mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Purchasing a new Fat Bike

Any suggestions on brands and deals related to these bikes. I am looking to enjoy and expand my winter riding. Thanks!!

Nuts
    Check out the Fatback add at the top of the page, hard to beat their price on a complete. Out of the three I've had my new Fatback is my favorite.
    Last edited by bdundee; 02-08-2012 at 11:46 AM.
    And I love beer!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Check out fatbackbikes.com, or click on the header up top! They have them in stock ready to build. Only word of advice, when you're ready to get one, pull the trigger immediately. Supply & Demand is not working in your favor...

All I can tell you is that I've bought more expensive bikes, and less expensive bikes. The fat bike brings me the most dollars per smile of any bike I've ever purchased.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Check out the Surly ad and the right of this page. Much better dealer network so you'll likely find one to test ride locally among other factors.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    There are a lot of right answers when it comes to fat bike brands. If yu check the faq, you can get some good information. A lot depends on the type of riding you want to do. My pugsley fits and rides like a cross country MTB, but was too low in front for me to be comfortable all day. I now have a ti mukluk, but i would have been just as happy with a ti fatback. Of the people who's opinions matter to me, they own moots, surly, fatback and 907 bikes in an assortment of metals and sizes. Look at how you ride and how you are built and what you like, and take it from there.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    I am very happy with my Mukluk and the price. Complete are very reasonable or treefortbikes.com has 2011 frames at closeout price. If I had it to do over again...I would still go Salsa.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I think of bikes just like Motocross bikes. Buy the color you like. You'll be happy in the end.