mtbr member
    May 2013

Pugsley or Moonlander to Rent in Bellingham, Washington

I've been lurking on the Fat Bikes forum for a month or two since test riding a Moonlander at a LBS. In order to try one out for a little longer before beginning the long and arduous process of convincing my wife to let me buy one I'd like to rent a Pugsley or Moonlander to ride around a bit.

Wit that, I will be visiting Bellingham for several days in July and am looking to rent a Pugsley or Moonlander (or two, if I can convince my wife to ride one). It looks like there is only one shop (Kulshan Cycles) in Bellingham that rents bikes and carries Surly bikes, but they haven't responded to my email yet.

Is there anyone in the Bellingham area willing to rent out one of their personal bikes? I'd need an 18 or 20" frame and my wife would need a 16 or 18" frame.

Thanks in advance.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Where are you coming from? I have a moonlander in Seattle, but will be in Portland in July. I'm also curious where you'll be riding around Bellingham - not too much where you'd need a fat bike that time of year around there to my knowledge, but I'm happy to learn.

NMBP
    Quote Originally Posted by cjbrubaker View Post
    Where are you coming from? I have a moonlander in Seattle, but will be in Portland in July. I'm also curious where you'll be riding around Bellingham - not too much where you'd need a fat bike that time of year around there to my knowledge, but I'm happy to learn.
    None of my business, but there is a flaw in your logic.
    Riding Fat and still just as fast as I never was.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    We're flying directly into Bellingham, and a trip down to Seattle or Portland probably won't work out for us. Thanks though.

I don't really know where I'll be riding around Bellingham, but I figure with a fattie I will be able to explore wherever I desire.

I doubt I'll need a fat bike on this trip, but I've got a feeling most people don't really need one in Seattle either