Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jisch View Post
    I thought I was so used to a fat bike as a rigid bike that it would look weird. it doesn't, nice looking bike!
    +1 - the fork looks great. I'm glad RS came to the table with it.

It will be interesting to see if Fox and any of the other major suspension companies come out with one.

.... and if Salsa was serious about a FS fatty as soon as a major North American suspension company produced a fork.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    any availability info? with chinese fat frame availability (unavalability) i am more and more inclining to something else. this looks interesting, $1400 for frame, fork and hubs sounds really intriguing.
    HuRa
    architecture and interior design
    website facebook

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by brankulo View Post
    any availability info? with chinese fat frame availability (unavalability) i am more and more inclining to something else. this looks interesting, $1400 for frame, fork and hubs sounds really intriguing.
    Rocky's website site says - available Fall 2014.

Being a bit cynical about delivery dates I read that as Dec 2014...
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sevenpedaler View Post
    Suspension forks in the snow are a waste of money, time, brain power, and adds a bunch of weight. I don't think some of these manufacturers even know what snow riding is even about.
    Just for the record I will say that I have never regretted having front suspension on my fat bike. On the contrary, after riding 1,500 miles over the last 12 months in all sorts of conditions including some sand, lots of snow, asphalt, and summer trails I can say I absolutely love having front suspension!

Of the 3 new releases today this one is the most exciting to me. A really really good price for specs, room for the big tires, suspension fork... and did I say price? They really put together a great bike.

Holy crap what is happening to this little fat world of ours. It just blew up even more.

I want. this. bike.

Anyone want to buy a Moonlander?

Sup
    Quote Originally Posted by sickmtbnutcase View Post
    Good specs, looks fantastic, front squishy, new Sun-Ringle tubeless rims and priced decently....someone hide my wallet!
    I will hold on to your wallet for you
    I am slow therefore I am

Nuts
    The Ice Cream Truck might have to step it up a bit
    And I love beer!!

Quote Originally Posted by bdundee View Post
    The Ice Cream Truck might have to step it up a bit
    I was thinking the same thing. Man, Surly needs to really come down on the price of that, when you have something that comes with front suspension for the same price.

You going to keep your order in?

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Ahh, you bring up a good point.

Exhibit A in the illustration below shows a fairly large amount of accumulated snow stuck to what I determine is a Eastern White Pine. The temperature required to sustain this amount of snow is well below what I could consider to be shorts and tenny weather. Warmer spring temperatures would in fact cause the majority of the accumulated snow to fall from the tree, and onto the ground. One could argue that the snow had just fallen, which could be valid. This is where Exhibit B helps to better determine the temperature.

Exibit B in the illustration below shows a fairly light and fluffy snow composition. The picture shows the rider throwing up a large amount of very fine snowflakes. It should be noted that in warmer temperatures the typical characteristics of snow would be considered wet and heavy. It would be difficult to generate the type of pattern illustrated in warmer (aka short and tennis shoe) weather.

Members of the jury, after viewing the information and after hearing the testimony of a snow expert with over 30 years experience playing in snow. I must ask that you find jonshonda innocent, as he is without a doubt not a TOOL!

Rocky Mountain Blizzard Fat Bike-snow.jpg

Nuts
    Quote Originally Posted by duggus View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. Man, Surly needs to really come down on the price of that, when you have something that comes with front suspension for the same price.

You going to keep your order in?
    I'm in for a Twenty2 and no going back, of coarse I just made an on the fly downtube change

Surly had to know the Bluto was coming, maybe we will see a last minute switch in forks.
    And I love beer!!

Nuts
    Very well played Jon but your still a tool and a big lovable cuddly one at that
    And I love beer!!

I got you confused with Velobike I guess. I love the ICT, but now that I recently got a road bike, I'm starting to appreciate lightweight bikes. My Moonlander feels heavier than normal when I get back on it. But I forget pretty quick after that

Riding rigid
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by vikb View Post
    You know that Rocky is based out of coastal BC right? Mild temperatures are part of the gig here so you can find snow and spring conditions a lot of the year. Hence the clothing.
    Yeah, I still remember the chicks in bikinis sun bathing up on Grouse Mtn .

