Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    It would be nice if Rocky Mountain would actually manufacture one of these and put them out in stores for people to get on and ride. Pretty pictures and marketing hype only go so far.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    animalbikeman? have you met Surly?

Ah thenk you!
    If steel is real then aluminium is supercallafragiliniun!

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by byknuts View Post
    animalbikeman? have you met Surly?

Ah thenk you!
    surly? surely! Road a Moonlander through the desert out back of Dubai a few months ago - Rub al Kali - actually, the empty quarter. The local surly importer sells more fat bikes in UAE than any other local, so say the surly guys. The only thing you can ride in the sand are the 4.8" tires. Simply amazing to grunt up 50 meter sand dunes and scream down into the wadi's on the other side. Fantastic riding, wish I had more time to spend there. Wanted to ride through the desert to Jordan and on through Turkey, but had to come back early. Someday perhaps.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Has anyone heard any new news bout the Rocky Mountain Blizzard? Any sightings? I did notice one thing in the pictures that I do not like. The rear derailleur cable routing down by the cranks on their way to the chain stays. I have had such cable configurations creep so that the cable moved into the bath of the chainring teeth. Probably more of a problem on full suspension, but I still prefer it up higher.

urmb
    “Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of riding a bike.” ~ John F. Kennedy

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Would one be able to use this bike as a regular 29er hardtail with smaller tires? I have a FS bike and don't think I could justify getting a trail 29er just for kicks, but if I could have a bike that could be dual purpose fatbike and hardtail 29er(with smaller tires say 2.2-2.4), I might be able to justify that.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AnimalBikeman View Post
    It would be nice if Rocky Mountain would actually manufacture one of these and put them out in stores for people to get on and ride. Pretty pictures and marketing hype only go so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by urmb View Post
    Has anyone heard any new news bout the Rocky Mountain Blizzard? Any sightings?
    All the press releases said it wouldn't be available until this Fall...

Which converted into FatBike time = Spring 2015.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CJones View Post
    Which converted into FatBike time = Spring 2015.
    +1 - The key to happiness is realistic expectations.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by vikb View Post
    +1 - The key to happiness is realistic expectations.
    My RM dealer tells me August. We shall see. I sold my fatty a couple of months ago so I certainly hope it's that soon. I'm jonesing.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ghood View Post
    My RM dealer tells me August. We shall see. I sold my fatty a couple of months ago so I certainly hope it's that soon. I'm jonesing.
    The first rule of FatBike Club is don't believe any product ETAs.

The second rule of FatBike Club is never sell the old fatbike until the new fatbike is here and you are sure you love it.

The third rule of FatBike Club is your Ultimate Forever Uber Fatbike build will be obsolete next Tuesday.

The fourth rule of FatBike Club is whatever is wrong it's Surly's fault.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by vikb View Post
    The first rule of FatBike Club is don't believe any product ETAs.

The second rule of FatBike Club is never sell the old fatbike until the new fatbike is here and you are sure you love it.

The third rule of FatBike Club is your Ultimate Forever Uber Fatbike build will be obsolete next Tuesday.

The fourth rule of FatBike Club is whatever is wrong it's Surly's fault.
    regarding the first and second rules...yes, yes. I know. But I had the opportunity to sell it for basically the same as what I bought it for after 2 seasons of riding and it was past snow season and it was quickly becoming obsolete in many ways because of all the new standards coming out so I wanted to not miss my chance to cash out. I may end up paying dearly in the end if the snow is flying and the Blizzard has not yet arrived.
    regarding the third - I surely know that as the one I sold was my super uber forever bike...for two seasons.
    and regarding the fourth, I enjoy reading the rants on here but am pretty enamored with Surly's bikes, if not their marketing. My first fatty was a white Pug and it is the bike I most regret selling (although I also got almost 100% of what I paid for it after several seasons of riding).

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4