Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    since 4/10/2009
    Quote Originally Posted by rth009 View Post
    Can anyone confirm that the E13 100mm Threaded bottom bracket BB20.P-BSA100.K will work with a Race Face turbine cinch? Both are 30mm crank spindles. I already have the tool for e13 bottom brackets and dont want to buy the one for Race Face/ RWC. It also appears the bearings are easy to pull and replace on the e13 bottom brackets. Thanks
    CINCH cranks only care that your bb has room for a 30mm spindle. You will have to figure out the correct spacers on your own, because the cup thickness may be different. No biggie. CINCH cranks expect you'll use spacers. Better than those damn wavy washer setups or cranksets that require spacers behind the bb to put the bb cups in EXACTLY the correct spot.

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by l3eaudacious View Post
    So bearings are replaced! Took the lbs about 4 mins to replace the bearings. Any claim about them being difficult is just an up-sell. I ended-up splurging on the Enduro 6806 "ZERØ" Ceramic Sealed Bearing since ceramic apparently fares well in low temperatures, and I've never tried ceramic bearings(curiosity!).
    I just put those same bearings in my BB 2 months. They are nice and smooth.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    May 2005
    For the records, there will be soon a BSA30 bottom bracket from Chris King. I can't wait to get my hands on this beauty:
    SOC16: Chris King leaks new ThreadFit 30 bottom brackets for Cinch Cranks, Centerlock Road Disc hubs - Bikerumor

Race Face Cinch BSA 30mm BB Alternatives?-chris-king-centerlock-road-hub-40th-anniversary-threadfit-30-bottom-bracketimg_3586.jpg

And as my Race Face bottom bracket started to creak awfully, I did a search an Google and found this instruction to press out your current bearings from a Race Face bottom bracket. It's in german tough, but i think the pictures are self-explanatory.
    BSA30-Lager austauschen - crazyeddie

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by prj71 View Post
    I just put those same bearings in my BB 2 months. They are nice and smooth.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    That reminds me I forgot to update.

The Zero Ceramic Bearings lasted 6 months, and are in much worse shape then the oem RF bearings after the 6 months. Emailed vendor and was told these are really only meant for "Race Day" use not regular ridding. So much for ceramic being super though, harder than steel, and better suited for extreme temperatures.

I ordered a 10 regular Abec-5 steel 2Rs bearings for $15 direct from china, they look similar to the oem RF bearings. I'm going to re-grease them with a good bearing grease for low temps. For $15 I can swap bearings every 6 months for 5 years. Or as soon as I hear a creak, I can just toss the old bearings, and not even waste my time.

I was going to try the Angular contact bearings from RWC, but they're made by Enduro as well. The only way I"m ever buying "better" bearings again is if Shimano makes a BSA30 BB some magical day.

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by randan View Post
    And as my Race Face bottom bracket started to creak awfully, I did a search an Google and found this instruction to press out your current bearings from a Race Face bottom bracket. It's in german tough, but i think the pictures are self-explanatory.
    A bike specific bearing extractor for 6806 bearings is like $20, you can probably get a car bearing extractor in the correct size for cheaper.

mtbr member
    im pretty sure this tool is in here earlier on, but might be worth a repost.

Race Face Bottom Bracket Service Tool Version 2 | Silverfish UK

race face have clear 'how to videos' on youtube.

the ceramic speed website has an interesting article (as you might expect!) discussing how all ceramic bearings are not the same. i suspect to sopme extent you get what you pay for.

http://www.ceramicspeed.com/sport/te...icspeed-balls/

mtbr member
    For the records, there will be soon a BSA30 bottom bracket from Chris King. I can't wait to get my hands on this beauty:
    SOC16: Chris King leaks new ThreadFit 30 bottom brackets for Cinch Cranks, Centerlock Road Disc hubs - Bikerumor

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chris-king-centerlock-road-hub-40th-anniversary-threadfit-30-bottom-bracketIMG_3586.jpg 
Views:	429 
Size:	76.4 KB 
ID:	1065449

any word on availability? price?

mtbr member
    Any one use the Hope BB 30 mm with the Race Face Next SL G4 cranks?
    I was going to use the RF BB but after reading all the reviews I want to use something else

Thingamejigger
    Quote Originally Posted by mark59 View Post
    Any one use the Hope BB 30 mm with the Race Face Next SL G4 cranks?
    I was going to use the RF BB but after reading all the reviews I want to use something else
    Funnily enough my Raceface BB lasted far longer than the hope one I had fitted on my last bike. After ONE ride the hope was notchy, unfortunately Hope bearings are really soft Stainless and seem to be pretty poor of late. If you pack the RF bearings with grease they last reasonably well. What ever BB you use, you can just replace bearing fairly easily.

Once the RF got noisy, I did as described above and pulled the bearings, as easy job that took 30 mins. I replaced with SKF bearings using a 'Blind Puller' set and then a BB30/Headset press to refit. I also removed factory grease from SKF's and refilled with Rock'n'Roll Web Grease. Tools I used below, the RF specific tool is ridiculously expensive.

Brand New 5PC Inner Bearing Puller Set Kit Remover Blind Internal Slide Hammer | eBay

BB30 bottom bracket press tool, bearing installation tool, fast UK postage | eBay

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying_Scotsman View Post
    Funnily enough my Raceface BB lasted far longer than the hope one I had fitted on my last bike. After ONE ride the hope was notchy, unfortunately Hope bearings are really soft Stainless and seem to be pretty poor of late. If you pack the RF bearings with grease they last reasonably well. What ever BB you use, you can just replace bearing fairly easily.

Once the RF got noisy, I did as described above and pulled the bearings, as easy job that took 30 mins. I replaced with SKF bearings using a 'Blind Puller' set and then a BB30/Headset press to refit. I also removed factory grease from SKF's and refilled with Rock'n'Roll Web Grease. Tools I used below, the RF specific tool is ridiculously expensive.

Brand New 5PC Inner Bearing Puller Set Kit Remover Blind Internal Slide Hammer | eBay

BB30 bottom bracket press tool, bearing installation tool, fast UK postage | eBay
    Thats very helpful thanks . I had my eye on this bearing as well Threaded to 30mm Ceramic Hybrid BB - Black

Monday morning I am going to call Chris King and see when theres will be available

Thingamejigger
    Quote Originally Posted by mark59 View Post
    Thats very helpful thanks . I had my eye on this bearing as well Threaded to 30mm Ceramic Hybrid BB - Black
    The only problem I foresee is that the inner tube wont be long enough for a 100mm BB, unless you cut it and add a bit in. However, there are many who don't run a centre tube in their BB.

mtbr member
    someone somewhere showed a pic of the centre tube divided and inner tube plugging the gap. problem there being it wont 'push fit' into the cup...

Quote Originally Posted by Flying_Scotsman View Post
    The only problem I foresee is that the inner tube wont be long enough for a 100mm BB, unless you cut it and add a bit in. However, there are many who don't run a centre tube in their BB.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by collideous View Post
    I'm running RWC's external cup BB30 for my RaceFace and Rotor cranks. Quite a few Enduro bearing options and they come in pretty colors too. I use stainless steel bearings for winter use. Everything else always ended up corroding.

Attachment 1006154
    Thanks Bro! You've no idea how much this has helped me out. This company didn't seem to show up on ANY of my net searches!

Just ordered the red / ceramic setup for my Sergeant Ti mid-fat 29er +...!!!!!

mtbr member

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chris-king-centerlock-road-hub-40th-anniversary-threadfit-30-bottom-bracketIMG_3586.jpg 
Views:	429 
Size:	76.4 KB 
ID:	1065449
    I spoke to Chris King today, there BSA30 BB and T47 (new threaded spec BB) will be available in the fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member

RWC BB - Longevity?

Quote Originally Posted by collideous View Post
    I'm running RWC's external cup BB30 for my RaceFace and Rotor cranks. Quite a few Enduro bearing options and they come in pretty colors too. I use stainless steel bearings for winter use. Everything else always ended up corroding.

Attachment 1006154
    I'm looking for a threaded BB to move up to a 30mm spindle myself. The lack of a tube between the two bearing cups looks like a great place for water to get in. So how's your RWC BB been holding up? I'm currently running a SRAM crank on their GXP BB and they use a 24mm spindle. I am thinking about a Race Face crank and going 1X. Any suggestions?

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    The RF bearings are fine, I have a few sets, no issues, same with e13, no reason to go crazy, just make sure they dry after use, no high pressure water.

I like the Next SL, but turbines are fine.

mtbr member
    I eventually opted for a Wheels Manufacturing BB to move up from the 24mm GXP to a 30mm BB on my Santa Cruz.

http://wheelsmfg.com/bottom-brackets...-bb-black.html

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
    2015 Santa Cruz Bronson
    Only major components that are still stock on my bike, Pike fork, Reverb dropper, and SLX brakes.

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    I have about 3500km on my RF BSA30. Lately I've been noticing a creak on the right side. I don't think it's the pedal. I think I will try to replace the bearings instead of spending big money on the Chris King. I don't even see a 100mm version anyways?

Thingamejigger
    Worth a try, 6806 are the bearings you need for the 30mm axle versions.

Race Face Cinch BSA 30mm BB Alternatives?-25581816074_4bcb25f1e7_c.jpg

All fat, all the time.
    I guess I've been lucky, still running the original RF that came with my cranks when i built my bucksaw....probably close to 5K miles, re-grease it once/season by carefully pulling the seals off with a tiny screwdriver.

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    The drive side bearing was super crunchy(only 3500 km on it). I cleaned it out and greased but it still had a bunch of snags.

I put 20,000+ km on my FSA MegaExo with zero maintenance, and it still is spinning like new...

anyways I bought a pair of 6806 Wheels Mfg bearings off eBay for $30cdn shipped. Punched out the old bearings with a screwdriver and hammer, squeezed the new ones in with a vice. Pretty easily done within an hour.

Really disappointed with the RF BB. I think I will switch over to the Hope Tech 30mm eventually. Unfortunately and frustratingly, all brands (King, RF, Hope) use their own proprietary bb tools.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12