Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 201 to 250 of 332
  1. #201
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    154
    What happened to the jumbo Jim's sourced in these

    Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

  2. #202
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    109
    Had to take the Big Jon in to the LBS this morning to have a strange noise in the bottom bracket checked out. More on that later. As I was perusing the shop, I came across this little gem.

    Apparently they had a shipping issue with a Heller they ordered for a customer and the Heller was supposed to come with the same components as the Big Jon, so they pulled a bunch of the parts to build up the Heller. THEN they built the Big Jon up with a completely different mix of parts.

    Big Jon frame, Avid brakes, SRAM 1x11 with Race Face Turbine cranks. Surly rims w/ DT Swiss hubs and the stock JJ's. Considering they were asking stock Big Jon $, I'd say it's a pretty sweet little setup. Unfortunately I don't need 2.

    Might need to make the photo attachments a little bigger.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Scott fat bike: Big Jon-big-jon-1.jpg  

    New Scott fat bike: Big Jon-big-jon-2.jpg  


  3. #203
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    161
    also a sweet deal with those different parts. it looks like it even has the big cog in the rear. pretty cool . G Y S O T !
    Last edited by BIGFAT29; 07-15-2016 at 09:00 PM.

  4. #204
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    161
    kingfisher please let us know about the bb noise results.

  5. #205
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 0lli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    101
    .... I took Mr Big Edward to the trail today and these fat tires kicked my ass ....




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    - Olli

  6. #206
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    161
    Yes but you had lots of fun getting your ass kicked ! again I like the big ed.

  7. #207
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by 0lli View Post
    .... I took Mr Big Edward to the trail today and these fat tires kicked my ass ....




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Olli that's a cool bike it looks really good in black

  8. #208
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingfisher2011 View Post
    Big Jon frame, Avid brakes, SRAM 1x11 with Race Face Turbine cranks. Surly rims w/ DT Swiss hubs and the stock JJ's.
    Not bad not bad at all. Not too sure about the Avid brakes but at least they've used Shimano rotors

  9. #209
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    2
    I fell in love with the Big Jon the first time I rode it, but I bought it with a special purpose. Make an electric fat bike!

    Still working out the gearing. Stock 46T chainring that comes with the motor assembly isn't great for off road and climbing, however I did get the bike up to 60km/h on a reasonably flat gravel road, the bike is amazingly stable and sure footed at high speeds. The 30T chainring is great for climbing and with my power plus 1600w of electric power I can climb anything as long as I can hold on. I have a 130mm bcd chainring adapter on order that will comes with a 42T and will let me go as low as 38T which might be a good compromise.

    The battery is temporary, it's a 52v 15Ah pack housed in an old power tool bag, the real battery is almost complete. The bike has loads of power, handles very well and isn't too heavy to still be quite maneuverable. I've never ridden anything quite this fun before.

    And if you don't yet have fenders the PDW MudShovels are great on this bike.

    New Scott fat bike: Big Jon-2016-02-05-13.57.51.jpgNew Scott fat bike: Big Jon-2016-02-05-12.48.38.jpgNew Scott fat bike: Big Jon-2016-02-22-17.19.44.jpg
    New Scott fat bike: Big Jon-dsc28292sm.jpg

  10. #210
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    11
    Love the idea. 60km/h on a gravel road!!!! Very very brave.

    Waiting for Xmas to order my BigJon... Cannot wait to give it a go on the Brit Bike parks during winter!

  11. #211
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by rwaudio View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016-02-05 12.48.38.jpg 
Views:	530 
Size:	336.7 KB 
ID:	1083029
    Holy crap an electric Big Jon

    It must be an animal on the climbs. Nice work!

  12. #212
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    1

    Tubeless Big Jon

    Lurking for a while. Have been on Big Jon for about a year.

    Working on making the rear wheel tubeless to avoid pinch flats

    I'm 210 and ride rocks and roots around 7 psi

    Got the tubeless just about dialed in

    Process = pick a rim strip, I'm using doubled duct tape

    Put a bit of latex caulk in rim pin holess

    Then one wrap of pink sheet foam that is used between a house foundation and sill. Cut to about 2.5 inches wide

    Then wrap to rim edge w gorilla tape

    Almost done
    Had trouble w the valve stem and found if u use a small square of gorilla tape folded over a few times as a washer it seals nice. I did scuff the tape a bit to give it some tooth

    Aired up nicely with a compressor and has been holding air for a week
    Will report back on longer term results
    Last edited by Narnia; 07-20-2016 at 03:57 AM. Reason: Issues..

  13. #213
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    161
    Quote Originally Posted by rwaudio View Post
    I fell in love with the Big Jon the first time I rode it, but I bought it with a special purpose. Make an electric fat bike!

    Still working out the gearing. Stock 46T chainring that comes with the motor assembly isn't great for off road and climbing, however I did get the bike up to 60km/h on a reasonably flat gravel road, the bike is amazingly stable and sure footed at high speeds. The 30T chainring is great for climbing and with my power plus 1600w of electric power I can climb anything as long as I can hold on. I have a 130mm bcd chainring adapter on order that will comes with a 42T and will let me go as low as 38T which might be a good compromise.

    The battery is temporary, it's a 52v 15Ah pack housed in an old power tool bag, the real battery is almost complete. The bike has loads of power, handles very well and isn't too heavy to still be quite maneuverable. I've never ridden anything quite this fun before.

    And if you don't yet have fenders the PDW MudShovels are great on this bike.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016-02-05 13.57.51.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	259.5 KB 
ID:	1083028Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016-02-05 12.48.38.jpg 
Views:	530 
Size:	336.7 KB 
ID:	1083029Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016-02-22 17.19.44.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	266.3 KB 
ID:	1083030
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC28292sm.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	438.7 KB 
ID:	1083042
    How quiet is that tesla bike ? oops I mean big jon . very cool bike !

  14. #214
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    161
    thanks for being the tubeless test mule. looking forward to the results.

  15. #215
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGFAT29 View Post
    How quiet is that tesla bike ? oops I mean big jon . very cool bike !
    Much quieter than the tires. So any noise the system might make is easily masked by tire noise. Passing road bikes with riders in full cycling outfits on the paved trails here in the city might be a better indication that it's not your average fat bike.

  16. #216
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    818
    Quote Originally Posted by rwaudio View Post
    Much quieter than the tires. So any noise the system might make is easily masked by tire noise. Passing road bikes with riders in full cycling outfits on the paved trails here in the city might be a better indication that it's not your average fat bike.
    Ya think? Cool ride.

  17. #217
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Narnia View Post
    Lurking for a while. Have been on Big Jon for about a year.

    Working on making the rear wheel tubeless to avoid pinch flats

    I'm 210 and ride rocks and roots around 7 psi

    Got the tubeless just about dialed in

    Process = pick a rim strip, I'm using doubled duct tape

    Put a bit of latex caulk in rim pin holess

    Then one wrap of pink sheet foam that is used between a house foundation and sill. Cut to about 2.5 inches wide

    Then wrap to rim edge w gorilla tape

    Almost done
    Had trouble w the valve stem and found if u use a small square of gorilla tape folded over a few times as a washer it seals nice. I did scuff the tape a bit to give it some tooth

    Aired up nicely with a compressor and has been holding air for a week
    Will report back on longer term results
    Where are these pin holes? I'm thinking of trying tubeless. You used the stock JJ tires and the stock rims?

  18. #218
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 0lli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    101

    New Scott fat bike: Big Jon

    Quote Originally Posted by max gnarcore View Post
    Olli that's a cool bike it looks really good in black
    Thanks max - I really like the color combination.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    - Olli

  19. #219
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    12

    Holy nimble!

    I had an idea that I wanted to explore. After 25yrs on full squish, I fell in love with Fat once the Big Jon came out. It is truly an incredible, all season bike. I have seen some posts of fat bikes rolling on 29+ wheelsets and I thought, "what the hell..."

    29x3" Fat B Nimble tires on Surly Rabbit Hole 50mm rims. Specialized stock ft hub and a DT 350 rear hub. I now have the ability to run either wheelset (I added another Praxis cassette and rotors) and DROPPED 2 lbs up front and 2+ lbs in the back! I also really like the tremendous difference the 29+ made in tight areas. There is still the traction of the fat but with added quickness. If you've thought about it, DO IT!!!

    New Scott fat bike: Big Jon-img_20160724_190417709.jpg

    New Scott fat bike: Big Jon-img_20160724_190427081.jpg

    New Scott fat bike: Big Jon-img_20160724_185539101.jpg

    New Scott fat bike: Big Jon-img_20160724_185519937.jpg

    New Scott fat bike: Big Jon-img_20160724_185610191.jpg

  20. #220
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by Mason Rickert View Post

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160724_190417709.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	353.5 KB 
ID:	1084012
    Mason that's awesome

    Have been looking at plus bikes but having seen what you've done I could really go for that it looks like a completely different bike. Thanks for posting

