Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

Pugsley Rack Options With No Need For Modifications

I am looking for a front and rear rack for my Pugsley that doesn't require any modifications to mount, aside from the Surely Nice Racks? I've tried searching and it appears that most require some kind of modified brackets of some sort. I was hoping for something not so bulky looking as the Surely Nice Rack.

Thanks

ride more
    Mar 2007
    I bought a cannondale "touring" rear rack it was cheap and bolted right up. I'm looking for a front now...

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Planet Bike Eco Rack and Axiom Journey both bolted up using the "inside" of the driveside eyelets. Both of these racks can be found under $30 too!
    Jason
    Disclaimer: www.paramountsports.net

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    the 15 ones from edinburgh bike shop are great, I think coastkid has them on his pugs, as do I on mine

bikeboatbrewski
    Sunlite, gold model is what I got on the rear of my Pugs. $30 No mods.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the suggestions, I'll be checking some of these out.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Second the Axiom Journey.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Your Platform For Adventure

the same model rack fits front or rear. can be swapped from bike to bike. They can be set up and swapped between a range of decks and pannier or drybag options. Products

I believe that QBP distribute them in the US of A. (we do them in Australia)

Elvis.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cozz View Post
    the 15 ones from edinburgh bike shop are great, I think coastkid has them on his pugs, as do I on mine
    Cozz do you have a link to these as i've had a look and not sure which ones which

also will they fit front and back?

mtbr member
    What racks are you using?

I used Bontrager Back Rack I's on my Pugs and the front did require a slight modification but nothing too crazy. I just had to cut the vertical loop off of the "back" of the front rack. The mounts worked great and were a breeze to set up.
    My motorcycle runs on infant blood

Cheesiest
    Quote Originally Posted by Elvis @ Dirt Works View Post
    Your Platform For Adventure

the same model rack fits front or rear. can be swapped from bike to bike. They can be set up and swapped between a range of decks and pannier or drybag options. Products

I believe that QBP distribute them in the US of A. (we do them in Australia)

Elvis.
    Have you tried mounting the rear? Methinks the cable routing may be problematic.

mtbr member
    Here`s the link to the Edinburgh Bike Co-Op `Revolution Adventure Pannier Rack Mountain` racks, hurry up there`s a sale on and there 8 each!

Revolution Adventure Pannier Rack Mountain (8.00)
    plan it...build it....ride it...love it....
    http://coastkid.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    Cheers for that CK

All ordered and only 8 each bargain!!

mtbr member
    Anyone running racks on a small pug? Tried on of mine last night and the angles are pretty severe. Any idea what works best?

mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Gary Fisher rack

Just mounted up an old GF rack that I had lying around. I used the inside of the drive-side eyelet and the outside of the non-drive-side eyelet. I used a small spacer (an M6 nut on an M5 bolt) on the left side as well. I also needed spacers on the seat stay eyelets because they were much farther apart than the rack braces - however the rack was centered between those eyelets which is a good sign! All of the bolts (except the drive side) are 25mm long, so they go through *all* of the threads in those wide eyelets. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

Slow But Still Pedaling
    Quote Originally Posted by FrontRanger View Post
    Anyone running racks on a small pug? Tried on of mine last night and the angles are pretty severe. Any idea what works best?
    The Surly rack works - I get a little hamstring interference at full extension but not enough to be bothersome (doesn't hit when pedaling), let me know and I'll send pics if desired.

Cheesiest

I have an Axiom Pheonix on my small, but don't really like the fit. I'm prolly just going to get a custom frame from A-Train cycles. Obviously more expensive, but I'll waste that amount of money trying to get a perfect fit.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Either the Old Man Mountain Cold Springs or Sherpa rear racks will mount front or back on any Pugsley frame (including small) without modification if you get them with Pugsley mounting kit available at no extra charge from OMM or bikebagshop.com. They are light, strong and infinitely adjustable.
    That said, with minimal mount fabrication (front) or modification (back) I think the Cold Springs front rack mounts more cleanly and looks nicer. See OMM FRONT rack on Pugsley fork for a description of a simple front mount I (with 2 left hands) fabricated with a hacksaw, drill, and file. For the rear all you need is a hacksaw to shorten the provided Pugs mount to lower the front Cold Springs rack to a good position.
    If anyone wants dimensions for the front mount I fabricated let me know.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Has anyone tried the Tubus LOCC? I have seen them installed on a Pugsley but cannot tell what clearance there is. I also read that an extension part is required to clear the calipers. I am interested in the LOCC for my Fatback so if anyone has any input on them I would be happy to hear it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

PUGSLEY RACK OPTIONS (Again)

I am looking for a cheap option for a front or rear rack $35 and under for my pugsley. I live in the USA so some of the options may not be sensible if I factor in shipping from other countries. Suggestions??

mtbr member
    I use this one with the xl mounting bracket purchased directly from PB

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Topeak Supertourist rack worked well for me.

mtbr member
    I use this one with the xl mounting bracket purchased directly from PB

That looks like the one that came on my Pugs... It's a Planet Bike Versarack Disc. You have to apply a little force to get the thing to mount up centered on the rack mounts, but no modifications needed.

mtbr member
    Anyone knows if the Racktime Fold-it rack fits on a Pugs with Larry tires?

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    how big of a rack do you need/want?

I put a Gamoh on my pugs with room to spare. you need to work with it to fit it right but the supports are super wide and easy to make right.

it's big and can carry a ton of weight, like if you need to take a case of beer and some other things to a party or whatever. or groceries. or a wheelbarrow.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pugsley Rack Options With No Need For Modifications-pugsley3.jpg  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast