mtbr member

Offset wheel on rear of Salsa Mukluk---Pics?

Sorry if this has been covered already.. Has anybody used the offset adapter on a Muk?Pics and thoughts appreciated.

mtbr member

mtbr member
    I'd be yawning to if my Fatback weighed 38 pounds!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by NOBBY605 View Post
    I'd be yawning to if my Fatback weighed 38 pounds!
    I can't make it lighter, because if I did what excuse would I have when I can't keep up with you? Besides not having a 15 lb road bike

Why do you want a pic of the muk adaptor anyway...to try and use the clownshoes on the fatback?

mtbr member
    Drilled Darryl's...American Classic hubs.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Drilled Darryl's...American Classic hubs.
    Interesting 165mm hub

In the middle of the above thread is a picture of some WTB hubs I modded to make them fit a 165 rear end. I have since done it with a carbon tube that fits over the entire hub barrel from flange to flange. I think the American classic hubs are similar to the WTB's so would be very east to mod. It adds about 40 to 50 grams to the weight of the hub. I have many miles on these hubs with no failures. Dont ask about the bottom bracket I tried to widen though.
    Latitude 61

mtbr member
    Very nice! I was hoping that Fatback would make a 135 rear adapter..like for a IGH, but getting info on this is like squeezing water from a rock. I am alittle afraid of cutting a new set of AC hubs.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Hey, that's my bike...I ran the adapter for 6 or so months through the summer and into the fall, until we had 170 hubs to test and ride. It performed flawless and I still have it tucked away in a box somewhere.

I don't see saving any weight using the adapter and a 135. The weight of the part and bolts will offsetmthe hub weight. Ease of rear wheel removal also diminishes with the 135 spacing.

I would run this if I already had a rear offset wheel. That was the intent of building it anyway.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Very nice! I was hoping that Fatback would make a 135 rear adapter..like for a IGH, but getting info on this is like squeezing water from a rock. I am alittle afraid of cutting a new set of AC hubs.
    You can pick up a WTB Laserlite on EBay for pretty cheap sometimes. Also Rotaz is similar, axles and hubshell but the cassette teeth don't wear as well as the WTB or I expect the ACs.
    Latitude 61

Nuts
    Quote Originally Posted by sryanak View Post
    Dont ask about the bottom bracket I tried to widen though.
    Yeah I really don't want to have that brought up again either.
    And I love beer!!