    *goes off to Google Rabbit Hole rims*

  21. #221
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    98
    Meanwhile the RF N/W I fitted when the bike was new has done about a million miles and is more narrow than wide so I decided to replace it along with the original chain. Despite resembling a ninja throwing star the chainring was still holding onto the chain quite well but it was making a constant whirring noise. The chain (all 114 links!) had stretched about 4-5 mm over the entire length so still far from worn out but it looked tired

    I bought a 36T Renthal 1XR and a KMC X10-93:
    New Scott fat bike: Big Jon-img_1476.jpg

    The drivetrain spins like a well-oiled machine again

  22. #222
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by Mason Rickert View Post
    I had an idea that I wanted to explore. After 25yrs on full squish, I fell in love with Fat once the Big Jon came out. It is truly an incredible, all season bike. I have seen some posts of fat bikes rolling on 29+ wheelsets and I thought, "what the hell..."

    29x3" Fat B Nimble tires on Surly Rabbit Hole 50mm rims. Specialized stock ft hub and a DT 350 rear hub. I now have the ability to run either wheelset (I added another Praxis cassette and rotors) and DROPPED 2 lbs up front and 2+ lbs in the back! I also really like the tremendous difference the 29+ made in tight areas. There is still the traction of the fat but with added quickness. If you've thought about it, DO IT!!!
    This post makes me want a 29+ wheelset in lieu of a Plus bike. Fortunately I have funds for neither. Great looking setup. The 29+'s look surprisingly appropriate on the frame. I was concerned that the slimmer wheel/tire combo might look goofy but it doesn't look that way to me at all.

  23. #223
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    161
    mason that's the best big jon conversion seen to date .very very cool big jon as a 29er plus bike !

  24. #224
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    98
    The local terrain has become very loose and rubbly over the last few weeks so the 4.8 JJs have gone back on. I find them much better in these conditions.

    One minor drawback is they bounce more than the 4.0s so the previously unobtrusive non-clutch XT mech has made its presence known on virtually every step-down or rutted surface by clattering away. It's even more noticeable because the rest of the bike is so quiet.

    So I've fitted a short cage Zee clutch mech (freeride version) to help restore the silence

    New Scott fat bike: Big Jon-zee.jpg

    In terms of quality the Zee mech is definitely a step down from XT but apart from the megabucks Saint mech I don't think there's another short cage clutch mech in Shimano's line up.

    The eagle-eyed amongst you will have noticed my ghetto hanger bolts. Ever since I've had the bike I've had a problem with the gear hanger bolts easing off and since the wheel axle bolts into the hanger it only has to be slightly loose before I can notice some play in the wheel. I've replaced the original bolts with the bolts from a lock-on grip collar and so far with crush washers and thread lock they've stayed put.

    At the other end another component that has a habit of not staying in place is my Thomson X4 stem. This is weird because I have an X4 on another bike and it's been fine. I can only put it down to the smaller bolts on the newer stem. Anyway it's been replaced by a Renthal Apex which bolts up in a reasurringly solid way and so far has stayed put.
    New Scott fat bike: Big Jon-apex.jpg

    Nothing else has come loose

  25. #225
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    161
    Hey max I like your scott stem cap where did you get it ? the renthal stuff is cool.

  26. #226
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    98
    Hello mate the stem cap is from my other Scott, a Voltage FR20
    New Scott fat bike: Big Jon-img_1380.jpg

    How is your bike running

    I've yet to see another Big Jon/Ed on the trails although there are a lot of On-Ones

  27. #227
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    161
    Thanks. Nice voltage max ! nothing on my bike has broke or wore out yet. knock on wood . I see lots of fat bikes out riding but no big jons yet. a lot of people are buying specialized fatboys I see them a lot.

  28. #228
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGFAT29 View Post
    Thanks. Nice voltage max ! nothing on my bike has broke or wore out yet. knock on wood . I see lots of fat bikes out riding but no big jons yet. a lot of people are buying specialized fatboys I see them a lot.
    Cool beans

    Since buying the fat bike the bike I've used least of all is my long-forked hardtail. In the time-honoured way several components have been liberated and found a new home on Big Jon and this week my attention turned to the brakes.

    I've not bothered until now because the stock 396s have been so good - maybe not the lightest or the most powerful but 100% faff-free. Anyway I was browsing the bike shops and noticed the Zee brakes that were doing nothing on my hardtail have somehow almost doubled in price since I got them so it was time to put them to good use on Big Jon.

    The front one was the right length and it bolted straight on:
    New Scott fat bike: Big Jon-zee-f.jpg

    The rear was was too short so I obtained a replacment hose (BH90 c/w with banjo) and fitted it. If you've never changed a brake hose before it's an epic faff involving syringes and mineral oil and bits of pipe but I got there in the end. Basically the instructions that begin 'Repeat until...' mean repeat until you can't go on

    New Scott fat bike: Big Jon-zee-r.jpg

    I never had any problems with lack of power from the 396s but the Zees are more powerful in a bitey, stabby sort of way. What this means is that the amount of time spent braking is reduced - I can brake later and harder (with the same amount of effort) and be a bit quicker from A to B. One thing I hadn't anticipated is the amount of braking grip offered by the 4.8 JJs. A moderate pull on the levers is like riding into a tree I've never stopped so quick in all my life.

  29. #229
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    161
    Max you forgot to mention the shimano Zee brakes and rotors are also pretty cool looking. when my big jon needs new brakes I might consider some zee brakes. Ive read that they have super stopping power and thanks to you now I know.

  30. #230
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    161
    I just picked up this prologo zero 11 saddle from a new scott foil road bike. I will post a pic with it mounted on the big jon but wont get a chance today.I have had mostly wtb saddles but know a guy that says the prologos feel the best and I rode his mountain bike with a prologo road saddle and it felt pretty good.Im gonna give it a try will let you know.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Scott fat bike: Big Jon-hubbay-001.jpg  

    Last edited by BIGFAT29; 08-22-2016 at 08:10 PM.

  31. #231
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    98
    Used to have a Prologo Vertigo Max it was one of my favourite saddles. Sadly retired after one too many accidents

    That Zero 11 looks good it's a perfect match

  32. #232
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    161

    Scott big jon fat bike prologo saddle

    The prologo saddle is mounted and I gotta say its comfortable.I only put 20 miles on it and will probably need a week of riding to break it in to see if it still suits me. is it just me or does a smaller race saddle work better for ones rear end. not much more green stuff I can buy for this thing.I bought some raceface green crank arm end covers but maybe that's going too far. once a hillbilly always a hillbilly.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Scott fat bike: Big Jon-scottsrideon-026.jpg  

    New Scott fat bike: Big Jon-scottsrideon-032.jpg  

    New Scott fat bike: Big Jon-scottsrideon-001.jpg  

    New Scott fat bike: Big Jon-scottsrideon-012.jpg  

    Last edited by BIGFAT29; 08-25-2016 at 11:40 PM.

  33. #233
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    11
    Na. The green stuff looks amazing...

  34. #234
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    14
    Spoke with 3 different LBS's and not one of them even remotely wanted to even check stock to see if they could get me one of these bikes, they just wanted to sell me something else. I went to a fourth shop and bought a Felt DD instead.

  35. #235
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    109
    The sidewalls on my JJ's never looked that good. Ever. Of course, yours wont for much longer.

    Scrambler900, the Felts are super close. You didn't go wrong. I was eyeballing a DD70 and DD30 pretty hard, and could've had either in terms of stock... then I kind of stumbled in to the Big Jon and the rest is history.

  36. #236
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    161
    Quote Originally Posted by scrambler900 View Post
    Spoke with 3 different LBS's and not one of them even remotely wanted to even check stock to see if they could get me one of these bikes, they just wanted to sell me something else. I went to a fourth shop and bought a Felt DD instead.
    That sucks whats up with that ? just cause scott won gold in mens and womens mountain biking in the Olympics is no reason for a scott bike salesman to act arrogant like that and not check for you lol. no seriously some of these bike shops are lazy and don't want to help or tell you what they think you should buy.I went to three scott dealers before I ended up buying the big jon because of that. by the way I was going to buy a felt dd30 if I wouldn't of found the scott fat bike.what dd did you get ? felts have nice fat bikes. send us a pic of the felt fat bike if you get a chance.

  37. #237
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGFAT29 View Post
    That sucks whats up with that ? just cause scott won gold in mens and womens mountain biking in the Olympics is no reason for a scott bike salesman to act arrogant like that and not check for you lol. no seriously some of these bike shops are lazy and don't want to help or tell you what they think you should buy.I went to three scott dealers before I ended up buying the big jon because of that. by the way I was going to buy a felt dd30 if I wouldn't of found the scott fat bike.what dd did



    you get ? felts have nice fat bikes. send us a pic of the felt fat bike if you get a chance.

    I went with the 2016 DD70 close out for $999. I was thinking a 30 closeout but that blue color I couldn't deal with. I am still ahead as all I am gong to change on the 70 is the brakes and call it good. It is a 3rd bike in the stable so don't want to dump a bunch of $$.

  38. #238
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    161
    The dd70 is a great bike congrats !

  39. #239
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    161
    Does anyone know anything or seen pics of the 2017 scott big jon and big ed ? Ive been checking the interwebs and couldn't find anything yet. I wonder if there will be any upgrades or different frame colors for the scott fat bikes. maybe the big jon will get some mule fat tubeless ready rims this year. felt shows the 2017 fat bikes with major color changes. the 2017 trek Farley is on the web and some specialized ,Norco and a few other 2017s are showing up. for 2017 cannondale has a fat caad 3 fat bike aqua blue in color.they have a fat caad 1 and 2 now but this must be cannondales third fat bike offering.

  40. #240
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 0lli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    101
    I have the original saddle on my Scott Big Ed and I think they also call that thing the "Goblin Cleaver" - because it will chop your nuts off - no padding, just some plastic tarp wrapped around some hard plastic - but hey, it's green




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    - Olli

  41. #241
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    161

    Keep those nuts !

    Quote Originally Posted by 0lli View Post
    I have the original saddle on my Scott Big Ed and I think they also call that thing the "Goblin Cleaver" - because it will chop your nuts off - no padding, just some plastic tarp wrapped around some hard plastic - but hey, it's green




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think its time for you to look at some wtb saddles with a little more padding.less is more for me I like the race saddles. long live the nuts.Nice big ed .

  42. #242
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 0lli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    101
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGFAT29 View Post
    I think its time for you to look at some wtb saddles with a little more padding.less is more for me I like the race saddles. long live the nuts.Nice big ed .

    Yep, I like my wtb on my niner RIP - I think I found one that fits the color scheme of my Big Eduard

    - cheers


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    - Olli

  43. #243
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGFAT29 View Post
    Does anyone know anything or seen pics of the 2017 scott big jon and big ed ?
    This has appeared on some of the UK websites
    SCOTT Big Jon 2017 :: £1299.00 :: BIKES :: Fat Bikes / Plus Size :: Evolution Cycles Eastbourne Sussex

    Looks good

  44. #244
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    161
    Max you are the man ! Thank you . Ive been searching the web high and low and couldn't find anything. I think I like the 2016 bj with green better but not sure yet. the specs have the weight down a little on the 2017 but it looks like the same specs as the 2016 .again thanks.

  45. #245
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGFAT29 View Post
    Max you are the man ! Thank you . Ive been searching the web high and low and couldn't find anything. I think I like the 2016 bj with green better but not sure yet. the specs have the weight down a little on the 2017 but it looks like the same specs as the 2016 .again thanks.
    +1 I think we bought at the right time. The 2017 looks sharp, but it's not the eye-popper that the 2016 is. I also see they they don't have an Ed listed at all. Not sure if it's TBA, or if they dropped it. Looks like they've expanded the Plus lineup with some new offerings and they're aligning better with some of the other plus bikes out there with a slacker head angle. Probably a lot of fun.

  46. #246
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    98
    Must admit I prefer the grey/green although the 2015 model looked pretty good as well.

    Looks like the 2017 bike has a curved fork

  47. #247
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    161
    That fork does look curved now that you mentioned it ?

  48. #248
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    109
    Looking at the blown up picture on the website I think it has more of a rounded shape vs. the angular profile of the 2016 but overall vertical angle is the same. I think it just looks like it's not, because the shape of the tubing (internet guessing lol).

  49. #249
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    161

    No big ed for 2017

    I just talked to my local scott dealer and he said that the big ed is done.only the big jon will be available in 2017. if you were thinking about buying a 2016 big ed left on the dealer floor you probably better buy it. Im taking his word for it but he said he did talk to scott sports about it ?

  50. #250
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    98
    Over here Ed retails for about £1700 which is insane for an X7 hardtail even if it does have fat tyres. Based on my year of ownership no one believes a fat bike can be anything other than a snow/sand machine and the future of trail/dirt fat bikes like Big Ed/Jon looks bleak.

    There are also a number of car/outdoor lifestyle retailers who sell fat bikes for around £500 which is ideal for people who are fat-curious but don't want to spend enthusiast money.

    How niche are we
    Last edited by max gnarcore; 09-13-2016 at 04:57 AM.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. scott genius 720, not to bad of a bike
    By tim208 in forum 27.5
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-27-2014, 08:07 PM
  2. Capriolo Bike or Scott
    By Kert Sepa in forum 27.5
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-22-2014, 02:34 AM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-17-2014, 02:59 PM
  4. Where can I order a Scott bike (in USA)?
    By kosis in forum Scott Sports
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-29-2013, 04:30 PM
  5. Replies: 50
    Last Post: 03-20-2012, 08:59 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •