Page 35 of 59 FirstFirst ... 25 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 45 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jan 2013

On-One Fatty

Quote Originally Posted by Velobike View Post
    Only internal hub that fits a 170mm OLD frame is the 3 speed Sturmey-Archer.
    I would think that 3 is just not enough, unless your on the beach..

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I've been keeping an eye on this thread for some time. Can I make an order for a complete yet? I know the Titus website says 'expected soon'.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TikiInn View Post
    We were thinking of getting 8-10 of the fattys for rentals....but we want internal hubs...any problems with the hydraulic brakes getting sluggish in the cold? and no racks? Is there a specific reason in design for not having rack mounts?
    There are no rack mounts because this is designed primarily as a "trail" bike - not for off-road adventuring. You will also find that lots of folk are now using frame bags and large saddle bags. If you still need a frame then it's likely you'd be able to fit one using P-Clips and a seatpost-clamp made to take rack mounts (various are available).

As regards the Internal Hub, with a 170mm rear end then, as above, only the 3-speed SA is available.

Why not consider the Pugsley or 9:zero:7 instead? Both will take an Alfine or Rohloff and a rack.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by druidh View Post
    There are no rack mounts because this is designed primarily as a "trail" bike - not for off-road adventuring. You will also find that lots of folk are now using frame bags and large saddle bags. If you still need a frame then it's likely you'd be able to fit one using P-Clips and a seatpost-clamp made to take rack mounts (various are available).

As regards the Internal Hub, with a 170mm rear end then, as above, only the 3-speed SA is available.

Why not consider the Pugsley or 9:zero:7 instead? Both will take an Alfine or Rohloff and a rack.
    I was hoping for EU manufacturer. Import duties to an already expensive bike x10..$$$$$$ plus follow up...parts...2 week transport.... was hoping for a long term relationship. the same as some bike shops do in the states. Rent...sell..buy again...upgrades. its a great way to start a micro business. establish a loyal customer base..

I should start a new thread.. seems like the On-One option is over..

Can do our own with a xacd frame non Ti

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I was hoping for EU manufacturer. Import duties to an already expensive bike x10..$$$$$$ plus follow up...parts...2 week transport.... was hoping for a long term relationship. the same as some bike shops do in the states. Rent...sell..buy again...upgrades. its a great way to start a micro business. establish a loyal customer base..

I should start a new thread.. seems like the On-One option is over..

Can do our own with a xacd frame non Ti
    Why do you want to use and internal hub? Classic gear are much simpler to find in aftermarket and much simpler to repair (I've an Alfine too and I love it).
    However, an internal hub in EU is very expensive, rolhoff is about 1k and alfine about 400, not very cheap to start a business.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bricke View Post
    Why do you want to use and internal hub? Classic gear are much simpler to find in aftermarket and much simpler to repair (I've an Alfine too and I love it).
    However, an internal hub in EU is very expensive, rolhoff is about 1k and alfine about 400, not very cheap to start a business.
    A higher investment but way less maintainance.......simpler to repair?? ........ never felt the need to "repair" my Rohloff in 6 years, still running like new

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by groovyrider View Post
    A higher investment but way less maintainance.......simpler to repair?? ........ never felt the need to "repair" my Rohloff in 6 years, still running like new
    I know (I've an alfine) but if you break a rolhoff/alfine it's a problem to repair it, and you don't know how a rental bike is used or by who.

For me the simpler & cheaper way to start a rental service is with this on-one bike. All the other options are a lot more expensive and if you want an internal gearing hub the cost is even more here in EU.

Fat!Drunk!Slow!
    Not sure if asked already but will framesets be for sale and if so when? Thx.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    You can get a 8spd for under 300. But it's maintainance. I've done a lot of reading, and the question comes to mind. "Why would you not have a internal hub on a fat bike" you can go on the trails in god awful conditions. Better floatation...fat tires...roll over everything. Ok. That means more crap in the gears. If you ride in perfect conditions on sunny days, then why get a fat bike? Looks....a few more winks from the Starbucks girls?

And oh. Just thinking about the price of a Rohloff makes my stomach twist

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    My bike is just arrived and I've tried to put the Salsa Mukluk frame bag (from Revelate Design).

It's just fit, some straps isn't in the perfect position but with some hack it could be perfect.

http://db.tt/F8gdZLRD

The framesize is medium and the bag size is medium
    Last edited by bricke; 01-02-2013 at 11:33 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by bricke View Post
    My bike is just arrived and I've tried to put the Salsa Mukluk frame bag (from Revelate Design).

It's just fit, some straps isn't in the perfect position but with some hack it could be perfect.

The framesize is medium and the bag size is medium
    Nice

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Edit; Sorry, I meant to reply to:

You can get a 8spd for under 300. But it's maintainance. I've done a lot of reading, and the question comes to mind. "Why would you not have a internal hub on a fat bike" you can go on the trails in god awful conditions. Better floatation...fat tires...roll over everything. Ok. That means more crap in the gears. If you ride in perfect conditions on sunny days, then why get a fat bike? Looks....a few more winks from the Starbucks girls?

And oh. Just thinking about the price of a Rohloff makes my stomach twist

You might want to check with someone who already does rentals. The ones I've seen around here are out of date and up for sale long before the conventional drivetrain is worn out. I guess it depends on who you're renting them to, and where they use them, but most renters are not avid riders, so don't put very many miles on stuff. I would think the fat bike rentals see even fewer miles than others, and if not, tires are going to break you.

mtbr member
    I received mine yesterday from the UK (I'm in Australia). It took about 3 weeks to ships. Luckily I paid no Australian taxes, which surprised me, and as the customs documents had the cost listed as 1350 Euros instead of the US$1350 I'd paid I'm quite relieved.

I had thought that as a UK company the brakes would be right front, but they were instead US style with the front on the left. The rear was easy enough to change, but the front only just fit once I re-routed the cable a bit and bypassed the top cable mount.

The packaging was pretty poor and there were a few nicks in the paint work. The chain keepers needs to be adjusted slightly to not rub in the smallest gear. Like the bike I'm fat and slow so I plan to put a small ring and derailleur on the front.

I've only had time to for a quick ride to see that everything works, but I'm looking forward getting it onto the trails.

Tim

mtbr member
    On One Fat Bike Frame-imageuploadedbytapatalk1357242641.516608.jpg
    Got in plenty of desert riding on new years day. Some light snow, sandy washes, and super chunk rock. Only one pinch flat on the ride. I kept dropping pressures in the rough stuff and went too low up front.

Keep posting up pics of your rides please!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ljracer View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357242641.516608.jpg 
Views:	3073 
Size:	192.5 KB 
ID:	750283
    Got in plenty of desert riding on new years day. Some light snow, sandy washes, and super chunk rock. Only one pinch flat on the ride. I kept dropping pressures in the rough stuff and went too low up front.

Keep posting up pics of your rides please!
    Do they now come with drilled rims, their HP say, non-drilled. I like the orange rimstrip looking through.

Nice bike, I can not wait until February for mine.
    ad vineas

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Here's mine... changed the saddle, stem, grips and tubes, .. 34 lbs with pedals (size L)...

nothing to see here
    Quote Originally Posted by singularidad View Post
    Do they now come with drilled rims, their HP say, non-drilled. I like the orange rimstrip looking through.

Nice bike, I can not wait until February for mine.
    ljracer drilled his own I think.
    I see hills.

I want to climb them.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevob View Post
    ljracer drilled his own I think.
    Yup . Pretty easy job. Just watch the video Shaggy John posted.

On One Fat Bike Frame-imageuploadedbytapatalk1357260421.840139.jpg
    On One Fat Bike Frame-imageuploadedbytapatalk1357260443.155857.jpg

nothing to see here
    Same size holes as Shaggy's?
    I see hills.

I want to climb them.

Fat!Drunk!Slow!
    Quote Originally Posted by JordyB View Post
    Not sure if asked already but will framesets be for sale and if so when? Thx.
    Anyone? Thanks!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevob View Post
    Same size holes as Shaggy's?
    Yup. 1.25 inches. Any bigger seems risky. I'll let others experiment.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JordyB View Post
    Anyone? Thanks!
    Brant from OnOne had posted before that they would be at some point. However now they are available for $999 pounds and come with a bunch of parts.

mtbr member
    Am I the only one who didn't get the chain keeper? What gives?

mtbr member

drilled on-one rim

Quote Originally Posted by ljracer View Post
    Yup . Pretty easy job. Just watch the video Shaggy John posted.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357260421.840139.jpg 
Views:	1413 
Size:	110.7 KB 
ID:	750335

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357260443.155857.jpg 
Views:	938 
Size:	116.7 KB 
ID:	750336
    Thank you very much,

I will do that

Best,

Martin
    ad vineas

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by col200 View Post
    Am I the only one who didn't get the chain keeper? What gives?
    It seems odd. Just contact them directly. I'm sure they will take care of you.

Page 35 of 59 FirstFirst ... 25 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 45 ... LastLast