mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Pugsley Fork and Large Marge wheel on a 29er frame?

Has anyone tried a Surly Pugsley Fork with a Large Marge wheel on a 29er frame? 26er frame?

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by wrayb View Post
    Has anyone tried a Surly Pugsley Fork with a Large Marge wheel on a 29er frame? 26er frame?
    Check the Surly blog they may have had something like this on a 1x1 a few weeks back... I can't recall if it was a Krampus front or a Pug front type setup making a half fat like 26'er.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I've been using a Pugs fork on my 1x1 w/ either a LM/Larry or a 29er stud. It works OK but I don't recommend running 29" wheels on a 26" frame. It just feels topheavy, like I'm on top of the bike instead down b/w the wheels like it's designed to feel.

I have not put a Pugs fork on my 29er

Pat

mtbr member
    I run a steel Black Sheep fat unicrown on my Trek Transport...Last winter I was able to run a 65mm hoop with a hand-rolled 3.0 studded Gazzoladi. Just a boring skinny hoop and studded Nokian something on back, though I think I can stuff a 45mm hoop with a 2.35 or so in there.

Handled great on ice and on mostly plowed Anchorage sidewalks and multiuse trails...not so much if I beat the plows to work...
    If Huffy made an airplane, would you fly in it?

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Do a search for "Fat Front". There is an abundance of pics, info, and opinions on this set-up if you do a search.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    tossed a pug fork, fat sheba and larry on the front of my karate monkey,,, Pugmonk"... and had a large marge and a 2.5 tire on the back... ran it 1x9... but now it's back to a SS 29'er,, likely up for sale.. just had a necro built up. using some of the parts...