Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 550 of 1660
  1. #501
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by couchman View Post
    Has anyone talked to Brian at Nextie recently? We exchanged a couple of emails, i got a quote on a built up set of wheels, and I told him lets go ahead, but it's been days and no reply.
    Brian was away on business. should be back on line now

  2. #502
    drev-il, not Dr. Evil!
    Reputation: Drevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    3,843
    Quote Originally Posted by aizu1 View Post
    I just rec'd an email on Friday from Maxwell at Nextie. So someone was working.
    I got a response to my inquiry, i.e., a request to change my order from center-drilled to offset-drilled. Brian acknowledged they could do it
    Quote Originally Posted by bme107 View Post
    If you hear any local rumblings of an order let me know at the Global ride.
    Come on out and you can ask people yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by aizu1 View Post
    I agree with Morten, offset should be a little better regarding some angles out of the rim.
    For 65s and Hope 135/177, I used 14mm nipples as recommended by Brian and 248mm DT spokes.

    My shipping time wasn't exactly benchmark since both Vienna and Klagenfurt had my phone number and they wouldn't even attempt to delivery before calling me first. Such BS. I had track them after I noticed they were sitting TNT for days.
    This will be the exact setup I'll be using, assuming you are 3x as well. So this length worked well?
    "Keep your burgers lean and your tires fat." -h.d. | ssoft | flickr

  3. #503
    since 4/10/2009
    Reputation: Harold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    19,172
    Got my Husker Du tires yesterday, so I decided to go ahead and install them on my wheels. That way, I can just bolt everything together on the bike when the frame arrives and go ride.

    Whew, these Nextie rims are definitely not UST, that's for sure. It took some work to get them seated and sealed.

    I used a tube to get the bead seated and the tires stretched a bit. Then I pulled the tube out and used a compressor to seat the bead (after removing the tube). The real work was getting the sealant in and sealing the bead so the tires would hold pressure. These things use a ton of sealant. I'm definitely going to be making a jug of homebrew sealant at the rate I'll be using it now that I've got 3 bikes in the house set up tubeless (one of them being a fattie).

    I had to put air in, do the "Stan's shake" so the sealant would get into the gaps leaking air, put more in, shake, more air, shake, etc. My shoulders are still a bit sore from all the shaking last night. And of course, sealant spattered all over the basement floor. I'm amazed that none of it wound up on me. Eventually, I managed to get them holding air, and they held overnight, so I'm pleased. Now I see what folks have been talking about, saying they put a bit of latex on the bead. Next time I install tires, I suppose I'll see about painting some sealant on the bead shelf and lip of the rim to see if that helps ease things along.

    Nextie-Bike carbon rims-nextie_hudu.jpg

  4. #504
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Steve Balogh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    753
    Quote Originally Posted by NateHawk View Post
    Got my Husker Du tires yesterday, so I decided to go ahead and install them on my wheels. That way, I can just bolt everything together on the bike when the frame arrives and go ride.

    Whew, these Nextie rims are definitely not UST, that's for sure. It took some work to get them seated and sealed.

    I used a tube to get the bead seated and the tires stretched a bit. Then I pulled the tube out and used a compressor to seat the bead (after removing the tube). The real work was getting the sealant in and sealing the bead so the tires would hold pressure. These things use a ton of sealant. I'm definitely going to be making a jug of homebrew sealant at the rate I'll be using it now that I've got 3 bikes in the house set up tubeless (one of them being a fattie).

    I had to put air in, do the "Stan's shake" so the sealant would get into the gaps leaking air, put more in, shake, more air, shake, etc. My shoulders are still a bit sore from all the shaking last night. And of course, sealant spattered all over the basement floor. I'm amazed that none of it wound up on me. Eventually, I managed to get them holding air, and they held overnight, so I'm pleased. Now I see what folks have been talking about, saying they put a bit of latex on the bead. Next time I install tires, I suppose I'll see about painting some sealant on the bead shelf and lip of the rim to see if that helps ease things along.
    My last set of Husker Du's came with a lot of warnings not to be used for tubeless applications. Doesn't surprise me, my first set has one tire that the bead expanded. When deflating both with tubes installed, the bad one will unseat off the rim while the good one stays tight. I had no problems setting up the Spec GC's with a proper air compressor. I see a lot of people doing OK with tubeless Hu Du's, and I could probably set up the other three I have OK, but the problem one no way.

