Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

On One Fat Bike Frame

438K views 2K replies 291 participants last post by  qclabrat 
#1 ·

Attachments

See less See more
#1,106 ·
Cheers Katz, I usually post them here in the Fatbike film thread.

The planet-x/on-one US site has their fattys available to purchase but "in stock soon", my thinking was if enough people pre purchase before they become available then they wont become available at all :D

I have no idea the numbers they are getting in but ive learned that well priced FATBIKE things don't hang around too long.

#1,118 ·
Drilled

Bicycle tire Automotive tire Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle part Rim
Bicycle tire Tire Automotive tire Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle part
Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle part Bicycle tire Spoke Bicycle drivetrain part
Grass Musical instrument accessory Electric blue Lawn Electronic instrument

Saved just a hair over a pound on the rear wheel by changing tubes and and operating on her.. been reading this whole rotational mass savings issue is a bit overrated, but hey at least the front and rear matches now :) and I'll be able to accelerate like 2% faster now! That's all that count right?

No Jig, no pilot holes, just centre punched and drilled, stood on the rim on the lawn. Aluminium is so soft I never had the drill slip. Bit of a mission de-burring, but the Dremel did the job. Did nick a spoke so all I can say is take it slow! Took quite a while to get it all done. More like 3hrs. Either way thanks for putting the vid up John: Drilling fat bike rims in built wheels - YouTube

Next up will be going 2x10 on the front. Manage to get hold of a crank set, so just need a front mech and shifters. Anybody here got some advice as to what mech to use? What is the frame diameter? Saw a post some time ago suggesting you need a problem solver (which one?)

Cheers

#1,121 ·
fyford; said:
Next up will be going 2x10 on the front. Manage to get hold of a crank set, so just need a front mech and shifters. Anybody here got some advice as to what mech to use? What is the frame diameter? Saw a post some time ago suggesting you need a problem solver (which one?)
Cheers
I used the problem solver direct mount for a fat bike and a cheap slx direct mount that jenson had on sale at the time. You need a bb spacer to replace the stock chain guide.

But in hindsight I can't see why a bb mounted derailleur wouldn't do the same thing for less.

Tim

#1,132 · (Edited)
I take it you used this one:
FS1322 Direct Mount Adapter 34.9/31.8/28.6mm High Direct Mount 100mm
fyford

Yes, that's the one I used. It was simple and straight forward.

You may have used direct mount derailleurs before but I hadn't, and made the mistake of cutting the outer housing to terminate in the last frame mount when I should've by-passed this completely and terminated it at the derailleur itself.

Tim

Tim

#1,130 ·
Anyone else having trouble with the standard On-One tires not seating correctly? I must have taken them off and put them back on a handful of times but they keep having at least one spot where they are not correctly seated, leading to pretty brutal tire wobble/bobbing. I tried using lots of soapy water and pumping way up to 25 PSI and that seemed to work, but at soon as I lowered to 10 PSI the issue came back.

#1,136 ·
Does anyone who owns a Fatty have a North Shore Rack?? I'm curious if the On One fork will work with this rack. I just tried a Steel Fatback fork and it will not, the On One is a VERY similar design.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.