mtbr member
    Jun 2013

nextie tri spoke 90mm

ordered mine today.. haven't been here for awhile.. did a search and nothing came up.. was wondering if anyone has these rims.. it will go on fatboy with bluto..

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Well, let us know how they ride!
    I've been running Wild Dragon II, can't say I've noticed a huge handling difference, but they are cool as hell.
    I've also got Spin 3-blade 26's on an old Trek- the blades don't like big crosswinds.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    ^^^ hopefully should get it by end of the month.. crosswinds, didn't thought about that.. this will be used mostly on trails and occasional sand and road.. unless we get snow here in san diego anytime soon..

mtbr member
    I thought 'bout those but we always have lots of branches on the trail. Tires often kicking them up and they can get hung up on the bike in various ways. One just about ripped my RD cable off the bike. Another one somehow got jammed between the crank, frame and the ground at speed kicked the bike sideways. Of course i just about ride over any trail obstacles w the fatty.

Anyways, thought the trispoke might be asking for it where i ride.

They do look pretty cool! Enjoy!

All fat, all the time.
    Check this thread:
    New 2017 Salsa Bucksaw!

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    shipped today from china.. says i get it monday.. used fedex and paid extra $170 for shipping.. and now the real wait starts..

All fat, all the time.
    Good luck!
    I've never paid extra for fast shipping, still turns out well.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    It's here..
    Last edited by av8or; 06-06-2017 at 07:09 PM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    so far...

pros
    - easy tubless setup on bud and lou
    - very light, compared to previous stock fatboy rims with bud and lou, tubless with fatty stripper
    - bling bling

cons
    - paid $170 for fedex shipping and box came damaged, one small scratch on one spoke due to wheels moving around the box
    - it's not perfect, but my shimano rear rotors would not fit on the stud.. had to grind the opening of rotor to make it fit.. no problem on the front..

would i recommend? taking it on the trails this weekend.. so far 14 miles on the road and you can feel they are lighter.. we'll see..
    Last edited by av8or; 05-24-2017 at 12:23 AM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Could you give any insight on the hub internals? Are they serviceable/replaceable? How many points of engagement?
    2003 Kona A
    2005 Kona A
    2012 Cannondale Hooligan
    2016 Salsa Deadwood

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by buell View Post
    Could you give any insight on the hub internals? Are they serviceable/replaceable? How many points of engagement?
    yes they are servicable.. they have 4 pawls , 2 each.. so 8 pawls total.. they use powerway hubs.. i believe this is what they use..

nextie tri spoke 90mm-font-b-powerway-b-font-r36-font-b-r39-b-font-replacement-cassette-body-free.jpg

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Those are some bad ass looking rims!!!! Now if they just made a 80mm version

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    loving it so far..
    Last edited by av8or; 06-06-2017 at 07:10 PM.

will rant for food
    Jan 2010
    Remember when bladed spoke carbon fat wheels were the subject of April Fools jokes?

And now they're real.

This tickles me pink ^_^
    Disclaimer: I run Regular Cycles (as of 2016). As a profiteer of the bicycle industry, I am not to be taken very seriously.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    took it on the trails yesterday and glad to report rims are holding out very well.. there's a distinct sound when things hit the rims.. even stuff like sand.. you get that hollow sound.. you can feel rotational weight is greatly reduced.. got looks from fellow mtbrs... i can sense some were thinking like "what the f#E%".. some made comments like " that is sick", i love them stares i got and i just smile and nod my head.. btw, we don't get a lot of fatbikes on the trails here, much less one rocking a tri spoke.. i feel like a unicorn.. best of all, rims and bike are freakin' easy to clean now..