Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jan 2010

Pics of your 1x9 fatties

Interested in your set ups

mtbr member
    FSA Carbon Team Issue cranks with 32T chainring FSA BB--KMC X-9sl chain and Shimano HG-61 12-36 Casette... Works great on my Moonlander!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pics of your 1x9 fatties-january-2012-116.jpg  

Pics of your 1x9 fatties-january-2012-126.jpg  

Pics of your 1x9 fatties-january-2012-125.jpg  

Last edited by NOBBY605; 02-05-2012 at 01:18 PM.

mtbr member

2007 Wildfire 1X9

My Wildfire has Middleburn RS-7 cranks w/38T Uno ring, Phil Wood BB, 11-34 SRAM cassette, and SRAM rear deraiilure.

Harmonius Wrench

Can 1 X 10 Play?

Some images of my 1 X 10 Salsa Ti Muk here. 11-36T casette, 34T E-13 Guide Ring in purple ano.

The pink bike was seen at Triple D race in Dubuque, IA January 14th at the pre-race. Belongs to the promoters wife, if I am not mistaken. 1X set up with bash guard on inside of chainring!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pics of your 1x9 fatties-triple-d-12-001.jpg  

Pics of your 1x9 fatties-muk-vs-muk-12-006.jpg  

Pics of your 1x9 fatties-rubena-tires-001.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    daveells, sorry to jack your thread!

I'd like to see 1x chain keeper with phil wood bb install. I recall seeing some but I can't find it now. My chain keeps coming off and I'm looking for to get either the MRP 1.X or Paul Chain Keeper but unsure how you would install it. thanks in advanced!

mtbr member
    MRP makes a direct mount 1x...will also need Problem Solvers 100mm direct mount adapter.

ent
    Sep 2011

e13, 1x10, no chain guide.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011

1x 7 of 9

I had to remove 2 of the 9 so as to fit BFLs on Clownshoes. I have not solved the chain retention problem, but I think I may use a BB mount paul chain keeper and a spacer on the Profile Racing bb spindle to keep the bearings loaded.
    28 tooth Profile Racing Imperial chainring and a 11x34 cassette give me the gear range I think I want. I chose the Profile crank because of the availability of long crank arms and easy availability of 26 and 28 tooth chainrings. I will be replacing the rear derailleur with a short cage version to try to help the tire to chain clearance a little.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pics of your 1x9 fatties-_1260734.jpg  

mtbr member

This is my 1 x 9 [8 +1] Pugs...the +1 is when I get off and walk...
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    A Surly Mr. Whirly with a 30 tooth stainless steel Surly chain ring up front, and a 11-34t rear. The 19 setup looks much cleaner, and works great via the Paul BB Chain Keeper.

Pictures are here: snowbikes.wordpress.com/2011/12/26/surly-pugsley

will rant for food
    Jan 2010
    Anyone consider something like this? 38 TOOTH SPROCKET, 38 TOOTH COG, 38T, BICYCLE, BIKE | eBay
    Latitude: 44.93 N

Harmonius Wrench
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew Diller View Post
    Interesting. I knew Action Tec made titanium cogs this big, but I hadn't seen anything else like that until now.

I don't run anything Shimano though, so I guess it doesn't matter.

Perpetual n00b
    You are gonna get reamed so hard by a trail nazi with all that mud on your tires!

Quote Originally Posted by vikb View Post

This is my 1 x 9 [8 +1] Pugs...the +1 is when I get off and walk...

mtbr member

How about a 1 X Infnite

NuVinci
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pics of your 1x9 fatties-nuvinci-pugs.jpg  

Pics of your 1x9 fatties-nuvinci-pugs-hub.jpg  

Pics of your 1x9 fatties-beals-point-1-29-2012.jpg  

mtbr member
    I use the snowguide to keep the chain on at the front on my 1x9 Mukluk.

2012_0205slussysnow0021 by singlespeedstu, on Flickr

Doesn't work so well in warmer weather though so have to revert to a bb mounted chainguide when the sun comes out.

hanging around by singlespeedstu, on Flickr

danaco
    You guys obviously don't climb alot ! Like 1200'+ in two miles like we do around here. I would love to have a 1x9 or 10 but I ain't Fabian Cancellara ! Not even sure he could do it, for long anyway....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pics of your 1x9 fatties-2012-02-04_14-32-44_529.jpg  

Twenty2 Cycles
    Bully getting high 1x...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pics of your 1x9 fatties-june-creek.jpg  

danaco
    Quote Originally Posted by drtoro View Post
    Bully getting high 1x...
    OK Cancellara, your alot tuffer than me !!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by danaco View Post
    OK Cancellara, your alot tuffer than me !!
    Edit...tougher !

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    You guys obviously don't climb alot ! Like 1200'+ in two miles like we do around here. I would love to have a 1x9 or 10 but I ain't Fabian Cancellara ! Not even sure he could do it, for long anyway....
    I certainly do climb, I just don't go very fast on the way back down. I start at around 24 gear inches and I have a chainring to bring that down to 22 and a cog to bring it down to 21 if I decide that I need it. I am only 2 gears up from a typical 3x9 setup and I save some weight and complexity and for me, that is a worthwhile tradeoff. I also placed a high degree of importance on 190mm cranks.
    I don't pretend that 1x or singlespeed is the best solution for everyone, but there are certainly advantages for a lot of people and many of them can and do climb.

mtbr member

Climbed a lot on the CDN GDR with 4 panniers and full camping gear. I walked about once or twice in a 100km day. By the time I was walking I could keep pace with my buddy who was still on his bike with the same gearing setup.

We could also cruise at over 30kph at the top end and got into the 70kph+ range bombing hills without pedaling.

I'm now running an even lower gear [23T vs 21T] on my Pugsley so I probably wouldn't walk any of the CDN GDR.

Quote Originally Posted by dgw2jr View Post
    You are gonna get reamed so hard by a trail nazi with all that mud on your tires!
    I didn't know there were trail Nazi's hanging around on drying mudflats miles from a paved road in Baja. I didn't see any at the time anyways...
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

Perpetual n00b
    Quote Originally Posted by vikb View Post
    I didn't know there were trail Nazi's hanging around on drying mudflats miles from a paved road in Baja. I didn't see any at the time anyways...
    They lurk on the forums, looking for all-weather mtbers to scold. In my neck of the woods, if they see any signs of mud on your bike then you will never hear the end of it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

My new 1 x 9 zero7

No snow, winter almost over. Who cares, going to be fun anyway!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pics of your 1x9 fatties-img_0189.jpg  

Islip, NY
    C.L.I.M.B.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Very nice build, I like the 45NRTH's.
    Let it Snow!!!

2011 Surly Pugsley 3.7/3.8
    2012 Carver Ti O'Beast 4.7

mtbr member
    Truvativ Holzfeller crankset
    Salsa 32t ring
    SRAM X.9 shifter and short cage derailleur
    SRAM PG-990 12-32 cassette
    Paul E-Type chain keeper

I love this setup. Practical, durable and still a bit flashy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pics of your 1x9 fatties-muddy-pugsley.jpg  

My motorcycle runs on infant blood

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast