mtbr member

Puglsey complete build kits

Surly doesn't allow its dealers to ship complete bikes, but Bikeman gets around this by selling separate Pugsley "creator" frames and build kits for $1700 (which you have to buy together).

Does anyone offer the same option for a lower price?

Thanks

Tim

mtbr member
    I've not seen any but that's not to say they don't exist .

mtbr member
    Thanks. I'll keep looking as I thought Bikeman's price was $50 less last time I looked.

Tim

CS2
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wombat View Post
    Surly doesn't allow its dealers to ship complete bikes, but Bikeman gets around this by selling separate Pugsley "creator" frames and build kits for $1700 (which you have to buy together).

Does anyone offer the same option for a lower price?

Thanks

Tim
    Isn't that close to list on a complete bike? I'd rather have the LBS build it and get free tune ups or whatever else they offer.
    1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1992 Stumpjumpers. 1995 Waterford 1200, 1999 Waterford RSE, plus a garage full of steel frames.

Nuts
    Quote Originally Posted by CS2 View Post
    Isn't that close to list on a complete bike? I'd rather have the LBS build it and get free tune ups or whatever else they offer.
    You need to remember though not everyone can walk into a LBS and get one
    And I love beer!!

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    There were two on eBay that were described as slightly used but I bought one and it came completely unassembled, never ridden, for about $1500 including shipping. I love the way it rides on dirt am looking forward to getting on the snowy trails soon.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CS2 View Post
    I enjoy building bikes and haven't taken one to an LBS in over 15 years. And I'm in Australia where last year's model lists for around $2,300. So it's also a lot cheaper to buy a boxed Pugsley.

Tim