  5. #505
    aka bOb
    Reputation: bdundee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    7,791
    I agree with Steve, I think has more to do with the HD's than the rims. I've seen the same thing on this end.

  6. #506
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    876

    Nextie-Bike carbon rims

    Interesting, I thought the popularity of these rims was the ease of tubeless.


    Pedaling

  7. #507
    since 4/10/2009
    Reputation: Harold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    19,172
    Quote Originally Posted by rjedoaks View Post
    Interesting, I thought the popularity of these rims was the ease of tubeless.


    Pedaling
    The RIMS were easy. Just a wrap of stans tape and they're good to go. Interesting to hear about the HuDu's being the culprit. They were my 2nd choice tires (I wanted the 120TPI FatBNimbles). I'll see how these go long term. Guess I ought to pick up a few tubes I can toss in there in case of trouble.

  8. #508
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    77
    On my Nextie 40 mm hookless 27.5 (non-fat bike) rims I had no major problems setting up tubeless. Unlike my favorite tubeless rim/tire system, WTB TCS, these did require putting a tube in and inflating it to seat the beads. Then I popped out one bead and removed the tube. Put the valve in and then the second bead back in. With my regular floor pump I was able to seat it easily. Pump to 40 psi then deflate. Remove valve core and injected 100 mL of Stans using a syringe and tube. Replace core and inflate to 40, do the shaky dance. The next day you reduce pressure as desired and ride. No sealant mess, and I'm pretty confident that I won't have to use a tube to seat the beads ever again--they are locked nice and tight. BTW these are tubeless ready Schwalbe Nobby Nics.

    I have never used an air compressor to inflate tubeless tires, and I don't think I'd trust any setup that didn't hold air without sealant. But things may be different for fat bike applications given the super low pressure the tire needs to hold.

  9. #509
    This place needs an enema
    Reputation: mikesee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    9,639
    Quote Originally Posted by NateHawk View Post
    Got my Husker Du tires yesterday, so I decided to go ahead and install them on my wheels. That way, I can just bolt everything together on the bike when the frame arrives and go ride.

    Whew, these Nextie rims are definitely not UST, that's for sure. It took some work to get them seated and sealed.
    If you aren't using UST tires, or even TLR tires (HD's are neither) then you (we) have to accept that there will be some hassle involved in getting them to seal.

    I think they're among the easiest rims out there to get the beads set on, even/only using a floor pump. The trick is simply to pull the tire beads 'up' out of the channel until they won't come up any higher, then spray a teeny bit of soapy water between the rim and tire. Works every time.

    From there, expect lots of shaking and leaning to get the sealant to fill every pinhole in the tire.

    I hope to never have to find out, but I think I could probably air these up trailside with a mini pump.

  10. #510
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    246
    I use about 50 ml i each wheel With the hudus,and is has been flawless .used a hose to get the bead seated at one side,used Only a floorpump.but is important to take a ride right after.

  11. #511
    beer thief
    Reputation: radair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    4,497
    Quote Originally Posted by mortenste View Post
    I use about 50 ml i each wheel With the hudus,andre ikke har byen flaskens.used a hode to get the blad settes at noe side,used Only av floorpump.but is important to take a ride right after.
    Translation please

  12. #512
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    246
    Hehe fixed

  13. #513
    since 4/10/2009
    Reputation: Harold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    19,172
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesee View Post
    If you aren't using UST tires, or even TLR tires (HD's are neither) then you (we) have to accept that there will be some hassle involved in getting them to seal.

    I think they're among the easiest rims out there to get the beads set on, even/only using a floor pump. The trick is simply to pull the tire beads 'up' out of the channel until they won't come up any higher, then spray a teeny bit of soapy water between the rim and tire. Works every time.

    From there, expect lots of shaking and leaning to get the sealant to fill every pinhole in the tire.

    I hope to never have to find out, but I think I could probably air these up trailside with a mini pump.
    I've been using TLR tires on UST rims for the past several years and have forgotten how much more work it is to get regular tires sealed up. Also, this is my first go with mounting tires on fatbike rims, and my first go at installing tires on hookless rims. I definitely have some stuff to learn. I thought I made it apparent that because I'm used to UST, this is procedure is new to me.

  14. #514
    This place needs an enema
    Reputation: mikesee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    9,639
    Quote Originally Posted by NateHawk View Post
    I've been using TLR tires on UST rims for the past several years and have forgotten how much more work it is to get regular tires sealed up. Also, this is my first go with mounting tires on fatbike rims, and my first go at installing tires on hookless rims. I definitely have some stuff to learn. I thought I made it apparent that because I'm used to UST, this is procedure is new to me.
    I was more putting it out there for general consumption, not so much singling you out. We all forget, until the day we're forced to remember.

  15. #515
    since 4/10/2009
    Reputation: Harold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    19,172
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesee View Post
    I was more putting it out there for general consumption, not so much singling you out. We all forget, until the day we're forced to remember.
    I was trying your "pull the beads of the tires until they're close to the rims" trick to try to get them to seat, and even with 3 shop dudes wrestling with the tire, we weren't making that happen. I think I probably tried that in various configurations for an hour before giving up on that method and seating the tire with a toob. The only major thing I didn't do was use soap, but in my case it wouldn't have made a difference. I just wasn't even able to get the beads close enough to the rim around enough of the circumference to be close. I was certainly thinking about soap, though.

    I tried searching youtube for vids illustrating techniques for seating tires on these rims and didn't turn up what I wanted. Lots of vids of people doing tubeless setups on drilled alu rims.

  16. #516
    mtbr member
    Reputation: thecanoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,129

    Nextie-Bike carbon rims

    You could try the Tire Bazooka
    http://youtu.be/Fuwelh-Oqic



    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Santa Cruz Tallboy
    Moonlander

  17. #517
    Loser
    Reputation: Jisch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,532
    did you try wrapping a ratchet strap around the tire to push the beads in?

  18. #518
    This place needs an enema
    Reputation: mikesee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    9,639
    Quote Originally Posted by NateHawk View Post
    I was trying your "pull the beads of the tires until they're close to the rims" trick to try to get them to seat, and even with 3 shop dudes wrestling with the tire, we weren't making that happen. I think I probably tried that in various configurations for an hour before giving up on that method and seating the tire with a toob. The only major thing I didn't do was use soap, but in my case it wouldn't have made a difference. I just wasn't even able to get the beads close enough to the rim around enough of the circumference to be close. I was certainly thinking about soap, though.

    I tried searching youtube for vids illustrating techniques for seating tires on these rims and didn't turn up what I wanted. Lots of vids of people doing tubeless setups on drilled alu rims.
    What was the average IQ of the 3 shop dudes?



    Betting the difference is that I haven't done this with HD's. The other tires I've installed on these rims (Bud, Lou, Snowshoe, Sterling, Nate) have all been plug and play, like they were designed for each other.

  19. #519
    since 4/10/2009
    Reputation: Harold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    19,172
    The HuDus are very pliable and that did make them tough to work with.

    I was one of the 3 shop dudes. The other two are no slouches. We did not have a good strap to put around the tire but we ;did have a rim strip we tried. It wasn't good enough.

  20. #520
    This place needs an enema
    Reputation: mikesee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    9,639
    Quote Originally Posted by NateHawk View Post
    The HuDus are very pliable and that did make them tough to work with.

    I was one of the 3 shop dudes. The other two are no slouches. We did not have a good strap to put around the tire but we ;did have a rim strip we tried. It wasn't good enough.
    For the record, I placed a 'smiley' after my IQ comment, so that you'd know I was merely poking fun.

    Many of the most creative, inventive problem solvers I know wear an apron and spin metric allen wrenches for a living...

  21. #521
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ShamusWave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    303

  22. #522
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    5,070
    I think the soapy water may have helped to lubricate things enough to allow the tire to slide over. That is why EVERY tire shop applies soapy water before setting the bead.

    Even my wife knows you should never go in dry.

  23. #523
    aka bOb
    Reputation: bdundee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    7,791
    That is why I use uncle d!cks bead slip.

  24. #524
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    20

    Needed a Bluto

    That meant a new front hub, which naturally means carbon hoops...
    Nextie-Bike carbon rims-image.jpg

    Went tubeless w/ existing HuDus. Gorilla tape cuz it's what I had and then got the hookless rim and tire bead wet w/ Stan's. A compressor to seat and first ride today. All good so far!

  25. #525
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    271

    Cool-blue Rhythm I like your logic

    Quote Originally Posted by jleebo View Post
    That meant a new front hub, which naturally means carbon hoops...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	450 
Size:	256.9 KB 
ID:	938489

    Went tubeless w/ existing HuDus. Gorilla tape cuz it's what I had and then got the hookless rim and tire bead wet w/ Stan's. A compressor to seat and first ride today. All good so far!
    New fork = dope crabon wheelz.
    well done sir.

  26. #526
    All fat, all the time.
    Reputation: Shark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    6,966
    Same here with the HUDU, especially a brand new one that doesn't want to hold a perfect shape yet.....
    Much easier if the tire has been on a rim (toss a tube in it for a couple days).

    No, the Nextie & Hudu combo are not UST, TLR etc so there will be a bit of fighting, but it is still easier than mounting on a rolling Darryl or Marge Lite, plus you don't have all the rim-hole sealing to deal with.

  27. #527
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    379
    rim-hole.....that phrase makes me giggle.

  28. #528
    since 4/10/2009
    Reputation: Harold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    19,172
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesee View Post
    For the record, I placed a 'smiley' after my IQ comment, so that you'd know I was merely poking fun.

    Many of the most creative, inventive problem solvers I know wear an apron and spin metric allen wrenches for a living...
    I got it. Just a massive fail on my part to come up with a witty rejoinder to keep the humor going. :-p

  29. #529
    since 4/10/2009
    Reputation: Harold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    19,172
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark View Post
    Same here with the HUDU, especially a brand new one that doesn't want to hold a perfect shape yet.....
    Much easier if the tire has been on a rim (toss a tube in it for a couple days).

    No, the Nextie & Hudu combo are not UST, TLR etc so there will be a bit of fighting, but it is still easier than mounting on a rolling Darryl or Marge Lite, plus you don't have all the rim-hole sealing to deal with.
    I just tossed the tube in for about 5 minutes to get it on. But glad to know that others experience similar with the HuDu. Tossing the tube in really wasn't a problem. These big tires do take a LOT more shaking to adequately distribute the sealant, though!

  30. #530
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    5,070
    Quote Originally Posted by NateHawk View Post
    These big tires do take a LOT more shaking to adequately distribute the sealant, though!
    Why are you shaking the tire? My Stans dance doesn't include shaking of any sort.

  31. #531
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    2,368
    I have set up 3 sets of Nextie/ Husker Du combo in the last few weeks.
    All fast and painless.
    No Stan's anywhere except in the tires.
    They all sweat Stan's out of the bead.....but don't loose any air after the first day.

  32. #532
    mtbr member
    Reputation: DubzOxford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    108
    Can the 65mm Nextie rim be built up to go on the rear of a Pugsley?
    Fat and Single

  33. #533
    mtbr member
    Reputation: brankulo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,415
    anyone built nexties 90mm on chosen hubs? interested in spoke lengths. would like to confirm the lengths i got in freespoke

    also is ERD of 504mm from nextie website fairly accurate?

  34. #534
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Steve Balogh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    753

    Contact Nextie

    Quote Originally Posted by DubzOxford View Post
    Can the 65mm Nextie rim be built up to go on the rear of a Pugsley?
    Chris, via the website when you place an order there's no option listed for an offset frame, but does indicate for other drilling than what's listed to contact them. I have an extra wheelset with a front Large Marge that was drilled for me by Mark Gronewald for the offset rear of my Wildfire, not sure I would want to do the same with a deep carbon rim. Perhaps they can make something that works, best to e-mail them.

  35. #535
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Toni Lund's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    125






    "Cycling is not the whole life, it's much more."
    www.tonilund.fi - Facebook - Twitter - Google+

  36. #536
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    145
    Nextie-Bike carbon rims-image3.jpgNextie-Bike carbon rims-image5.jpgNextie-Bike carbon rims-image9.jpg

    Took 3.5 lbs off the bike w/ Nextie Rims/Sarma Hubs/Tubeless setup. It makes a world of a difference, even more so on the fatbike.

  37. #537
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    404
    Has anyone tried the Nextie 90mm in a MukLuk?

    I just tried a Dillinger 5 on a Rolling Darryl in the rear and it fit fine, about the same tire to chain spacing as I had on my Moonlander, so I'm ok with that. However that's an 82mm Rim. I really like the Nextie Rim, and I know a guy with a set in a 190mm spaced bike, and he loves them. But will they work in my 170mm MukLuk? with a Dillinger 5
    Climbing Builds Character

  38. #538
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzybmx View Post
    Retired immediately Andy74... got another set here to run. Got a new set to build for the PFP (Plastic Fatty Project), these ones will be unlaced, stripped and resprayed. Dont have the time at the moment but will happen soon(ish)
    So if I get this green color glossy it has not faded on anyone? How do you repaint them? Autobody shop? Or hobby shop paint?

  39. #539
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    29
    What is the difference between "weave" UD - 3k - 12k

  40. #540
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    29
    What is the difference between "weave" UD - 3k - 12k

  41. #541
    will rant for food
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,649
    Quote Originally Posted by ENSANE View Post
    What is the difference between "weave" UD - 3k - 12k
    weave is otherwise known as "twill"

    It is short for carbon that represents a woven fabric, like something you'd wear.

    3k vs 12k represent how many fibers exist in a given width of flat carbon straight fiber. 3k is 3,000 fibers, 12k is 12,000 fibers. There are only rough width measurements for what this actually means, because fibers can micro-roll over each other and bring the width down, or you can subtly spread them out.

    UD means Uni Directional which is a F*CKING STUPID TERM, it should really be Mono Directional.

    UD looks like a straight flow of black hair in a horse's mane.

    3k weave looks like a tight knit pattern, the stereotype black-grey flannel that is so popular across sporting goods.

    12k weave looks like a broad square pattern, like a chess board.

    The 3k 12K UD carbon fiber weave for rim and frame Light-Bicycle
    Disclaimer: I run Regular Cycles (as of 2016). As a profiteer of the bicycle industry, I am not to be taken very seriously.

  42. #542
    nothing to see here
    Reputation: Stevob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,240
    They're all different cosmetic finishes

    The 3k 12K UD carbon fiber weave for rim and frame Light-Bicycle

    ...and in other news, I found a new friend today. His name is Google.

    [beaten to the punch by Drew]
    I see hills.

    I want to climb them.

  43. #543
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    29
    Thanks guys. I think I want to go painted. Just waiting to hear from OzzyBMX to know if the bright colors are going to fade if it's a glossy finish

  44. #544
    Anchorage, AK
    Reputation: anortherncrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    658

    Nextie-Bike carbon rims

    UD and 3k
    Nextie-Bike carbon rims-imageuploadedbytapatalk1416450769.215299.jpg
    12k
    Nextie-Bike carbon rims-imageuploadedbytapatalk1416450785.254573.jpg
    Pics emailed to me from Brian at Nextie. I opted for the matte 3k 65mm rims.
    two wheel livin'..

  45. #545
    Fat & Single
    Reputation: ozzybmx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,074
    Quote Originally Posted by ENSANE View Post
    Thanks guys. I think I want to go painted. Just waiting to hear from OzzyBMX to know if the bright colors are going to fade if it's a glossy finish
    I believe my matte fluro green were the first (and only) set to have a matte finish, all the ones after that have been glossy. Brian from Nextie says that for UV protection the green will only be done in gloss from now on.
    Trek 9.9 Superfly SL
    FM190 Fatty
    Indy Fab Deluxe 29
    Pivot Vault CX
    Cervelo R3 Disc

  46. #546
    drev-il, not Dr. Evil!
    Reputation: Drevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    3,843
    Like ANorthernCrazy, I got the 65mm matte 3K Black Eagles w/ no logo. I'm not sure if the weight of these has been posted yet, but one of mine weighed 478 grams, and the other 479 grams. I should be getting the spokes today (248mm Sapim Race w/ 14mm nipples) and will lace them up to Hope Fatsno hubs (177mm TA rear, 135mm front).

    I'll see how they fare in the rocks. Anybody scratch theirs up yet?

    Nextie-Bike carbon rims-dsc_7850.jpg

    Nextie-Bike carbon rims-dsc_7852.jpg
    "Keep your burgers lean and your tires fat." -h.d. | ssoft | flickr

  47. #547
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,104
    Quote Originally Posted by Drevil View Post
    Like ANorthernCrazy, I got the 65mm matte 3K Black Eagles w/ no logo. I'm not sure if the weight of these has been posted yet, but one of mine weighed 478 grams, and the other 479 grams. I should be getting the spokes today (248mm Sapim Race w/ 14mm nipples) and will lace them up to Hope Fatsno hubs (177mm TA rear, 135mm front).

    I'll see how they fare in the rocks. Anybody scratch theirs up yet?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_7850.jpg 
Views:	290 
Size:	100.6 KB 
ID:	940449

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_7852.jpg 
Views:	379 
Size:	63.8 KB 
ID:	940450
    Nice weight! What are the shipping costs to the US?

  48. #548
    drev-il, not Dr. Evil!
    Reputation: Drevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    3,843
    Quote Originally Posted by SmooveP View Post
    Nice weight! What are the shipping costs to the US?
    $61 to Maryland.
    "Keep your burgers lean and your tires fat." -h.d. | ssoft | flickr

  49. #549
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,104
    Quote Originally Posted by Drevil View Post
    $61 to Maryland.
    Thanks. Keep us posted on the results. Your build is very similar to what I'd be doing.

  50. #550
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    29
    Thanks for the update on the Fluroesent Green paint. Since most of you are building these wheel sets what wheel stand are you using?
    Truing Stand: TS-2.2 or TS-8 from Park Tools only goes to a hub of 175mm and we are talking about using hubs that are 190mm also the rims themselves are up to 100mm

    Do you all use a Spoke Tension Meter as well as a Dishing Tool

Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Carbon rims...
    By mattsavage in forum 27.5
    Replies: 311
    Last Post: 01-10-2016, 08:15 AM
  2. The New Carbon Rims vs Surly Rims For Offset Use?
    By Sand Rat in forum Fat bikes
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-07-2013, 12:08 AM
  3. Carbon rims: which?
    By bmxconvert in forum All Mountain
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-30-2012, 08:23 PM
  4. Carbon Rims
    By speedyd in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-04-2012, 11:44 AM
  5. Replies: 75
    Last Post: 01-13-2011, 03:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •