Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    blood in / blood out

New tire company, Terrene Tires

I have not seen any talk about these new tires and just wanted to hear what people are thinking. I think it is nice to have another studded tire option but I guess we will have to see what they bring to the market.

There is some talk of them on Fat-bike.com from Interbike Outdoor Demo day 1 and some pics also. I like the look of the stud's on their tire. But I guess we'll have to see if they work in the real world. Here is their site:

Wazia | Terrene Tires
    RICOH for LIFE
    Pain is Weakness

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I think they were on a bunch of demo bikes at interbike. Anyone there have any input?

since 4/10/2009
    I have seen these showing up on bikes and product literature for the past month or two.

I need another $120 fatbike tire like I need a hole in the head.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold View Post
    ...I need another $120 fatbike tire like I need a hole in the head.
    Hehehehe

aka bOb
    I'm more curious about their plus offerings.

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    I want to see the weights of their light versions. I am running D5's right now and would be interested in these Wazia's if they are substantially lighter.

Rippin da fAt
    Nov 2011
    Hmm, Harold wants a 150 smacker fat tire... @.o

Hopeful to see a high quality product line that includes some non-DH + tires, too.
    Get fAt, Stay fAt, Ride fAt
    Doctor recommended...

Human Test Subject
    That's a Tim Krueger (previously of Salsa, currently of Advocate Cycles) company. They're probably really great. None of em fit my needs right now, but I'm following them on FB because sooner or later he'll make something I want.
    You change your own flats? Support your LBS and pay them to instead.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold View Post
    I have seen these showing up on bikes and product literature for the past month or two.

I need another $120 fatbike tire like I need a hole in the head.
    My wife would kill me

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    I was able to ride the Terrene Wazia 4.0 tires on an Otso Voytek demo bike yesterday. Very impressed by how low the rolling resistance was on dirt. Absolutely zero self steer and a ton of grip in some loose sandy conditions. Probably not the lightest tire available for purchase but I don't think that's the goal. There are no shortage of average grip tires for weight weenies out there.

As mentioned above, Tim Krueger is behind this tire and he was one of the early pioneers of all things Fatbike for QBP. Pretty much everything he touches is a hit.

I'm going to buy a Wazia 4.6 for a front and a Wazia 4.0 for my rear tire this season. Replacing a Bud / Nate combo & studded Dillinger 4's that could not be setup tubeless. Looks like this could be the one tire to rule them all for Winter from what I'm seeing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    only 4.6 :-(

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Hey mn_biker, where did you buy the tires from? I would also like to replace my bud/mate combo.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by cdn11 View Post
    Hey mn_biker, where did you buy the tires from? I would also like to replace my bud/mate combo.
    Have not bought them yet, but they are supposedly in stock at the Angry Catfish here in Minneapolis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jul 2013

Quote Originally Posted by FASTFAT View Post
    only 4.6 :-(
    Huh? I rode a 4.0 yesterday.

Edit... just occurred to me you might want a 4.8 or bigger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    4.0, 4.6, studded or unstudded. Light casing or tough casing. Options galore!
    Jason
    Disclaimer: www.paramountsports.net

Human Test Subject
    I think they were complaining that 4.6 isn't big enough. My D5s are 4.5, not the claimed 4.8 or 5. Dudes and bike companies tend to add size where it isn't.
    You change your own flats? Support your LBS and pay them to instead.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Looking forward to getting some. Thanks for the shop name mn_biker. Wonder if they ship? I'm in Canada but have access to a US address... keep us posted!
    Cheers

just ride
    Hey all - thanks for your patience as we got through our first month of being on the market. We finally have the website, shopping carts, and all other associated things fully functional, as well as all sizes and variations of the Wazia in stock. We also distribute through BTI, and you can find our stocking dealers here Dealers | Terrene Tires, or you can click on direct purchase links from our website Wazia | Terrene Tires

As always, feel free to fire questions at me!
    Steel is Real: www.advocatecycles.com
    Tires for real rides: www.terrenetires.com

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    How much does each model weigh?
    Latitude 61

Jammin' Econo
    The Wazia looks great, and I've been hearing a lot of good things about the quality of Terrene tires. I'm also glad to see a new offering that comes unstudded, but with stud pockets. Looking forward to trying these out!
    I dream of a day when my children will live in a world without the shackles of cause and effect.” - S. Colbert

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Looking forward to a comparison between the 4.6 studded version and the Wrathchild - measurements on rim sizes, # studs, weights, etc. They look like tires with similar functionality.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Just got stud less Dillinger 5s that I will be studding with flat tip studs. I knew about these from their intro a few months ago, but did not realize they already available. Knowing that, would have tried the 4.6" stud less version for a change. Roughly same price for what I paid for D5s.

Sub'd for user reviews.
    2014 Giant Trance 27.5 3
    2016 Norco Sasquatch 6.1

mtbr member
    Weights would be nice.

mtbr member
    Are there soft tread compounds?
    The bike is never to heavy, you are just to WEAK!

sluice box
    1668g and bead to bead measured out the same as my D5 at 240mm
    105mm casing on BR710 80mm rims.

I'm looking at running one of these with my D5. What does the collective think front Wizia D5 rear or vise versa?
    Last edited by Co-opski; 12-05-2016 at 05:13 PM.
    ptarmigan hardcore

mtbr member
    Jul 2013

Finally have my new 4.6 Light Terrene Wazia's mounted up to Surly Marge Lite rims and got a couple rides in. Haven't been able to fully test them, but a few early observations:

- Incredibly low rolling resistance. I knew this from my demo of the 4.0 Wazia's, but did an 8 mile ride on pavement and dirt yesterday. Felt much faster than my Dillinger / Husker Du summer tires.
    - Others have talked about having a tire with a soft compound and I didn't really know what that meant until riding these tires. They form over every little imperfection in the trail. Ran them at 11-12 PSI on dirt yesterday and they were so smooth. I'm guessing 8-10 PSI would be optimal on dirt.
    - GRIP! I took them up a pretty steep leaf covered muddy hill (local park) and had very little slip even at 12PSI.
    - Snow... we had a little bit of wet mushy snow last night so I aired them down to 4 PSI and played around. Feel as though they had as much traction as my Nate for rear grip, but not quite as much side hill traction as my old Bud.... Time will tell.
    - No problems setting them up tubeless and they held air overnight only dropping 1 PSI.
    - Bonus! They fit on my 170MM spaced Minnesota 2.0! However that is on Marge Lites (65MM) and running 1X only on the front. The fit with 2X was close and might be able to work, but it is giving me a good reason to start running 1X in the winter.

I bought these because I was sick of going back and forth between studded Dillinger 4's and Bud / Nate last season. My early observation is they are going to be the perfect all condition winter tire. Will see if I can find some ice soon and report back on how the studs work.

If you are on the fence with this tire (or waiting for 45nrth to get some tires in stock)... you won't be disappointed! However, I'd hurry, I think the secret will get out on these tires and they will sell out quickly. My LBS (Now Bikes St. Paul) said they have been selling these tires at a brisk pace.

Pics...
    Tread Pattern...

Dillinger 4 + Nate = Terrene Wazia!

Tire folding at 4 PSI... Could easily drop them to 2.5 or 3 in the deep stuff.

Bike in question...

LCW
    mtbr member
    Thanks for your review mn_biker!!! Finally some real world feedback on how these Terrenes work.

I think I will order a set. Looking for something good in winter, studdable, rolls decent, and also can do dirt. These look like the ticket.

EVIL Following

Surly Wednesday

sluice box
    New tire company, Terrene Tires-20161201_185413-450x800-.jpg
    D5 Wazia 4,6 on DT Swiss BR710 80mm Ground Control 4,6 MuleFut 80mm
    New tire company, Terrene Tires-20161202_230035.jpg

New tire company, Terrene Tires-20161202_230104.jpg
    ptarmigan hardcore

aka bOb
    Wazia smallest of the bunch??

sluice box
    New tire company, Terrene Tires-20161202_230320-450x800-.jpg
    D5 and Wazia 4,6 on DT Swiss BR710 80mm and Bud on Specailized 90mm
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New tire company, Terrene Tires-20161202_230438.jpg  

New tire company, Terrene Tires-20161202_230320.jpg  

ptarmigan hardcore

sluice box
    Quote Originally Posted by bdundee View Post
    Wazia smallest of the bunch??
    so far yes. The D5 and Bud have had a season of tubless set up and these are just after I mounted them. I don't have calipers but with a ruler the caseing is the same on the D5 and Wazia. The lugs are more centered and narrow on the Wazia vs the D5. I wish I still had my Vee Snowshoe xl to compare it to.
    ptarmigan hardcore

sluice box
    BTW I like how the Wazia ride. Faster then Snowshoe XL, Ground Control, Nate, and Lou. Slower than HuDu and D5 but don't wash out as much. Wazia is a point and go tire.
    ptarmigan hardcore

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Co-opski View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20161202_230320 (450x800).jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	212.9 KB 
ID:	1108605
    D5 and Wazia 4,6 on DT Swiss BR710 80mm and Bud on Specailized 90mm
    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Co-opski again." Awesome posts, thanks, these are the questions most of us have been wondering - e.g. how will the 4.6 compare to the D5 and Wrathchild? These small sizes probably aren't what people were hoping to see - I would guess that most buyers who want chunky tread also want a chunky footprint, e.g. Bud/Lou/4.8, e.g. the tire that necessitated the 190/197 standard that most of our bikes are built around these days! If there is enough snow to require big blocks, you may also need some float.

Most manufacturers seem to be going the other direction, offering "goldilocks" 4.6 size. Reminds me of the industry largely abandoning 29+ in favor of 27.5+.

sluice box
    Quote Originally Posted by Willum View Post
    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Co-opski again." Awesome posts, thanks, these are the questions most of us have been wondering - e.g. how will the 4.6 compare to the D5 and Wrathchild? These small sizes probably aren't what people were hoping to see - I would guess that most buyers who want chunky tread also want a chunky footprint, e.g. Bud/Lou/4.8, e.g. the tire that necessitated the 190/197 standard that most of our bikes are built around these days! If there is enough snow to require big blocks, you may also need some float.

Most manufacturers seem to be going the other direction, offering "goldilocks" 4.6 size. Reminds me of the industry largely abandoning 29+ in favor of 27.5+.
    I was wanting the Wrathchild and wanted something bigger than the D5. So I figured I would give the Wazia a shot.

I hear you that is why I still have my Bud and 150 grips studs around after 3 seasons. Sometimes you just want a monster tire to get you there and back.

Paging Surly to the studded tire section.
    ptarmigan hardcore

aka bOb
    I have the ability to run the biggins and I like a good 4.6. Seems to be a good happy medium weight wise yet still giving me some float at low psi.

Loud hubs save lives!
    Any Canadian distribution channels as of yet? (shipping perhaps?)

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by 43st View Post
    Any Canadian distribution channels as of yet? (shipping perhaps?)
    Terrene Wazia 26x4.6 Light Folding Studded Fat Bike Tire | Fyxation

15% off code even!!!

Loud hubs save lives!
    Quote Originally Posted by dpsmith67 View Post
    So close! but I need 26x4.0. Hopefully someone else can jump on this one.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    So close! but I need 26x4.0. Hopefully someone else can jump on this one.
    https://www.kruegeroutdoor.com/colle...olding-studded

Sadly, no coupon for these.

Loud hubs save lives!
    Quote Originally Posted by dpsmith67 View Post
    They didn't have much of a FAQ on international shipping. I gave it a try and it came to $423.50 USD shipped, so we'll see. It's really nice to have some more non-QBP studded options. Thanks for the links

mtbr member
    Jul 2013

They didn't have much of a FAQ on international shipping. I gave it a try and it came to $423.50 USD shipped, so we'll see. It's really nice to have some more non-QBP studded options. Thanks for the links
    Send them an email. They are very responsive unless they are out traveling.

Loud hubs save lives!
    Quote Originally Posted by mn_biker View Post
    Send them an email. They are very responsive unless they are out traveling.

I already got the shipping confirmation, so we are good to go. The "we'll see" part will be customs/import fees, those will be charged when the package arrives (depends on what broker handles the package). But yeah, they've been super fast so far.

I'm really excited to try them out. The tread pattern looks great for combating wash-out, which is probably my #1 reason for biting it.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the pics, Co-Opski. The Terrenes look like they might fit my Bucksaw. Are the studs like others, or are they the ball-in-claw type?

sluice box
    New tire company, Terrene Tires-20161201_185433small.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by dudeist View Post
    Thanks for the pics, Co-Opski. The Terrenes look like they might fit my Bucksaw. Are the studs like others, or are they the ball-in-claw type?
    Cupped claw type.
    With 156 studs less than the D5 they are sharp and scratch well, not recommended for wood floors. I did get to try them on a pond plowed for skating this weekend and they did their job. The only thing I would change is putting a stud in the outer lugs, so if you are in a turn or on an off camber trail you still would have traction.
    ptarmigan hardcore

sluice box
    I found some Vee Snowshoe XL 4,8 studded on 80mm Mulefut. D5 and Wazia 4,6 are on DT Swiss BR710 80mm.
    New tire company, Terrene Tires-20161207_001530small.jpg
    New tire company, Terrene Tires-20161207_001442small.jpg
    ptarmigan hardcore

mtbr member
    Dec 2016

Terrene Wazia Studded Tire Review: First Impressions

Hey guys,

Saw the link to our site earlier in the thread. We just posted up an initial review on our site including weights, width on a Mulefut and some initial thoughts. We plan on getting these on the snow this weekend and we'll give a more thorough review.

Terrene Wazia Studded Tire Review: First Impressions | Fyxation

New tire company, Terrene Tires-wazia_4.jpg

New tire company, Terrene Tires-wazia_3.jpg

mtbr member
    Dec 2016
    I already got the shipping confirmation, so we are good to go. The "we'll see" part will be customs/import fees, those will be charged when the package arrives (depends on what broker handles the package). But yeah, they've been super fast so far.

I'm really excited to try them out. The tread pattern looks great for combating wash-out, which is probably my #1 reason for biting it.
    Have you gotten tracking information for your order yet? Excited to hear some feedback.

LCW
    mtbr member
    Nixing my Terrene plan... Slow to show up at my LBS... and he happened to receive a batch of studded D5's... so picked up a D5/D4 studded combo for a good price instead.

Still look forward to more reports from the studded Wazias this winter... Maybe next set...

EVIL Following

Surly Wednesday

The Dog.
    Just got my Wazia's. 4.6 light studded. They look awesome. Setup tubeless pretty easily on my HED's. Bead seems a little tighter than the Vanhelga and just as beefy.

Both tires do have some lateral runout to them. Unfortunately, this means that the rear rubs my 2x drivetrain on my beargrease. By measurement against the Vanhelga, they should fit, but just too much lateral runout. Still seems within spec for a fatbike tire. I was just cutting it close.

Tread blocks are just as large as the Vanhelga, but look smaller due to the larger casing size.

Studs are the sharpest studs I have ever experienced. Crazy sharp. Order of magnitude sharper than concave 45nrth studs. Mounting them was a little harrowing, actually.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by FyxationTech View Post
    Hey guys,

Saw the link to our site earlier in the thread. We just posted up an initial review on our site including weights, width on a Mulefut and some initial thoughts. We plan on getting these on the snow this weekend and we'll give a more thorough review.

Terrene Wazia Studded Tire Review: First Impressions | Fyxation
    I just ordered a set for 4.6 studded from Fyxation, with the 20% off code. $360.95USD shipped to Canada. Great price.

I was initially concerned with the extra weight of the Wazia vs Dillingers, but considering the extra aggressive tread pattern it makes sense. They should be superior in softer/fresh snow with less wash-out.

Thanks to the other for their reports. Helped me make my decision. I will post a full review once I receive them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast