Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,600 of 1797
    mtbr member
    [QUOTE=Jayem;11640611]It's back from the dead:
    Attachment 947049

Nice, like the white tape, peddles etc, you want my white on one saddle?
    2016 Trek Farley 9.6
    2015 616 Muenzie
    2013 On One Fatty
    2011 Trek Sawyer

Elitest thrill junkie
    [QUOTE=Tunalic;11640756]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    It's back from the dead:
    Attachment 947049

Nice, like the white tape, peddles etc, you want my white on one saddle?
    It's reflective tape, shows up well under flash (or light at night).

Probably not, the saddle would look cool, but I was keeping this cheap with inexpensive stuff, my current on-one saddle is barely used, maybe 3 times before.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Im just gonna leave these here.

Discussions are still on going regarding warranty.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails On One Fat Bike Frame-20141228_123952.jpg  

On One Fat Bike Frame-20141228_123906.jpg  

On One Fat Bike Frame-20141228_123820.jpg  

KARMA will get YOU & YOU know who you are.

mtbr member
    Warranty has been approved. New frame is on the way.

Elitest thrill junkie
    I did something like that to a turner frame, it was my fault for using a seatpost that was too long (frame too small). Even though I had significantly more than the "min insert", it doesn't matter when you apply too long of a lever arm. Still, they handled it awesome.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pharcyde View Post
    Im just gonna leave these here.

Discussions are still on going regarding warranty.
    Just a random comment, I've only seen 3 cracked frames in person in 30+ years of riding & racing bikes, 2 of those 3 were On-Ones.......the other a Trek.....

Given how relatively rare On Ones are compared to other brands this strikes me as odd/worrisome.....I am glad they seem to have taken care of you with the warranty.

Enjoy the trails

mtbr member
    Just joined the club, took delivery of my frame 12/30. Two solid rides in, one on 29+ tires and singletrack, the other on fatty wheels in the snow. This is my new favorite bike. On One Fat Bike Frame-img-20141231-00510.jpgOn One Fat Bike Frame-img-20150106-00531.jpg
    On heavy rotation: Stooge 27.5+ SS, On-One Fatty, On-One 456 EVO, Surly Cross-Check, Scott CR1 (SS road)

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Sweet ride. How do you like the 29+ on the Fatty? Similarities/ differences/ likes and not compared to the 26 Fat wheels? Are they 29+ from ON One? Thanks.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MTBLoCo29 View Post
    Just joined the club, took delivery of my frame 12/30. Two solid rides in, one on 29+ tires and singletrack, the other on fatty wheels in the snow. This is my new favorite bike. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20141231-00510.jpg 
Views:	1546 
Size:	451.7 KB 
ID:	953809Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20150106-00531.jpg 
Views:	461 
Size:	223.7 KB 
ID:	953811
    Bike weight in the two configurations?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by builder View Post
    Sweet ride. How do you like the 29+ on the Fatty? Similarities/ differences/ likes and not compared to the 26 Fat wheels? Are they 29+ from ON One? Thanks.
    Thanks, I love it. Not sure if it was just new-bike enthusiasm, but I was cleaning technical climbs and rock gardens better than with any other bike I've ridden on that trail. Part of it is the tires, part due to the geometry. My old fatbike was not as trail oriented. The only ride on the fat tires was in the snow, I'll report back once I get them on some single track. Both wheelsets were from my previous bike (came with a set of 29er wheels). The stock 29er rims were XC width, so I relaced some Velocity Blunt 35s. I did have to modify the caliper mount up front, as the forks are rear disc spaced and my wheels were standard front spacing. Another word of caution, these tires have about 3-4mm of clearance at the chainstay bridge. Not sure if a wider rim like a Rabbit Hole or Dually would spread the tire a bit more and give a slightly lower profile.

On One Fat Bike Frame-img-20141230-00509.jpg
    On heavy rotation: Stooge 27.5+ SS, On-One Fatty, On-One 456 EVO, Surly Cross-Check, Scott CR1 (SS road)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MMcG View Post
    Bike weight in the two configurations?
    I haven't weighed it with the fatties yet, but with the 29+ it came to 28lb, 10oz according to the gods at Park Tools.

mtbr member
    If the On One can fit 29+ wheels, it's moving way up my list. What tires do you have on there?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by seat_boy View Post
    If the On One can fit 29+ wheels, it's moving way up my list. What tires do you have on there?
    Don't let the lame description fool you, these are good tires. I only have a few rides in so I can't speak to durability, but hard to beat the price.. More reports after I have some more mileage in. Amazon.com : Innova 29 x 3.0 Fat Bike Tire With Tube! Gravity Vidar Black 29 Inch Package : Sports & Outdoors

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Whoa, wait. The Fatty can take 29+ wheels? Are you sure? No way in the world mine will. My 29x3.0 Knards on Rabbit Hole rims had to be completely deflated so they could squeeze around the chainstay bridge. Maybe a regular 29er tire, but no-go on the 29+ for my medium frame.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by deuxdiesel View Post
    Whoa, wait. The Fatty can take 29+ wheels? Are you sure? No way in the world mine will. My 29x3.0 Knards on Rabbit Hole rims had to be completely deflated so they could squeeze around the chainstay bridge. Maybe a regular 29er tire, but no-go on the 29+ for my medium frame.
    I'm running a Gravity Vidar 29x3 on a Velocity Blunt 35 on my med. frame.Plenty of clearance everywhere but the chainstay bridge. I have about 3-4mm there, the new tire nubs graze the frame. No rubbing from the actual knobs as far as I can tell. I may zip tie a little beer can guard down there, as I can see mud building up there. Running something like an Ardent 2.4 would be no problem, I'm sure.

On One Fat Bike Frame-img-20141230-00509.jpg

mtbr member
    MTBLoCo29, awesome info! Could you test any other 3" tires?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bvfromru View Post
    MTBLoCo29, awesome info! Could you test any other 3" tires?
    Unfortunately I don't have the disposable income to be trying a lot of different tires. I like these a lot so far, so I probably won't be replacing any time soon. I'll post up here if I try anything else. On my old frame, I ran the same Velocity wheels with Rampage 2.35s. They offered a ton of traction/cushion as well. I haven't tried them on the Fatty, but I'm sure they would have much better clearance then the 3".On One Fat Bike Frame-img-20141116-00328.jpg

mtbr member
    Yep, we need a billionaire enthusiast of 29+ with Fatty here.
    Thanks! I want to try true 29+ on Fatty too, but it's quite expensive for me now and I'm afraid to buy other tires and have no clearance at all. Maybe will try some day though.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bvfromru View Post
    Yep, we need a billionaire enthusiast of 29+ with Fatty here.
    Thanks! I want to try true 29+ on Fatty too, but it's quite expensive for me now and I'm afraid to buy other tires and have no clearance at all. Maybe will try some day though.
    There is more than enough room for the front, and only that one spot in the back is close, plenty of room everywhere else. I would say definitely get a 29er wheelset for it, but only buy one 3" tire to start. I know it will fit up front. Test fit that tire in the rear. If it does not fit, leave it on the front and get a 2.4-2.5 tire for the back.

mtbr member
    I thought about it, but delivery cost is expensive here, so I'll better buy two at once. Nevermind, thanks again!

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Sorry if this is covered already.
    Can I fit a 4.8" tire on the on one fatty? Perhaps with a 1X10.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RamP View Post
    on one fatty with BIG FAT LARRY'S

I'm waiting on some Jumbo Jims.
    2016 Trek Farley 9.6
    2015 616 Muenzie
    2013 On One Fatty
    2011 Trek Sawyer

Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    I don't think so. Yesnomaybe depending on tire and rim choice, but doubtful.

Running a Bud up front, tried it in back on a Marge Lite just to see, and it was fuggedaboudit.

Something between the stock Floater size and the Bud would likely work, but meh, whatever.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Off the back...
    I don't think so. I roll 1x10 with a Dillinger 4 on 90mm LB rims, and I would rub the chain if the tire were much bigger. A 4.8 would likely rub the chainstays or bridge as well.
    @pinkrobeyyc
    #pinkrobeyyc

mtbr member
    After 2 years and 2 months...

by Optiflow, on Flickr

by Optiflow, on Flickr
    I'm not pleased.

mtbr member
    This is concerning to me with regards to my Fatty frame. Please update with what comes of contact with On One and warranty process...I'm hoping it all goes smoothly for you and handled well
    Quote Originally Posted by Optiflow View Post
    After 2 years and 2 months...

by Optiflow, on Flickr

by Optiflow, on Flickr
    I'm not pleased.
    -VeloRyan-

mtbr member
    Unfortunately its a fact of life with the series 1 frame design. Mine cracked in the same spot and was replaced under warranty with a series 2 frame. The seat mast is double butted and significantly thicker in the area of the seat stay braces on the series 2 design.

This is the repaired series 1 frame with extra bracing added behind the seat mast
    On One Fat Bike Frame-20150521_092150.jpg

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Nice. I've never even seen a "series 2" frame before.
    Is that a custom colour ?

Fat Biker

mtbr member
    No the Black is just the old repaired frame, powder coated.

Series 2 frames look identical apart from a noticeably thicker seat tube from the double butting.

mtbr member
    No the Black is just the old repaired frame, powder coated.

Series 2 frames look identical apart from a noticeably thicker seat tube from the double butting.
    Have to take a look at mine. Got it recently, and it has the post mount for the rear brake vs. tabs, so I'm hoping it's the series 2.

mtbr member
    After 2 years and 2 months... I'm not pleased.
    Optiflow, how many miles had your Fatty covered before this happened?

Thanks

Tim

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wombat View Post
    Optiflow, how many miles had your Fatty covered before this happened?

Thanks

Tim
    I tried to calculate the km's... Roughly 4000km (2485miles) trails and similar at all seasons. BUT I use the Fatty as allaround and commuting bike so countless number of short rides has to be added to that 4000km. For total number of km/miles, I can't answer.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    i had the same thing frame was replaced had it 18 months frame has 2 year warrantyOn One Fat Bike Frame-uploadfromtaptalk1432904284646.jpgOn One Fat Bike Frame-uploadfromtaptalk1432904300754.jpg

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Ppl please help
    will 4.9 chaoyang big dady fit on 80mm rim and 1x11 setup for everyday use?

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Not familiar with the tyre and it's actual width (not the magic they print on the sidewall) but I would say no .
    It's gonna be too wide to fit between the stays IMO .
    I could be wrong though

Fat Biker

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by cka3o4nuk View Post
    Ppl please help
    will 4.9 chaoyang big dady fit on 80mm rim and 1x11 setup for everyday use?
    Go 10 posts back. Someone asked about a 4.8. The answer was no.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    what is the biggest tyre you can fit in the on one fatty comfortably

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    These cracks are concerning. I was pretty much set on this frame but now I'm not so sure.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by stesteste View Post
    what is the biggest tyre you can fit in the on one fatty comfortably
    How comfy was the BFLs? I got some 4.8 Jumbo Jims coming...whenever they get here...been ordered over 6 mths now.
    2016 Trek Farley 9.6
    2015 616 Muenzie
    2013 On One Fatty
    2011 Trek Sawyer

mtbr member
    hey all. New to Fat Bikes and considering getting the On-One Pink Fatty as it is slightly lower spec and I can remove all the pink bar the stem in the custom build options. Has anyone purchased this model themselves and if so what do they think? I was considering getting the frame/fork/wheels build kit but when I added up cranks/BB etc. I think the complete bike was coming out as a better deal! I'm also keen to get the rims drilled but would be worried about stuffing it up. Pretty straightforward job? Also anyone running a "Frankenfat" type build? They no longer seem to sell this bike but you can build it up. I'm hooked and obsessed...I feel a purchase coming on soon.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Here's my question I guess.

I pretty much had my heart set on the fatty until seeing these frame breakages. On one is telling me they haven't had cracking issues with their fatty frames...

So are these cracking frames reason to not get a fatty?

I went from "if I could have any fat bike, it'd be a fatty" to "I don't know about that".

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Anyone with some input on this? I have money burning a hole in my pocket and I'm ready to upgrade my bike, just not sure if the cracking issue on the Fatty is reason enough to look elsewhere.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    I have one of the original Fattys, I was weighing in at 350lb when I first got it, I even bent a saddle after slipping off the pedals going down a rock garden (ouch, I have much grippier pedals now) and my frame is still going strong. I did strip the paint off and repaint (just for a change of colour) and there was no visible signs of damage. One thing I did right at the beginning was making sure the seatpost was inserted below the bracings on the frame, a 400mm post was fine. I don't know if some Fattys came with shorter posts.
    That is just my experience.

mtbr member
    I got the new Fatty frame today. It's V.2 frame so it is a little different than older V.1 frame. I hope it's stronger. It looks like that the seat tube is made at thicker tube than the old one is.
    Last edited by Optiflow; 06-12-2015 at 12:52 PM.

Trail Rat
    This cracking issue wouldn't put me off the frame, but the weight would!!

Get yourself a Carbon fat bike frame and never look back!
    Carbon Fat Bike Rider

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Not into carbon.

When I heard back from On One I was told "there are no cracking issues with these frames". Not sure if he was talking about V1 or V2.

mtbr member
    The old frame vs. the new frame

by Optiflow, on Flickr

by Optiflow, on Flickr

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    I once owned a British made car. The tow truck driver put more miles on it than I did.

mtbr member
    The old frame vs. the new frame

by Optiflow, on Flickr

by Optiflow, on Flickr
    THIS POST SHOULD ANSWER ALL THE CONCERNS ABOUT THE FRAME.

The V2/Series 2 frame has been significantly beefed up in ALL the effected areas. The geo is exactly the same and the new frame design is MUCH cleaner. Do yourself a favor a get on a Fatty, you wont be sorry!

FYI My black Fatty is for sale in Australia ONLY. PM me for details.

mtbr member
    THIS POST SHOULD ANSWER ALL THE CONCERNS ABOUT THE FRAME.

The V2/Series 2 frame has been significantly beefed up in ALL the effected areas. The geo is exactly the same and the new frame design is MUCH cleaner. Do yourself a favor a get on a Fatty, you wont be sorry!

FYI My black Fatty is for sale in Australia ONLY. PM me for details.
    Thanks for the clarification. Looks like I have the V2. I'm going to continue to beat the crap out of it with a smile on my face.

On One Fat Bike Frame-img-20150614-00863.jpg