mtbr member

Problem Solvers Direct Mount Adapter on a Pugsley frame?

Currently researching front mech options for my previously Alfined Pugsley...

Can anyone confirm that the e-type post on the Pugsley frame's BB shell does not interfere with the front derailleur's operation if installing a 9 spd Shimano direct mount high front mech (eg. M771 or M661) on a Problem Solvers adapter? Or if the seat tube bottle mounts obstruct the adapter's clamp?

I believe the adapter now ships with 28.6mm shims for a Pugsley seat tube(?), and I'm considering this option (versus e-type) but would welcome reassurance before ordering the parts from overseas

Cheers
    Jason

(apologies if this is answered in the archives somewhere, but I couldn't find it and a definitive answer could be useful to others too)

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    it works.

Quote Originally Posted by jason-l View Post
    Currently researching front mech options for my previously Alfined Pugsley...

Can anyone confirm that the e-type post on the Pugsley frame's BB shell does not interfere with the front derailleur's operation if installing a 9 spd Shimano direct mount high front mech (eg. M771 or M661) on a Problem Solvers adapter? Or if the seat tube bottle mounts obstruct the adapter's clamp?

I believe the adapter now ships with 28.6mm shims for a Pugsley seat tube(?), and I'm considering this option (versus e-type) but would welcome reassurance before ordering the parts from overseas

Cheers
    Jason

(apologies if this is answered in the archives somewhere, but I couldn't find it and a definitive answer could be useful to others too)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tlupfer View Post
    it works.
    Thank you

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    do either of you have pics? I am thinking of doing this as I have poor shifting on my e-type with white ind 38/24t 2x setup as the e-type is TOO far from the 38 chainring...

does it interfere with e-type tab?

thx...

g

mtbr member
    Hi Greg

I don't have any pics, but can take one in next day or two.

In summary: the Problem Solver does exactly as it claims I had the same concern about the E-type frame tab fouling the derailleur, but the reality is it doesn't come into play at all. I run mine on a 22/32/bash setup.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by gregclimbs View Post
    do either of you have pics? I am thinking of doing this as I have poor shifting on my e-type with white ind 38/24t 2x setup as the e-type is TOO far from the 38 chainring...

does it interfere with e-type tab?

thx...

g
    There is a Saint E Type for two speed fronts from a few years ago that I use on a 36/22 2x. I got it from Universal Cycles I think. It says it is for 36 t max but sure looks like it would clear a 38 on my Fatback. It shifts very well. To be fair my wifes bike has a regular XTR sitting way above her 32 big ring and that shifts well too.
    Latitude 61