Years ago at Mammoth during one of the Eliminator events, there was so much snow they had to carve a 6 foot high path through for the race, this was in July!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jonshonda View Post
    Members of the jury, after viewing the information and after hearing the testimony of a snow expert with over 30 years experience playing in snow. I must ask that you find jonshonda innocent, as he is without a doubt not a
    New awesome fatbike with a legit suspension fork comes out and you spend your time critiquing the clothing the rider wears in the promo photos.

I rest my case.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by duggus View Post
    Of the 3 new releases today this one is the most exciting to me. A really really good price for specs, room for the big tires, suspension fork... and did I say price? They really put together a great bike.

Holy crap what is happening to this little fat world of ours. It just blew up even more.

I want. this. bike.

Anyone want to buy a Moonlander?
    +1 - I don't blame you. I'm far more stoked about that RS fork than I should be given my needs/current bikes.

Everyone with stoke for these new bikes keep in mind they are riding a wave of fatty hype that has gotten companies excited to develop new products and push the boundaries of the market.

They can disappear just as fast if sales don't match expectations....so....you need to do your part and buy one of each.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    I thought I was dead set on the ICT, not anymore. The only problem is my LBS doesn't carry Rocky Mountain bikes.
    2015 Specialized Fatboy Comp
    2014 Trek Fuel EX8
    Wanting a Cross Bike.
    http://tincup69.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by MTB Pharm View Post

Years ago at Mammoth during one of the Eliminator events, there was so much snow they had to carve a 6 foot high path through for the race, this was in July!
    It was like that in 1995. They had to plow parts of the XC course that year. Remember it like it was yesterday. Good times.
    R&D Manager
    Diamant & Nakamura bikes
    Our fatbike videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/NDprototyping?feature=mhee

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Did you race Georgia in 1995?

Quote Originally Posted by Espen W View Post
    It was like that in 1995. They had to plow parts of the XC course that year. Remember it like it was yesterday. Good times.
    Lucky neighbor of Maryland's Patapsco Valley State Park, 39.23,-76.76

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Whoah. This, to me, is the fat bike of the day. Get my order in soon, and if true to industry form, I might get it a year from now. Would almost be worth the wait. One of the few fat bikes I've seen that the spec to cost ratio seems totally legit.
    Noogie...Noogie...Noogie.

Rocking on a Rocky
    Quote Originally Posted by brankulo View Post
    $ 600 frame only would be a good deal.

Did I catch a niner?
    Quote Originally Posted by jonshonda View Post
    Ahh, you bring up a good point.

Exhibit A in the illustration below shows a fairly large amount of accumulated snow stuck to what I determine is a Eastern White Pine. The temperature required to sustain this amount of snow is well below what I could consider to be shorts and tenny weather. Warmer spring temperatures would in fact cause the majority of the accumulated snow to fall from the tree, and onto the ground. One could argue that the snow had just fallen, which could be valid. This is where Exhibit B helps to better determine the temperature.

Exibit B in the illustration below shows a fairly light and fluffy snow composition. The picture shows the rider throwing up a large amount of very fine snowflakes. It should be noted that in warmer temperatures the typical characteristics of snow would be considered wet and heavy. It would be difficult to generate the type of pattern illustrated in warmer (aka short and tennis shoe) weather.

Members of the jury, after viewing the information and after hearing the testimony of a snow expert with over 30 years experience playing in snow. I must ask that you find jonshonda innocent, as he is without a doubt not a TOOL!
    Could this entire post be destroyed by saying it could very well be a set and he could in fact not be outside?
    Mr. Krabs: Is it true, Squidward? Is it hilarious?
    https://www.dollarshaveclub.com/ref/...A0CC/s/tx/cx/1

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by shoo View Post
    Did you race Georgia in 1995?
    No, never went to Georgia.
    Raced in the US from 1993 and through the 2000 season.
    Based in Salt Lake, so mostly Intermountain/Arizona/California races.
    R&D Manager
    Diamant & Nakamura bikes
    Our fatbike videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/NDprototyping?feature=mhee

Nuts
    Still need to know if this front new hub it a 150mm or a 157mm
    And I love beer!!

Sup
    Quote Originally Posted by bdundee View Post
    Still need to know if this front new hub it a 150mm or a 157mm
    Take a big breath and hold
    Now exhale letting all your worries go away
    Spin wash and repeat till you are in your happy place
    And that will end our session
    I am slow therefore I am

mtbr member
    ...I object your Honor...said rider is obviously not on a Moonlander...
    If Huffy made an airplane, would you fly in it?

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast