine in the snow, but I just think a lot of newer companies are showing these fat bikes as "all-arounder" setups not just for the off season.

I am interested in this Sun Ringle tubeless rim offering though.

#30 ·
Of the 3 new releases today this one is the most exciting to me. A really really good price for specs, room for the big tires, suspension fork... and did I say price? They really put together a great bike.

Holy crap what is happening to this little fat world of ours. It just blew up even more.

I want. this. bike.

Anyone want to buy a Moonlander? :yesnod:

#40 ·
+1 - I don't blame you. I'm far more stoked about that RS fork than I should be given my needs/current bikes. :)

Everyone with stoke for these new bikes keep in mind they are riding a wave of fatty hype that has gotten companies excited to develop new products and push the boundaries of the market.

They can disappear just as fast if sales don't match expectations....so....you need to do your part and buy one of each. ;)

#33 ·
I was thinking the same thing. Man, Surly needs to really come down on the price of that, when you have something that comes with front suspension for the same price.

You going to keep your order in?

#34 ·
Ahh, you bring up a good point.

Exhibit A in the illustration below shows a fairly large amount of accumulated snow stuck to what I determine is a Eastern White Pine. The temperature required to sustain this amount of snow is well below what I could consider to be shorts and tenny weather. Warmer spring temperatures would in fact cause the majority of the accumulated snow to fall from the tree, and onto the ground. One could argue that the snow had just fallen, which could be valid. This is where Exhibit B helps to better determine the temperature.

Exibit B in the illustration below shows a fairly light and fluffy snow composition. The picture shows the rider throwing up a large amount of very fine snowflakes. It should be noted that in warmer temperatures the typical characteristics of snow would be considered wet and heavy. It would be difficult to generate the type of pattern illustrated in warmer (aka short and tennis shoe) weather.

Members of the jury, after viewing the information and after hearing the testimony of a snow expert with over 30 years experience playing in snow. I must ask that you find jonshonda innocent, as he is without a doubt not a TOOL!

Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel Bicycle frame

#39 ·
Members of the jury, after viewing the information and after hearing the testimony of a snow expert with over 30 years experience playing in snow. I must ask that you find jonshonda innocent, as he is without a doubt not a
New awesome fatbike with a legit suspension fork comes out and you spend your time critiquing the clothing the rider wears in the promo photos.

I rest my case. ;)

#37 ·
I got you confused with Velobike I guess. I love the ICT, but now that I recently got a road bike, I'm starting to appreciate lightweight bikes. My Moonlander feels heavier than normal when I get back on it. But I forget pretty quick after that :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.