Thread: riser bars

mtbr member
    Mar 2013

riser bars

you don't see many riser bars on fattys thinking about buying some new 30mm rise what is your preferred choice ,are flat bars preferred I have the on one fatty but I think there a bit flat at 810mm wide and no rise ,,all comments welcome thx

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    I was skeptical of the wide bars that fatty came with as im not the biggest but actually enjoyed them for a fe rides.

However I've just stuck my Mary bars from my old ride onto this one. So far so good. Not a huge rise but brining the bars closer has improved my comfort.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010

riser bars

On One riser bar is great. Good width but not crazy wide, and a nice rise/shape/angle.

http://www.Planet-X-USA.com/product-p/hboodh.htm

http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/HBOOODH/...zed_riser_bars

mtbr member
    Mar 2013

Re: riser bars

i have decided on these., also like the name, its worth a try, look good and added a few blue bits on my bike, pics when they arrive

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/f...4/rp-prod91532
    Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Those look pretty nice. I was considering as set of the race face (turbines I think) bars as I still feel the need for width but the Mary's were sat in the shed. I've had fleegles in another bike so I'm sure I don't want narrow risers but have some 685 monkey bars I could try.

mtbr member
    750mm wide and 50mm rise on all my fatbikes and 29ers with an inch of spacers, good leverage and control. I hate a low bar on a bike - thats for race snakes , which is against my views - i ain`t a racist...
    plan it...build it....ride it...love it....
    http://coastkid.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Thats why I got away from the fleegles. Had em on my full susser and they weren't great for all-dayers. I've chucked on a 50mm thomson with the Mary's and noticed a nice drop in weight when I lobbed them on the scales. Not that it matters on a fatty but nice all the same.

mtbr member
    Just put a set of Trvative 710 cm x 4 cm rise on my wife's 9-0-7. Also put a 75 mm stem on it. I had to change every thing to fit her when she stole my bike. I had it set up with a flat 710 cm and a 120 cm flat stem. I had cut the steer tube for me and left 1 cm spacer on top so I had to put the spacer under the stem too. This seems to have given her the correct bar height.

Nemophilist
    All depends;

You could have a flat bar with 100mm of spacers or a riser with 50. Whatever fits the sitch and your ergonomic needs. Could never get way with wide bars on the trails here. I'm running stock Mary's which are 660mm and I have to be careful at that. So far, I've found another nice thing about the extreme back sweep of the Mary's - besides that my wrists love them - is that they deflect nicely off of trees that would crash my arse with normal bars!

Love ya, Mary.
    Most people ply the Well Trodden Path. A few seek a different way, and leave a Trail behind.
    - John Hajny, a.k.a. TrailMaker