Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    mtbr member
    Max the most important thing is it has green graphics lol. looks yellow but they are green ! its a 1x11 sram / cannonondale si drivetrain. 30 t front 42 rear.sram guide brakes size medium and that strange looks like somethings missing front fork with 100mm of travel.jumbo jims and mulefut rims. the fabric seat is comfy.Im gonna get a diffrent riser bar and lighter tubes to complete it in the near future.dont worry I wont talk c'dale on this forum much longer but it did get us to a page 5.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Scott fat bike: Big Jon-img_6007.jpg  

New Scott fat bike: Big Jon-img_6000.jpg  

New Scott fat bike: Big Jon-img_6004.jpg  

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    I think it looks great - more contemporary than a lot of fat bikes - and the Lefty looks insane

Let us know how it rides

mtbr member
    It rides great max.it still looks like something is missing looking down at the no right fork leg. the big jon is pretty much spot on but this bike rides a little more like a regular mountain bike.its funny you can ride the scott big jon all day long with no hands for the fun of it but this thing is not as easy with no hands.thanks again max.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Glad you like it BF29. I do too

I haven't ridden Big Jon much since September. One of the advantages of having three other bikes that are fundamentally the same is that I can swap parts like Lego. After lying unridden since February this year I decided to rebuild my 26" HT. The frame and forks were still together but everything else had been scavenged so I retrieved some wheels, tyres, brakes, bars and cranks from the shed and put it back together. It's Commencal Ramones from 2013:

New Scott fat bike: Big Jon-image1.jpg

You know, I've done this a few times now and using the parts I already have means that on paper the spec looks like it would never fly but it does. The front tyre is a cast-off that never worked on a different bike but somehow on this one it feels great. The bars and stem were too wide/short but on this bike they have a motorcycle-type feel that just makes you want to grab them and ride. And the wheels - wow! Say what you want about Shimano cup-and-cone hubs but they spin so easily compared to cartridge hubs. The other parts are all odd but somehow the combination really works so I've been riding the wheels off it

mtbr member
    Thats a sweet frankenbike max. the mad doctor is in the house ! hey why not swap out parts . I could see a little more orange bits on the bike to make it really pop.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    We had some snow at the weekend. The first since I got Big Jon in Oct 2015.

I have to say sand and snow are two of my least favourite surfaces to ride on but riding in the snow was Actually Pretty Good on the fat bike. Where the snow was uninterrupted it was almost as good as dry dirt - lots of grip and forward motion combined with more prolonged sideways action compared to a thin bike.

Worst parts where the snow hadn't covered and it was apocalyptically muddy

New Scott fat bike: Big Jon-image2.jpg

mtbr member
    Now thats riding in a winter wonderland ! its about time you got to have some fun in the snow !

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Do you get much snow bud?

And how's that sweet Cannondale

mtbr member
    Just started to get the first real snow but only 1 inch so far. put some new riser bars on.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Scott fat bike: Big Jon-img_6323.jpg  

New Scott fat bike: Big Jon-img_6327.jpg  

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Looks amazing

And is that a black and green chain?

Edit: just seen your other pic indeed it is! Sick!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345