Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 151 to 200 of 217
  1. #151
    iphilrive
    Reputation: iphilrive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    139
    anyone have a picture of duallys on a karate monkey with knards front and rear? if its possible?

  2. #152
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MikenIke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    126
    This thread is useless without pics.

  3. #153
    mtbr member
    Reputation: sasquatch rides a SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,557
    Quote Originally Posted by MikenIke View Post
    Have they made 29" Dually's already?
    Yeah! They're available and in stock at QBP right now, as well.

  4. #154
    mtbr member
    Reputation: vikb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    8,794
    Quote Originally Posted by MikenIke View Post
    Have they made 29" Dually's already?
    yes
    Safe riding,

    Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

  5. #155
    iphilrive
    Reputation: iphilrive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    139
    what is the widest tire you can put on the duallys?! pictures? this isn't a fun thread without pictures!

  6. #156
    mtbr member
    Reputation: efuss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    246
    I have a set of Dually wheels on the way from Prowheelbuilder.com, they will be going on my Ogre frame. I don't think Knards will fit the rear, I am going to run Ardent 2.4's to start. Frame is being repainted, will post pics when done.

  7. #157
    mtbr member
    Reputation: trumpus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    632

    New Velocity "mid fat" rim, the Dually

    Anyone running Dually/Knard on a Misfit DiSSent frame?

  8. #158
    Harmonius Wrench
    Reputation: Guitar Ted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,210

    26 & 29 Duallys

    I have a set of each here. one on the Singular has on One Smorgasbord rear/Chunky Monkey front. Both tubeless. The front barely clears the Reba Too close really. I have to look for a different sus fork. The Duallys on the Mukluk are tubeless with Fatback Sterling tires. No problems with that set up at all.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Velocity "mid fat" rim, the Dually-p1070027.jpg  

    New Velocity "mid fat" rim, the Dually-dually-jan-14-test-024.jpg  

    Riden' an Smilin'
    Guitar Ted

    Blog
    RidingGravel.com

  9. #159
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    154
    Quote Originally Posted by fatlip11 View Post
    Not disagreeing with anyone here, more of a question... is anyone planning on running pressures that low, 10-12psi? I don't think of these as much as fat tire rims as 29+ (maybe cause I plan on using these on my Krampus). On my SS with Flows and 2.3" tires, I run around 28psi. I am 6'5" at 220 lbs, and was thinking I could drop to low to mid 20s psi.
    Just to throw down-
    I've been running the northpaw 29+ Under 10 both front and rear. with tubes. Got 30-40 hours on her and no flats. Hit the trail HARD. Carver Gnarvester, singlespeed Carver tapered carbon fork. 190 lbs.
    Perfect number of bikes (n) + 1

  10. #160
    mtbr member
    Reputation: vikb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    8,794
    Quote Originally Posted by Truth! View Post
    Just to throw down-
    I've been running the northpaw 29+ Under 10 both front and rear. with tubes. Got 30-40 hours on her and no flats. Hit the trail HARD. Carver Gnarvester, singlespeed Carver tapered carbon fork. 190 lbs.
    Under 10 psi on a 3" tire? Wow. I'm lighter than you and can't get anywhere close to that without taking rocks into the rim.

    Are you riding snow or dirt?
    Safe riding,

    Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

  11. #161
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    154
    Im hitting the rocks,roots, dirt.
    I actually didn't care for the tire size until I bought a nice pressure gauge anddropped the psi- I think I might have been running 12 for awhile. That was the sweet spot. 12 rear and 10 front now I'm remembering.
    I normally run 25 on my race bike, 10 on the fatbike and 10/12 on my 29+
    Perfect number of bikes (n) + 1

  12. #162
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    156
    I built an ECR with Duallys and 120tpi Knards and took it noodling in some mild chunk yesterday. I was thinking that I could have run less pressure until I got a couple burps at 12psi.

    I wish Bontrager would make their tubeless rim strips for everyone else's rims.

  13. #163
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    37
    Wow! Y'all must be skinny! I am still running closer to 17-18, course I am a big boy at 215-220lbs depending on the beers consumed over the weekend. I tried it around 15 and started worrying about the rims on heavy hits.

  14. #164
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    363
    ECR's now available ? what's the difference to Krampus ?
    how are those 120tpi Knards ? thinking they might be to squirreley for me 200lbs,
    the 27tpi knards have a wire, they might burp less.

  15. #165
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MikenIke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    126
    I'm running the Dirt Wizards on mine and keep them pretty plump for less rolling resistance. I don't measure the psi but even at high psi the wizards are still pretty soft and grippy.

  16. #166
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    363
    those 29+ dirt wizard tires ? have not seen those ! pics please.

  17. #167
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MikenIke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    126
    Nope, sorry, 26". The Duallys are taking a beating though since I'm a rather clumsy rider. "Point and Shoot" is my motto.

  18. #168
    i heart singletrack
    Reputation: mgersib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,551
    I've been riding a set of 700c Duallys on my prototype Singular Rooster 29+, and they're fantastic rims. Tubeless setup was very easy, even with non-tubeless Knards.

    I've had good friends run the 26-inch version on their racing fat bike, and they worked well in that application. They aren't the ticket for deep, soft snow (where 80-100mm rims rule), but for most all other conditions, the weight savings is awesome (esp. given the reasonable price).New Velocity "mid fat" rim, the Dually-image.jpgNew Velocity "mid fat" rim, the Dually-image.jpg

  19. #169
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by rschultz101 View Post
    ECR's now available ? what's the difference to Krampus ?
    how are those 120tpi Knards ? thinking they might be to squirreley for me 200lbs,
    the 27tpi knards have a wire, they might burp less.
    I just ordered the ECR frame set and only had to wait a week to get a large. I haven't tried the Knards on any other rims and they were tough to get inflated on the duallys but they roll well enough and grip like crazy for climbing!

  20. #170
    mtbr member
    Reputation: aybee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    93
    Would anyone know specific tire widths of an Ardent 2.4 on a Dually? I saw info here regarding the Dually not really changing the Ardent's profile but just wanted to make sure. I'm planning to use this combo for my rear, paired with a rabbit hole - knard combo on the front. Based on my own measurements I can fit a 62mm tire in my frame, so would the Dually - Ardent 2.4 combo fit? Thanks.

  21. #171
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    446
    Probably not - I measured my ardent 2.4 on a 35mm rim at 63mm, I think, from memory!

  22. #172
    mtbr member
    Reputation: aybee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    93
    Quote Originally Posted by Futon River Crossing View Post
    Probably not - I measured my ardent 2.4 on a 35mm rim at 63mm, I think, from memory!
    Ouch, just what I feared! I was kinda hoping of sneaking in a Blunt 35, but screw that thought too! Thanks man!

  23. #173
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    35

    My thoughts after more than 5000km.

    I published a long term review on my blog: Longterm review: 6000km on Velocity Dually 29? Rims | Off Route

    Most of it is my thoughts on running them tubeless, and how a got them to successfully/safely go tubeless.

    Take home message: the "tubeless-ready" claims by Velocity are bogus, but with a bit of creativity, they can be made ghetto-tubeless relatively easily. But so can Rabbit Holes.


  24. #174
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    191
    Quote Originally Posted by skylerd View Post
    I published a long term review on my blog: Longterm review: 6000km on Velocity Dually 29? Rims | Off Route

    Take home message: the "tubeless-ready" claims by Velocity are bogus, but with a bit of creativity, they can be made ghetto-tubeless relatively easily. But so can Rabbit Holes.
    The claims are not at all bogus. Use a tire that has a bead made for tubeless and you will not have problems. I set up some Specialized 2bliss ready tires with no problems a few weeks back and have had no issues. I wish Surly would come out with tubeless versions of their tires.

  25. #175
    beer *****es n' bikes
    Reputation: seely's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    663
    Quote Originally Posted by giantone View Post
    The claims are not at all bogus. Use a tire that has a bead made for tubeless and you will not have problems. I set up some Specialized 2bliss ready tires with no problems a few weeks back and have had no issues. I wish Surly would come out with tubeless versions of their tires.
    Thanks for pointing this out. Other companies seem to choose to make their rims to cater to tubeless conversions, while we make ours to be compatible with actual tubeless tires. Surly tires seem to have the widest range of success and failure running tubeless. I've had reports of everything from one layer of Velotape or Stans, to 5 to 6 layers of Gorilla tape to screw it I'll just run tubes.

    Personally, I'm running the 26" Dirt Wizard and wound up using a layer of Velotape and then a layer of a thick rubbery tape. Even then I only got the tire to seat after wrapping it tightly with some of our packing wrap. It's holding great, but Surly tires have loose tolerances and certainly were not designed for tubeless applications.
    bike dude, velocity employee (this is my personal account)

  26. #176
    mtbr member
    Reputation: AmericanTemplar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    299
    I have the Dually front with a Knard and Blunt 35 with a X-King neither or which are tubeless specific and I haven't had any problems in the 5 months or so that I've had this setup. Just using the Velocity blue tape with the valves. It was quite tough to get the Knard set up tubeless but the trick that I found is to air it up with the wheel laying on its side on a garbage can so that the Stans pools on one side then flip it over continuing to give it air. It took a good 10 to 15 minutes of keeping air on it with a lot of sealant lost before it would seal. Haven't had any issues though since.

  27. #177
    mtbr member
    Reputation: TahoeBC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    5,530
    What kind of pressures are you guys running with your Knards and Dually's tubeless?

    I ran with tubes for about a week just to get them seating well and to help set the single strip of stans tape over the spoke holes, and they worked fine at about 10 pounds PSI with tubes in rocky terrain.

    I then just carefully took the bead off one side, pulled the tube and put 3 scoops of orange seal in. Did this over at my local LBS and used there air compressor and it sealed right up with a little leaking around the beads that went away soon.

    Problem is I can't even run the pressures as low as I was with tubes as I get small burps with sealant coming out.

    skylerd from your description it sounds like I need to build up the shelf a bit with some gorilla tape, how many wraps around the rim do you do? Do you leave a little room between the side wall and the tape or are you butting the tape right up to the sidewall?

    Thanks

    Really looking forward to the Maxxis Chronicle coming out as it looks to be a tubeless tire with sidewall protection.
    Last edited by TahoeBC; 06-06-2014 at 12:52 PM.
    Go get that KOM "You Deserve" - http://www.digitalepo.com/index.php

  28. #178
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    156
    I've run mine tubeless with Knard, Nobby Nic, and Racing Ralph. The Schwalbe tires got on the bead seat better but still burp at higher pressures than I want to run (16psi). The Knards suck to get seated and are really too loose on the bead seat, IMHO.

    I anxiously await fat rims from Notubes and would have built this bike on Flows in the meantime if I had known.

  29. #179
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by seely View Post
    Thanks for pointing this out. Other companies seem to choose to make their rims to cater to tubeless conversions, while we make ours to be compatible with actual tubeless tires. Surly tires seem to have the widest range of success and failure running tubeless. I've had reports of everything from one layer of Velotape or Stans, to 5 to 6 layers of Gorilla tape to screw it I'll just run tubes.

    Personally, I'm running the 26" Dirt Wizard and wound up using a layer of Velotape and then a layer of a thick rubbery tape. Even then I only got the tire to seat after wrapping it tightly with some of our packing wrap. It's holding great, but Surly tires have loose tolerances and certainly were not designed for tubeless applications.
    Yes, I say this in my review. I know that Surly tires are not tubeless ready. I'm referring specifically that I had to try to build a bead shelf out of tape. You'll notice that I'm the only person who has done that, and I seem to be one of very few people responding that has never had a tire burp. If you read my review, you'll notice that it's really positive...if that's what you're worried about.

    And it should be, I've thrashed around on them for nearly 6000km.

  30. #180
    beer *****es n' bikes
    Reputation: seely's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    663
    Quote Originally Posted by skylerd View Post
    Yes, I say this in my review. I know that Surly tires are not tubeless ready. I'm referring specifically that I had to try to build a bead shelf out of tape. You'll notice that I'm the only person who has done that, and I seem to be one of very few people responding that has never had a tire burp. If you read my review, you'll notice that it's really positive...if that's what you're worried about.

    And it should be, I've thrashed around on them for nearly 6000km.
    I did read your review, quite carefully. What I am confused on is how a successful tubeless setup with a non-tubeless tire somehow makes our claim of tubeless ready "bogus."
    bike dude, velocity employee (this is my personal account)

  31. #181
    beer *****es n' bikes
    Reputation: seely's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    663
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeBC View Post
    What kind of pressures are you guys running with your Knards and Dually's tubeless?

    I ran with tubes for about a week just to get them seating well and to help set the single strip of stans tape over the spoke holes, and they worked fine at about 10 pounds PSI with tubes in rocky terrain.

    I then just carefully took the bead off one side, pulled the tube and put 3 scoops of orange seal in. Did this over at my local LBS and used there air compressor and it sealed right up with a little leaking around the beads that went away soon.

    Problem is I can't even run the pressures as low as I was with tubes as I get small burps with sealant coming out.

    giantone from your description it sounds like I need to build up the shelf a bit with some gorilla tape, how many wraps around the rim do you do? Do you leave a little room between the side wall and the tape or are you butting the tape right up to the sidewall?

    Thanks

    Really looking forward to the Maxxis Chronicle coming out as it looks to be a tubeless tire with sidewall protection.
    We recommend going edge to edge with the tape, even for UST tire applications. If you're running non-tubeless tires, Gorilla Tape may work better than our thin stuff.
    bike dude, velocity employee (this is my personal account)

  32. #182
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    35
    Right. It's just the lack of bead shelve ridges that I'm referring to. I guess that makes them "almost tubeless-ready", requiring just a bit of modification. Seems that with the tape shelf, the risk of burping is way lower. The diameter is clearly correct for airing up tubeless-ready tires without full-width tape, the profile just might not be correct for keeping them there.

    If the Duallies had a bead shelf ridge, they'd be a 5-star product. It's what people want. It would probably be a lot easier to make rims with bead shelf ridges than to convince people that they don't need them.

  33. #183
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    466
    I have a set of Duallies I have been running on my FS bike. For tires I am some old 2.4 kendas that I had hanging around, the only reason I am using them is I wanted something more aggressive than knards. Still waiting for a 3 inch aggressive tire.
    I found the Duallies to work very well tubeless with thin tape, they have a good shelf that the tire sealed on before it popped onto the bead. I think surly tires suck I have several pairs of surly fat tires, the quality has no consistence. One tire will fit tight the other will almost fall off the rim. I think like stated before it a tire problem not a rim problem.

  34. #184
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    81
    I just had Angry Catfish, in Minneapolis, build a 29+ wheel set for my Mukluk using the Duallies. They are built around I-9 hubs, and use the 29x3 Knards, set up with tubes for now. The Duallies were cheaper than Rabbit Holes, but the added expense of the hubs (vs. Salsa hubs) more than offset the savings....

    I plan on using the bike to explore forest roads and trails and figured these would be better at covering distance than the stock Mukluk wheel set.







    Last edited by 2whl-hoop; 06-07-2014 at 08:04 PM.

  35. #185
    mtbr member
    Reputation: sasquatch rides a SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,557
    So what's the most reliable tubeless setup for the Dually/Knard combo for aggressive riding? I built my Dually wheelset last week and just picked up some Gorilla tape today. Some say to use no tape, just sealant, some say 1 layer, some say 2 layers. Experience?

  36. #186
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    191
    Quote Originally Posted by sasquatch rides a SS View Post
    So what's the most reliable tubeless setup for the Dually/Knard combo for aggressive riding? I built my Dually wheelset last week and just picked up some Gorilla tape today. Some say to use no tape, just sealant, some say 1 layer, some say 2 layers. Experience?
    You will need tape, no questions asked they simply will not work without it. I would suggest this stuff 3M Scotch Transparent Duct Tape, 1.88-Inch by 20-Yard (2120-A) - - Amazon.com It is slightly wider than you need so it will need to be trimmed down. Tape the entire flat area including bead shelf and you should not have any troubles. Gorilla tape will work but it is heavier and tends to soak up a bit more sealant. My experience was with a trouble free gorilla tape setup that only covered the spoke holes. It was fine but the gorilla tape ended up soaking up more sealant than I would have liked.

  37. #187
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bbudell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    55
    For my 26er Dually/Husker (front), Dually/Knard (rear) I needed one layer of Gorilla tape to make the rim/tire interface tight enough to not burp. With just stans tape I peeled the tire off.

  38. #188
    beer *****es n' bikes
    Reputation: seely's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    663
    Quote Originally Posted by sasquatch rides a SS View Post
    So what's the most reliable tubeless setup for the Dually/Knard combo for aggressive riding? I built my Dually wheelset last week and just picked up some Gorilla tape today. Some say to use no tape, just sealant, some say 1 layer, some say 2 layers. Experience?
    I've seen the most variance in tubeless setup with Surly tires. I love my Dirt Wizards, but on the 26" Dually they were a very loose fit. Others have said theirs fit tight. Guitar Ted, in one of his reviews, mounted Knards easily with a single layer of Gorilla Tape. One of our wheel builders here wound up using 3 or 4 layers. So, all that to say YMMV. With any non-tubeless tire it seems to require some experimentation.
    bike dude, velocity employee (this is my personal account)

  39. #189
    mtbr member
    Reputation: sasquatch rides a SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,557
    Quote Originally Posted by seely View Post
    I've seen the most variance in tubeless setup with Surly tires. I love my Dirt Wizards, but on the 26" Dually they were a very loose fit. Others have said theirs fit tight. Guitar Ted, in one of his reviews, mounted Knards easily with a single layer of Gorilla Tape. One of our wheel builders here wound up using 3 or 4 layers. So, all that to say YMMV. With any non-tubeless tire it seems to require some experimentation.
    That's what I was thinking. My Knards ( ) are a pretty loose fit. I am sort of expecting at least 2 layers, but wanted to see what others had done. I'll post up when I have time to convert and then again after the first ride.

  40. #190
    mtbr member
    Reputation: vikb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    8,794
    Safe riding,

    Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

  41. #191
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,211
    Quote Originally Posted by vikb View Post
    Whoah. Excellent work. Great tubeless reference.

  42. #192
    mtbr member
    Reputation: TahoeBC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    5,530
    I've got a few more long rides in rocky terrain under my belt, never got around to building up the bead shelf, still have a single thin layer of Stans tape covering the the spoke holes and still using the original 3 scoops of Orange seal. I seem to be able to run lower pressures now than originally for what ever reason, maybe enough orange seal has bedded in around the bead. Last Sunday I ran 10 1/2 PSI in both the tires with no issues. These are 120 tpi knards BTW.

    Here I am starting to descend 4500 feet last Sunday

    Photo Credit goes to First Track Productions - First Tracks Productions | Serving Handcrafted Videos Since 2001.
    Go get that KOM "You Deserve" - http://www.digitalepo.com/index.php

  43. #193
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    37
    Been running mine with the 27tpi versions since last October with zero issues. They were a ***** to get sealed but once I did they are great. I figured out it was best just to put in about 20 lbs of air and let them rest on each side for a few hours. I run about 12-14 lbs no problem.

  44. #194
    mtbr member
    Reputation: sasquatch rides a SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,557
    Any tubeless Dually experience with 29+ tires other than the Knard?

  45. #195
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by fatlip11 View Post
    Been running mine with the 27tpi versions since last October with zero issues. They were a ***** to get sealed but once I did they are great. I figured out it was best just to put in about 20 lbs of air and let them rest on each side for a few hours. I run about 12-14 lbs no problem.
    Well, I spoke too soon. I changed out to 2 new Knards yesterday and have been trying for two days to get one of them to seal. Stan's is blowing out both sides and neither side will seal. It has been resting on each side for hours between flips and still will not seal. Grrr.

  46. #196
    mtbr member
    Reputation: vikb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    8,794
    Quote Originally Posted by fatlip11 View Post
    Well, I spoke too soon. I changed out to 2 new Knards yesterday and have been trying for two days to get one of them to seal. Stan's is blowing out both sides and neither side will seal. It has been resting on each side for hours between flips and still will not seal. Grrr.
    My friends had the same problem with Duallys. If you can't get it to seal try a split tube.
    Safe riding,

    Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

  47. #197
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    37
    Thanks vikb,
    Not sure I understand, isn't the split tube method for the rims? The tape is holding up fine, it is blowing out between the tire and the rim.
    Thanks

  48. #198
    mtbr member
    Reputation: vikb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    8,794
    Quote Originally Posted by fatlip11 View Post
    Thanks vikb,
    Not sure I understand, isn't the split tube method for the rims? The tape is holding up fine, it is blowing out between the tire and the rim.
    Thanks
    The split tube lets the tire seal against the split tube which is between the tire bead and the rim.

    See this post: Fatbike Tubeless | gypsy by trade

    You don't need any foam with your Duallys. I'd put some tape over the spoke holes [doesn't need to be air tight this is just for abrasion protection of tube.] then add split tube and tire. Finally trim excess tube that's hanging over edge of rim.
    Safe riding,

    Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

  49. #199
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    37
    OK Thanks for the tip. Weird, I haven't had a problem for the past year. I guess the Knard is wonky?
    Thanks

  50. #200
    mtbr member
    Reputation: vikb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    8,794
    Quote Originally Posted by fatlip11 View Post
    OK Thanks for the tip. Weird, I haven't had a problem for the past year. I guess the Knard is wonky?
    Thanks
    The Dually isn't a good tubeless rim and the Knard isn't a tubeless tire. Combine the two and you have a total crap shoot for getting a seal. The split tube bridges the gap between the two and should solve your problems.
    Safe riding,

    Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Light "click" or "snap" or "clunk" when pressing down hard on pedals
    By VFXterra in forum Drivetrain - shifters, derailleurs, cranks
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-17-2015, 07:37 AM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-14-2013, 04:38 PM
  3. wet red rims 29" 32h, Velocity Blunt SL classic red anyone?
    By badbushido in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-25-2013, 06:55 AM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-01-2013, 10:15 PM
  5. Shimano XT Niner 29" Velocity Blunt
    By millsj2 in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-25-2011, 06:19 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •