Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

New tire company, Terrene Tires

20K views 118 replies 54 participants last post by  ErvSpanks 
#1 ·
I have not seen any talk about these new tires and just wanted to hear what people are thinking. I think it is nice to have another studded tire option but I guess we will have to see what they bring to the market.

There is some talk of them on Fat-bike.com from Interbike Outdoor Demo day 1 and some pics also. I like the look of the stud's on their tire. But I guess we'll have to see if they work in the real world. Here is their site:

Wazia | Terrene Tires

#92 ·
I have had the Wazia 4.6 studded since XMAS. Tires are great on every condition I could throw at them. From 8" of fresh snow to pure ice, hardpack, uneven ice. You name it. They have done well. There is still the occasional washout of the front tire in soft snow on uneven terrain, but I imagine every tire has this issue. (To test, I put my summer tire on the front in 8" of fresh snow and it was game over - unrideable - when you hit a rut. The Wazia was manageable)

I run tubeless and average 6/7 psi, and will drop lower for fresh powder. Tires are also very fast rolling on hardpack and dirt mix, considering they have a lot aggressive rubber. Zero complaints!!

Here is a video I shot with my phone on sheer river ice. Damn it was slippery to walk on. The Wazia's performed flawlessly. (holding the phone and handlebar with one hand shows how much I trusted the Wazias. I rode the creek for over 2km)

#46 ·
Terrene Wazia Studded Tire Review: First Impressions

Hey guys,

Saw the link to our site earlier in the thread. We just posted up an initial review on our site including weights, width on a Mulefut and some initial thoughts. We plan on getting these on the snow this weekend and we'll give a more thorough review.

Terrene Wazia Studded Tire Review: First Impressions | Fyxation

Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber Black Rim

Font Black Logo Hardwood Number

#50 ·
Hey guys,

Saw the link to our site earlier in the thread. We just posted up an initial review on our site including weights, width on a Mulefut and some initial thoughts. We plan on getting these on the snow this weekend and we'll give a more thorough review.

Terrene Wazia Studded Tire Review: First Impressions | Fyxation
I just ordered a set for 4.6 studded from Fyxation, with the 20% off code. $360.95USD shipped to Canada. Great price.

I was initially concerned with the extra weight of the Wazia vs Dillingers, but considering the extra aggressive tread pattern it makes sense. They should be superior in softer/fresh snow with less wash-out.

Thanks to the other for their reports. Helped me make my decision. I will post a full review once I receive them.

#55 ·
First ride on the Wazia 4.6 studded. Snow was well packed single track with patches of soft snow. Tires ran flawlessly. Fast rolling with an abundance of grip. I tested off trail in soft snow and they chew thru powder well.

I experienced one minor washout thru an off-chamber soft section but the tires recovered quickly after the initial slip. My friend could not ride this section on his unstudded tires due to all the snow drifts and washout issues. I had no issues riding thru it. You can carry a lot of speed on these tires - very sturdy feeling going downhill over roots and rocks and thru turns.

Tire weight came in at 1636/1657g (300g more than Bontrager Barbis but with a lot bigger knobs).

I ran the tires tubeless. Easy setup on Mulefut 80mm rims, but wear some gloves during install. The studs are very sharp. I didn't realize my fingers were all cut up until I washed my 2nd rim with rubbing alcohol. Feels like paper cuts. Ha.

Started the day at 8/10 psi. Dropped to 6.5/8.

Another bonus: I experienced zero auto steer on a bare section of trail. I am very happy with the tires. Snow storm arriving tonight so I will be able to test in fresh snow tomorrow.

Plastic Machine Label Cardboard Shipping box

Automotive tire Floor Synthetic rubber Tread Flooring

Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel Tire Wheel Bicycle frame

#8 ·
That's a Tim Krueger (previously of Salsa, currently of Advocate Cycles) company. They're probably really great. None of em fit my needs right now, but I'm following them on FB because sooner or later he'll make something I want.

#10 ·
I was able to ride the Terrene Wazia 4.0 tires on an Otso Voytek demo bike yesterday. Very impressed by how low the rolling resistance was on dirt. Absolutely zero self steer and a ton of grip in some loose sandy conditions. Probably not the lightest tire available for purchase but I don't think that's the goal. There are no shortage of average grip tires for weight weenies out there.

As mentioned above, Tim Krueger is behind this tire and he was one of the early pioneers of all things Fatbike for QBP. Pretty much everything he touches is a hit.

I'm going to buy a Wazia 4.6 for a front and a Wazia 4.0 for my rear tire this season. Replacing a Bud / Nate combo & studded Dillinger 4's that could not be setup tubeless. Looks like this could be the one tire to rule them all for Winter from what I'm seeing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#18 ·
Hey all - thanks for your patience as we got through our first month of being on the market. We finally have the website, shopping carts, and all other associated things fully functional, as well as all sizes and variations of the Wazia in stock. We also distribute through BTI, and you can find our stocking dealers here Dealers | Terrene Tires, or you can click on direct purchase links from our website Wazia | Terrene Tires

As always, feel free to fire questions at me!

#20 ·
The Wazia looks great, and I've been hearing a lot of good things about the quality of Terrene tires. I'm also glad to see a new offering that comes unstudded, but with stud pockets. Looking forward to trying these out!

#22 ·
Just got stud less Dillinger 5s that I will be studding with flat tip studs. I knew about these from their intro a few months ago, but did not realize they already available. Knowing that, would have tried the 4.6" stud less version for a change. Roughly same price for what I paid for D5s.

Sub'd for user reviews.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.