mtbr member

45n wolvhammer's

So I just received my Wolvhammer boots. These things are really nice, well made, well thought out and yes, pricey !
    Last edited by danaco; 12-20-2012 at 04:24 PM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012

Boots

I can't PM yet - just signed up to this forum today for the Fatbikes. Have profile on ST for years. please email price to tacmed791@ g mail .com

They sound like they would fit...

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=imc2007;9987530]I can't PM yet - just signed up to this forum today for the Fatbikes. Have profile on ST for years. please email price to tacmed791@ g mail .com

They sound like they would fit...[/

They went back to the store !
    Last edited by danaco; 12-20-2012 at 04:26 PM.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Hah, you won't have a problem getting rid of the extra pair. Shops couldn't have gotten any unless they ordered 6. They're pretty rare for now.
    Oh noes. I'm going to drink the Kool-Aid.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jcaino View Post
    Hah, you won't have a problem getting rid of the extra pair. Shops couldn't have gotten any unless they ordered 6. They're pretty rare for now.
    Fewer are stepping up to the plate than expected. I'll give it a day or so before they go back to the store.

Living the thug life.
    Sounds like someone should buy an ad, they're only $2.
    I proudly ride for these guys.

My blog.

mtbr member
    Just to provide more info, 45NRTH is sold out of these and next batch will be available next late summer-ish.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    PM sent

mtbr member
    I am seeing them in stock in some MPLS area shops. Specifically at Freewheel in Eden Prairie and Eriks in Eden Prairie and I assume there are some in other shops also.
    laotzucycles.blogspot.com

Anchorage, AK
    Wolvhammers. Size 50 on my way out the door for my morning commute, +15F. It takes me about 20 minutes to get to work so not much of a test yet, but initial impression is that they are comfortable and very warm. With size 13 feet I still had some wiggle room even with a thin base-layer sock and a thicker wool over-sock. Tonight I'll take them out for a night ride for 1-1.5 hours and see how they work.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Received !  45N WOLVHAMMER'S-img00217.jpg  

'Calm Down'
    Quote Originally Posted by ziax01 View Post
    Wolvhammers. Size 50 on my way out the door for my morning commute, +15F. It takes me about 20 minutes to get to work so not much of a test yet, but initial impression is that they are comfortable and very warm. With size 13 feet I still had some wiggle room even with a thin base-layer sock and a thicker wool over-sock. Tonight I'll take them out for a night ride for 1-1.5 hours and see how they work.
    Excellent combo, Pin Stripes and Wolvhammers.

jw
    -

"And single-speeding 29ers are mountain biking's equivalent of Scientologists..." - Captain Dondo

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    There's a stack of these at Freewheel Minneapolis.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Logantri View Post
    Sounds like someone should buy an ad, they're only $2.
    Edit !

Anchorage, AK
    Quote Originally Posted by ziax01 View Post
    I wore them for a 2 hour ride last night at -5F and they were pretty warm. Towards the end of my ride, my toes started to get a little cold, but overall I was pretty impressed. Next time I will try two pairs of merino wool socks and see how it goes.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Picked a pair of these up tonight from my LBS and have to say that these boots are very well made. I will try them out tomorrow in some single digit weather down on the MN river bottoms.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I picked up a set of 43's (I normally wear a 41.5 or 42). I've been out on three fatbike rides and these are great boots. Warm, stiff, comfortable. Going to use these for both fatbiking and commuting to work. I preordered mine back in September/October. The local shops are selling through these boots quick!

We just had "SNOWMAGEDDON" last night and the roads and bikepaths were wet and slushy. I wore a knee high wool ski sock inside and Sugoi Firewall softshell XC pants over the boots. I suspect water permeated my lower pant leg and wicked down my wool sock into the boot as my toes started getting wet about 3 hours into my ride. The boots have been drying out over the heat register all night and are still damp.

Going to invest in a good set of gaiters next. I suspect that will help keep my feet dry.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Just did a 10 mile ride in 12F weather and I am impressed with these boots. My feet stayed comfortable the entire time!