Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Feb 2012

No good People who don't like fat bikers

Sometimes you meet people who hate the very idea of fat biking and would love to give you a piece of their mind about it. People who have no sense of decency and berates a stranger for their mode of transportation. This is particularly a phenomenon if you ride in the winter and travel in the habitat of the skiers, who are under the illusion that they are the sole proprietor of all things winter.

So blow off some steam, tell us your stories about fat bike hate, and revel in the glory of the haters ignorance.

Penny's my cow-cat
    don`t not doesn`t
    Penny has the fastest Paw in the west!

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy-jeff View Post
    don`t not doesn`t
    And here we have someone who doesn't like poor grammar.

Another Retro Grouch
    I was riding my 29er on the road and some roadies going the other way didn't wave back. The next day I was riding my fat bike on the trail and some 26ers didn't say hi back to me. I am so butt hurt right now I may just bin all my bikes and become a runner.

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Jan 2004
    I'm inventing a self powered winter Zorb.
    The hate will be simply exquisite!
    "We LOVE cows! They make trails for us.....

And then we eat them."

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Our trails and XC ski trails cross paths a few times and has led to many rude comments. One night I was climbing a long slow hill with 3 T6 lights blazing when 2 XC skiers almost T boned me and a friend, they had no lights on a dimly lit ski trail. I stopped about 100' later for hydration and to ask friend what they said. I could hear them talking about how fat bikes don't belong in the woods and how he had six pairs of ski's and would not even think of buying one of those things. The funny thing was the guy he was talking to said he had one and they are a blast, shut him up real fast.

is buachail foighneach me
    Moose don't like fat bikers. They're big bullies and they chase me with the intention of beating me up, just because of my bike.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Well, not exactly fat biking, but about 28 years ago, some drunks in a beater dodge spun some donuts around me in a gravel parking lot when I was getting a sixer on my old Schwinn cruiser. One of 'em even shouted "Yeehaw!" out the window. Then they headed up the road... Not knowing how much I hate bike haters....

I found their car parked outside of the tavern where I suspected that they might be headed. I looked thru the window, and they were all sitting at the bar with their backs to the window and parking lot, and swilling on their beers.
    I figured these drunken idiots should not be driving.
    It was starting to rain, and that meant that visibility would be poor for any drunken drivers whose eyes were trying to focus on the raindrops on the windshield (a known phenomenon).
    I knew that I had to take action, for the safety of all concerned.
    I had a pocket knife.
    When the tav closed, I would have loved to have been there to see the expression on their faces, but I was probably already home sleeping. There was a tire dealer just on the other side of the parking lot, so I'm sure they could replace all four of those flats!

So bike haters of any kind will be better off if they stay out of my face.

MaverickMotoMedia.com
    After hanging out here for the past year, I'm of the mind that I don't like fatbikers either.
    Maverick Moto Media Motorcycles, Mountain Biking & Social Media Mgt
    Facebook Twitter Instagram

Nemophilist
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigantic View Post
    After hanging out here for the past year, I'm of the mind that I don't like fatbikers either.
    Be thy the pot or the kettle, there's no place like home.

Anyone with such attitudes about relative rights-of-usage will be told to fork off. Simple. Never heard any of it. Not to my face.
    Most people ply the Well Trodden Path. A few seek a different way, and leave a Trail behind.
    - John Hajny, a.k.a. TrailMaker

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    On a good note, a buddy of mine always gets roosted and receives negativity from snowmobilers. He is now on a 907 fatty, and his first time out with it, the snowmobilers stopped to chat about his cool fatbike.

mighty sailin' man
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigantic View Post
    I'm crushed

Sometimes you meet people who hate the very idea of skiing and would love to give you a piece of their mind about it. People who have no sense of decency and berates a stranger for their mode of transportation. This is particularly a phenomenon if you ski in the winter and travel in the habitat of the fat bikers, who are under the illusion that they are the sole proprietor of all things winter.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidarnott
    wheelies, beyond being the best way over any sort of obstacle, both above or below, are are the steedliest expresstion of joy

Fat & Single
    Snobbery...
    Quote Originally Posted by pursuiter View Post
    I was riding my 29er on the road and some roadies going the other way didn't wave
    Jealousy...
    Quote Originally Posted by pursuiter View Post
    I was riding my fat bike on the trail and some 26ers didn't say hi
    Ti O'Beast
    Indy Fab
    One9
    Dirty Disco CX

will rant for food
    Jan 2010
    Hey: let's remove fat bikes from the conversation here.

CHANGE

A good portion of people dislike change. A portion of that portion are very vocal. A portion of the portion of the original portion cannot recognize that a change is inevitable and subsequently deal with it in their heads.

These folks will latch onto one particular noun as the CAUSE of the CHANGE and therefore it is the ENEMY. US vs THEM. Remember how the majority of us have the debating skills of a rhesus monkey once we get a little shot of adrenaline flowing.

I've been chewed out for doing volunteer trail maintenance, on the notion that it provides a path through the woods for kids to go hide and do ILLICIT DRUGS (someone came unglued on me, little did she know I was raised by people like her and was not impressed or scared). I gave a spiel, city wanted more through traffic to discourage drug users in the woods at a family park, another opportunity for families to do fitness things together in a safe place, etc etc.

It doesn't matter how cordial you are sometimes. Doesn't matter your reasoning, however sound it may be. You should still try to reach out - but someone is eventually going to be an ass to you for petty reasons.

Don't let that stop you from trying to be cordial.

Also use the following thought as something to ease your mind: people who hate you are the distressed party in your little micro relationship with them. They are spending negative energy on you. Meanwhile, you are just riding your bike. It has taken me a long time to find fundamental reasons why I should be nice when a good portion of society motivates me to be nasty. That is one reliable reason: that some jerk is flailing, suffering on my account, simply by my existence?

Yes, that will do. A fine form of revenge.
    Latitude: 44.93 N

mtbr member
    Some people always have to hate something - it gives them something to focus on.

mtbr member
    I don`t like fatbikers who pick faults with fatbikers grammer

Here in the UK we have a cycling forum for fatbike haterz. It is called STW
    plan it...build it....ride it...love it....
    http://coastkid.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    Jun 2011

Re: People who don't like fat bikers

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy-jeff View Post
    don`t not doesn`t
    Quote Originally Posted by Innota View Post
    And here we have someone who doesn't like poor grammar.
    And that uses ` (backtick) instead of the proper ' (apostrophe).....

--
    Stephen

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Jan 2004
    Suck
    The
    Weenie?
    "We LOVE cows! They make trails for us.....

And then we eat them."

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    There`s people who hate fatbikes ?

mtbr member

People who don't like fat bikers

Everyone I've come across on the trails have been very interested in my FB and many would love to get one. It helps to always be friendly and yield the right of way if appropriate.

I've dealt with hikers, joggers, snowmobiles, dog walkers and skiers with no issues at all.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011

Fat Bike Haters...nah...Some people just hate life.

As a truck driver, stories could be told about autos, bicycles, and people on foot. And yes, about fellow drivers.

One of the unbelievable was told to me the other day from a fellow driver, he had been in a downtown section of Eugene Or. delivering rock with a set of doubles. As the site was quite muddy, water was sprayed on the tires upon exit to reduce the tracking of mud onto the street; the truck speed was quite slow.

People would step over the connecting reach while the truck was moving...slip and fall...?
    Just like Fat Bikes...the posters on here can go anywhere...and do.

mtbr member
    If I hate myself, and am a fatbiker, does it then follow that I hate fatbikers?

mtbr member
    It is strange that people have do much hate. My riding bud almost went toe to toe with someone who was making fun of his truck because it was a Toyota and anti American (which was made in Tennessee). He was driving a Dodge (made it Mexico). Why the hate? Love everybody!!!

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk
    My bike is heavier than yours - it does not have Carbon or Titanium parts - I love it!

mtbr member
    My fat bike hates fat bikers!

Monkey
    Name:  haters-gonna-hate-bike.jpg
Views: 1187
Size:  63.4 KB

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast