mtbr member
    Feb 2014

Please help me identify this mystery Fat Bike

Hey guys, my boss just sent me this pic and n+1 has kicked in... But I have no idea what it is and can't find anything like it online... Please help if you can...

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Looks like a Walmart bike-shaped object.

mtbr member
    It looks like a Electra Tiger Shark.

Tiger Shark 3i | Electra Bikes
    2016 Trek Farley 9.6
    2015 616 Muenzie
    2013 On One Fatty
    2011 Trek Sawyer

bigger than you.
    just say no. you don't want this. trust me.
    Maverick Moto Media Motorcycles, Mountain Biking & Social Media Mgt
    Facebook Twitter Instagram

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    It's cool if the paint to match truck comes with it, otherwise, ew.
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Hmmm, thanks guys, I was afraid that might be the case... Duly warned, but not entirely put off... I wouldn't be using it for serious riding, I already have a trail bike for that. This would be a bit of fun to punt around the streets with the family and take on the sand when opportunity presents... Even if it is a BSO, as long as the headtube is 1 1/8 I would be tempted to strip it to the frame and rebuild it with mid-level (deore-slx) parts and get a rigid fork on there... I do have the mechanical ability and am slightly nuts for warbird themed stuff...

So if anyone knows the origin I am still interested...

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Post number 3 is what it is. You should be able to figure out how to get one from that website.
    Latitude 61

since 4/10/2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunalic View Post
    It looks like a Electra Tiger Shark.

Tiger Shark 3i | Electra Bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by sryanak View Post
    Post number 3 is what it is. You should be able to figure out how to get one from that website.
    Try again. Too many details don't match. Particularly, that Electra doesn't have disc brakes. It has a front drum brake and a rear coaster brake. The green isn't even close to matching between the two. The shaping on that funny top tube doesn't match. The shark decals don't match. The other decals on the unknown bike don't match, either (and are far more prolific).

It may well be a BSO, but I have my doubts. Kickstand bracket on the chainstay notwithstanding, are fat BSO's coming with suspension forks now?

Honestly, that bike could be ANYTHING.

Aliexpress.com : Buy 2015 Creative Sticker Shark Mouth Sticker Reflective Road Bicyles Mtb Bicycle Frames Decals 2 Pics Bicycle Frame Decorators from Reliable frame decoration suppliers on Cars Motorcycles Bicycles Stickers NO.1 | Alibaba Group

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Had a look at the link on post 3...it is to a standard Electra beach cruiser... Single speed, 3 speed hub, coaster brake, 1" Quill stem, swept bars, white 2.5ish road tyres, fenders.
    The bike at the top has 3 rings at the front and a cassette at the rear, dual discs, front shocks (however dubious), threadless steerer, flat bars and most importantly 4" tyres on fat rims... The only similarities are that they are green paint and a sharks mouth...

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I guess I couldn't take looking at the first picture for long enough to spot the obvious......
    Latitude 61

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold View Post
    Try again. Too many details don't match. Particularly, that Electra doesn't have disc brakes. It has a front drum brake and a rear coaster brake. The green isn't even close to matching between the two. The shaping on that funny top tube doesn't match. The shark decals don't match. The other decals on the unknown bike don't match, either (and are far more prolific).

It may well be a BSO, but I have my doubts. Kickstand bracket on the chainstay notwithstanding, are fat BSO's coming with suspension forks now?

Honestly, that bike could be ANYTHING.

Aliexpress.com : Buy 2015 Creative Sticker Shark Mouth Sticker Reflective Road Bicyles Mtb Bicycle Frames Decals 2 Pics Bicycle Frame Decorators from Reliable frame decoration suppliers on Cars Motorcycles Bicycles Stickers NO.1 | Alibaba Group
    Lol... Simultaneous post :P

Looked at the stickers in my search also, but it's the combination of the unusual TT and the decals that caught me... The stickers don't look that great on a bike with regular tubes...

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by sryanak View Post
    I guess I couldn't take looking at the first picture for long enough to spot the obvious......
    Each to their own Not asking you to like it, and must admit the wheels are OTT, but they can be changed for something less bling... Maybe matt brown with a Brooks saddle and leather grips... I just want the frame as a starting point...

since 4/10/2009
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJesusfreak View Post
    Lol... Simultaneous post :P

Looked at the stickers in my search also, but it's the combination of the unusual TT and the decals that caught me... The stickers don't look that great on a bike with regular tubes...
    I also tracked down this thing.

http://lohasvehicle.com/c543f53769e6...TB017_428.html

Not the same frame, quite, but that bloated top tube concept does crop up elsewhere, at any rate (as well as a similar kickstand bracket, though the dropouts don't match). And the shark stickers I shared don't match exactly, either. But that doesn't mean that the above bike is stickered by the owner. I just used that example to point out that any mfr can sell a bike with shark stickers.

I can't tell what that suspension fork is, and that may tell us more about the rest of the bike.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Eeeew... Electric... Just jokes Thanks heaps for helping with the search I wouldn't be opposed to painting and stickering if I could find the right frame, I'm a sucker for a project and more money spent in bits over time doesn't upset the wife as much

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    I'll ask my boss to look at the original photo on his iphone tomorrow... Might be able to make out the name on the fork in the higher res...

mtbr member
    Felt makes regular cruisers with tanks...just none yet with their fat bike cruisers.

Fat Tire - Felt Bicycles
    2016 Trek Farley 9.6
    2015 616 Muenzie
    2013 On One Fatty
    2011 Trek Sawyer

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Yeah, If I was chasing a cruiser, this one from Felt would be my pic....

Felt's fat bikes also seem to be more cruiser than mtb... Hub gears and coaster brake...

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    At first I thought it could be a rebadged MIR Chopper but that bike's tank fully envelopes the downtube, but your pic has the downtube mostly separate.

Here are better pics of the fork but the wacky font makes it illegible to me.
    Haxuan, Haxian, something like that.
    ??????? FAT BIKE ???? Black BigFoot - ???????????? ??????? Fat Bike fatbike-th ??????2 : Inspired by LnwShop.com

I'm guessing that is a $400-600 bike.

since 4/10/2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ttakata73 View Post
    At first I thought it could be a rebadged MIR Chopper but that bike's tank fully envelopes the downtube, but your pic has the downtube mostly separate.

Here are better pics of the fork but the wacky font makes it illegible to me.
    Haxuan, Haxian, something like that.
    ??????? FAT BIKE ???? Black BigFoot - ???????????? ??????? Fat Bike fatbike-th ??????2 : Inspired by LnwShop.com

I'm guessing that is a $400-600 bike.
    Your Google-fu is quite good. I'd call the fork a Huaxuan. A google search turns up some expired alibaba listings for suspension forks with that spelling.

The frame is just difficult. The one you posted is pretty close, but the tree in front of the bike in the OP makes details at the headtube area difficult.

I'd honestly expect the bike to be closer to $400 than to $600, but you never know sometimes.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Thanks so much for the help guys looking at the hi-res at work today, there is a web address on the seatstay... It was built by these guys in china...

TianJin QiCaiMa Bicycle Co., Ltd Mountain Bike|Trick Bike|Traveling Bike|Public Bike|Folding Bike|Light Bike|Bmx-TIANJIN QICAIMA BICYCLE C0., LTD

Unfortunately there is no mention of it on the site so I may be outta luck... I have sent them an email inquiring, so we'll see... But thanks for searching anyway... I may look at customising one of those MIR choppers along the same lines at some point...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold View Post
    Try again. Too many details don't match. Particularly, that Electra doesn't have disc brakes. It has a front drum brake and a rear coaster brake.
    It may have custom built wheels, too, as many Electras come with 3-speed Shimano hubs and the pictured bike has a suspension fork.

BUT

Electras have seat tubes that touch down BEHIND the bottom bracket ("crank forward"). The pictured bike's seat tube conventionally touches down in the middle of the BB.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleas
    Pedal-powered tractor!