mtbr member

Please help me find a frame

I've been on a specialized fatboy for about 2 months and love it. I've been spending less and less time on my fs 29er and more on the fatbike. Since it's becoming my primary bike, I've made a lot of upgrades and plan to make more. When I'm done, I'll basically be left with the frame and fork being the only stock parts, and I may get a bluto eventually.

I'd like to take the parts and build up a fatbike for friends to ride when they need a bike. Is there a somewhat inexpensive frame and fork that would allow me to do this? I had planned on getting another fatboy frame, but the frame and fork combo are just a few hundred $ short of the entire bike. Hoping to find something under $500.

I guess the most important factor is finding one that will work with the 135mm front wheel and 180mm rear wheel. I may also swap the stock cranks out which are PF30 & 100mm.

Thanks for the help

Rocking on a Rocky
    RSD The Mayor frame and carbon fork for 750 or frame for 499.
    It doesn't matter what I ride as long as I ride it Rubber Side Down●~●.

mtbr member
    That's a little more than I'd like to spend but might work. Is it available online? I'm in eastern Oklahoma and there aren't many local shops in the area.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    It sounds like you are looking to build a "guest" bike. Why not just buy an inexpensive bike from Bikes Direct or The House? If you are serious about wanting to upgrade your bike to a Bluto, the math may work out for you to look at one already equipped with a Bluto and swap forks and hubs between bikes.

Galen

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jason813 View Post
    deleted spam by manufacturer
    Jason,
    When everyone wakes up they're going to be smellin your stinky Spam all over the forum. Buy some ad space.
    Last edited by rockcrusher; 07-29-2014 at 10:09 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by GalenCopes View Post
    It sounds like you are looking to build a "guest" bike. Why not just buy an inexpensive bike from Bikes Direct or The House? If you are serious about wanting to upgrade your bike to a Bluto, the math may work out for you to look at one already equipped with a Bluto and swap forks and hubs between bikes.

Galen
    I ended up getting a Bluto today. Had a 20% off coupon and decided to go that route. I had thought about a BD bike, but I'm thinking if I can find a decent frame, then the end result will be better when I combine that with the specialized wheels and carbon fork.

This bike will primarily be ridden by my gf until she can get a bike, and then it will be a guest bike. I doubt I'll ride it much at all.

Thanks for all the suggestions so far.