mtbr member
    Jan 2004

On One vs 9 zero 7 Frame

I am trying to decide between buying the bundle deal at On One or buy the frame on Sale at 9zero7. The deal at On One seems like a good way to get started. But I am curious how the frames compare from a ride quality standpoint.

Thanks

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Haystack Calhoun View Post
    I am trying to decide between buying the bundle deal at On One or buy the frame on Sale at 9zero7. The deal at On One seems like a good way to get started. But I am curious how the frames compare from a ride quality standpoint.

Thanks
    Not sure what your question is. They are hardtails, not FS bikes with DW links or FSRs, they both ride like rocks (I have the On-One). It's fun on the trail, I do jumps, some drops, etc. It seems like a fat-bike version of a "jump-bike" due to the radically sloping twin top-tubes, but that's not really the intent of the bike obviously, just something that makes it look cool. The 907 is lighter I'm pretty sure.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

Re: On One vs 9 zero 7 Frame

The swooping top tube on the 907's aren't to make it look cool. Its for good standover which is needed when you dismount on thick snow.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Myself and a friend ride 907's and another friend rides the on one. We ride just about everything the UK has to offer from trail centres to mud, snow heather, whatever. I find that my heals rub on the frame of the on one when I'm pedalling which is really annoying. The on one feels a bit heavier too but that could be component choice. I also felt that the on one is under geared for big climbs as standard, though with money and a little effort that could be changed.
    I personally would go with the 907 but I have had a few fatbikes and have built mine just how I like it. I would also give the singular puffin a look as they build good bikes and have a good frame and forks offer on at the moment.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    There is also a bit of a price difference here between the two. Either the cheaper on-one or a bit more custom 9:zero:7.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I really do enjoy the added stand over clearance of my 9 in thick snow.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying_Scotsman View Post
    There is also a bit of a price difference here between the two. Either the cheaper on-one or a bit more custom 9:zero:7.
    Frame vs Frame the 907 is cheaper as it's on special ATM $349